Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

In my neck of the woods, the only thing missing here is a full moon, a bonfire out front, good music and some vittles.

Same in our neck of the woods. We won't be able to go back until the weekend of July 11th (due to my banding, yay!) so my good vittles will be strictly of the mushy sort. Oh well. The full moon, bonfire, and music will still be in place. There are a million stars and it's about 20 degrees cooler than it is in the city. We overlook Zion National Park so it's just gorgeous up there. It's at 8000+ foot elevation, so we're way up in the mountains.

Ok, let me start by saying this whole "thread" thing is hard to keep up with LMAO. I am feeling a little overwhelmed hehe. How do you gals keep up on everything, and do you read/write other threads? By the time I have read something and want to blog I forget what I was thinking. I am sure I will get use to it.

Brandy- I hope that your appointment shed some light on what is going on, I am sure you have been a ball of nerves.

It seems that it is all new territory and like I read before, no two banders are the same or have the same experiences. There is no way of knowing how things will go for you and there isn't a manuel. :sad_smile: Too bad eh.

Tied2BFit, munchkin392, Lap dancer & Mal- tyvm for welcoming me into the thread. Sorry it took so long to get that said. Also ty for the advice and the knowledge. I makes me feel not so alone on this journey (that I have barely begun).

Do all of you live "out of town"? I am currently in Alaska but will be moving back home to Nucla Colorado in July. I was just curious if anyone else lives close. Seems like people far and wide visit Dr. K.

I have my phone consult with him on the 14th of July and I am getting excited. I have been keeping a notebook to keep up with all of the questions rattling around in my head.

Well, I have blabbed on and on. Ty again everyone for welcoming me. There are soooo many groups and threads on here...*head is spinning*

Cheers, Jill

Hi Jill. Yes, this is one active thread. I don't really post anywhere else, as these are my peeps! I'm on the computer all day anyway so it's easy for me to pop in and read, but if you don't keep up it gets overwhelming pretty fast!

You'll love Dr. K. He's a fabulous guy. Where is Nucla, CO?

I started my pre-op diet last Wednesday and have lost 3.5 lbs. Does that seem about right? I know it's just Water, but that's okay, still feels good. Hopefully my liver is just shriveling up into a tiny ball.

mini,

I am not on here for work but I find I can't pull myself away lol. I'm really nervous about the pre-op and post-op diets. I am having my surgery on the 23rd of July, so not far behind you. Are you getting super excited?

Nucla is probably 5 or 6 hours east of you. Do you know where Grand Junction and Montrose are? Well, if you take the Scenic Byway route out of White Water towards Uravan then you will go through the small town of Naturita, which is about 5 miles from Nucla. The road is getting more traveled because that big wig that owns the Discovery Channel bought up most of Gateway. It is beautiful country and it took me moving all over to realize it. Oh, it is also about an hour from Moab.

Mini -- That tent is da bomb!!! I love it! Where did you find it???? 3.5 pounds gone for good-- Yay!!!!!!

Jilly-- Where are my manners?? WELCOME and I'm sorry that I have been so neglient in gving you a shout out. Honestly, it getting hard for me to keep up. You've found the best thread and the best surgeon around; glad to have you here!

Woofay --Where are you??

Brandy & LA -- How are you??

Everyone -- Need an update from the lurkers and the busy and the in love. You know who you are. Come on now, make mama happy.

My Barkley had a cyst removed from his toe this morning and has come out of the anesthesia; received a good report, but they want to keep him overnight for observation. Isn't it funny -- hubby had a heart procedure last week and was home by lunch; doggy had a toe cyst removed and was admitted for more than a day. What does that say about the medical system in our country?? Or maybe, its just a reflection of the good veterinary care system we have here. Or maybe, I'm just bitter as I make another payment on my lap band that my insurance (with the high premiums) wouldn't cover. Or maybe, I'm just very hormonal today and need to stop.

Edited by ShelbiCallie

mini,

I am not on here for work but I find I can't pull myself away lol. I'm really nervous about the pre-op and post-op diets. I am having my surgery on the 23rd of July, so not far behind you. Are you getting super excited?

Nucla is probably 5 or 6 hours east of you. Do you know where Grand Junction and Montrose are? Well, if you take the Scenic Byway route out of White Water towards Uravan then you will go through the small town of Naturita, which is about 5 miles from Nucla. The road is getting more traveled because that big wig that owns the Discovery Channel bought up most of Gateway. It is beautiful country and it took me moving all over to realize it. Oh, it is also about an hour from Moab.

Okay, I know exactly the area you're talking about, cuz I grew up in Moab! I LOVE the 4 corners area. We would have liked to purchase property down there but just couldn't afford it. So we're in the Southwest corner of the state instead. It's beautiful too.

Yes, I'm so excited I can't stand it. I'm a little scared, too, but not so bad. I can't believe that a week from today I'll be in Denver having my preop visit. WOOHOO! So, watcha' doin' in Alaska?

Hi All,

Ok..lets start with the bad news. Up 1 lb this week but it is TOM so maybe that is a factor. I sure hope so and I can share better news next week. Ugh! Funny story about TOM.....for the longest time as I was reading these threads I thought you guys were refering to Tom (the PA in Dr K's Office). I couldn't figure out why everyone was blaming their weight gains on him. I just made a mental note to never get a fill from him:-) Duh!!!

Bahot...Thank you Thank you Thank you for the clothes. What a nice pay it forward. I even wore some of them to San Diego this weekend. You should all know that I learned so much about Denise by adopting her old clothes. She is so the kind of girl who finds something she likes and then buys it in every possible color. Very cute. Amazing pic of you Water skiing. You are such an inspiration. You look like you are so happy out there on the water.

Brandy and LA....I'm worried about both of you. Please update us as soon as you have any information.

Munchkin....My 26 year old sister is a cop in Phoenix. It is very scary for me to think about sometimes, but she is very suited for it. I know what you mean about just being worried. Very brave women.

Mal, congrats on your weight loss....I'm so happy that the scale is actually cooperating for you finally. I'm glad you are enjoying some of the clothes you adopted from me. Yay for free clothes!

I went to San Diego for the weekend to attend a workshop on Men and Marriage. It was so amazing and I just had the best time.

I have more to share but I'm running out of time here. You guys keep me so busy.....I feel like I'm behind on my homework when i don't check in for a few days.

For those of you that have surgeries coming, I'm pulling for ya. I'd like to meet any of you that are traveling from out of town, so keep us posted on your visit details.

Welcome to JillyPoo. You are gonna love it here!

Happy day to all!

Mini -- That tent is da bomb!!! I love it! Where did you find it???? 3.5 pounds gone for good-- Yay!!!!!!

Jilly-- Where are my manners?? WELCOME and I'm sorry that I have been so neglient in gving you a shout out. Honestly, it getting hard for me to keep up. You've found the best thread and the best surgeon around; glad to have you here!

Woofay --Where are you??

Brandy & LA -- How are you??

Everyone -- Need an update from the lurkers and the busy and the in love. You know who you are. Come on now, make mama happy.

My Barkley had a cyst removed from his toe this morning and has come out of the anesthesia; received a good report, but they want to keep him overnight for observation. Isn't it funny -- hubby had a heart procedure last week and was home by lunch; doggy had a toe cyst removed and was admitted for more than a day. What does that say about the medical system in our country?? Or maybe, its just a reflection of the good veterinary care system we have here. Or maybe, I'm just bitter as I make another payment on my lap band that my insurance (with the high premiums) wouldn't cover. Or maybe, I'm just very hormonal today and need to stop.

Hey Shelbi! We had the tent custom made by a local company. They're a big time tent maker and sell canvas tents and springbar tents worldwide. The big screen windows across the front have canvas that zips down over them for security. There are two more 4' windows in the back and a stove-pipe opening so we can add a little sheepherders stove if we'd like. The front and back doors are huge and also screened, so lots of airflow and no bugs! The peak is 11.5' high, so it feels REALLY spacious inside. I'm very excited by it. I feel like we built a cabin in a weekend!

Poor Barkley. Good point about vet care vs people care. And I already received my first bill for my surgery and I haven't even had it yet! ARGH!

Hi All,

Ok..lets start with the bad news. Up 1 lb this week but it is TOM so maybe that is a factor. I sure hope so and I can share better news next week. Ugh! Funny story about TOM.....for the longest time as I was reading these threads I thought you guys were refering to Tom (the PA in Dr K's Office). I couldn't figure out why everyone was blaming their weight gains on him. I just made a mental note to never get a fill from him:-) Duh!!!

Bahot...Thank you Thank you Thank you for the clothes. What a nice pay it forward. I even wore some of them to San Diego this weekend. You should all know that I learned so much about Denise by adopting her old clothes. She is so the kind of girl who finds something she likes and then buys it in every possible color. Very cute. Amazing pic of you Water skiing. You are such an inspiration. You look like you are so happy out there on the water.

Brandy and LA....I'm worried about both of you. Please update us as soon as you have any information.

Munchkin....My 26 year old sister is a cop in Phoenix. It is very scary for me to think about sometimes, but she is very suited for it. I know what you mean about just being worried. Very brave women.

Mal, congrats on your weight loss....I'm so happy that the scale is actually cooperating for you finally. I'm glad you are enjoying some of the clothes you adopted from me. Yay for free clothes!

I went to San Diego for the weekend to attend a workshop on Men and Marriage. It was so amazing and I just had the best time.

I have more to share but I'm running out of time here. You guys keep me so busy.....I feel like I'm behind on my homework when i don't check in for a few days.

For those of you that have surgeries coming, I'm pulling for ya. I'd like to meet any of you that are traveling from out of town, so keep us posted on your visit details.

Welcome to JillyPoo. You are gonna love it here!

Happy day to all!

ROFL!! The story about Tom is hysterical. Don't worry about the 1 lb . . I'm sure it will come off next week.

Shelbie~Buster sends well wishes for Barkley!

Mini~I LOVE Yurtin' and your tent (cabin) is incredable! We go to Sylvan Lake in Eagle County once maybe twice a year. It is awesome, we have the entire mountain to ourselves. We tend to get pretty loud!

Life~Welcome home! Yes the scale has started to ever so slowly move for me. Since I started running and doing my wii fit. I still need a fill, I think I'll call and see if I can get one on my next day off, which isn't til 7-25!

Jillypoo~Nice to see you here again. I venture off to other threads from time to time, but spend most of my time here. This site is full of great information and wonderful support. Your dog is BEAUTIFUL (aren't they all).

Woof~Hi

Dynamo~How's Ed? I miss you around here!

Brandy~How did the mlax work? We are all so worried about you and Adorkable.

Hello Shelbicallie!! :biggrin2:I think you are right that I found the best thread.

What is Tom and please oh please someone fill me in on the story. I am sure it is somewhere in these 300 odd pages but I'm not sure I will have ever have time to find it. My curiosity is getting me on this one:blink:

Mini- my hubby is in the Army so we are stationed here... not by choice let me tell you. This is our second tour here and evertime I gain more and more. He will be here for another year but I can't take it anymore. The kids and I are moving to my hometown.

So you are on the western side of Utah? What is the terrain like there?

We are moving to Sierra Vista Arizona next...

I posted on another thread asking for advice on telling my kids or not and no one has helped out so can I ask it here?:confused2: Just not sure if I should tell them or not.

JillyPoo~Tom (time of the month) or it could be Tom from Dr. K's office...LOL Tom from Dr. K's office is awesome!

How old are your kiddo's? Theya re probably very young (judging by your age), I cheated. That is a tough call. My kids are OLD...18 and 14, they knew. I had many family "talks" about the band. They supported me all the way. Maybe some of the others with young ones will be able to answer better.

I made my appointment for my fill!!! July 25th with Dr. K!! I haven't seen him forever!

Hello Shelbicallie!! :biggrin2:I think you are right that I found the best thread.

What is Tom and please oh please someone fill me in on the story. I am sure it is somewhere in these 300 odd pages but I'm not sure I will have ever have time to find it. My curiosity is getting me on this one:blink:

Mini- my hubby is in the Army so we are stationed here... not by choice let me tell you. This is our second tour here and evertime I gain more and more. He will be here for another year but I can't take it anymore. The kids and I are moving to my hometown.

So you are on the western side of Utah? What is the terrain like there?

We are moving to Sierra Vista Arizona next...

I posted on another thread asking for advice on telling my kids or not and no one has helped out so can I ask it here?:confused2: Just not sure if I should tell them or not.

I can't help you with the kid question either . . . mine are 29, 26 and 26! Geez, Mal, you thought yours were old!

We live in SLC full time, but have property in Cedar Mountain, Utah. There are lots of red rock canyons but also a mountainous area with pines, etc. It's quite pretty . . . not as pretty as the four corners area, but the mix of pines and red rocks is pretty stunning.

mini~My boys ACT like they are old, ya' know, they know EVERYTHING and I know NOTHING! Annoying boys of mine!

mini~My boys ACT like they are old, ya' know, they know EVERYTHING and I know NOTHING! Annoying boys of mine!

Doncha' just love that? Teenagers are such fun. NOT.