Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Hugs and kisses for beautiful Ms. Keeley!

I can't remember if I posted that picture or not??? I think it was taken when he was sick, poor baby!

Okay, I think I saw that one before. He's such a cutie pie.

ok Mal

go into "edit options" then scroll down to "messages & Notification" area. There is a section called "Default Thread Subscription Mode". In there you will see a task bar thing where you can choose how often you get e-mails. You can get them daily or instant :biggrin2:. Hope that helps

Jill

Marcy- I can't imagine how life is there. I bet your summers are the best ever! I LOVE summer here, I just wish that it lasted longer than 2 1/2 months lol. I am so not a dark -50 person. It makes me eat eat eat!:tt1: (that is an excuse but you get my meaning). We lived in Anchorage for 5 yrs, went to Kansas, then Colorado and back here to Fairbanks. We would love to retire our summers here but winter somewhere else. How long have you lived in Nome and what brought you there(if not from there).

Shelbi- That is great to hear about your son, I haven't been here to hear the history but it is wonderful to hear that he is getting his GED. You are a fabulous mom to stand behind him and be his cheering/motivating squad!!:tt1:

I think that we will tell the kids at some point just not yet. Not before I have it done, we don't want them to worry. My best friend is taking me so we will say we are having a girls weekend:wink2: and my hubby is meeting me in Denver. The kids will stay with my mom and be none the wiser. I've watched spin class before and all I can say is YOU GO GIRL!!! That is hard stuff there.

Mal- awwww he is so cute! He has those sad eyes and overly lovable face. You can see him better in this picture. Do they howl/bark like a their cousin hounds? I hope that you found how to get e-mail notifications ok.

mini- Ms Keeley is precious. Wow a 50lb lap dog... :biggrin2: Sometimes I wish mine were lap dogs, they are feet warmers. They like to lay right on your feet.

Where oh where is Brandy? Did Natalie ever get back? Or do we know if she read her e-mail? Give it another day and then maybe call Natalie, even though she can't give info...n/m that is a silly idea. Hmmm... Hope she gets on soon.

Cheers

ok Mal

go into "edit options" then scroll down to "messages & Notification" area. There is a section called "Default Thread Subscription Mode". In there you will see a task bar thing where you can choose how often you get e-mails. You can get them daily or instant :biggrin2:. Hope that helps

Jill

Thanks JP~I went there and I was already set up for instant notices...but I don't get them??? hmmmmm... I think I will try to change it, then change it back???

Thanks JP~I went there and I was already set up for instant notices...but I don't get them??? hmmmmm... I think I will try to change it, then change it back???

Hmm Not sure. I know that mine does, I had to change it from instant to once a day. It was overrunning my e-mail lol. Make sure you hit the save button if there is one.

I am here, I am here!!! I did have a baseball game after dinner...You all are SO very sweet to be worried...I didn't mean to worry you.

I met with Dr. K...he didn't do an exam or an ultrasound, but said based on what I am explaining he thinks it is all muscular. I am going in to see my PCP because I just don't feel right. I am completely wiped out, my back hurts, my stomach, my port etc... He doesn't think that I have slipped because I am not throwing up (THANK GOD!!)

I did this morning but it was because I took my kids to the free movie, choked on popcorn and had to take a drink. Huge mistake.

I am happy that he thinks that is all muscular but I need to figure out what is wrong. I am usually raring to go and I don't want to do ANYTHING!!!

I did meet 4 gals who are getting banded today...2 from TN and 2 from NE. Hopefully they will post. They were so excited and it was fun to share with them. Natalie kept telling me to tell them everything that I am the "star patient"!!

Hope everyone else is doing great!! I am going to take a nap...again!

Mal & Mini-love the new puppy pics. They are precious!! Mal, I didn't tell you about this one nurse we have working with us. First, we all can't stand her because she calls in all the time and just generally doesn't use common sense when she works, in addition to always whining about having too big of a load....well, my opinion of her was firmly cemented after she got a beagle puppy from somebody, then took it to the kill shelter after only having it for about 6 months...because it BARKED. You idiot, that's what beagles do!! My nursing supervisor and I overheard her talking about it, so we looked on the shelter website, and there was the little guy. I tell you, we were furious. Thankfully, someone else adopted him or I probably would have had to go spring him (and I have no room for anymore dogs!)

Jillypoo-I have a 150 pound mastiff that is a bigger lap dog than any of my labs are!! He is never happier than when he is laying with his big old head right on my chest! He always has to be laying on me or at least laying next to me and touching me. He is soooo sweet...I am so glad I adopted him. I need to download my pics from my camera so I can show you gals a pic of him. I finally got him to look at the camera for me!

Mini-my dogs thought I was crazy because I was laughing so loud at the "Munchkin and Hutch" thing!! (I had a really good visual going on!) Yes, sometimes we do need to have a good nurse/bad nurse routine, especially when someone is being noncompliant and acting up. My, ahem, strong personality also helps when doctors are being complete asses sometimes...I am of the belief that nurses don't need to take doctors treating them like they are dog poo on the bottoms of their shoes...and I won't take it from them, and I also won't tolerate them treating the other nurses like that when I am in charge. So I guess if that makes me "bad nurse", so be it! Because, by God, my patients are taken care of!:tt1:

I wondered if Brandy maybe had a bowel obstruction and was put in the hospital also? I hope not for her sake. Those NG tubes are miserable!

Ok, so my long winded post overlapped with Brandys. Brandy, I am glad to see you are at least ok (well, so to speak). I hope your PCP can figure out what the deal is. When do you see your PCP?

Shelbi-so what do you think of spinning classes other than your arse hurting? My husband (who is a cyclist) tells me that goes away as you get used to it. I have looked into joining the Golds Gym here because they have spinning classes. I have a brand new spinning bike in my basement that I have never used! I hear it is way more fun to do it in a group spinning class though! I already have cycling shoes and shorts, so I am ready to go! (The hazards of being married to a cyclist...)

YAY BRANDY!!! WHEW!!!

We were all sooo worried sick about you! Thank goodness you are okay! so the good doc thinks muscular...keep us posted.

Mal & Mini-love the new puppy pics. They are precious!! Mal, I didn't tell you about this one nurse we have working with us. First, we all can't stand her because she calls in all the time and just generally doesn't use common sense when she works, in addition to always whining about having too big of a load....well, my opinion of her was firmly cemented after she got a beagle puppy from somebody, then took it to the kill shelter after only having it for about 6 months...because it BARKED. You idiot, that's what beagles do!! My nursing supervisor and I overheard her talking about it, so we looked on the shelter website, and there was the little guy. I tell you, we were furious. Thankfully, someone else adopted him or I probably would have had to go spring him (and I have no room for anymore dogs!)

EVIL Beagle woman! How can people treat animals so disposably? I just don't get it! I get on Craigslist and try to match people up with pets, it's kind of funny. I'll see a post where someone is looking for a pet and then I'll see one that someone is selling and Iwill try to hook them up. Buster is like a child to me. I would have more pets but I always feel like I love Buster sooo much, I couldn't love another like I love him (sound like a new parent??).

Jillypoo-I have a 150 pound mastiff that is a bigger lap dog than any of my labs are!! He is never happier than when he is laying with his big old head right on my chest! He always has to be laying on me or at least laying next to me and touching me. He is soooo sweet...I am so glad I adopted him. I need to download my pics from my camera so I can show you gals a pic of him. I finally got him to look at the camera for me!

I can't wait to see pictures! There used to be thread about pet pictures, I'll have to bump that one up if I can find it

!!!!!!!!!!

No one said anything about an obstruction...what would that consist of?

OH CRAP!!! No pun intended. I realized after I posted that you would be vomiting with a bowel obstruction, so just forget I said that. I do have some scar tissue adhesions in my way lower abdomen from c-sections that sometimes gets "tangled" in my bowels for a few days and hurts like a SOB. I lie on my back and pull on the skin and underlying tissue of my stomach over and over until it breaks up. Sorry. TMI.

I am SO glad you're okay. I've been in a meeting for the past two hours and all I could think about was checking the board to see if you were okay! Man, I guess it's obvious that I've lived through having teenagers!

Munchkin - I'm so glad that you stand up to doctors. Sometimes my daughter tells me things the doctors have said to her and I just want to scream. What makes them think they're so much better? Nurses are the ones who do all the work. I'm glad you liked "Munchkin and Hutch". We should pitch it to a network.

That story about the beagle is so upsetting. People who don't research their doggy choices are so irresponsible. It's not like a sweater that you can just get rid of if it doesn't fit. Crikey.

Edited by minidriver
had to fix a typo that came out like poor white trash grammar.

So I had DH take official "before" pics this morning. I have steadfastly dodged cameras for several years now and, if forced to be in a picture, try to hide behind whatever I can find.

Well. No hiding today. I put on a sports bra and some leggings and did the full body stuff - front, side, and back. Gotta' tell ya', pals. It was not pretty. I cannot BELIEVE how big and round I am! I look like a Corgi!! Or a little, round Red Heeler! I look 8 months pregnant! I have small lower arms and legs and the rest of me is almost a perfect circle. I know! I look like whatever character that was in Charlie and the chocolate Factory who blew up!

So I'm sorta' blue about this but it also makes me so happy that I am having this surgery. Some day (when I have some "after" pics, I'll post my "befores" as well).