Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

On the car stories...my best friend had an orange red beetle. Back in the day we used to cruise the Westminster Mall at night. One night, we couldn't see squat. We parked, got out and one headlight is streaming toward heaven, the other is pointed down and her trunk would not close (thank goodness for the bungi cords). It was Christmas break and with no heater we would bundle up and hang on!

Those of you from CO did you ever go to the High School drags at Bandimere?

Thanks Life for posting this for me. I tried to buy them all, but the guy said that I was limited to just one! DARN it! They just got them in last night. I hope Bahot and Woofay can get one!

YAY! Another wii fitter! woohoo!

Mal - you crack me up girl! I can totally see you there, standing in front of the Wii Fit display with your arms out, with a look on your face that says, "Mess with me and you'll have a whole group of crazy women to deal with!" It'll be one of my great Mal memories....right up with the vision of you on all fours hacking like a cat - remember last year when you got stuck? Hahaha!)

Tied - thanks for keeping up with the goals, etc. My internet is so friggin' slow that it's just easier to do a quick reply and not quote anyone...and keeping up with everyones stories and progress, but I'm here if anyone needs me...or needs a place to sleep if they come to Nome!

OK people...drum roll please...my scale has FINALLY moved!!! I swear, I didn't think I'd ever see 217!!! (I've been bobbing from 220 to 218 since February! Which is ok, since I'm not gaining either!) So today, yep, didn't see 217...saw 215!!!! WOW! So, I started this goal thing at 220 and am at 215 now, that's 5 lbs. in two weeks! Thanks so much for helping me! I attibute this loss to YOU, becaue my motivation isn't 5 lbs. worth right now. Feelin' good! Thank you! Thank you!

Congratulations, Marcy! That's wonderful news.

PLEASE DONT HATE ME...I don't know what I am doing...but it is working...so I am taking it!!

I am down 5.7 this week for a total of 10.2 in the last 2 weeks (huh?!?)

I have on a med top and size 10 Gap capris...needless to say I am feeling a tad weepy. I am just thrilled. Thrilled!!!

I am down 68 pounds as of today and my 6 month bandiversary is on Thursday...I will be taking pictures and posting my before and afters.

This is unbelievable.

OMG!! That is tremendous. Oh my. I would be weepy too. Size 10 capris??? wowowowowowowowow.

Good grief you guys are doing so great with your weight loss!!!

I'm the NOT Loser this week. I think I did what Dee said might happen - during week 3 I gained because I started eating regular food. But regardless I am up 1.5 lbs this week :){ BUMMER. But I'm not gonna give up. I'll be in Denver on Thursday for my first fill. I'm a little nervous because I have to fly right back out after the fill but I think I need one.

I have an encouraging story. I met with a group of women for a quarterly meeting today. I wore a knit top and wondered what was wrong with the thing. It was hanging WAY down in front so I pulled it up and it would hardly stay on my shoulders. I asked a friend if the top looked as weird as it felt. She laughed and said that it is about 2 sizes too big. I haven't lost much weight but I guess I have lost enough for my top to be too big. She has lost a lot of weight (about 50 lbs)and said it's just one of those fun things about the weight loss. She hasn't had the band surgery and probably will never need it but she is really supportive of me and my journey. I have 3 friends who are trying to be supportive and helpful along the way. Between those 3 and all of you I feel like a million bucks even if I have gained weight this week. Sidney

Any yay Mal for the 2.8 too. I think I'll need to get a digital scale as well. right now I just have a regular one and it's pretty hard to see parts of pounds. Well, it's pretty hard to see anything on it right now cuz I haven't looked at it for months. It's too depressing . . . . but not for long!

Good grief you guys are doing so great with your weight loss!!!

I'm the NOT Loser this week. I think I did what Dee said might happen - during week 3 I gained because I started eating regular food. But regardless I am up 1.5 lbs this week :){ BUMMER. But I'm not gonna give up. I'll be in Denver on Thursday for my first fill. I'm a little nervous because I have to fly right back out after the fill but I think I need one.

I have an encouraging story. I met with a group of women for a quarterly meeting today. I wore a knit top and wondered what was wrong with the thing. It was hanging WAY down in front so I pulled it up and it would hardly stay on my shoulders. I asked a friend if the top looked as weird as it felt. She laughed and said that it is about 2 sizes too big. I haven't lost much weight but I guess I have lost enough for my top to be too big. She has lost a lot of weight (about 50 lbs)and said it's just one of those fun things about the weight loss. She hasn't had the band surgery and probably will never need it but she is really supportive of me and my journey. I have 3 friends who are trying to be supportive and helpful along the way. Between those 3 and all of you I feel like a million bucks even if I have gained weight this week. Sidney

And a yay for sid too. That's so cool that your top was too big. So much better than the other direction. And it's great that you have supportive friends. Support can make all the difference.

Wow, Guys! Catching up on the thread here...about 6 pages worth! You all made me cry with your stories, sad and happy tears!

lifesaver~ Your story really made me smile/cry cuz my brother made soo much fun of my first car also, and he is gone now too. Wish he was still here to make fun of me!

Mal~yay for your skating and your loss!

Brandy!!!! OMG! Soooooo yay for you! :)

Dee~~okay...I know...its Saturday (used to like this day! ha!) Put me down for losing 4lbs...but that just puts me at 0 again. Rats!!!! TOM Water gone...but nothing more.

I've been doing okay...just really busy! Trying to get my boy's rooms redone this summer. And this means that I have to go through all their toys and try to reduce them and organize them and such. Its so hard for me. I'm a toy nut. Just love them...remember every one I ever had. Stuff like that. All they have to do is give me those beautiful eyes and ask me "Can I pleeeeeeez keep this, Mom?" And I sucker under. Oh well!

About the Wii Fit~ man! I still haven't found one here in the Springs, but! My in-laws emailed me and asked if I had one yet and I let them know that I couldn't find one. And, they are coming up from Phoenix on the 20th....so I'm hoping that they bring us one! I need to do something to start that scale moving again.

My hubby and I are having our Anniversary tomorrow~~~17 years! Hard to believe its been that long. Sure has been great.

As far as I know, I'm on for the 11th! Woo hoo! It has been sooooo long since I have touched base with my Banditos(in person)! Can't wait!

Have a great day, All! :thumbup:

Make good food choices! (Say that like your mom would! hahahaha!)

Well guys I did it!!!! I scheduled my surgery. I almost lost my chance because they did not want to reschedule me because I canceled twice because financing fell through. Dr. K came on the phone and talked to me personally and finally he changed his mind, but I had to make a deposit. My surgery is scheduled for July 17. My problem is that with money tight, I can't afford to take anyone with me. He won't let me go back to the hotel and spend the night alone. He says there is a service available where I can get a "sitter" to stay with me overnight!!! Has anyone heard of this? I feel a little uncomfortable about letting a stranger stay with me.

I am excited that I finally made this decision and there is no turning back now.

I would be willing to stay with you, I would need to leave at 5:30am the next day for work, maybe someone else could pick up where I left off and stay with you during the day.

Edited by bookholder
correction

I really appreciate the offer. So you would have to leave at 5:30 in the morning? I think that would be fine. I will let you know.

Thank you!!!!!