Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Hey Beautiful Bandsters! I am SOOO impressed with ALL of you. What an amazing transformation I see in you.

I am sorry I missed Brandy at the office yesterday. I think I may have been in the exam room when you came in and you were in when I came out. That whole fill experience was amazing. Dr. K and 3 students/observers, my sister in law and me in one tiny exam room but it was great. I am like all the rest of you - Dr. K is truly a caring person and I feel so blessed to have him as my doctor. I got 2.5 cc in my band. He was very careful and listened to me - looking me in the eye. My sister in law has had numerous operations because of a digestive disorder but she was really impressed with Dr. K. With all that I am still considering a fill center in the future but it has nothing to do with a bad situation with Dr. K. I got to the airport to come home at 2 pm yesterday and did not get to my house in Oklahoma until 2:45 am today. It was twice as expensive as my trip in May and a million times the stress with the airlines. I haven't decided yet but that may be what I need to do. However I would LOVE to see everyone at the Bar B Q. Dr. K even reminded me about it and said he was really looking forward to seeing everyone.

One more co-morbidity situation I faced being obese. I had uterine cancer in August '03. My doctor said even though I was overweight that it was unlikely the reason I was having problems. But when I had the biopsy it came back positive so I had the surgery. This is a very treatable and curable cancer if caught early and mine was. I am so sorry to hear of your father's cancer Mini. I am glad you have such a wonderful relationship with him. You must be a source of great joy for him.

Hi Sidann. I'm glad to hear that your fill went well but sorry to hear about your traveling woes. That makes for a very long day.

I'm also very sorry to hear about your uterine cancer and very happy to hear that it was caught early and cured. Wow, that had to be scary. Thanks for the kind words about my Dad. It will be a bittersweet father's day this year.

Hey Sidann, Glad your fill went well and you're back home safe and sound. Our Dr. K is the best, isn't he! I so want to come to the BBQ (or "cook out" as the NC natives say) in August, but I know it just not in the budget this year -- too many medical co-pays, co-insurances, un-covered expenses, etc. this year. I hate it, hate it.

Mini -- Father's Day will hard, but make it the best ever. Write your Dad a letter and tell him just how great he is. You have a fabulous way with words. I wrote one to my mom for Mother's Day a few years before she died and found found it after her death among her "treasures" and she had written on the envelop "don't throw away ever!". My mom and I had the ultimate love/hate relationship, but when she passed there was nothing left unsaid.

Hey Sidann, Glad your fill went well and you're back home safe and sound. Our Dr. K is the best, isn't he! I so want to come to the BBQ (or "cook out" as the NC natives say) in August, but I know it just not in the budget this year -- too many medical co-pays, co-insurances, un-covered expenses, etc. this year. I hate it, hate it.

Mini -- Father's Day will hard, but make it the best ever. Write your Dad a letter and tell him just how great he is. You have a fabulous way with words. I wrote one to my mom for Mother's Day a few years before she died and found found it after her death among her "treasures" and she had written on the envelop "don't throw away ever!". My mom and I had the ultimate love/hate relationship, but when she passed there was nothing left unsaid.

Shelbi, that's such a great idea. I'm going to get to work on that right now. How lovely that you found it in your mom's treasures.

When is your husband's procedure? Tuesday??

Shelbi-Ditto on the letter idea, that is great! My mom and I have a love/hate relationship also. I have to admit I am slightly relieved to know I am not the only one. I think sometimes we are too alike! But in other ways we are not alike at all....very complex!

Yes, when is your hubbys procedure? I am the heart cath queen, so if you have any questions, just let me know! I take care of heart cath patients every day that I work and have since I have been a nurse! I have even been thinking about going to work in the cath lab since it is kind of my specialty area! Just rest assured that it is a very simple procedure with very few complications far more often than not. And your hubby will get some good drugs...he he!:smile:

Mini-my husband tried to impose a rule like that on me also...but you see how far it got him!:crying: When I do have a goat in my back yard and an otter in my bathtub, then you will all know it is time to do an intervention with me!

Ok, how do we do the friends thing? Shelbi was nice enough to invite me to be her friend (thanks Shelbi!) but I don't see where to accept...can you only do it from the email you receive?:smile:

Ok, I figured out how to accept friends, now I just need to figure out how to invite people to be my friends!

Ok, I figured out how to accept friends, now I just need to figure out how to invite people to be my friends!

Go to the friends and contacts tab under your user CP and add the screen names of people you want to add, then check "add as a friend" or something and it sends them an invite to be your friend!

I give up, I will never be able to stay caught up with you chatty Cathies!

I always love seeing those RR photos. I wish I could be there. All of you ladies are so lovely with such radiant smiles! :smile:

Best wishes to dogs and dads; looks like both have been going through rough times lately.

I am one stubborn half-pound away from the 50-pound loss mark and I couldn't be more thrilled! This lapband thing just might be working for me. Tomorrow is my four-month bandiversary. At this rate, could I ponder the possibility of being at goal before the 1-year mark? We shall see! :crying:

I had my annual exam at the GYN on Wednesday. Ended up telling the nurse all about lapband and Dr. K. Her husband is considering it. My GYN asked a lot of questions too and was really encouraging. So nice to go and hear good things about my weight instead of the usual "you really need to lose weight, it's so much better to be healthy when you get pregnant." Now I am on track and have a plan for the next couple of years. New birth control pill also. I didn't know that there was a chewable one out there (Femcon Fe). BC pills are usually so small I wasn't worried, but I like the option.

I am a proud pet parent -- specifically kitties. I love dogs too, but cats are so very special to me. My pumpkin, an orange and cream tabby, is 10. His sister Cinder, a tortie, is 9 and the baby is Tiger Lily, a multicolored tabby, who is 6. They are my darlings and I love them more than most people. Gus, my gray and white boy died last summer at age 14. I talk to his urn sometimes; easy to do since it has a lovely engraved photo of him and his favorite toy sits on top.

Pumpkin had a dental cleaning today and like any mom I was worried. But my DH (who is a teacher and home for the summer) gave me updates. He's sleepy but doing well, no extractions necessary. :thumbup:

My dad just called and the said that his MRI today revealed that he has a small hip fracture, not a bone tumor!! This is such a good thing. He may end up needing surgery on his hip, but this is such a better thing than what they initially thought.

WHEW!!!! Wow, our father's day just became a whole lot better!

:biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2:

I always love seeing those RR photos. I wish I could be there. All of you ladies are so lovely with such radiant smiles! :smile:

Best wishes to dogs and dads; looks like both have been going through rough times lately.

I am one stubborn half-pound away from the 50-pound loss mark and I couldn't be more thrilled! This lapband thing just might be working for me. Tomorrow is my four-month bandiversary. At this rate, could I ponder the possibility of being at goal before the 1-year mark? We shall see! :crying:

I had my annual exam at the GYN on Wednesday. Ended up telling the nurse all about lapband and Dr. K. Her husband is considering it. My GYN asked a lot of questions too and was really encouraging. So nice to go and hear good things about my weight instead of the usual "you really need to lose weight, it's so much better to be healthy when you get pregnant." Now I am on track and have a plan for the next couple of years. New birth control pill also. I didn't know that there was a chewable one out there (Femcon Fe). BC pills are usually so small I wasn't worried, but I like the option.

I am a proud pet parent -- specifically kitties. I love dogs too, but cats are so very special to me. My pumpkin, an orange and cream tabby, is 10. His sister Cinder, a tortie, is 9 and the baby is Tiger Lily, a multicolored tabby, who is 6. They are my darlings and I love them more than most people. Gus, my gray and white boy died last summer at age 14. I talk to his urn sometimes; easy to do since it has a lovely engraved photo of him and his favorite toy sits on top.

Pumpkin had a dental cleaning today and like any mom I was worried. But my DH (who is a teacher and home for the summer) gave me updates. He's sleepy but doing well, no extractions necessary. :thumbup:

Your kitties sound adorable and your weight loss is incredible!!

my Dad Just Called And The Said That His Mri Today Revealed That He Has A Small Hip Fracture, Not A Bone Tumor!! This Is Such A Good Thing. He May End Up Needing Surgery On His Hip, But This Is Such A Better Thing Than What They Initially Thought.

Whew!!!! Wow, Our Father's Day Just Became A Whole Lot Better!

:biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2:

wonderful!!!!!!!

My dad just called and the said that his MRI today revealed that he has a small hip fracture, not a bone tumor!! This is such a good thing. He may end up needing surgery on his hip, but this is such a better thing than what they initially thought.

WHEW!!!! Wow, our father's day just became a whole lot better!

Mini -- Glad to hear the good news on ur father. It will really be a good "Fathers" day for you now. And surgery is a much better then the alternative.

Dear Everyone,

No I haven't fallen off the face of the earth. I am in love and busy with my new honey. I have continued to work out and had a fill last week. I am struggling with eating right. Veggies and other fiberous stuff seem to PB me. Then of course, potato chips, and other hard crunchies do that too. Today I even ate some soft chicken too fast and quit when I started to feel food backing up. Anyone else out there, lacking discipline and expecting the band to do all the work. Good news is that I haven't gained any weight and look like I've lost some (muscle weight perhaps). My honey and I are traveling to New York City for 8 days next week. We'll have a great time. He is willing to share a portion with me if we eat out, so then I can have a third and he eats 2/3s and it is about right.

Happy Father's Day to all of you out there, especially to the single moms and dads. You deserve two holidays.

Hugs,

Michelle

Green,

Kuddos on the weight loss -- you're doing great! For the first time in my life, I'm look forward to my GYN visit in July -- can't wait to see my labs and get my doc's reaction. I love kitties too -- Shelbi and Callie are my girls (thus the screen name or whatever it's called). Callie is a lap kitty lover and Shelbi is a hunter, on-her-own-terms kinda gal. Completely opposite. They both love on Barkley (my lab) which is hilarious, because he seems so embarrassed by it.