Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Yes, our RR night on 11/4 is at 7:00p. Apparently that's the same night as Dr. K's support group...or so I hear?

Also, yea that thread bothers me sometimes. I saw one lady's menu for the whole day (a few weeks ago), which consisted of Pork rinds, a few meatballs, and 2 kitkat bars. It was crazy! Those are the kinds of bad choices they're talking about when they say "eating around the band" I guess. :grouphug:

When I called the girl out for eating pork rinds, she chimed in that it was an excellent source of Protein. Who eats pork rinds as a source of protein? Aren't they just deep fried pig skins? :pray2:

Dr. K's support group is normally the 1st Tuesday, but in November it got moved to 11/11.

Dr. K's support group is normally the 1st Tuesday, but in November it got moved to 11/11.

Awesome, so you can come! It probably got moved since it's Election Day...

Speaking of elections, I need to go vote sometime before getting on the plane on Nov 4th! :grouphug:

Hello, my favorite ladies in the world. Just a quick drive by from NYC . . .

Great pic from RR. Always good to see new people! Dee . . . wow. What a difference. Oh my. You must be feeling pretty good.

Brandy, so sorry to hear about your dumb bum knee. Hope you're doing okay.

Munchie, let me know if your comedian is coming to Utah anytime. I'll go check him out and see if he's worthy.

Mal, sorry about the puke. Yuck oh yuck. Not missin' those days so much.

Jaime, you're so close!! WOOHOO!!!!! I can't believe you're all going to RR on election night! I shall be glued to the TV every minute.

So I forgot to bring my camera to NYC with me. Um, yeah. Dumb. So no vicarious living through my pics this time. Sorry Munch. We "rehearse" tomorrow and our big moment at the UN is Thursday. Nervous nervous nervous.

Not to make light of a bad thing, but going through airport security with a paranoid schizophrenic (my son) is an interesting process. I mean, they make me paranoid, and I'm not even ill! He hasn't flown for a long time and it was kind of tough for him, but we got through it and he was even able to laugh about it later. I was afraid they were going to make him go through the "body scan" machine but we lucked out.

Okay, TTFN! Love you alls!!!

Edited by minidriver
Can't spell.

I posted this in another thread but they've continued posting and ignored me....:grouphug:....so would any of you mind answering this for me? Being Dr. K patients, I probably should have asked you all this first, haha.

Does anyone remember the Full liquid Phase of post-op? Did you drink Protein Drinks during that phase, i.e. EAS or Atkins? What about those new IDS whey Protein Bullets (the 3 ounce liquid shots that are 42g of protein) - anyone have those during the Full Liquid Phase of post-op? Thanks!

Also, another post about the whey bullets...

How are those protein bullets working out for you? One a day, or less frequently? What flavors are best? Do you drink it all at once, or space it out throughout the day? I'm considering doing this during my full liquids phase post-op (Days 4-14). I've heard they control your hunger pretty well.

Hi everyone! I haven't posted in awhile.:smile: Still trying to adjust to the lifestyle of a bandster. I didn't realize what an emotional rollercoaster it would be. I honestly cried at the Biggest Loser tonight.:laugh: Ugh...

Jmegirl:

Only 2 more wks. Are you getting excited? I'm not that far out from the liquid stage. I have to say it was not as bad as I expected. I was a bad girl and did not get all 60g of protein that Dr.K recommends post-op. I did the EAS drinks and the muscle milk. I was not able to drink that much post-op. I had almost 2 cc's of Fluid in my band until last week. I just found the protein bullets/shots and love them. The first one I tried only had 26g of protein and it wasn't "yummy" (fruit punch) by any means but I could get it down. I just bought a case of the blue raspberry yesterday and they have 42g of protein. The higher the protein the thicker the consistency. Whew! Had trouble getting it down today but decided to drink 1/2 of it this a.m. and 1/2 in the p.m. I have to admit, I was not hungry all day. I had to make myself eat something. When does that ever happen? :smile: I've read some good ideas on how to dilute them so will have to give that a try. The shots are convenient and for me, the easiest way to make sure I'm getting enough protein. I figure if I can get one shot of 42g and get the rest of my protein from food, I will be doing good.:pray2: Definitely try one and let us know what you think.

Brandy: Where do you get the peach flavor? Those sound yummy!

Sorry I missed RR! I'm so sad.:sad: I haven't logged in for awhile and was thinking it was always the beginning of the month. Boo! We are moving next week so that was my only chance. Super bummed!

Hello, my favorite ladies in the world. Just a quick drive by from NYC . . .

Great pic from RR. Always good to see new people! Dee . . . wow. What a difference. Oh my. You must be feeling pretty good.

Brandy, so sorry to hear about your dumb bum knee. Hope you're doing okay.

Munchie, let me know if your comedian is coming to Utah anytime. I'll go check him out and see if he's worthy.

Mal, sorry about the puke. Yuck oh yuck. Not missin' those days so much.

Jaime, you're so close!! WOOHOO!!!!! I can't believe you're all going to RR on election night! I shall be glued to the TV every minute.

So I forgot to bring my camera to NYC with me. Um, yeah. Dumb. So no vicarious living through my pics this time. Sorry Munch. We "rehearse" tomorrow and our big moment at the UN is Thursday. Nervous nervous nervous.

Not to make light of a bad thing, but going through airport security with a paranoid schizophrenic (my son) is an interesting process. I mean, they make me paranoid, and I'm not even ill! He hasn't flown for a long time and it was kind of tough for him, but we got through it and he was even able to laugh about it later. I was afraid they were going to make him go through the "body scan" machine but we lucked out.

Okay, TTFN! Love you alls!!!

Mini-

Good luck with your rehearsal. You will do GREAT!!!!!!!:grouphug:

And I will let you know if comedian guy comes to Utah...he is going to eventually wonder why people all over the country are checking on him to see if he is worthy! LOL! My sis caught up with him already!

Jamie...

I love the bullets. I always get the peach or the fruit punch and put it in about 24 ounces of fruit punch Crystal Light. You can't even taste the Protein. That is the only way I get my protein in now. I think they are very conveinient and yummy! Try it and let me know what you think!

Brandy

A lot of people have said they like the bullets and they fly off the shelves at the store so I think it is mostly me. I have a hard time drinking anything at all so that is part of the problem. I don't even drink 24 oz. in a day. I know, I know, nurses no need to tell me how I need to drink more, lol :) I am trying though.

Deb

Tally

I have a hard time drinking too. This bullet/crystal light combo are about the only time I get Fluid in consistently. Espically when it is chilly outside!

I just went on my lunch break and bought 2 of those bullets from GNC, one fruit punch and one grape. I guess I'll try one of them tomorrow, first thing in the morning. Maybe I'll just drink half of it for Breakfast, and see how much it controls my appetite. Thanks for all the input!!!

I started my low-carb pre-op diet today...blah. I'm only required 7 days, and I had wanted to do a full 30 days, but that didn't happen. But I'm sticking to it today by golly!!!! :)

I am marking my calendar as we speak. I will be at RR on the 4th. I am getting this last 17 off even if it kills me!!!

YAY!! More people to meet!!! So far we've got Brandy, Dee, and DenverGirl coming. Can't wait to meet you all!!!

OMG

I just read something over on another thread and now I'm freaking out...which is to be expected, LOL. I'm 14 days out from surgery and will probably freak out at least 100 more times until they give me the anesthesia on surgery day, haha.

Can you really stretch your pouch? A girl posted that she's gone back to liquids/mushies for a few days because she says she has stretched her pouch. I didn't realize that could happen! I thought that if you tried to overeat it would be super painful and you'd PB whatever didn't fit in your pouch. So how do you stretch it???? :):mellow::tt2::cool2::thumbup:

A lot of people have said they like the bullets and they fly off the shelves at the store so I think it is mostly me. I have a hard time drinking anything at all so that is part of the problem. I don't even drink 24 oz. in a day. I know, I know, nurses no need to tell me how I need to drink more, lol :thumbup: I am trying though.

Deb

Tally,

THIS nurse isn't going to lecture you because she is horrible about drinking herself!!!! And if I do, it is iced tea!!!! :)

Munch

You must be super excited to be starting this next phase in your life!!! Enjoy it!!

I am excited. I am going out with Starbucks guy tonight, but I really kind of like comedian guy....:) But I figure what the heck!