Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Mini is right, yuck and creepy about the murders. Stay safe just in case Jaime!! That is scary stuff...

Yup, and tonight they just announced that it is officially being called a murder, and the boyfriend is officially named a suspect since he didn't show up for work today. :thumbup:

Forgot to ask you Jaime or Shelbi...What in the world is a DOOKIE??? Rhymes with...Poopie!!!

A DOOKIE is what we call the Duke fans! I'm an NC State Wolfpack fan, and she's a UNC Tarheel fan, since we both live in NC. Anything is better than being a Duke fan!

I don't hate anyone! And I only feel strongly about Duke and UNC fans, because I'm an NCSU girl and those are our rivals! :thumbup:

Jme, that is scary about your neighbor. Hope things quiet down soon.

Brandy, I walked about 12 minutes to whole foods, about 15 minutes around the store, and 12 minutes home - that wiped me for the day. I ventured out into the yard later in the afternoon for a few minutes. I think it must just be shaking off the anesthesia since everything feels so exhausting. I haven't even needed Tylenol today. Am still doing full liquid diet.< /p>

Mini, I am very thankful that I don't need to fly anywhere. Tally flew home today, and I can only imagine trekking through several airports feeling like I do.

I'm glad I don't have to go back to work until Thursday. I"m not sure if I"m just being a baby, or if it is because Dr. K did a hernia repair also. My follow up appointment with him is on Tues.

Thanks everybody for your cheering on. Today was a better day.:thumbup:

So I just finished eating my first meal since my fill. I ate about a half a chicken breast and some green Beans. I cut everything into tiny pieces and chewed really well and everything seemed to go fine. But now I kind of have a tummy ache in my little tummy. Is this what it's like to have something stuck? Or did I just eat too much? I don't feel like throwing up or anything, my stomach just hurts.

Jme, that is scary about your neighbor. Hope things quiet down soon.

Brandy, I walked about 12 minutes to whole foods, about 15 minutes around the store, and 12 minutes home - that wiped me for the day. I ventured out into the yard later in the afternoon for a few minutes. I think it must just be shaking off the anesthesia since everything feels so exhausting. I haven't even needed Tylenol today. Am still doing full liquid diet.< /p>

Mini, I am very thankful that I don't need to fly anywhere. Tally flew home today, and I can only imagine trekking through several airports feeling like I do.

I'm glad I don't have to go back to work until Thursday. I"m not sure if I"m just being a baby, or if it is because Dr. K did a hernia repair also. My follow up appointment with him is on Tues.

Thanks everybody for your cheering on. Today was a better day.:thumbup:

I think if you made it through all that walking today in one piece you are definitely NOT being a baby. I had a hernia too and I felt kinda crappy for awhile. I had my surgery on Wednesday and went in to work for a few hours on Monday and honestly didn't feel too great, so I think you should quit being so hard on yourself!!! I know it's not considered "major surgery" but it does involve anesthesia, trauma to your body, etc. Just kick back and relax. Every day gets a little better and in about two weeks you'll think -"huh, I feel really good!". It just sort of hits you one day that you feel all better!

Deb~ YEAH! So glad to hear Tucker is home and he ATE. Woot!! Hopefully his recovery will be speedy from here on out.

Again on the pills subject. This is the one thing that really bothers me about having surgery out of state. I do not feel like I have been informed 100% on what I can and can't do.

Can I use a straw or not?

Can I have carbonation or not?

Is popcorn bad or not?

Should I crush all my pills or not?

Etc.. etc.. etc.

Finding the answers on here is NOT how I want to manage my lap band. Every surgeon is different and every one of my questions would receive a different answer.

I know it is as simple as an email or phone call for an answer, but I really feel like there should have been a packet that was handed out that covered EVERYTHING. A 20 minute consult prior to surgery that covered the surgery did not, and does not, cut it. I do feel a bit like I was left hanging.

Right now my fill level is still open enough that pills do not bother me. I am going to ask my new surgeon his policy when I go in for a fill on the 17th. I can see how if I got tighter, pills could/would be a problem.

I am thankful that I finally found a surgeon local who will do my followup care and he seems on the ball. I think I will have to write down my questions on a sheet of paper and fire squad him next time I see him.

Sometimes I really feel like I am floundering around. If it wasn't for this support thread, I would be SOOO lost.

Dork: My packet from Dr. K answered ALL the questions you posted above, straws, popcorn, pills, etc. but I have to agree this thread is answering many other questions.

Mini...I sometimes get a tummy ache there too...it is a weird feeling, but as things start moving it gets better.

The crazy thing with my last fill is that I need to stand up in the middle of a meal just to get things to go down. It is weird and I am sure it looks great when were in a resturant but oh well!

Mini...I sometimes get a tummy ache there too...it is a weird feeling, but as things start moving it gets better.

The crazy thing with my last fill is that I need to stand up in the middle of a meal just to get things to go down. It is weird and I am sure it looks great when were in a resturant but oh well!

Well, as long as you're not flapping your arms around and stuff, you probably don't look too terribly weird . . :thumbup:

I know, I know...I do look like a crazy bird every now and then...I have to swallow REALLY hard and crain my neck and head forward to get something to go down. My children just roll their eyes. Oh and sigh. Heavily.

Gosh, lots of positive stuff in the last 24 or so hours!

Dork: cute glasses! congrats on NSVs...

tucker update (ignore if you are tired of dog talk:wink2:) He is doing great. No coughing, freight train breathing, or vomiting. He is eating more in quantity and in frequency. He is getting stronger in his back legs (all the better to hop up into my favorite chair). We are so optimistic about his future; it will be our responsibility to make sure he eats and drinks in a correct posture...a flat plane position.

Good news for me! I calculated that I have lost 20 lbs. since surgery, which was only 17 days ago, making a total of almost 34 lbs so far:lol:

As I mentioned earlier, I am coming on 23rd for my first fill and have to say I am a little anxious about it. I have had no probs so far at all and I am envisioning trouble after a fill. Tell me, am I being anxious for no reason?:thumbup: