Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Munchkin, you and I must be about the same height cuz 140 would put me at normal BMI as well. 130 is what I have in my head, but then I was thinking that I would probably have about 10 lbs of excess skin removed with plastics, so now I'm thinking that I should shoot for 140.

My DH always tells me that I should start a second job as a travel agent. I LOVE the challenge of finding good travel deals. I'm SO excited about this trip. Here are pics of where we'll be staying . . .

post-41374-13813666978809_thumb.png

post-38825-13813666979366_thumb.jpg

post-237897-13813137404525_thumb.jpg

post-237897-13813137404868_thumb.jpg

Bandito Goal --1st week-2nd week-3rd Week-4th week-5th week-6th week - 7th week - 8th week - 9th week - 10 week

Dee = 20lbs +4.6-7.0-1.0+0.0+4.2-6.6-5.0+7.6-11.8-0.6:thumbup:

Bookholder = 15lbs+0.0+0.0-1.0+0.0+0.0+2.0-2.0-5.0:wub:

Brandy = 25lbs-4.5-5.7+2.0-1.0-1.0+0.0+0.0+5.0:wub:

Woofay = 15lbs+4.0-4.0+1.0-1.0+0.0+0.0-1.0:thumbup:

Mal = 15lbs +0.0-2.8-2.0-1.4+1.0+0.0-1.2-0.8-1.4:wub:

Dork = 23lbs+1.0-1.0-3.0-1.0-2.0+1.0-1.0-4.0-2.0-1.5:thumbup:

Marcy = 15lbs+0.0-5.0+1.5-0.5-1.0+3.0-4.5rolleyes.gif

Lapdancer = 20lbs +4.0-5.4-1.7+0.0-3.0-3.0-16.0:thumbup:

Shelbi = 20lbs -2.6+2.0-2.5-3.0-1.0-2.0+3.0+0.0-1.0:thumbup:

Amieru = 20lbs-2-5.0+2.0-5.0-1.0+0.0+0.0-3.0:tongue_smilie:

Sidann = 20lbs-4.5+1.5-3.0-3.0+2.0-1.0-1.0+0.0:wub:

Lifesaver = 20lbs-1.0-1.5-2.0+1.0-4.0-1.5-2.0+1.0:wub:

John T = 15lbs-2.0+0.0+0.0-3.0-2.0-1.0-1.0-2.0-2.0:wub:

bahotmamma = 20lbs-1.5-1.0-2.0-4.0-2.0-1.0-2.0+0.0:thumbup:

Munchkin=--------------------0.0+0.0-3.0-1.0-2.0-1.0-2.0:thumbup:

Week One Losses 18.1lbs (6.8%)

Week Two Losses 24.8lbs (10.2%)

Week Three Losses 18.2lbs

Week Four Losses 18.9lbs

Week Five Lossses 21.0lbs

Week Six Losses 20.1 :ohmy:

Week Seven Losses rolleyes.gif

Week Eight Losses :cursing:

Week Nine Losses:wub:

Week Ten Losses :scared2:

Our last weigh in Kidlings! I'm so proud of you all! We did it! We worked hard to complete 10 weeks! Even if we gained or didn't lose, we strived to do our best!

If anyone wants to do another challenge let me know! I'm interested! We can choose a different day for weigh ins or a shorter time period or a longer one.

You all are the boss of me!:angry:

Edited by PrtyAntOvrYt

Munchkin, you and I must be about the same height cuz 140 would put me at normal BMI as well. 130 is what I have in my head, but then I was thinking that I would probably have about 10 lbs of excess skin removed with plastics, so now I'm thinking that I should shoot for 140.

My DH always tells me that I should start a second job as a travel agent. I LOVE the challenge of finding good travel deals. I'm SO excited about this trip. Here are pics of where we'll be staying . . .

[ATTACH]14587[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]14588[/ATTACH]

Wow how romantic! I love it! Can you book me and my UGBF there?

Pix: You guys look great!!

Lap: love that smilin' baby!

Mini: I want a trip like that!

Denver: He told me no potatoes, no rice, no bread, and one more high carb thing I can't remember right now:frown: So it wasn't absolutely NO carbs as many veggies have carbs...but just think meat and veggies and you will be fine.

I called and paid my final $9800 today. Have to say I am getting nervous, guys. Don't know what about exactly...probably the immediate time after and the travel home, although the flight isn't that long. I guess I fear I won't have the right stuff around the house after surgery. I have had a couple of sleepless nights over this (in addition to the ones concerning Tucker.)

Update on the Tuck-man: Emergency hospital called yesterday to report on the bacteria culture they took from the wound around the trach. hole.

It is E.Coli, so the Clavanox they had him on was doing no good. He needs a new antibiotic. Called Dr. Jeff as I was concerned about the E.Coli; he said "No worries! E.Coli is everywhere." The meds, however, are something else!! A 10-DAY SERIES: $124...the tech called the company "Nazis" as they have monopoly on this particular drug and charge 4 times its worth:cursing::cursing::angry:

Phone just rang: A/C in my truck: $1100.:scared2::scared2: Boy, I am glad I have good credit as that is $10,000 just today!:ohmy:

Deb, I'm glad Tucker is doing well. Sorry about the meds and the AC. Wow, you had an expensive day. But the 9800 will be the best money you've ever spent!!

I was really nervous for the last few weeks before surgery too. I would wake up in the night with a mixture of excitement and dread. I went through lots of "what the hell am I doing" thoughts. Ya' know.

But now that I'm a month post op and losing weight and feeling great, I'm just SOOO glad that I did it. I know this is just the beginning, but I really do have hope that I can finally lose weight and keep it off. It's really exciting to be planning for a future that is healthier, more active, involves cuter clothes, etc.

Wow how romantic! I love it! Can you book me and my UGBF there?

Sure!!!! Oh, wow, wouldn't it be a great place for a honeymoon?:cursing::wink:

So Dee, I just got my mail, and imagine my surprise...there was a thank you card in it from the nurse manager of our sister ICU's (the ones I hate to float to) thanking me for coming in to help them Monday night. And she put two gift certificates in there! One for Papa Johns, which I will use to buy pizza for my coworkers, and one for a local ice cream store where I get my FAVORITE thing in the world, frozen yogurt with fresh fruit. (Hee hee, I am keeping that one for myself!)

I thought that was awfully nice of her!! I must have done something right that night!:cursing:

I am actually excited to go to work tonight now that I have scrubs that fit. I had to buy some more when I was at the uniform store once I saw how much better they looked on me! After seeing ones that fit, I couldn't bear the thought of wearing the other ones for one more day!!

I remember once I floated to the Adult ICU - which was a big bummer when you're a NICU nurse. Everyone was pretty p.o.'d at me for agreeing to go. They felt it meant they would have to go if asked. Anyway, I went as helping hands... vomited :angry: when I did trach care and vomited :ohmy: again when I had to change a bed pan that had overflowed onto the bed and floor -- bad scene, not my patient. Anyway, I was a joy, I'm sure! The next day my director was so thankful that I had helped the unit out, she sent me a dozen roses. As you can guess, everyone hated me even more!

You deserved the gift certificates and isn't it nice when we are appreciated! So often we as nurses are scolded and reprimanded for things, but when we do something good and out of the ordinary, no one notices. I'm glad they noticed! Here is your BIG PAT ON THE BACK!

Hugs Girlie~:scared2:

Oh YES It WOULD!!!:cursing:

Could you work out all the details for me, please??

Oh Mini...I want to go too!!!!

BTW, how tall are you? I am 5' 6" and am shooting for 132, not sure why, but I am. I am going to do a plastics consult when I hit 140...and hopefully that will get me pretty darn close to the 132.

No problem. Do you need a hand with wedding planning as well?

I do! I'm thinking the planning needs to be just right! :ohmy:

I have been seriously considering going as a traveling nurse to his town.. this way we could be together in person. Actually living in the same town is a good way to find out about a person, don't you think?:angry:

There are several assignments out in his area of California. Ahhh Marriage! I hope I can get this poundage :scales:off so I can look hot in my wedding dress and even hotter on my wedding night!:cursing:

Or maybe it's more like this!:scared2:

(I'll restrain from posting that nasty banana icon!)

Do I sound like I'm clearly insane?:wub:

Edited by PrtyAntOvrYt
I had to move the Banana with the whip~

Dee...I will help in wedding plans too. Are we jumping the gun?!?

Thanks Brandy! I know I'll need all the help I can get! Last time, 23 years ago, I eloped!

Oh, I will weigh in tomorrow morning, just like usual. My fill feels better, so hopefully, I will start heading downwards again.

Although, I am leaving for another week. Were going to Steamboat to watch Brock play in the USSSA World Series. They won state 2 weeks ago, so hopefully that will be a big confidence booster and they can do well at Worlds.

OK, so we like to drink, more than eat when were there. What are some yummy, bandster friendly adult beverages? ??