Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Hi ~ I see you all are very closeknit here, it seems wonderful! I am getting closer to my consult, and getting even more nervous. I just wanted to pop in and say hello, "Hello"

Hey Bikini!

WE are a close knit group, BUT not so close that we can't open to embrace anyone and everyone!

Come One Come All!

The Banditos are the BEST!

Congratulations Mal and Dee!!! Fantastic! Whoo hoo!!!

Mal- the zoo story is too freakin' funny. LMAO!!

Deb- I thought I was the only person in the world with the weird battery/back seat fire problem! What a bummer about your car though.

Bikini-yes, this is definitely the best place to hang out. I feel soooo much better about my upcoming surgery knowing that I have such great support on this board. And we have fun, too!

Mal!

Congrats! On your 2lbs down! You did say DOWN!!!

I am so happy for you! I bet you loved seeing that scale move down!!!

I know I did! I'm down 7lbs from last Saturday's weight! So I lost 2.4lbs plus the 4.6 that I had gained!

keep those numbers coming in!

And someone needs to update her ticker to reflect her INCREDIBLE weight loss this week. :(:thumbup::(

Hey All,

Mal just sent me a text message that she is out shopping and has found 4 Wii Fit's at Walmart on Araphaoe Rd and Havana. I don't think she is going to sit there and guard them all for ya, so get out there if you really want one. I'm sure they will be gone by the end of today. Happy Saturday everyone!

Down 1.5lbs this morning. Thanks for being so inspiring guys!

My first car was a blue Chevy Sprint. After having it only a few months I was in a car accident where I rearended another car. After that the hood was all smashed in and didn't latch down anymore so we tied it down with bunji cords. One day my older brother and his friends grabbed a can of red spray paint and wrote the words "WATCH OUT" on my hood. I cried and was humiliated....but I didn't have any other options and so I drove around in that thing for a long time. It was so traumatizing back then but now I remember it as such a funny memory of my brother who has since passed away.

Mal, Dee and Lap, your weight loss is incredible. Mal, it finally moved! Yay to the scale Gods. Dee and Lap, your scale Gods are messing with your head, I think. Congrats on taming them this week. I am so proud of both of you.

My first car was a blue Chevy Sprint. After having it only a few months I was in a car accident where I rearended another car. After that the hood was all smashed in and didn't latch down anymore so we tied it down with bunji cords. One day my older brother and his friends grabbed a can of red spray paint and wrote the words "WATCH OUT" on my hood. I cried and was humiliated....but I didn't have any other options and so I drove around in that thing for a long time. It was so traumatizing back then but now I remember it as such a funny memory of my brother who has since passed away.

Mal, Dee and Lap, your weight loss is incredible. Mal, it finally moved! Yay to the scale Gods. Dee and Lap, your scale Gods are messing with your head, I think. Congrats on taming them this week. I am so proud of both of you.

OH DEAR!!! That reminded me of a funny story. When I was in grad school, we lived in a house that had a shared driveway with the neighbors who had a teenaged daughter. Apparently someone was angry at her and decided to get back at her by spray painting the "b" word on the trunk of her car. Unfortunately, they chose MY car instead and, in big red letters, spray painted "bich" on my trunk. Realizing the errors of their ways, they then painted a "t" above with a carat showing that it should have been part of the word below.

Anyway, I went out and hopped in the car on the morning after the incident and didn't look at my trunk for any reason. Drove to school, went to the library, stopped at the store, etc. Didn't notice a thing until I got home and my son saw it. I called the police to report it and the woman taking my report started to laugh her butt off. Apparently an officer had seen me driving around town and thought that I was just letting people know that I'm one cranky woman. I guess everyone at the police station had been laughing about it. I started laughing too and pretty soon I had tears rolling down my face from laughter. The woman at the police station said that we'd need to catch the perps and prosecute them for "crimes against spelling".

Luckily we were able to remove the spray paint with nail polish remover. But it still cracks me up every time I think about it.

PS- my DH and I were discussing this thread last night and remarking about the strangely fond memories we have of our old, piece of crap cars. All the more poignant for you because of your brother. Thanks for sharing your story.

OH DEAR!!! That reminded me of a funny story. When I was in grad school, we lived in a house that had a shared driveway with the neighbors who had a teenaged daughter. Apparently someone was angry at her and decided to get back at her by spray painting the "b" word on the trunk of her car. Unfortunately, they chose MY car instead and, in big red letters, spray painted "bich" on my trunk. Realizing the errors of their ways, they then painted a "t" above with a carat showing that it should have been part of the word below.

Anyway, I went out and hopped in the car on the morning after the incident and didn't look at my trunk for any reason. Drove to school, went to the library, stopped at the store, etc. Didn't notice a thing until I got home and my son saw it. I called the police to report it and the woman taking my report started to laugh her butt off. Apparently an officer had seen me driving around town and thought that I was just letting people know that I'm one cranky woman. I guess everyone at the police station had been laughing about it. I started laughing too and pretty soon I had tears rolling down my face from laughter. The woman at the police station said that we'd need to catch the perps and prosecute them for "crimes against spelling".

Luckily we were able to remove the spray paint with nail polish remover. But it still cracks me up every time I think about it.

Oh My Goodness! That is a GREAT story! I love it! I'm glad you were able to get it off!

It sounds like we all had cars that were less than par! I remember as a kid we had an old car that had big holes in the floor boards. When my Mom would drive over a puddle (sp?) we would get wet! Nice Memories!

I love that story!

Aren't brothers the best? You can always count on them to mess with us!

Down 1.5lbs this morning. Thanks for being so inspiring guys!

Good Job Lifesaver!

I'll update our list!

You made me laugh with your post about Mal and the Wii Fit! I could see her at the store text messaging you! That's so sweet of her!

Hey All,

Mal just sent me a text message that she is out shopping and has found 4 Wii Fit's at Walmart on Araphaoe Rd and Havana. I don't think she is going to sit there and guard them all for ya, so get out there if you really want one. I'm sure they will be gone by the end of today. Happy Saturday everyone!

Thanks Life for posting this for me. I tried to buy them all, but the guy said that I was limited to just one! DARN it! They just got them in last night. I hope Bahot and Woofay can get one!

Dee~My actual loss was 2.8, I guess I should take every ounce, it will all add up in the end right?

I am so excited about my wii fit, I have such a busy day, I probably won't get to it until tonight or tomorrow. Which reminds me all you locals...today and tomorrow is free fishing in the state of Colorado, so go out and enjoy the weekend fishing, I am going with my Dad, hubby and my youngest son tomorrow. I haven't fished in yeeeeears. I'm taking my bike and roller blades (gonna give them a try on the trail).

Life~What a fun memory of your brother, sorry to hear of his passing. I have two older brothers and I have some pretty funny memories too.

You are a losing machine. I hope that the interval workout and running is what helped me lose this week, but DARN that was hard work! I don't want to have to work THAT hard every week...LOL just kidding ladies!

Well, I am off to do MORE shopping (groceries, not fun stuff).

PEACE LOVE, PEACE LOVE!!

Mal - you crack me up girl! I can totally see you there, standing in front of the Wii Fit display with your arms out, with a look on your face that says, "Mess with me and you'll have a whole group of crazy women to deal with!" It'll be one of my great Mal memories....right up with the vision of you on all fours hacking like a cat - remember last year when you got stuck? Hahaha!)

Tied - thanks for keeping up with the goals, etc. My internet is so friggin' slow that it's just easier to do a quick reply and not quote anyone...and keeping up with everyones stories and progress, but I'm here if anyone needs me...or needs a place to sleep if they come to Nome!

OK people...drum roll please...my scale has FINALLY moved!!! I swear, I didn't think I'd ever see 217!!! (I've been bobbing from 220 to 218 since February! Which is ok, since I'm not gaining either!) So today, yep, didn't see 217...saw 215!!!! WOW! So, I started this goal thing at 220 and am at 215 now, that's 5 lbs. in two weeks! Thanks so much for helping me! I attibute this loss to YOU, becaue my motivation isn't 5 lbs. worth right now. Feelin' good! Thank you! Thank you!

PLEASE DONT HATE ME...I don't know what I am doing...but it is working...so I am taking it!!

I am down 5.7 this week for a total of 10.2 in the last 2 weeks (huh?!?)

I have on a med top and size 10 Gap capris...needless to say I am feeling a tad weepy. I am just thrilled. Thrilled!!!

I am down 68 pounds as of today and my 6 month bandiversary is on Thursday...I will be taking pictures and posting my before and afters.

This is unbelievable.