Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Bahotmamma!

That's an adorable picture!

She is so happy! Nothing sweeter than being 16 years old, cute as can be and have a sexy new X-terra!

Lucky girl!

Thanks for sharing your Baby's pic with us!

Sad thing is, I can remember being 16, just like it was yesterday.

Oh to have that much fun again! Tell her to enjoy EVERY second!

Shelbi, I love you too Sweetpea!

"A drive by post" that made me laugh! When I worked in the Ped's clinic doing triage, I used to have the parents bring their rash covered kids to the parking lot and I'd run out and check to see if they had anything contagious! We had a kid walk into a very busy clinic and play in the waiting room and he had the measles! After that we called it "Drive By Rashes" Fun huh?

I'm glad you moved that appt up and they figured out what was wrong with hubby! I am sorry to hear it was an MI and there is a block! But I'm glad you have a Cardiac Cath scheduled! Things will get better now and you can get him on the road to being a healthy guy!

I hope you enjoy the beach! I'm jealous!

Brandy, I'll take you up on that plan -- visit a male stripper at his place of employment AND then we'll find me a man! I hope I didn't offend anyone with my post! I was actually asked out on a blind date for tonight, BUT I got really scared! He's someone I met online! I actually come off pretty well online and on the phone... it's the in person meeting that causes men to suddenly forget their wallets and have to go and get them -- then strangely enough, they never return! It's funny how men can get a picture of me in their minds, even if I've told them that I am overweight. They get this fantasy imagine in their heads from my voice. I've been told I have a nice phone voice. One of my parent's Moms has a 1-900 number and she makes a lot of money... she called the NICU once to see how her grandbaby was doing and I answered. She told me, I could make more money working her 1-900 number than I made working as a nurse. She said, I just had one of those voices. (I have other stories, but it's best not to share them online.):wink2:

Mini, I'm going to get a sports car after I'm smaller! Another NSV is that I can now get behind the wheel of my daughter's car EVEN when she has the seat pulled way up for her short little stature! She's 5-3, I'm 5-10. Big difference and previously, if I didn't put the seat back before getting behind the wheel, I'd be stuck and not in a good way!:lol: Eek!

See ya!

dee~

Shelbi, I love you too Sweetpea!

"A drive by post" that made me laugh! When I worked in the Ped's clinic doing triage, I used to have the parents bring their rash covered kids to the parking lot and I'd run out and check to see if they had anything contagious! We had a kid walk into a very busy clinic and play in the waiting room and he had the measles! After that we called it "Drive By Rashes" Fun huh?

I'm glad you moved that appt up and they figured out what was wrong with hubby! I am sorry to hear it was an MI and there is a block! But I'm glad you have a Cardiac Cath scheduled! Things will get better now and you can get him on the road to being a healthy guy!

I hope you enjoy the beach! I'm jealous!

Brandy, I'll take you up on that plan -- visit a male stripper at his place of employment AND then we'll find me a man! I hope I didn't offend anyone with my post! I was actually asked out on a blind date for tonight, BUT I got really scared! He's someone I met online! I actually come off pretty well online and on the phone... it's the in person meeting that causes men to suddenly forget their wallets and have to go and get them -- then strangely enough, they never return! It's funny how men can get a picture of me in their minds, even if I've told them that I am overweight. They get this fantasy imagine in their heads from my voice. I've been told I have a nice phone voice. One of my parent's Moms has a 1-900 number and she makes a lot of money... she called the NICU once to see how her grandbaby was doing and I answered. She told me, I could make more money working her 1-900 number than I made working as a nurse. She said, I just had one of those voices. (I have other stories, but it's best not to share them online.):wink2:

Mini, I'm going to get a sports car after I'm smaller! Another NSV is that I can now get behind the wheel of my daughter's car EVEN when she has the seat pulled way up for her short little stature! She's 5-3, I'm 5-10. Big difference and previously, if I didn't put the seat back before getting behind the wheel, I'd be stuck and not in a good way!:lol: Eek!

See ya!

dee~

You didn't offend anyone. It was adorable. Wow, a blind date would be hard. Men are so "appearance driven". One of my least favorite things about them.

Funny story about the 900 number voice. Another possible career choice for you . . .

You didn't offend anyone. It was adorable. Wow, a blind date would be hard. Men are so "appearance driven". One of my least favorite things about them.

Funny story about the 900 number voice. Another possible career choice for you . . .

Yup Men kill me when it comes to being appearance driven! Then they marry some one who is a hottie and treats them like dirt! There are some beautiful women who are pretty ugly on the inside, just as there are some obese women who are absolutely beautiful on the inside. I'd rather marry a man who was not so attractive appearance wise, but a real handsome man on the inside! That's the difference between men and women. My ex was probably one of the best looking men I had ever seen in real life! He's 50 y/o and still is a hottie! But there were times, he wasn't very nice!

I hear ya' sister. There are soooo many beautiful women who are obese. Have you ever noticed how many bigger women are really great dancers? And how sensual bigger women can be in their movements, etc? And we're soft - not bony and spikey like skinny women. so there!

And good looking men can be real a$$holes (pardon my French). Not all of them, of course, but too many of them. My friend and I have a good testosterone/bad testosterone classification system about guys. Some of them are good looking and manly in a really great way. But some of them - just plain trouble.

I'm here, I'm here!

I've been excruciatingly busy these past few days....husband went out of town and I've had to do that first week of summer by myself!

Something they offer here in Nome for the kids for the summer is called "Summcize". It's a day camp where the kids participate in sports, nutrition, and cultural stuff. (Like flag football, Gardening, Wholesome Baking, Nutrition Fitness, etc.) I'm excited for the kids to have this opportunity and maybe they'll bring some ideas back to us here at home?!?!

The baby chicks are doing ok. They had a VERY rough trip to Nome and SEVERAL died, but the rest are still very hearty and growing fast!

When are we supposed to be weighing in for our 10 week goal? I'm suckin' at trying to eat right and work out (but let's be real here, I don't work out, I just try to get moving during the day - and I'm ok with that for now). I've been bobbing at 221-218 for MONTHS now and just can't seem to break past 218...that's what this goal is for me really.

At least I got to walk on the beach today. Since gold is at an all time high, there are TONS of people out on the beaches with sluice boxes and out in the ocean with dredges (boats with an underwater vacuum - you have a diver that goes and sucks up the dirt and then on top of the dredge you filter it and get the gold). A good "sluicer" will get about 1/2 ounce a day (that's about $500) and a dredge could easily yield about 2-10 ounces a day! That's just incredible! Anyway, we're full of tourists and miners...a LOT of people with tents on the beach for the summer....I'll have to take a picture of that...something quite peculiar I tell ya!

Later gals! Good luck to everyone, trust me, I KNOW how hard it is. I have to admit that I'm grateful that I actually know that I WON'T gain any of this weight back, but I'd like to lose a bit more if you know what I mean...just got to get over the hump.

I hear ya' sister. There are soooo many beautiful women who are obese. Have you ever noticed how many bigger women are really great dancers? And how sensual bigger women can be in their movements, etc? And we're soft - not bony and spikey like skinny women. so there!

And good looking men can be real a$ (pardon my French). Not all of them, of course, but too many of them. My friend and I have a good testosterone/bad testosterone classification system about guys. Some of them are good looking and manly in a really great way. But some of them - just plain trouble.

Yup! I know how that is! And you can talk to them until you are blue in the face and they just don't get it! I have a really good friend who is a widower. He's cute. He's not super attractive, but cute. He has three little girls. I absolutely adore his daughters. He's forever complaining about being lonely. But yet unless the woman looks like a Super Model, tall, slim, long flowing brown hair, light eyes and big breasts, he's just not intersted! He even says, "I deserve to be with someone who is attractive!" I told him once, he deserves to be happy and waiting for Miss America to come around, he's never going to find that happiness!

Yup! I know how that is! And you can talk to them until you are blue in the face and they just don't get it! I have a really good friend who is a widower. He's cute. He's not super attractive, but cute. He has three little girls. I absolutely adore his daughters. He's forever complaining about being lonely. But yet unless the woman looks like a Super Model, tall, slim, long flowing brown hair, light eyes and big breasts, he's just not intersted! He even says, "I deserve to be with someone who is attractive!" I told him once, he deserves to be happy and waiting for Miss America to come around, he's never going to find that happiness!

Oh, ugh. How (sadly) typical. Happiness has so little to do with how someone looks. Besides, when you love somebody they become more and more beautiful.

I'm here, I'm here!

I've been excruciatingly busy these past few days....husband went out of town and I've had to do that first week of summer by myself!

Something they offer here in Nome for the kids for the summer is called "Summcize". It's a day camp where the kids participate in sports, nutrition, and cultural stuff. (Like flag football, Gardening, Wholesome Baking, Nutrition Fitness, etc.) I'm excited for the kids to have this opportunity and maybe they'll bring some ideas back to us here at home?!?!

The baby chicks are doing ok. They had a VERY rough trip to Nome and SEVERAL died, but the rest are still very hearty and growing fast!

When are we supposed to be weighing in for our 10 week goal? I'm suckin' at trying to eat right and work out (but let's be real here, I don't work out, I just try to get moving during the day - and I'm ok with that for now). I've been bobbing at 221-218 for MONTHS now and just can't seem to break past 218...that's what this goal is for me really.

At least I got to walk on the beach today. Since gold is at an all time high, there are TONS of people out on the beaches with sluice boxes and out in the ocean with dredges (boats with an underwater vacuum - you have a diver that goes and sucks up the dirt and then on top of the dredge you filter it and get the gold). A good "sluicer" will get about 1/2 ounce a day (that's about $500) and a dredge could easily yield about 2-10 ounces a day! That's just incredible! Anyway, we're full of tourists and miners...a LOT of people with tents on the beach for the summer....I'll have to take a picture of that...something quite peculiar I tell ya!

Later gals! Good luck to everyone, trust me, I KNOW how hard it is. I have to admit that I'm grateful that I actually know that I WON'T gain any of this weight back, but I'd like to lose a bit more if you know what I mean...just got to get over the hump.

hey Marcy!

We check in every Saturday! You missed our first check in, but you can give me your weight anytime during the week, if you get a chance to weigh on Saturday!

Your posts are always so interesting! I'm always learning something about Alaska!

I'm glad to hear that most of the Baby Chicks made it safely! Sorry about the sweet ones who didn't.

Oh, ugh. How (sadly) typical. Happiness has so little to do with how someone looks. Besides, when you love somebody they become more and more beautiful.

It is extremely sad! AND his youngest daughter who is 5 years old -- she lost her Mommy when she was less than a year old, is always asking him when she was going to have a Mommy like other kids. She's really smart! The second daughter reminds me of me when I was her age. She's the sweetest little girl! She's very tenderhearted and loving. The oldest is at that age where she needs a female person in her life -- going through those changes when she's becoming a young woman.

I see the good things in this man, even tho few would because he is a bit arrogant! But he truly is a good person and he's allowed me to see him for who he is, because he sees me as his friend, so he doesn't hide his true personality.

It is extremely sad! AND his youngest daughter who is 5 years old -- she lost her Mommy when she was less than a year old, is always asking him when she was going to have a Mommy like other kids. She's really smart! The second daughter reminds me of me when I was her age. She's the sweetest little girl! She's very tenderhearted and loving. The oldest is at that age where she needs a female person in her life -- going through those changes when she's becoming a young woman.

I see the good things in this man, even tho few would because he is a bit arrogant! But he truly is a good person and he's allowed me to see him for who he is, because he sees me as his friend, so he doesn't hide his true personality.

That's sad. Little girls need a mom. Big girls need a mom.

Bahotmomma, your daughter is cute with her new car! I am jealous. When I was 16, I had the privilege of driving my mother's station wagon "grocery getter." Had to turn the air off going uphill if I wanted to go over 25 mph. It wasn't mine, either -- she was just sharing it with me!

I hope your hub is OK, ShelbiCallie. I don't want to nag my hubster, but I am very worried about his health. He was diagnosed with Type II diabetes a couple of years ago, then HBP. He got scared and for awhile, he was really eating well. He lost about 35 pounds. Then he slowly slid and has gained about half of that back. He does drink Diet Coke instead of regular (but that's all he drinks) and eats salads (lettuce and cucumbers covered in cheese, croutons and tons of Hidden Valley Ranch). But most of the time, he eats like a child.

He is on meds and is supposed to check his sugar twice a day, but he doesn't always. Once I discovered that he hadn't checked in in weeks. You can be the s--t hit the fan there!

Of course now that I am on this healthy kick, it is hard. We used to be partners in crime, although I always liked more fruits & veggies than he did. I go to the store most of the time and will usually only buy baked chips, high-fiber granola bars and fruit as Snacks. I buy him lean lunchmeat, light cheese and "whitewheat" bread. I can't control what he eats otherwise but since I do the shopping and the cooking, I can control that.

We have still gotten into some scraps, though, like when he asked me to make Sloppy Joes and onion rings for dinner last week. I said I'd make the Sloppy Joes, but not onion rings. He said, "Well, Sloppy Joes aren't healthy either" and I said, "They will be the way I'm going to make them." Then he made this disgusted face: :thumbup: I told him that if he wanted to shop and cook for himself from now on, fine, but I am not making him an unhealthy meal.

No exercise. He will go to the park with me and walk laps sometimes, and he likes to play Wii games like tennis and does some yard work. But nothing sustained or consistent. I have asked him very nicely to do other things with me, but he always declines.

He thinks I expect him to change because I did. No. But I am worried about him. He is only 34 and there's a history of diabetes, stroke and heart attacks in his family. I want him to be around forever. We plan to start having children within the next couple of years and I am told that may change things. We will see.

Here is another "drive by post"...

Shelbie~Have a fun time at the beach with your family. I am there mentally, I tell ya', I need a beach vacation...YESTERDAY!

Bahot~Cute daughter! Great color for a vehicle!!

mini~OMG, I was where you are about the driving situation! I would NEVER drive on the highway, I would NEVER turn right, I wouldn't even put gas in my car and I drove a small car. Now, I drive a Suburban, drive in the mountians, highways, anywhere!...and I will turn right at a busy intersection without a turning light. I don't know what happened, but I did it and now nothing holds me back.

Drews~if you are out there...I Roller Skated...FINALLY...last night. I am deffinalty not as good as I thought I was...LOL but I did it. Skated for about an hour. It was fun and I laughed until I was in tears. My hubby walked the dog, oldest son Roller Bladed and youngest son rode his bike. Funny how I envisioned myself just like I skated many, many year ago...not the case!

Happy Friday to all!