Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

LABOR DAY 4 WEEK CHALLENGE

(monday weigh-ins)

adorKable - Goal 10 lbs

minidriver - Goal 10 lbs

lap_dancer - Goal 23 lbs

:wink2:

Add me for 8 pounds, please, and thanks Ador for being the statistician (sp) this go round! You and Dee are the best for leading these challenges; I can't even keep up with myself, much less anyone else!

Mare! Good to hear from you. Glad you'll be there today. Heard its going to be a warm one today. (can't say hot, I'm from Phx!)

Is anyone trying to find some before pics? I used to have a small pile set aside and now I can't find them...:wink2: I'll have to keep looking. You guys are taking before pics, right?:cool2:

Oh, and for the challenge....sheez! I wonder if I should even participate? The Pill hasn't worked thus far on my hormone issues...so I'm taking them another month. They sure mess with me and my weight.:tt2: I managed to be minus one whole pound for this BBQ challenge....Well, what the heck. I think I'll have one more fill before school gets going too.

LA~put me down for 5 pounds.

Have a great day, All...hope to see lots of you at the BBQ, and as always~~~I'll take pics! :lol:

(monday weigh-ins)

adorKable - Goal 10 lbs

minidriver - Goal 10 lbs

lap_dancer - Goal 23 lbs

:lol:

You can put me down for 10.

I am definitely in bandster hell though. I gained 5 because of TOM:cursing: and lost only 2 of it. Really trying to get all my protien and calories in. I do my exercise but I suppose I could up it a bit. Back to eating almost normally again(whick means too much).:wink2: Maybe I should revert to the preop diet again...I lost 9 then. That might help my scale get moving again. Trying to not let the mood swings control me and it seems to be getting better.

You can put me down for 10.

I am definitely in bandster hell though. I gained 5 because of TOM:cursing: and lost only 2 of it. Really trying to get all my protien and calories in. I do my exercise but I suppose I could up it a bit. Back to eating almost normally again(whick means too much).:wink2: Maybe I should revert to the preop diet again...I lost 9 then. That might help my scale get moving again. Trying to not let the mood swings control me and it seems to be getting better.

Lotza, I know you feel discouraged, but this seems to happen to everybody. I gained back a lb or so and then was completely stuck for 10 days. All of a sudden the scale is moving again!! Just hang in there, try to patient. You'll have your first fill before you know it. This WILL work.

(monday weigh-ins)

adorKable - Goal 10 lbs

minidriver - Goal 10 lbs

lap_dancer - Goal 23 lbs

:wink2:

Thanks Dork! That's a great idea! Monday weigh in will work for me too! Although my official weigh in is on Tuesdays due to the fact that my surgery was on a Tuesday. I graph my weights on Excel every Tuesday so I can watch the trend.

Sign me up for 20lbs! I know that's a lot in one month, but I'm going to try for it! That will put me at 110 loss! That gives us 31 days and I will need to lose 4.52 lbs a week.

Thanks! Do you want us to weigh this coming Monday?

Hello everyone!! I have beenn without a computer since I got banded on the 23rd! It went great and all is good. I still have a little tenderness around all of the incisions... is this normal? Sure it is :wink2: It's only been a little over a week, can't expect everything to feel normal again right. Not sure if I have lost anything yet because I am also without my scales. I'm moving on to real food soon and looking forward to that. Glad to hear that everyone is doing great:) I am having one problem and that is this protien stuff... gagging me horrible. Does anyone have any suggestions on other forms or some good brands? I bought some tasteless stuff from GNC but the texture thing is getting me. That might be the case with all of it and it is just something I may have to get over and live with. But is anyone has any suggestions please tell me. Maybe I should try the shakes with milk instead of Water? ?

Cheers Jill

You can put me down for 10 for the challenge.

I am most definitely in bandster hell now. I gained 5 because of TOM :cursing:and only lost 2. I am trying really hard to get in all my Protein and calories. I am exercising, but I suppose I could up that a bit. Maybe I could do the preop diet again. I lost 9lbs then. I am also trying really hard to not let my mood swings control me. It seems to be getting better.:wink2:

Sunshine!

Yup, we've all been there! I gained 8 lbs and had to work hard to get it off. I have returned to the pre-op diet every time I've been in need of a fill and my appt. is in the future. But I realized that the last time, I didn't lose a thing! I was on it for 10 days! I'm not sure why, either! The entire Low Carb diet does that sometimes. Once I added good Carbs back into my diet, the weight started falling off of me!

It's a bad time for you right now, but this will pass and things will improve and you'll be on the losing side with the rest of us losers!

I promise!

Hello everyone!! I have beenn without a computer since I got banded on the 23rd! It went great and all is good. I still have a little tenderness around all of the incisions... is this normal? Sure it is :wink2: It's only been a little over a week, can't expect everything to feel normal again right. Not sure if I have lost anything yet because I am also without my scales. I'm moving on to real food soon and looking forward to that. Glad to hear that everyone is doing great:) I am having one problem and that is this protien stuff... gagging me horrible. Does anyone have any suggestions on other forms or some good brands? I bought some tasteless stuff from GNC but the texture thing is getting me. That might be the case with all of it and it is just something I may have to get over and live with. But is anyone has any suggestions please tell me. Maybe I should try the shakes with milk instead of Water? ?

Cheers Jill

Hi Jilly!

Glad to hear you're one of the Banditos! Welcome!!

I have a real issue with texture also! I have a Magic Bullet and (no Bookholder, not the one you are used giving your patients!) Anyway, I use Soy Milk (any milk would do) and a little Peanut Butter and fruit with my Protein powders. I can't handle them being too think, so I really use a lot of milk.

The Low Carb Slim Fast, Atkins and Mix1 drinks are the only ones I like that are prepared. Other than that, I drink the Isopure Clears or the Protein Shots with some crushed ice and cranberry juice. I'm not good with many of the powders. And then Munchkin isn't good with the Isopures so it just proves it is a totally individual thing!

Good Luck, I hope that helped!

Hi Jilly!! Glad to hear that you're doing well. I'm with dee - slimfast low carb shakes are the only ones I can tolerate, and I also like the Isopure, but only if I dilute it by 50% with Water and crystal light. I pour half into another bottle, then fill with water and one packet crystal light, then do the same with the other half later in the day. Gives me lots of water and 40g of protein!

Lookin' good, Ladies!!!!!!!:wink2:

Thanks Shelbi!

I had a before and after up, but deleted it! The before was so dreadful! I couldn't imagine it being on the World Wide Web forever!

Anyway, my daughter took my picture and we were goofying around! She told me it was like my Senior Pictures when I was standing on the stairs. She wanted to know if I wanted a huge styrofoam 90 to stand next to! When she took her Senior Pics she insisted she would not stand next to a huge 2006. She changed her outfits 4 times and the last one was this beautiful long black beaded evening gown and heels. So the photographer leaves and returns with this giant and I do mean giant, almost as tall as my 5-3 daughter - Styrofoam 2006. We burst out laughing! she took the pics, but we were laughing so hard, they are pretty funny! I had to buy one proof, just because it was such a good memory!

Hi Dee -- My final weigh-in for the BBQ challenge was down 1 pound!. I didn't hit my total goal, but I lost overall so it's all good. I got a slight fill yesterday and I'm back in the saddle!

PS Ain't love grand?? You are absolutely glowing in your pictures and in your words!

Thanks Shelbi!

This morning he and I were talking and he asked me, "If I asked you to marry me, would you say yes?"

I didn't even have to think about it! I said, "YES!"

He told me when the time is right... he and I will know.

I almost cried thinking about my -- appearance! I know he loves my personality, but the looks are very overwhelming! I try hard to not allow my negative thoughts to enter, but sometimes, it's very difficult!

Thanks Shelbi!

This morning he and I were talking and he asked me, "If I asked you to marry me, would you say yes?"

I didn't even have to think about it! I said, "YES!"

He told me when the time is right... he and I will know.

I almost cried thinking about my -- appearance! I know he loves my personality, but the looks are very overwhelming! I try hard to not allow my negative thoughts to enter, but sometimes, it's very difficult!

Yep, just stay positive. So have you sent him a pic yet???

Bandito Goal --1st week-2nd week-3rd Week-4th week-5th week-6th week - 7th week - 8th week - 9th week - 10 week

Dee = 20lbs +4.6-7.0-1.0+0.0+4.2-6.6-5.0+7.6-11.8-0.6:thumbup:

Bookholder = 15lbs+0.0+0.0-1.0+0.0+0.0+2.0-2.0-5.0:wub:

Brandy = 25lbs-4.5-5.7+2.0-1.0-1.0+0.0+0.0+5.0:wub:

Woofay = 15lbs+4.0-4.0+1.0-1.0+0.0+0.0-1.0:thumbup:

Mal = 15lbs +0.0-2.8-2.0-1.4+1.0+0.0-1.2-0.8-1.4:wub:

Dork = 23lbs+1.0-1.0-3.0-1.0-2.0+1.0-1.0-4.0-2.0-1.5:thumbup:

Marcy = 15lbs+0.0-5.0+1.5-0.5-1.0+3.0-4.5rolleyes.gif

Lapdancer = 20lbs +4.0-5.4-1.7+0.0-3.0-3.0-16.0:thumbup:

Shelbi = 20lbs -2.6+2.0-2.5-3.0-1.0-2.0+3.0+0.0-1.0:thumbup:

Amieru = 20lbs-2-5.0+2.0-5.0-1.0+0.0+0.0-3.0:tongue_smilie:

Sidann = 20lbs-4.5+1.5-3.0-3.0+2.0-1.0-1.0+0.0:wub:

Lifesaver = 20lbs-1.0-1.5-2.0+1.0-4.0-1.5-2.0+1.0:wub:

John T = 15lbs-2.0+0.0+0.0-3.0-2.0-1.0-1.0-2.0-2.0:wub:

bahotmamma = 20lbs-1.5-1.0-2.0-4.0-2.0-1.0-2.0+0.0:thumbup:

Munchkin=--------------------0.0+0.0-3.0-1.0-2.0-1.0-2.0:thumbup:

Week One Losses 18.1lbs (6.8%)

Week Two Losses 24.8lbs (10.2%)

Week Three Losses 18.2lbs

Week Four Losses 18.9lbs

Week Five Lossses 21.0lbs

Week Six Losses 20.1 :tt2:

Week Seven Losses rolleyes.gif

Week Eight Losses :wink2:

Week Nine Losses:wub:

Week Ten Losses :lol:

Our last weigh in Kidlings! I'm so proud of you all! We did it! We worked hard to complete 10 weeks! Even if we gained or didn't lose, we strived to do our best!

If anyone wants to do another challenge let me know! I'm interested! We can choose a different day for weigh ins or a shorter time period or a longer one.

You all are the boss of me!:cool2:

-2 lbs for me. That's a total of 12lbs for the challenge. Not my goal...but moving in the right direction at least. See ya at the BBQ everyone!

Labor Day Challenge...

Adorkable...put me down for 8lbs. Thanks for taking the lead. You and Dee Rock!!! I need things like this to keep me accountable.