Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Or you're just better at following the rules than I am. :thumbup: I wouldn't count a PB as a sign that you're at optimal restriction or anything like that. Ideally, you'd never have one.

Well, I'm not so good with rules so I don't think that's the case. :mellow:

So...I'm going to post some pictures...because I know you all wait with baited breath for pictures from Alaska...I'm going to see how many I can get without this taking the ENTIRE day to upload...we'll see!:mellow:

Here is my wood pile that I've been talking about. The Missionaries from our church did most of the chopping (I had planned to, but everytime I left the house I came back to another huge stack of chopped wood!) It's going to be a blessing this year!:thumbup:

post-219385-13813137522029_thumb.jpg

post-219385-13813137522249_thumb.jpg

Yeah, I know it's not fall for you all, but it's HERE all right! We've been hiking a lot and picking blueberries. My legs are killing me today from all the squatting and walking I did yesterday to get about a gallon of berries. They are so plentiful that you can reach down and get a whole handful off of one branch! Yeah, Alaska is good sometimes.

Lap - the invitation still stands...c'mon up!

Now...isn't my girl cute???:thumbup:

post-219385-1381313752248_thumb.jpg

post-219385-13813137522724_thumb.jpg

post-219385-13813137522905_thumb.jpg

Well, gosh, doesn't look like you can see the blueberries too well. Stormy's all "blued-up" from eating so many...she just plops herself down in a field of berries and eats her way into heaven!!

Denver: hope all went well today. i know i can hardly believe it has been only two weeks since my surgery. I have felt fine since leaving the hospital!! I bet you will too.

Tucker update: Just got back from seeing him today. He has to be on oxygen and IV nourishment (he won't eat). Good news (?) although the pneumonia is worse today than yesterday, it wasn't as bad as dr. thought it was going to be (new radiographs...is that newspeak for xrays?). I bawled through my entire visit with him. His sides and chest are shaved; he has tubes going in everywhere; he pants really hard. It's killin' me. Dr. will call again tonight after rounds.

food is the last thing on my mind these days. Now alcohol, that's another story. I want so badly to drink beer, but I did manage to down a bottle of wine last evening..I know...bad choice as Dr. K says:sad:....oh, well...

Oh Deb, I am so worried for you and Tucker. I know how you must be feeling. I think of you often and include you in my prayers. your strength is admiring, I believe in your little Tucker, you know he is fighting as hard as he can for you. Take care, I'm sending hugs and Buster sends soft warm snuggles!

Hi Deb. Hang in there. And I think wine was probably a good choice, given the circumstances.

Marcy, that's one heck of a pile of firewood. Oh my. And, yes, your little one is adorable.

Hi everybody,

Thanks again for your good wishes, I sailed through the surgery just fine. I did have a hernia, so Dr.K fixed it. I was having some pain and was nausated, so they gave me drugs for that. The surgery was at 1, and I think we left for home at 4:30.

It was fun that when I was in the pre-op area, Deb was in the post-op area and we could see each other. They even let me go over thre for a few minutes to chat.

You can tell the RN's love Dr. K!

Thanks for saving me a seat on the losers bench!

Hi everybody,

Thanks again for your good wishes, I sailed through the surgery just fine. I did have a hernia, so Dr.K fixed it. I was having some pain and was nausated, so they gave me drugs for that. The surgery was at 1, and I think we left for home at 4:30.

It was fun that when I was in the pre-op area, Deb was in the post-op area and we could see each other. They even let me go over thre for a few minutes to chat.

Woohoo!!!!

Hi everybody,

Yay, I'm so happy to see you're doing well after surgery!! Keep us updated on your recovery. I guess you've got your own spot on the Loser's Bench now! I'll be joining you all in 62 days....:thumbup:

since everyone else is being brave I will join in the halloween fun!! Put me down for 15 lbs, even though I am the worlds slowest loser. I have to find a gym buddy, i need someone to kick my butt :boxing_smiley:to keep me going to the gym.

I hope Tucker will be up and his old self very soon, I totally understand doing everything for your furry children.

Denver, welcome to the loser's bench (or should i say benches) we have so many wonderful women here we are going to have to add on new branches. :thumbup:

Denver...way to sail through your surgery! Looking forward to hearing how you are feeling over the next few days. I really struggled with pain so you are already doing way better than me. I'm so excited for you. Welcome to the club.

Mini...Put me down for 15 lbs for the Halloween Challenge. I am losing slower these days so not sure how realistic it is...but I'll try. I think if I actually stick to the BFL then it is very doable.

Dee....my trip to FL this week was cancelled due to the pending arrival of Hannah....but I have to travel all of next week. So, why dont you go ahead an finish your 21 day detox and we will start BFL then? I won't be able to do it from the road very effectively....especially the first week which is the toughest.

Deb...still praying for your dear Tucker

Marcy...nice pile of wood girl. Hope that lasts you all winter.

Man...I can't stop eating chocolate lately. For some reason I think that because I did a 14er that from now on I can eat whatever I want. I must shift my thinking before I do some serious damage to my progress. Our brains are silly things somtimes.

Later Bandsters!

Yeah, I know it's not fall for you all, but it's HERE all right! We've been hiking a lot and picking blueberries. My legs are killing me today from all the squatting and walking I did yesterday to get about a gallon of berries. They are so plentiful that you can reach down and get a whole handful off of one branch! Yeah, Alaska is good sometimes.

Lap - the invitation still stands...c'mon up!

Now...isn't my girl cute???:lol:

LOVE IT LOVE IT!! I can pick berries with the best of 'em. (use to) She is adorable. That wood will come in real handy. We have a wood stove that we need to repair , it does get cold in Florida..like 40 degrees and that is cold for us, so we do enjoy a fire. That pile was a kindly deed for them to do for you all.

**and I watched your Governor on the tube tonight deliver her speech. All I can say is...Wow. Strong woman. Love it. She was amazing.**

Denver: hope all went well today. i know i can hardly believe it has been only two weeks since my surgery. I have felt fine since leaving the hospital!! I bet you will too.

Tucker update: Just got back from seeing him today. He has to be on oxygen and IV nourishment (he won't eat). Good news (?) although the pneumonia is worse today than yesterday, it wasn't as bad as dr. thought it was going to be (new radiographs...is that newspeak for xrays?). I bawled through my entire visit with him. His sides and chest are shaved; he has tubes going in everywhere; he pants really hard. It's killin' me. Dr. will call again tonight after rounds.

food is the last thing on my mind these days. Now alcohol, that's another story. I want so badly to drink beer, but I did manage to down a bottle of wine last evening..I know...bad choice as Dr. K says:sad:....oh, well...

I cannot begin to find words for you right now. I'll try. We have a house full of pets and they are part of the fam. our fur babies. Our oldest, Big Ed, just had a benign cyst removed, and ear surgery.

He had lost his "skip" (one leg remains up in the back and he does this little double jump in his walk). I told my husband I sensed he was not well at all. I badgered and finally when I left for Texas my son took him in and they got the tab which would be close to $1000 with surgery and all the tests and meds. The vet was kindly and given that we loved our dog and still could not choke on that steep a bill reduced the fees somewhat. Every little helped and Ed had the procedures and was home same day with recovery instructions. He is fine now.

Take it one day at a time. Your heart is in the right place. He is your boy. You are being a responsible pet parent. Hope and do the best that you can and try not to focus on tomorrow. There is enough in tomorrow for the 24 hours it occupies.

Pamper yourself with Yankee Candles that smell absolutely divine, fresh flowers, a nice meal OUT and enjoy the fine selections of things like French onion Soup and a rich with fresh crisp greens salad. Get a pedicure. For $30 plus tip someone soaks your feet and rubs them and paints your toenails and for some reason that makes me feel like a million.

Be well.

Hi everybody,

WAY TO GO!! and WELCOME to the band. :thumbup:

since everyone else is being brave I will join in the halloween fun!! Put me down for 15 lbs, even though I am the worlds slowest loser. I have to find a gym buddy, i need someone to kick my butt :boxing_smiley:to keep me going to the gym. :lol:

Glad to see another step forth and bravely join the challenge. I think it does something to the motivation factor. HEY, I think I only lost 3 lbs the last challenge but something about putting forth a weekly weigh in to someone adds to the excitment and keeps the focus on "THE BALL".

Dee....my trip to FL this week was cancelled due to the pending arrival of Hannah....but I have to travel all of next week. So, why dont you go ahead an finish your 21 day detox and we will start BFL then? I won't be able to do it from the road very effectively....especially the first week which is the toughest.

Well I am glad you didn't risk it. The weather IS beautiful at the moment and it looks like Hanna will head to Savannah ;) a town that is just wonderful. Hanna is spinning West North West. The next one coming is Ike, I believe that is it and then we have a J coming behind that one.

Man...I can't stop eating chocolate lately. For some reason I think that because I did a 14er that from now on I can eat whatever I want. I must shift my thinking befor I do some serious damage to my progress. Our brains are silly things.

Good thing you have caught yourself.

I waited two weeks on a craving I continue to work on impulse eating which is a habit I have had to break. The first one was drinking loads of liquids with my meals. I now pretty much eat dry. I consider that one a victory but it took me strong focus on hydrating between meals to break it.

BRAINS ARE SILLY SILLY THINGS!

PAIN today. Really bad pain. Killed my appetite.

I had therapy and I now have a TENS unit (the pocket battery pack with the leads and sticky tabs secured to body for electrical stimulation)...ahhhhhhhh the bliss, the joy.

Three days in bed was GOOOD.

I now have BUTT strengthening added to my routine. Squeeze and release, 15 times.