Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Know what you mean Denise. Same here!!

Why are we stopped?!? I don't think that my body could be happy here? I am up to 6.95 in my band and don't think I could go tighter. We got to figure this out!!!

If it is done, are you happy where your at?

Why are we stopped?!? I don't think that my body could be happy here? I am up to 6.95 in my band and don't think I could go tighter. We got to figure this out!!!

Brandy, I don't think I could get any more in my band either. I still have trouble getting enough in. I think that might be my problem. I have been trying to do at least 2 Protein drinks a day. That is something I have always had trouble with. The good part is that I am at 142 and in a size 8 sometimes a size 6 depending on brand & cut. I really am happy when I have clothes on, but when I am naked I'm not so happy. I really want to lose that last 17 lbs. that way I can wear a bathing suit and be comfortable in public. We are going to Cancun in October and I want to be at goal so that we can do an awesome family picture for our Christmas card. I have lost all this weight and I want to show it off. If you know what I mean. It has been nice seeing how many people have noticed my loss though.

What about you would you be happy?

Brandy, I am going to do some romantic pictures for my hubby for his birthday this year and I would like to be at goal for that too. I need to get back to exercising I just am to tired and I don't have enough time in the day.

The guy that referred me to Dr. K had his surgery in Mexico. He pays $150 to Dr. K for each fill. He about flipped when I told him $15. So the $150 is probably pretty reasonable.

I had my first fill last week and I don't think I got enough. I still eat about the same amount of food as I did before. My best friend got 4.2cc and I got 2.6. She's having great restriction.

Is anybody using fitday.com? I use it religiously and love it. It helps me convince myself I'm not hungry. I've been running about 1100 calories per day and losing about 1lb per week. Seems like it should be more. I could never have stuck to that low of calories before lap band.

Hey Brandy, How have you been? Crazy here with sports and school shiola...I have kinda puttered out on losing weight, and have been fighting a bad Migraine all day. It gets a little better than I munch than it gets worse again just a vicious cycle.

Mini, Glad your fill went well. What is the deal about eating warm liquids for 48 hrs after a fill? I have never heard that before.

Denver, Day 3 was pretty bad for me if I remember right. A little more pain than I could handle. I just took the pain meds and slept a lot. You'll feel better before you know it and be on your way to a "half" new you.

Well, he said that the vagus nerve becomes irritated after a fill and both food and cold liquids can cause it to spasm, which can cause a lot of swelling and tightness. I was really swollen after my first fill, so I think I'll try the 48 hours of warm liquids and see how it works. It's so weird how different each doc is with stuff.

The guy that referred me to Dr. K had his surgery in Mexico. He pays $150 to Dr. K for each fill. He about flipped when I told him $15. So the $150 is probably pretty reasonable.

I had my first fill last week and I don't think I got enough. I still eat about the same amount of food as I did before. My best friend got 4.2cc and I got 2.6. She's having great restriction.

Is anybody using fitday.com? I use it religiously and love it. It helps me convince myself I'm not hungry. I've been running about 1100 calories per day and losing about 1lb per week. Seems like it should be more. I could never have stuck to that low of calories before lap band.

I use fitday and keep track of every bite I eat. Before my first fill I was at about 1100 per day as well and was losing about a lb a week too. After my fill I was able to keep between 800-900 and started losing 2 lbs per week. I would like to lose more but I know it's not really healthy to lose any faster than that at my BMI and I would have to eat pretty much nothing to make it happen. If I can consistently lose 2 lbs a week I'll be pretty happy.

Brandy, I am going to do some romantic pictures for my hubby for his birthday this year and I would like to be at goal for that too. I need to get back to exercising I just am to tired and I don't have enough time in the day.

You two are SO close. It must be tough to be stuck. Maybe you do need to eat a little more, or at least more Protein or something. The guy I saw today gives people phentermine if they need it to get through that last little bit. I took fen/phen back when it was still available and it was fabulous. He assured me that the phentermine is not dangerous and that his patients do great with it. We'll see when I get to that point. Right now I'll just plug along with my 2 lbs a week.

Hotmomma, that's so great that you're going to do romantic pics. Good for you. That will make you feel really good.

Honestly, no I would not be happy. I am in a 10/12, but know in my heart another 20-25 would be perfect...and no that is not what I was in high school. You sound like your doing awesome.

Were doing pictures too, so I would like to be at goal for that as well.

I also know what you mean...where does the time go?!?!

I am trying to make gym time about 1 in the afternoon, when everyone is in school...that way I am not super rushed. That just means everything needs to get done in the morning!

Mini~

Isn't phentermine a pill? If so, what makes it different from the other pills when swallowed...just curious becuase I have done phentermine before and wonder if it could be a feasable option.

Mini~

Isn't phentermine a pill? If so, what makes it different from the other pills when swallowed...just curious becuase I have done phentermine before and wonder if it could be a feasable option.

Oh, you mean as far as needing to crush it? Or???? I just had a long chat with my pharmacist because ALL of the proton pump inhibitors are not supposed to be crushed, and neither is the anti-inflammatory that I have to take. I am going to try splitting each pill in four pieces. I don't know what else to do. I have to be able to take my meds and if crushing them all the time affects their efficacy then I have to try something else.

Hello, everyone. This is my first post so I hope I get it right. I have been reading and researching for many months. I will be banded in 5 days by Dr. K. and am finally over a case of the nerves and am very excited! You didnt' know it but your posts have helped me with many questions, Thanks!

I am SO jealous of you right now!! I have been trying really hard to watch what I eat and I have been exercising but I'm still stuck in the 292-294 range. I knowI need another fill but who knows when I'll be able to get one. :lovechoc:

I always lose fast at the beginning. I did even on WW. My first week on WW, I lost 11 pounds. My problem as always been sticking to a diet. Now, with the band, I have the tool to stick to it. I have not been counting calories. I don't drink Protein Drinks. I try to eat Protein. I think I have been staying around 1000 calories. Today I ate:

B: 2 slices turkey bacon and 1 scrambled egg with 1/2 slice cheese

L: small salad with grilled chicken and FF ranch

D: Healthy Request Penne Pasta dinner

S: 15 or so mini pretzels sticks and 2 tablespoons lite cheddar.

What is your typical day's menu? Everyone is different with weight loss. Maybe you need to eat more:thumbup: