Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Drive-by post here. Will post again after I have time to read everything!

Thanks for all of the well wishes, positive thoughts and prayers. As always, you gals are the most thoughtful and supportive crew ever to grace the mighty internet.

Now about hub's cardiac cath this morning...

Hubby is home, did very well, and got a good report! Only a 10-

20% "narrowing" of 2 vessels, but no obstruction and Dr. doesn't

think that he's had an MI in the past. Dr. feels that the

weakness (his 40-45% ejection fraction, when 50-60%? is a normal

ejection fraction. Correct me here, Munchkin; I'm an old L& D nurse. Don't no nuthin' 'bout no cardiac stuff) of his heart is due to the chronic, but intermittent, arrythmias that he's had for years (which had originally been written off as anxiety attacks about 10-12 years ago.) The cause of this is probably due to the way his heart conduction is (and probably why his Dad had cardiac arrest without a previous diagnosis) plus his unhealthy

lifestyle choices (is that PC enough?)So...diet, exercise, and

medication can probably manage this situation presently. Whew!

Another bullet dodged, but a much-needed heads up received. Let's hope

he'll continue to take this to heart (pun intended). I've used up my

quota of ()'s today, so I'll close for now. Love, Shelbi

Shelby, that is pretty good news! I am like you -- almost stupid when it comes to Cardiac Health. You're not stupid, but I am... almost!

Well, I can talk about Patent Ductus Arteriosis!

Is your hubby open to assistance in getting his life in order when it comes to exercise and eating? Was the doctor able to date the approximate time of the MI? I am just curious, maybe Munchkin can answer that. I know a CT scan can date the approximate date of a ventricular hemorrhage with our preemies. Not exact dates, but approximates.

I think it's wonderful that he gets a chance to make things better. I'm glad you have your band because I'm sure you'll be able to help him a lot!

bless you, I hope you get a good night's sleep tonight.

love, dee~

I was just looking at my ticker and realized that I'm MORE - much MORE - than halfway to goal! My goal is really just a number I came up with and I should change it because, really, 200 is my goal, not 180...but I'm going to leave it and see what happens.

Thanks everyone!

I'm almost a year out and haven't gained a lb! Realistically, I did the surgery to NOT gain anymore. So I've lost! BONUS! I will NEVER weight that much again...EVER! So sweet it is!

Ta DA!!! That's great! I know what you're saying! In the last 25 years, I've allowed myself to gain ~10lbs a year -- for an ugly total of WAY TOO MUCH!

A year with no gains, only losses is a reason to Celebrate!

Good Job!!!

:party::cheers2::hurray::clap::waytogo::sleep::confused_smile::drool::scared2::tt2:(this is me playing the piano and Mal dancing!)

Shelbi-I am so happy everything was ok with hubbys heart cath. I think you are right on the money about the ejection fraction and the arrythmias. It's great that you were a L&D nurse...much like you with cardiac, I don't know nothin bout birthin no babies! I did love my OB rotation in nursing school though. All this time I thought I had no maternal instinct but I cried in my first delivery! Such a sap!! However, I can live without C-sections. I was never meant to be an OR nurse, I can't stand watching surgery!

Dee-After seeing your picture no wonder you had an illicit love affair and made out with all the boys! You were adorable! I completely understand what you said about your weight back then. Get this...when I was in high school (and even for a few years after high school) I weighed 110 pounds. I wore a size 5. And I thought I was a huge whale! I look back now and can't believe how warped my body image was!! But it is also a reality check regarding how my little frame is not meant to carry all this excess weight! Because underneath all the fat I am pretty tiny and fairly small boned! No wonder I have knee and foot issues!

Mini-That is great that your documentary went well! I hope it does not end up on the cutting room floor. The world needs all the education it can get about this subject!

Brandy-Glad to see another DAVE fan!! I am such a Dave Matthews fan...I have DMB ringtones, that is all that is ever in my CD player in my car...and I am getting DMB lyrics added to my back tat. Yes, I am a complete freak!!:confused_smile:

Deboregon-Everytime I see your avatar pic, I love your little dog! He is sooo cute! I originally wanted to be an English teacher. Everytime I see one of my high school teachers, they always tell me that they can't believe I am a nurse and not an English teacher. Apparently they all thought I had a long career in the profession of teaching English ahead of me! And now I don't even know proper grammar! So pathetic! I couldn't teach English now if my life depended on it!

Mal-I am so glad your Buster is doing better! That is fantastic news! It was really a reality check when Bailey had those seizures a few weeks ago...talk about feeling helpless. I was so frustrated because as a nurse I knew what needed to be done but I couldn't do it. And I was terrified because he wouldn't stop seizing long enough to walk him to the car, and I completely freaked out about how I was going to get him to the vet, and finally ended up calling my dad, in tears, telling him he needed to leave work and come to help me! (He did by the way! :scared2:) Thank goodness for my dad!

I can't remember who asked about eating bread...maybe Mini? Now that I have proper restriction I cannot eat any bread whatsoever, not even if it is toasted. It is PB city for me if I do. I will be honest, I do miss bread sometimes. Sometimes I just want to eat a sandwich, but I don't do so well with some deli meat either. Last week we went to an outlet mall 90 minutes away, and the only thing to eat was Arbys, so I got a roast beef and took the bun off. I took tiny bites and chewed well, but about three bites in, I was in trouble! It was one of the worst episodes I have had! And Dee, I also learned a hard lesson about left over chicken breasts after I had a prolonged PB session in the bathroom at work after eating one! I came out looking like I had been in there doing drugs...my face was bright red and my eyes were all bloodshot from watering! Not good! I can eat steak as long as it is medium rare and I cut it into teeny bites and chew well. My fill doc says it is ok to eat steak if I want it. He says to mostly be careful about drinking high calorie drinks.< /p>

Hope Wednesday finds everyone happy and healthy! Happy Hump Day!!:drool:

Brandy-Added a new DMB avatar...see, you didn't believe I was such a freak, did you? :drool:

Hey Silly Munchkin Girl~

I wanted to tell you that after working in the NICU/L&D/Nursery areas of the hospital and still having to attend many deliveries each month, I STILL CRY WHEN A BABY IS BORN! Talk about pathetic! Oh my goodness! I get so embarrassed with myself! But I can't help it when the Mom sees her baby for the first time or hears that first cry! I just start tearing up!

Thanks for the compliment! After finding that picture and knowing that my weight was my current goal weight, I am so angry at myself! I cannot believe that I allowed myself to get so dang fat! I hate what I've done to my poor body! My boobs will never be the same! I will need major plastics to be ready to even be naked in front of myself!

Wow Girl, it sounds like you really have restriction right now! That's pretty tight! Are you getting in enough calories every day? Last Monday - before our time at RR, I decided I was going to recommit to the bander rules. I've done really well. I lost another 2lbs this morning. I'm getting in about 1000 calories a day. Trying really hard to make good choices and only eat when I'm hungry.

Take care My Sweet Friend,

Love,

dee~

Thanks for the understanding on the slip up. I'm a perfectionist and it sounds like so are a lot of you. When I look back on pictures of my teenage years I see a young woman who was fine as far as size but I knew then I was feeling huge. I am surrounded in my family by women who are tiny and have never struggled with weight. However, I have a lot of support from them.

To all of you waiting to get your band please be patient with yourselves. You may gain before you start your pre-op diet like I did. I have weighed within 10 lbs of the same weight for almost 8 years so any weight I lost was going to be a big deal but I expected more (perfection again). I lost 3 lbs on the pre-op and in the month before my first fill after surgery lost very little then as well. Natalie and others here call that month Lap Band Hell Month. Some lose nothing and some gain in that time. I started to panic when I thought all I went through and money I spent that it was going to end up like this. But as usual this group saved the day. They encouraged me to keep going and not give up yet. So when you feel like you should give up and eat your heart out just say a prayer and sign in here. Someone will be here to help you. I'm just 5 weeks since surgery and have seen some changes. I need to be accountable and put a ticker on. Maybe next week I'll take some time to do that.

Just think - if I had never been overweight I would never have been banded and never had the chance to get to know such a great group of people. You are the best.

Dee-I think its great that you still cry when the babies are born...that means you are not jaded yet (as so many nurses become after doing it for awhile)...

Yes, sometimes I wonder if I am too tight, but my band is soooo fickle. Some days I can eat normally, and I can almost eat too much it seems, and other days I can hardly eat at all. I was just reading a post on OH about dehydration, and I wonder if that is the issue, because I know I do not stay hydrated like I should. Any thoughts?

Brandy-I am so relieved to know there is someone else out there who is freakish about DMB too! (Actually, I know there are A LOT of people who are...just go to a concert and it is obvious!)

Hey gals!!!! I have been reading, reading, reading, and reading trying to get caught up. It has been over 30 days since I posted!! You guys are all doing awesome. I just absolutely love reading everyone's posts. Some happy, some sad--but all so true & real. I know this has been said before, but you all are the best group in the world!!

It's offical. I've joined Bandland-and I am quite happy I might add. I had surgery 6/4/08, and have lost about 15lbs (since I started my pre-op). I know why they call this bandster hell though-I've pretty much stalled on my losses! It's frustrating-but I know it will get better. I am having my first fill on 7/11/08. Any of you wonderful gals going to be there that day? I would love, love, love to meet any/all of you!!!

Ta DA!!! That's great! I know what you're saying! In the last 25 years, I've allowed myself to gain ~10lbs a year -- for an ugly total of WAY TOO MUCH!

A year with no gains, only losses is a reason to Celebrate!

Good Job!!!

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::lol::smile2::thumbs_up::thumbup:(this is me playing the piano and Mal dancing!)

LOL!!! You remember my dancing banana!

Dee~

I wish that you had been my nurse, espically with my last 2 babies (both NICU). You would have made my day if I had seen you shed a tear over my kids. Your so special!!!

So here is a picture taken last summer.

And a pitcure taken at Rachael's sweet 16 party last Friday (6/13/08).

post-60631-13813666584323_thumb.jpg

post-43821-13813666584892_thumb.jpg

post-228266-13813137198552_thumb.jpg

post-228266-13813137198767_thumb.jpg

Well, I think it's confirmed...you are officially a MILF Bahot!!:cursing: Good job, you look fantastic!