Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Good Mini!

We're leaving it in your hands! I know you're more than able!

Don't forget PEEPS send your contact info (if you want) to our Pal Mini!

Thanks Mini for being my cheerleader tonight! I appreciate your support and your love!

always,

dee~

You're welcome, sweetums. sleep tight.

No Brandy yet? I hope everything is ok. I know that I don't have the emotional attatchment that you all do so I can imagine that you gals are on the edge of your seat.

Mal-I love love love corgies too :biggrin2:. My male is beautiful, big and stocky, he is perfect. His name is Carsun. My female is very pretty but still a little b***h lol, her name is Kit. She is the Alpha in their relationship and I will never get puppies unless I have her inceminated (sp). My dad got my male for me and I wasn't sure if I wanted a corgi. I love the low riders as well, Dachsunds, bassets, corgis. I bet your little one is a sweetie. They are so cute and dopey looking, I can't resist their ears.:biggrin2:

Here before too long I will be asking all of you ladies all the low down on the protien drinks and the pre-op diet. I start the 10th of July, then phone consult with Dr.K. on the 14th. I can't wait.

You are all enjoyable and friendly...great group

Cheers, Jill

Ok, let me start by saying this whole "thread" thing is hard to keep up with LMAO. I am feeling a little overwhelmed hehe. How do you gals keep up on everything, and do you read/write other threads? By the time I have read something and want to blog I forget what I was thinking. I am sure I will get use to it.

Brandy- I hope that your appointment shed some light on what is going on, I am sure you have been a ball of nerves.

It seems that it is all new territory and like I read before, no two banders are the same or have the same experiences. There is no way of knowing how things will go for you and there isn't a manuel. :unsure: Too bad eh.

Tied2BFit, munchkin392, Lap dancer & Mal- tyvm for welcoming me into the thread. Sorry it took so long to get that said. Also ty for the advice and the knowledge. I makes me feel not so alone on this journey (that I have barely begun).

Do all of you live "out of town"? I am currently in Alaska but will be moving back home to Nucla Colorado in July. I was just curious if anyone else lives close. Seems like people far and wide visit Dr. K.

I have my phone consult with him on the 14th of July and I am getting excited. I have been keeping a notebook to keep up with all of the questions rattling around in my head.

Well, I have blabbed on and on. Ty again everyone for welcoming me. There are soooo many groups and threads on here...*head is spinning*

Cheers, Jill

Jill - I'm in Nome. Went to CO last July for the surgery w/ Dr. K and was able to meet a few folks at Red Robin before I flew home. I have to fly to Anchorage for a fill and that gets expensive. About telling the kids. Well, I'm one of those people who told everyone. I'm happy about my decision and my only regret is that I didn't do it sooner. My kids (8, 5, almost 3) are aware that there are things I can and can't eat and the poor things have to deal with some of my "exception experiments" for dinner. They get concerned when I get stuck, but notice that I am still living even when I eat half as much as they do (which, really, is a BIG deal since we are a huge helping kinda family). You'll do fine with the pre-op diet...just think that it's only two weeks that you'll have to try SO HARD, then you'll still have to try and work at it, but never that hard again! :( Also, to keep up with the thread (and this is really the only one I read anymore) I just choose the daily update option at the bottom of the reply page and I get all the daily posts in an email - which is a GREAT option for me since internet is slow out here!

Mini - Keep up the good work. I know it's hard at times, but it will be worth it in the end. You want to be your healthiest for the surgery so you recover well/quick and get on with your new life.

Mal - way to go with the roller blading, but I'm sure it's easier with SIDEWALKS! Love to see somthing like that in Alaska some day! I hate roller-blading on roads piddled with rocks (we don't use salt here, it gets too cold so they just spread rocks).

I, too, and worried about Brandy and Adorkable...it's hard to do anything this far away, but I'm here for you...remember, I'm on Alaska time so I'm up "later" than the rest of you! haha!

Well, we had some sun for a couple of days and we're back at rain...maybe this weekend we'll have a sunny day for a bonfire on the beach?!?!

It's been almost a year and I want to lose a few more lbs. to make it to -50 in a year....with NO gaining!

Really, the best part about this whole thing is that I don't care what I put in my mouth anymore - it's not something on my mind all the time. THAT is the best feeling in the world!

Let's get our butts in gear and reach our weight loss goals this summer! We can do it!

Maybe Lifesaver has her number...I have lifesavers number I'll text her and see what we can find out

I wish I did, but I dont have Brandy's number. Maybe bahot does???

St. Vincent's East Surgical Weight Loss

check these banders out, esp. Tami Tilkin!

Hey, that's Tami from Alabama from OH! She rocks!! She is really inspirational, isn't she? I could really relate to Ashley Turnipseed. That could have been me talking, especially the part about thinking once she became a nurse she would be getting lots of exercise but ended up gaining more weight. That's me in a nutshell!

Me too . . . I'm hoping she had a baseball game right after her appointment or something.

I think every good nurse has to be a bit of a police officer too, yes? I mean, SOMEBODY needs to be in charge!

Yeah, that's why I always get appointed to be the official "meanie" when somebody needs to be. (Well, when my coworker Amber isn't there anyway...LOL, she is worse than me!!)

Mini- It's great that you are going to be in charge of our "bat list" for phone numbers!

Dang it, I wish we knew something about Miss Brandy!!

lol @ Munchkin for the "bat list" -- I like that! Mini, I'm sending you my cell number.

Dee - I'm so glad you're back. Missed you muchly. I think it's admirable that you did that trip for your daughter, knowing that you'd go through some pain /mourning re: the ex afterwards. I fully believe that your new man (when you meet him soon) is going to adore you because you know now that you deserve no less. I can't wait to hear all about it -- next week, next month, next year, whenever it happens, and it will happen.

Surely we'll get some good Brandy news today.....

Went to my second Spin Class last night. Four words -- sore butt and legs. But I WILL keep it up. WTG, Mal on the roller blading!

News on my son -- he signed up for an online GED class through the local community college!!! This is HUGE for him ~~ the thing that I'm most proud of is that he actually made it through the "getting there" process and we both survived. The whole time when we were driving, parking, walking across campus, waiting, he was all "I've changed my mind, I don't want to do this, I'm going home, this is ridiculous, we're lost, etc...." and I was all " It's ok to feel uncomfortable in a new place, it won't take long, we're almost done, starting something new is hard for everyone..." BUT he did it!!!!!! Now we just have to get him through the Orientation and placement tests..... His "community worker" who was assigned to help him learn to navigate independently is going to be out of work for 6 weeks, so we're starting over there....His "job coach" finally returned one of my four phone messages and he has an appointment with her Friday (actually, the message she returned, finally, was the fifth one that I left for her supervisor)... After many months of talking, begging, calling, meeting, evaluating, signing, begging, meeting, signing, calling, talking some more etc. things are starting to actually happen.

Jill -- I told very few people, but I did tell my children (now 11 and 17). I had to explain why I was going to Denver -- being away and them staying with my sister was a huge deal for them. My younger son did end up telling my attention-whore sister, and though she hasn't spilled the Beans yet, I'm sure that day will come. (But it's ok -- I did what I had to do to save my life and not die from obesity.) My kids were ok with it, but I think everyone has to be very careful to only give kids the amount of information they can handle on an age-appropriate, developmental-appropriate basis especially when it comes to medical situations.

It's 3:37 am and I've got to work today. Darn this waking up in the middle of the night thing. I'm going to try to get back to sleep now for an hour or so. Cross your fingers.

Happy Wednesday peeps. Lets all move and eat healthy today!

Brandy??? No news yet???

Shelbie~You deserve a drink after your day! Congrats to you and your son. Your words of encouragement and your focused calmness sounds like just what he needed. You are AWESOME!

ooooh, spin class! EXCELLENT! I don't think I could make it through a spin class. I have a hard enough time riding my bike around my neighborhood! That must be a tough workout. Good for you!

Lifesaver~Sorry, I missed your text last night, I crashed at around 10:30. Thanks for the reply.

Marcy~Your year is coming up! WOW, how fast did that go? You get daily posts in an email?...how??? I am going to check that out! That's what I need. We have this really cool park here that has 3 Roller Hocky rinks, so it is nice to learn how to skate in those. They are nice and smooth plus the wall is there to hold onto if you need it. This park also has a BMX bike area (yes, I have been thinking about trying that out too)...YIKES! also a skate park for skate boarders, my son loves that side, and a remote control car track. I even got the hubby out on Roller Blades last night, he did great but he used to play hocky. We were both like "ouch, my knees and my calves." It was funny and fun and Buster came along too, he chased after my boys it was hilarious!

JillyPoo~I have a neighbor that walks her Corgie by my house everyday at the same times (2x a day). I adore that little guy! My son will run out of the house to pet it, then he always asks "can I get a Corgie." He is 18 and he can't take care of himself, so the answer is always "sure you can, when you move out." His new idea is to find some senior citizens to take to the animal shelter so he can use them to get a free adoption, he says he will adopt any Corgie and all the cats, oh yeah he wants a turtle, a guinea pig, and a hamster too!

Feel free to ask away, we are all here to help each other with their new life journey!

Cheers!

AAACKK!!! I thought for sure there would be a message from Brandy . . . Thanks to everyone who sent their numbers. I'll compile the list today and PM it to everybody.

So I had this awful thought last night as I was going to sleep - I wonder if she might have bowel obstruction? The pain . . . not going since Wednesday . . . maybe she has adhesions from surgery. I HOPE that is not the case. Oh my.

Shelbi - not sure what is happening with your son (we never had that talk) but it sounds like signing up for a GED course was a wonderful thing.

Marcy - hope you get some sunshine soon. And congrats on your upcoming 1 year!

Munchkin - I didn't know nurses have a good cop/bad cop routine. That's kind of funny. There could be a new TV series with a pair of nurses who go around getting patients to comply. "Munchkin and Hutch" or something.

No Brandy yet? I hope everything is ok. I know that I don't have the emotional attatchment that you all do so I can imagine that you gals are on the edge of your seat.

Mal-I love love love corgies too :biggrin2:. My male is beautiful, big and stocky, he is perfect. His name is Carsun. My female is very pretty but still a little b***h lol, her name is Kit. She is the Alpha in their relationship and I will never get puppies unless I have her inceminated (sp). My dad got my male for me and I wasn't sure if I wanted a corgi. I love the low riders as well, Dachsunds, bassets, corgis. I bet your little one is a sweetie. They are so cute and dopey looking, I can't resist their ears.:biggrin2:

Here before too long I will be asking all of you ladies all the low down on the protien drinks and the pre-op diet. I start the 10th of July, then phone consult with Dr.K. on the 14th. I can't wait.

You are all enjoyable and friendly...great group

Cheers, Jill

My grad school adviser had corgis and they were just adorable. She used to say that they were big dogs stuck on short legs. My mom has always had doxies so I'm fond of them as well and bassets are just too darned funny and cute for words. I tend to go for the mid/bigger doggies myself. We have an Australian Kelpie (we think . . . she was abandoned) and she's probably 50 lbs or so but thinks she's a lap dog. She brings me such joy.

This is a great group. I can't believe the support and warmth I've received from everybody here. It has made me doubly happy about my decision to go with Dr. K.

The pre-op diet is a breeze. No problem at all.

No Brandy? Mini, I hope that is not the case too, but for her not to post by now? Maybe she is in the hospital...maybe Natalie got a hold of her to let her know that we are all so very worried about her.

okay anyone...so HOW do you set up for daily emails? I can't figure it out! I changed my Buster picture and now I forgot how to add the text under the avatar?

Mini~keep up the good work on the pre-op! July 2nd will be here before you know it! You will do great!

No Brandy? Mini, I hope that is not the case too, but for her not to post by now? Maybe she is in the hospital...maybe Natalie got a hold of her to let her know that we are all so very worried about her.

okay anyone...so HOW do you set up for daily emails? I can't figure it out! I changed my Buster picture and now I forgot how to add the text under the avatar?

Mini~keep up the good work on the pre-op! July 2nd will be here before you know it! You will do great!

OMG! Your new buster picture is soooooo sweet. Is that the one that you posted earlier?

Okay, since everybody else had cute doggie photos for their avatars, I decided to change mine. This is my Keeley Anna. She's my bestest buddy.

Hugs and kisses for beautiful Ms. Keeley!

I can't remember if I posted that picture or not??? I think it was taken when he was sick, poor baby!