Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Hi, guys, just wondering about which motels to consider. My surgery will be at Crown (?) Center; is there one of the suggested motels that is closer to the facility than the others?

Hi, guys, just wondering about which motels to consider. My surgery will be at Crown (?) Center; is there one of the suggested motels that is closer to the facility than the others?

Hi Deb. I am staying at the Holiday Inn Select. It is apparently quite nice and very close. I got a suite so that there is a refrigerator in the room.

DEB~

I have heard good things about the Holiday Inn, but I am local, so I don't really count. Good luck in your search!

Hi everyone...don't know if you remember me but I was on here around January and February but financing fell through but now I think I am ready but some doctor's feel that if your BMI is over 50, then you should have gastric bypass instead of LapBand. I am not sure which surgery to have. I feel that losing more quickly with gastric bypass is the way to go but I am afraid of the complications. How did you all make your decision?

Hi widow~I remember you, nice to see you again! Congrats on your persistance and patience. My BMI was at 50 at time of surgery. For me my decision came pretty easy. I was terrified of the GB. Have you heard of the gastric sleeve? If I did not have the band and was considering WLS, I would research the sleeve.

Let us know where your journey takes you.

Wishing you well

Hey!

Does anyone think those pink peeps are Band Friendly?

I just wondered! I actually hate those things, but I called you all "Peeps" so I wondered if you are all Band Friendly!

Finally, the end of my long day! An extra shift is a BIG NSV for me! Previously, I would never work 3 - 12's in a row and if we were extra busy and I had to go in on call, I made sure it was not backed up against my long stretch on! I would have died! WELL, I just finished working my 3rd - 12 and I'm going back on Saturday to do a 4th this week. It may not sound like much, but last night I was there til 9pm and tonight til 8pm. I get there at 620am. After work tonight, I went to Lane Bryant to get some new undies! A smaller size! Yeah BABY!

Hi Fatwidow!

I remember you really well! Nice to see you're back. I remember we talked previously about having the Band when your BMI is high?

Mine was over 60 when I had my surgery. I have done very well and haven't regretted my choice once. The thing that made me choose the band is because there is no cutting of the stomach. RNY aka Gastric Bypass and the Vertical Gastric Sleeve both have to cut the stomach. IF my band failed, I would try to do it without another surgery. IF I found I couldn't make it on my own, I'd get the sleeve. BUT I would be very afraid of it because of the cutting of the stomach. The risks are higher when your stomach is cut. That is just my opinion. My insurance insisted that the Band wouldn't be a good choice because the weight loss is too slow and I have so much to lose. I have had several friends get RNY. One is totally disabled in a nursing home due to problems related to her surgery. She's 38 years old. Another weighed almost 500lbs and she had her surgery last June. Almost a year ago and she's only lost 90lbs. I can't say that's bad, but it's not necessarily quick! The band is slower, that is usually true, but it's not the case with everyone. Every person is different, regardless of the surgery they choose. It has to be your decision. Go to Obesity Help and read some of the posts on each forum. Ask them questions about their surgery... read about each procedure and the pros and cons. Good Luck!

Mini!

I think my fill is good. I'll be ready by the 19th of June for my next one, but for now, this one is doing it's job! I don't like to be too tight, I try to listen carefully to my body and stop when I get my runny nose (my soft sign). Mini, did you call and get a good rate at the Holiday Inn Select?

Deb!

I have stayed at the Holiday Inn Select in Parker several times. I stayed there 3 nights in a row during a blizzard 12/06. I work at the hospital in Parker and they couldn't get nurses in and we couldn't get home, so the hospital paid for us to stay there for 3 nights. They drove us there each evening and picked us up each morning. The beds are ultra comfy and the rooms are lovely and very clean. I then stayed there again during a spring storm and things were just as comfy and nice. I read on here where someone, I am sorry, I can't remember who, stayed at the hotel and they went out of their way to treat her nice. She had lost her pre and post-op meds and needed the enema for the night before surgery and her pain meds for after the surgery. She didn't have a car since she flew in and came by taxi. Someone from the hotel went to Walgreens and got the meds for her. I thought that was so nice!

Mal! How's it going Sweety?

Anita! Are you going to be at Red Robin's next week?

Michelle! Lovegirl! How's life?

Don't forget Peeps, Red Robin June 11th, Wednesday @ 7pm at the Red Robin's at Arapahoe and I-25.

Hugs to all!

dee~

Edited by Tied2BFit
I have no idea why I do what I do!

DEE~ YAY for you for making it 3-12's!! I don't even know if I could do that. Yikes! But awesome for you! And for the Lane Bryant! I also will be able to make it on the 11th, no games!

FAT WIDOW~ I chose the lap band because I wanted something that was reversible if I ended up having problems. I was scared to death of GBS because like Dee mentioned, having your stomach cut up. One of my friends mothers is constantly in and out of the hospital because of complications from GBS. After seeing that, I wanted no part of it. She always would say that "yes, her mom is skinny but she lost her. She was to UNHEALTHY to participate in their lives."

Although I was a lower BMI, I am only 30-35 pounds from goal. And it will be 6 months on June 12. I think it depends on your own motivation, your activity etc... My motivation was not having a knee replacement this year. Although, I will need one in the future, I am so happy post-poning it for years!

You in the end must decide and you must be comfortable with your choice. If your not, you will just set yourself up to fail. Good luck with your decision and keep us posted on whatever way you decide to go!

Okay folks...ROCKIN the WEIGH IN

I am down DRUMROLL.............

5.4 pounds WOO HOO

so techinically I lost 1.4 pounds because last week I had gained four pounds.

LAPDANCER checking in down 5.4 pounds

Next for the challenge..................

AT BRANDYMOM

Although I was a lower BMI, I am only 30-35 pounds from goal. And it will be 6 months on June 12. I think it depends on your own motivation, your activity etc... My motivation was not having a knee replacement this year. Although, I will need one in the future, I am so happy post-poning it for years!

WOOHOOOOOOO!!! I a dreaming of the day. Set my goals for it.

Congratulations for being so close. Way to go.

Hey everyone! It's true, I am still alive! I have had much going on in my life over the last 5 months, so I haven't had time to post.

HOW IS EVERYONE DOING???? I have missed you gals! (And guys!)

Well, other than having one episode of having waaaay to tight of a fill (because there ended up being too much Fluid in my band when my fill doc aspirated it out...WTH??) I have been doing great...I hit onederland a few days ago....and......I bought a size large dress from NY and Company last night!! I tried on the extra large and I thought it was ok if not a bit loose under the arms, but the sales clerk kept insisting I try on the large. I thought it would never fit me...but it did!! I was soooo stoked!! I don't have any current pictures, but I am going to have my friend take one at the end of this week, so I will try to post one.

The only thing my weight loss has not helped is my incredibly bad case of plantar fasciitis. I was really hoping I could come to the cookout, but alas, I have to use my vacation time in August to have surgery on my foot. Does that suck or what? I am not looking forward to being on crutches for two weeks with my five very huge dogs probably knocking me over every chance they get! It should be amusing if nothing else!:thumbup: Maybe my foot will magically cure itself and I can still come...but I'm not going to get my hopes up since I have tried everything but surgery to fix it!

Dee, 4 inch purple heels? Woo hoo, you go sexy momma!:confused:

Thanks so much for the input on Holiday Inn. Is it true they give a discount if I mention the surgery? I am going to make reservations soon for my August appt.

congrats, Lap Dancer, on bouncing back and losing 5+.

You guys are all so great. Reading this thread keeps my hopes and energies up!:biggrin2:

Lap~WOAH! What a loss!

Munchkin~What a wonderful feeling to be able to shop in a "normal" sized store. I can't wait for that! You must post a picture in your new dress! Congrats!

sorry to hear about your foot. I had PF, but since losing I have not had a lot of problems. I even started running, who would of ever thunk...I hope your foot gets beter and you won't need surgery.

5 large dogs? I love dogs, please tell about them.