Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

AdorK, I only lost a pound last week so that makes 6.5 pounds lost during the Labor Day Challenge. I think my goal was 10 pounds. But that's OK, I still lost! Just a few more pounds and I'll weigh less than my husband (which is a huge goal of mine). Congrats to the other losers. :cornut:
Congrats on your success missy!!! Thanks for joining the challenge. You did great! :thumbup:
Adorkable!!!

Congrats on making it to Twoterville!!!

lol... thanks! :lol:
I am down to 142 after our last challenge. I guess it doesn't help that I am sitting here eating homemade ice cream.
yummmm homemade ice cream. Awesome job on the 4 pounds. Being so close to goal, that is a great accomplishment! :thumbup:
Hi, girls, just checking in late tonight as I just don't know what else to do. My big guy made it through the second surgery (no mass was found). We did a "little" celebratory dance; however, the dr. called a half hour later to say there was pneumonia in one lung. We are currently hitting $12K for this, but I can't say just : Okay, that is more than we want to spend.

Like I said before, I know others think this is crazy, but he is my boy.

Awww Deb my heart just aches for you and Tucker. Still sending lots of happy tail wagging htoughts your way. ((hugs))
Okay, this is what I have thus far for our next challenge. If I'm missing anyone, let me know. Remember, we'll start this Friday, so our first weight in won't be until NEXT Friday (Sept. 12).

Bahotmomma 17 :smile:

BellaPerdente 25 :smile:

Deboregon 15 :smile:

DenverGirl 8 :smile:

Greenchrysalis 15 :smile:

Lapdancer 20 :smile:

Lotzasunshine 20 :smile:

Minidriver 16 :smile:

PrtyAntOvrYt 28 :smile:

ShelbiCallie 22 :smile:

Sidann 19:smile:

Your missing me!!! :w00t: I am still trying to come up with a number. I need a fill again. I can eat almost anything. Grrrr. For now put me down for 15 since that will get me to 100 pounds lost!

Tucker update: Just got back from seeing him today. He has to be on oxygen and IV nourishment (he won't eat). Good news (?) although the pneumonia is worse today than yesterday, it wasn't as bad as dr. thought it was going to be (new radiographs...is that newspeak for xrays?). I bawled through my entire visit with him. His sides and chest are shaved; he has tubes going in everywhere; he pants really hard. It's killin' me. Dr. will call again tonight after rounds.

food is the last thing on my mind these days. Now alcohol, that's another story. I want so badly to drink beer, but I did manage to down a bottle of wine last evening..I know...bad choice as Dr. K says:sad:....oh, well...

Bad choice for wine??? Why? I love it and didn't think it was a band issue???

Glad to hear Tucker is hanging in there. Breaks my heart reading your posts. I would just melt into a puddle if one of my furbabies had to go through all that. :huggie:

OKAY... this is what I have so far. Still missing some final weigh ins. Once I get those I will post a final tally. Again, great work girls!

clap.gif LABOR DAY 4 WEEK CHALLENGE clap.gif

(monday weigh-ins)

adorkable | initial 314 | wk1 307 | wk2 299 | wk3 302 |wk4 299

clap.gif

Amieru | initial 249 | wk1 247| wk2 245 | wk3 244 ;)

bahotmomma | initial 146 | wk1 145 | wk2 144 |wk4 142clap.gif

brandymom1234 | -2lbs :lol:

BellaPerdente |initial 259 |wk1 257 |wk2 256 |wk3 251|wk4 248clap.gif

deboregon |316.5 |wk1 313.1 |wk2 307.8 |wk3 301.2 |wk4 296.6 clap.gif

DenverGirl |initial 239 | wk1 237 | wk2 237 | wk3 237 | wk 235 clap.gif

GreenChrysalis |244|wk1 243|wk2 240.5|wk3 238.5|wk4 237.5clap.gif

lap_dancer | initial 307 | wk1 305 |wk3 304 :lol:

lifesaver |178|wk1 175|wk2 173|wk3 175|wk4 171clap.gif

lotzasunshine | initial 294 | wk2 297 |wk3 293 :lol:

minidriver |204.8 |wk1 205.2 |wk2 203.3 |wk3 198.4 |wk4 197.6clap.gif

munchkin392 | initial 189 | wk1 186 | wk2 187 | wk3 185 :lol:

PrtyAntOvrYt | wk1&2 -5.2 | wk3 -6 | final - 11.2 clap.gif

ShelbiCallie |initial 189 |wk1 188 |wk2 187 wk3 186 |wk4 187 clap.gif

Sidann | initial 223 | wk1 221 | wk2 220 | wk3 219 | wk4 218 clap.gif

Edited by adorKable

gi.JPG

Had an upper GI done today. Dr Monash wanted to know exactly where my port was and how my band is placed before he takes over my care. He wanted the films to review, not just the report from the Radiologist, so I got a cool CD with my Xrays on it. Yeah, I’m a dork.

Anyway… probably the most disgusting test I have had to date… and trust me, I have had quite a few this year. Drinking a cup full of heavy chalk was just disgusting! Painless… but disgusting.

Just want to share a pic of my innards. Bwahahaha

gi.JPG

Had an upper GI done today. Dr Monash wanted to know exactly where my port was and how my band is placed before he takes over my care. He wanted the films to review, not just the report from the Radiologist, so I got a cool CD with my Xrays on it. Yeah, I’m a dork.

Anyway… probably the most disgusting test I have had to date… and trust me, I have had quite a few this year. Drinking a cup full of heavy chalk was just disgusting! Painless… but disgusting.

oooo, that's so cool! I can't wait to have my fluoroscopy Friday and see mine!! so did he think everything looked good?

I'm so glad I asked! PB'ing sounds like the absolute worst thing on the planet. Not looking forward to the experience...:thumbup:

I've had my band for 7 months and have never slimed or PB'd. I have had a little difficulty with left over chicken breast, but I just slow down and it's not a problem.

I've never vomited either.

Deb-

We continue to send you HUGE mastiff/labbie prayers, hugs, and slobbery kisses. We are so worried about Tucker! But it sounds like he is hanging in there like a trooper!

:thumbup:

gi.JPG

Yep, I just had the joy of having one of those last Wednesday. Isn't the barium delightful? ;)

My final weigh in when I went to the doctor Tues was 180. Of course I lost this because I haven't been able to hold down any solid food for two weeks! He took out 0.3 cc's after much debate which finally boiled down to me basically demanding he take out that much. He wanted to leave it!! It's official, I think my fill doctor is a crackhead for sure!! And what a coincidence, I can hold my food down now and haven't PB'd once...I guess it wasn't really "all in my head" after all!

At any rate, I am now officially the weight I have lied about on my drivers license for the last 10 years! :lol:

I ended my vacation tonight by slicing my index finger open on a paring knife while I was washing it. I had to go to the ER and get glued up. Sheesh. I am ready to go back to work after the vacation I have had!

Okay, this is what I have thus far for our next challenge. If I'm missing anyone, let me know. Remember, we'll start this Friday, so our first weight in won't be until NEXT Friday (Sept. 12).

Bahotmomma 17 :thumbup:

BellaPerdente 25 ;)

Deboregon 15 :lol:

DenverGirl 8 :lol:

Greenchrysalis 15 :lol:

Lapdancer 20 :lol:

Lotzasunshine 20 :lol:

Minidriver 16 :thumbup:

PrtyAntOvrYt 28 :cornut:

ShelbiCallie 22 :huggie:

Sidann 19:smile:

Mini-

Put me down for 15 pounds please!! :smile:

Yep, I just had the joy of having one of those last Wednesday. Isn't the barium delightful? ;)

My final weigh in when I went to the doctor Tues was 180. Of course I lost this because I haven't been able to hold down any solid food for two weeks! He took out 0.3 cc's after much debate which finally boiled down to me basically demanding he take out that much. He wanted to leave it!! It's official, I think my fill doctor is a crackhead for sure!! And what a coincidence, I can hold my food down now and haven't PB'd once...I guess it wasn't really "all in my head" after all!

At any rate, I am now officially the weight I have lied about on my drivers license for the last 10 years! :lol:

I ended my vacation tonight by slicing my index finger open on a paring knife while I was washing it. I had to go to the ER and get glued up. Sheesh. I am ready to go back to work after the vacation I have had!

Oh yea! So glad youy have been PB free. I can't believe your fill DR argued with you about removing fill. Jeesh. It is YOUR body and YOU know how YOU feel. So glad you stuck to you guns!!!

Ouch on the finger!

oooo, that's so cool! I can't wait to have my fluoroscopy Friday and see mine!! so did he think everything looked good?

The radiologist was in and out. Dr Monash won't get the results for a few days, and I bring the films with me when I go for my fill on the 17th.

Fluoroscopy is pretty cool. I have had all three of my fills under fluoro. That is how my Dr Berger discovered I had reflux. I am going to miss having fills under fluoro. :lol:

clap.gif LABOR DAY 4 WEEK CHALLENGE clap.gif

(monday weigh-ins)

adorkable | initial 314 | wk1 307 | wk2 299 | wk3 302 |wk4 299

clap.gif

Amieru | initial 249 | wk1 247| wk2 245 | wk3 244 :thumbup:

bahotmomma | initial 146 | wk1 145 | wk2 144 |wk4 142clap.gif

brandymom1234 | -2lbs ;)

BellaPerdente |initial 259 |wk1 257 |wk2 256 |wk3 251|wk4 248clap.gif

deboregon |316.5 |wk1 313.1 |wk2 307.8 |wk3 301.2 |wk4 296.6 clap.gif

DenverGirl |initial 239 | wk1 237 | wk2 237 | wk3 237 | wk 235 clap.gif

GreenChrysalis |244|wk1 243|wk2 240.5|wk3 238.5|wk4 237.5clap.gif

lap_dancer | initial 307 | wk1 305 |wk3 304 :lol:

lifesaver |178|wk1 175|wk2 173|wk3 175|wk4 171clap.gif

lotzasunshine | initial 294 | wk2 297 |wk3 293 :lol:

minidriver |204.8 |wk1 205.2 |wk2 203.3 |wk3 198.4 |wk4 197.6clap.gif

munchkin392 |initial 189|wk1 186| wk2 187 | wk3 185 |wk4 180clap.gif

PrtyAntOvrYt | wk1&2 -5.2 | wk3 -6 | final - 11.2 clap.gif

ShelbiCallie |initial 189 |wk1 188 |wk2 187 wk3 186 |wk4 187 clap.gif

Sidann | initial 223 | wk1 221 | wk2 220 | wk3 219 | wk4 218 clap.gif

This morning, I am going to the dermatologist's office. My first reward for getting to my first big goal is to have the tiny red spots on my upper lip removed.

Cool! I'm glad to hear you're rewarding yourself!! How'd it go?

Well, gosh, doesn't look like you can see the blueberries too well. Stormy's all "blued-up" from eating so many...she just plops herself down in a field of berries and eats her way into heaven!!

Blueberry Heaven! Love it!

Tucker update: Just got back from seeing him today. He has to be on oxygen and IV nourishment (he won't eat). Good news (?) although the pneumonia is worse today than yesterday, it wasn't as bad as dr. thought it was going to be (new radiographs...is that newspeak for xrays?). I bawled through my entire visit with him. His sides and chest are shaved; he has tubes going in everywhere; he pants really hard. It's killin' me. Dr. will call again tonight after rounds.

The tubes and panting would get me too, Deb. Hang in there. You're doing everything you can for Tucker and it sounds like he is getting the best care possible. Continuing to keep you both in my thoughts and prayers.

Hi everybody,

Thanks again for your good wishes, I sailed through the surgery just fine. I did have a hernia, so Dr.K fixed it. I was having some pain and was nausated, so they gave me drugs for that. The surgery was at 1, and I think we left for home at 4:30.

It was fun that when I was in the pre-op area, Deb was in the post-op area and we could see each other. They even let me go over thre for a few minutes to chat.

You can tell the RN's love Dr. K!

Thanks for saving me a seat on the losers bench!

YAY Devner!!!!!!!!!

PAIN today. Really bad pain. Killed my appetite.

I had therapy and I now have a TENS unit (the pocket battery pack with the leads and sticky tabs secured to body for electrical stimulation)...ahhhhhhhh the bliss, the joy.

Three days in bed was GOOOD.

I now have BUTT strengthening added to my routine. Squeeze and release, 15 times.

A TENS unit is da bomb!!! Glad to hear you got some relief.

So cool!! Yes, another dork here. I love xrays!

Way to stand up to that doc, Munchk! Ouch on that cut, but isn't glue wonderful stuff?-- I loved it when we could use it in the Peds practice where I used to work. Kids do much better with that than the sutures. Come to think of it-- everybody does better with the glue!

Called the library and put the BFL book on reserve. I'll pick it up today on my lunch hour. I'm very much interested in doing this. I'm thinking I can continue to eat my steel cut oats if I do this, right? Rene/Dee???

Adork...Only 2 for the challenge. Boo.

Oh well, I have a new fill, and a BIG desire to hit the gym. Thats how I will get to goal!!