Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Hey Everyone,

My Rachael turned 16 yesterday. So today daddy is out buying her a new Nissian Xterra. Must be nice. Actually she is a really good driver and goes for her license next Wed. She is so excited and so are we no more running her all over hel- and back. I played a really bad trick on her yesterday. After she opened all of her presents I told her she had to go outside to get her "big" present. She started jumping up and down and yelling, she was so excited, she got outside and in the driveway was my work truck. She got this depressed look on her face and said "Oh your work truck", I told her "No look in the back", we had gotten her a trampoline. She was excited, but still hoping for a car. I guess a day late isn't too bad, right?

My hubby won't stop chasing me around the house and is always pinching at me, saying how good I look. It feels great and hasn't been like this for a long time... I so wish I would have lost this weight years ago, just think where my marriage would be than?

I had a fill scheduled for today, but cancelled it. I don't think I need one. I still am eating only a 1/4 to 1/3 cup of food at a sitting and am losing weight consistently. I talked to Natalie and she sd that I probably didn't need one, so I just made a new appt for 2 weeks out and will re-evaluate it than. I had a brownie get stuck the other night and don't think I want to eat one for a long time if ever again. It was so bad, my worse yet. I have been working out 3x's a week lifting weights with my trainer and trying to do my cardio everyday. I have noticed a big difference in my arms from the weight lifting. I need to get back to doing my crunches everyday.

Lap -- Congrats on losing, way to rebound from last week and show it a thing or two about who is boss, YOU!!!!

Hope you all have a great weekend, oh wait its not Friday yet...so much for wishful thinking.:confused:

Well, what a great day on this forum!!

DEE!! A huge NSV. You must be so happy about the positive changes in your health and stamina. You've come such a long way.

LAP!! Congrats on your weight loss. Bitch-slappin' that head hunger made a big difference!

Munchkin - I don't know you, but I'm so happy that you can fit into a size large. Someday, someday . . . Too bad about your PF. I have it bad in both feet and I am really hoping it will clear up without surgery. And, yes, do tell us about your dogs.

Bahot - That's so awesome that your husband is chasing you around the house. I told my hubby that I'll buy some lingerie when I lose weight. He hasn't seen me in anything but sweats and t-shirts in bed for a loooonnng time.

Deb - I don't feel that the rate I got at Holiday Inn was all that great. Dee suggested that I call and talk to a manager, so I may give that a try tomorrow. I'll be curious to see what they quote you.

I had a good (non-weight related) thing today. I have a 26 year old son with paranoid schizophrenia who has also battled addiction for several years. He's sober now and stabilized on his meds. We met with his case manager today and he is going to try moving into a supported living apartment. This is a huge step for him and I just wanted to share because I'm very excited for him to take this step.

Bahot~ It is nice to have the hubby chase you around, huh? Mine is doing the same thing. I am only 10 pounds away from the weight I was when we were married 12 years ago!

Have fun with the new car!!! Even if it isn't yours... Tell your hubby that I need a new one too. I also am an excellent driver and I can multi-task. Talk on the cell, control 4 kids, mess with the radio and drive all at once!!!

Mini~

Yay for your son! That is a HUGE step and must be very exciting for you and him! Congrats!

Thanks! Wow, with your multi-tasking abilities in the car, you'd fit right in here in Utah :wink2::lol::lol::lol:

Denise said: I had a brownie get stuck the other night and don't think I want to eat one for a long time if ever again. It was so bad, my worse yet

Hey Denise, I had something get stuck last week that left me feeling like a fish out of Water on the floor flapping and thrashing. It came up surrounded by something best associated with snail drag marks.

Nini said: LAP!! Congrats on your weight loss. Bitch-slappin' that head hunger made a big difference!

Straight-up! Wearing my thigh highs and thrashing my bullwhip at headhunger. I seriously say: "STFU" and the impish side of my personality is like...."urg, sorry ((meep))."

Hotmama why is he chasing? You chase him and remind him why he married you. If you want to borrow my velvet handcuffs..hee hee..kidding.

Mini- A HUGE congrats on your son. WAY TO GO! Wow. What a victory for him. He will feel so great about hisself in a facility that is independent yet supportive. Baby steps. Definately get him a housewarming item for his unit.

On Holiday Inn Select - I think they are hip to the fact they are getting business for the hospital. Where I got a great rate the first time, the second time they amped up the price and when I talked to the manager he was stone cold about it. Like that was his best and final offer. On the other side of that...

Best Western Gateway - I love these people. GREAT Girl working that front desk. You say, "I'm a patient of Dr. Kirshenbaum for the Lap-Band" and boom...automatic rate. They have a room on the bottom floor that is totallly handicapped accomidating. It the last room on the left just around the corner from the front desk. The pool is RIGHT THERE. They have a full Breakfast bar, cold and some hot with fruits and cereals, waffles and pancakes, bacon...la la la..so my hubby was happy to get a big Breakfast. This is included in the price. The room also has a fridge. They get my business.

Friends I won't make the picnic. I'm not flying Frontier I'm going out on Continental and will be with my daughter in Texas until Clara Jean arrives. I have to be back in Florida to start school second week in August for pre-school followed by student return. I'm sad I'll miss this great event but happy for the reason why!! My first grandbaby!! Woo HOO!

Feeling great. Restriction is spot on, perhaps a bit tighter than I am use to but a quick reminder if I swallow to fast or eat something too fast.

The change in food plan that Paula helped me with has made a big difference. This new combination of foods is keeping me "CLEANER" in my intake. My stomach has settled down too.

We have much to be thankful for.

Hi everyone...don't know if you remember me but I was on here around January and February but financing fell through but now I think I am ready but some doctor's feel that if your BMI is over 50, then you should have gastric bypass instead of LapBand. I am not sure which surgery to have. I feel that losing more quickly with gastric bypass is the way to go but I am afraid of the complications. How did you all make your decision?

Hey Widow! I remember you. Welcome back.

Girl my BMI from my beginning, January 2007..well you do the math, I'm 5'5 and weighed 389. I was pushing 360 at surgery. I think the person who told you gastric bypass was better for people in our range...if that is what they inferred by preferencing bypass over the band, may not have all the information they need. I personally chose the band because I felt for ME it was the better option as I didn't want my organs gut. The biggest concern for us during surgery is the size of our livers. Mine was huge, it shrunk because of my preop diet but it was still big. Dr. K got the band in there! Whatever YOU feel like is best is what you pick for yourself. I'm grabbing at a hunch and the hunch I have is that because we have so much weight to lose, they may think the discipline the band requires (because you can cheat but you can also cheat with the bypass too) they may think larger people fail. That's a guess.

Thanks for info on Holiday Inn and Best Western. Will check both.

Mini: glad to hear positive things for your son; have friends whose sons are in same boat. A challenge for all involved.

Thanks guys, I forgot how nice everyone was here!! I think I am going to call tomorrow and schedule the lapband surgery. I really don't want to spend the money because if will drain my savings and I get scared when I don't have any money to fall back on in those hard times. BUT, I feel like if I don't do something now, my health will decline and my weight will keep rising. I am 45 and wasting my life away on the couch. My four-year old is starting to understand why I never feel like getting off the couch to play with him.

I have been alone now for three years and I am lonely. Believe me, no one ever gives me a second look. Not that I am looking for a serious relationship but just get out of the house and have fun. If I wait too much longer, I am going to be too old to care. lol

Well I will keep you guys posted.

Thanks guys, I forgot how nice everyone was here!! I think I am going to call tomorrow and schedule the lapband surgery. I really don't want to spend the money because if will drain my savings and I get scared when I don't have any money to fall back on in those hard times. BUT, I feel like if I don't do something now, my health will decline and my weight will keep rising. I am 45 and wasting my life away on the couch. My four-year old is starting to understand why I never feel like getting off the couch to play with him.

I have been alone now for three years and I am lonely. Believe me, no one ever gives me a second look. Not that I am looking for a serious relationship but just get out of the house and have fun. If I wait too much longer, I am going to be too old to care. lol

Well I will keep you guys posted.

Hi Widow:

Fatwidow and I'm Lap Dancer... what names we picked, aye?

Money doesn't grow on trees for sure. How I reasoned my expense was like this: I think nothing of a home improvement loan, charging something on a card at 23% interest, buying a car, in other words, spending money or a large sum of money on a vehicle or house item but quabble with myself about spending money on me???? for my health? That internal voice that yells at the food hunger in my head really went Jerry Springer on my azz. When I had my mind made up, I had my MIND MADE UP. You remember something... it's YOU AND YOU on this highway of life. No one is inside your body in the driver's seat but you. You know how it feels to have your back hurt, to huff and puff all the time you are trying to keep up with everyone else. I just got it in my head that I was pissed off about it, pissed off at people trying to tell me what to do...and get this... the day before my flight left...DAY BEFORE...I was packed for Colorado..my mother called to tell me about a man at her church who worked at a hospital near where I live and they did gastric bypass and she knew several folks who had gastric bypass and they did GREAT...blah blah blah blah.:wink2: So my mental response was (grabs crotch..'I got yer bypass right here' ) Not really, I never did that. But I was thinking it.

Go to a seminar until you feel 98% okay with your decision. I left 2% for a margin of doubt for myself because I'm always a little iffy on some things. Best of luck to you friend. I feel for you from the couch. Been there, still there to some degree but feeling so much better like I have a new person growing out of me. It's awesome.

Hi Widow:

Fatwidow and I'm Lap Dancer... what names we picked, aye?

Money doesn't grow on trees for sure. How I reasoned my expense was like this: I think nothing of a home improvement loan, charging something on a card at 23% interest, buying a car, in other words, spending money or a large sum of money on a vehicle or house item but quabble with myself about spending money on me???? for my health? That internal voice that yells at the food hunger in my head really went Jerry Springer on my azz. When I had my mind made up, I had my MIND MADE UP. You remember something... it's YOU AND YOU on this highway of life. No one is inside your body in the driver's seat but you. You know how it feels to have your back hurt, to huff and puff all the time you are trying to keep up with everyone else. I just got it in my head that I was pissed off about it, pissed off at people trying to tell me what to do...and get this... the day before my flight left...DAY BEFORE...I was packed for Colorado..my mother called to tell me about a man at her church who worked at a hospital near where I live and they did gastric bypass and she knew several folks who had gastric bypass and they did GREAT...blah blah blah blah.:wink2: So my mental response was (grabs crotch..'I got yer bypass right here' ) Not really, I never did that. But I was thinking it.

Go to a seminar until you feel 98% okay with your decision. I left 2% for a margin of doubt for myself because I'm always a little iffy on some things. Best of luck to you friend. I feel for you from the couch. Been there, still there to some degree but feeling so much better like I have a new person growing out of me. It's awesome.

Excellent advice, Lap Dancer. We ARE worth the investment in ourselves. And I think it would be unusual not to have some degree of doubt. Sometimes ya' just hafta' take a leap of faith.

Lap Dancer,

Very well put! We do have to just take that leap of faith and do what we have to do! Paying for my surgery meant I lost my house. They were building it for me and it was the perfect home. But I spent part of my downpayment on my surgery. I do not think about it negatively! Because I wouldn't have enjoyed my new home if I continued to weigh what I did and feel as bad as I did. I feel like Fatwidow too, I hate to be left with no money in case of an emergency, but I know the quality of my life sucked. I'm so sad I don't get to meet you at the picnic! BUT I totally understand! Waiting for that new Grandbaby Girl is where I'd be too, if I were you!

AND BEST OF all is your weight loss this week! Congrats! I hope I lose!

Fatwidow,

I know what it's like to be lonely. I had men look through me and past me for many years. But yesterday at work, this guy whom I think is just the cutest on earth, saw me and he smiled really big and said, "what's up Trouble?" he called me "Trouble." I replied, "Nothing much, what's up with you Trouble to the second power?" I know that was a nerdy thing to say, but I didn't know whatelse to say, besides, "You're hot! I'm hotter! Your place or mine?" Every head turned at the nurses' station and they looked to see who he was flirting with. When they looked, he said, "Did you see every one had to look to see who you were?" I replied in my sexiest, come and get me voice, "Yes Sir, I did!"

Oh My Goodness, I needed a cigarette after that! Lap, Can I borrow your velvet handcuffs? Wait, I might have a pair of my own! Sorry!

Seriously, I know lonely! But I also know that I have a long way to go before any man would enjoy being with me! BUT I'm on my way and closer than I was 4 months ago!

Also know that I haven't felt this good in 20 years. I have so much energy and I can do things I haven't done forever! I'm so happy I got my band!

Mini!

Great news for your Son! That is wonderful news for all of you. Your Son will benefit from his new surroundings and you and Dad will too. Being able to work 3 - 12's and not be totally exhausted afterwards is the best NSV yet! I can't wait til you have your NSV's!

Brandy!

You're a Mom and Mom's make the best multi-taskers! I'm so glad you're going to be at Red Robin's! I can't wait to see everyone again!

Bahotmamma!

I'll stay off the road only because I know you're daughter is going to be so excited driving that new vehicle - she might not pay attention! We got my daughter a new car for Christmas after high school graduation. I was so excited, I couldn't wait for Christmas to give it to her! I had to drive to her friends' house at 10pm the night I got to town to give her the car. The sad thing is we had it parked in some friends' garage and they have two teen-age boys and the poor guys thought it was for them! AND I have to say, you're lucky to have that man of your's chasing you! Enjoy being caught Girlie!

Munchkin!

You pretty lady, You! I have to tell everyone here, I think you're adorable! I hope I get to see you again sometime! AFTER you get your feeties fixed!

Mal!

I got to buy new undies last night in a size 20!!! Wow! Can you believe that? did you really want to know that? Probably not! But I had to share!

Well Guys, I figured out how many minutes I worked out in the Month of May and it totaled 1207.18 mins! Can you believe that? Me? Working out? NO WAY! Not Ms D. Slowsky! The Slug of Littleton! The Slouth of Colorado! NO WAY Jose!

YES WAY!!! AND I rode 207 miles! I could have gone from Littleton to Vail and back again!

AMAZING! FREAKING AMAZING!

OKay, I gotta go now and dream of Mr. Dreamy!

Hugs!

dee~

Well, well, well, Miss Trouble. You have yourself some pleasant dreams. Perhaps they'll involve purple high heels and handcuffs.

Well, well, well, Miss Trouble. You have yourself some pleasant dreams. Perhaps they'll involve purple high heels and handcuffs.

Yes, I'd say the Purple Pumps will be present - along with the velvet handcuffs and a really big Smile across my face and hopefully the face of Mr. Trouble2 also!

Yes, I'd say the Purple Pumps will be present - along with the velvet handcuffs and a really big Smile across my face and hopefully the face of Mr. Trouble2 also!

:lol::lol::wink2: