Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

DEE! WOO HOO!! Look at them cheek bones Mama!!! Way to go! Keep it up and thanks for sharing. You look so happy.

Taynuh way to go!!!!! You look excellent. I'm sure you're getting loads of compliments.

Thanks LapDancer!!!

I hate my "Low Flow Shower Head" Hair!

My daughter and I laughed when I posted the picture because she said, "You look like Jerry Seinfeld from the Low Flow Shower episode."

Yup, I do! And Yes, I am a lot happier! Happier to have found the band!

Thanks for our support and encouragement!

How are you doing with your new fill? I'm supposed to get one tomorrow, but I averaged a loss of 2.33 a week since my last fill, so I'm not sure if I'll get one.

Thanks LA!

How are you doing with your Band? Everything fixed and back working for you?

I think pics can help you see the difference. I didn't think I saw one until I posted my pictures here -- the one from my first Red Robin meeting and my 3 month anniversary pic.

We'd love to see your Before and During Pics!

Share!! Please!

I agree. My daughter just got back to Florida and has been gone for five months. She said I didn't look any different from Christmas. My heart sank. Then I was loading photos on my computer and I have several taken over the past year. When I showed her some of them she went WHOA! I think people who see you daily, and maybe remember you thin, think of you as fat no matter what until you get to be about the size you were twenty years ago.

AND ANOTHER THING...

When you are UBER BIG like me, It takes 50 pounds to drop a size! So I should have said " I wear a size TENT " when shopping before my surgery.

I agree. My daughter just got back to Florida and has been gone for five months. She said I didn't look any different from Christmas. My heart sank. Then I was loading photos on my computer and I have several taken over the past year. When I showed her some of them she went WHOA! I think people who see you daily, and maybe remember you thin, think of you as fat no matter what until you get to be about the size you were twenty years ago.

AND ANOTHER THING...

When you are UBER BIG like me, It takes 50 pounds to drop a size! So I should have said " I wear a size TENT " when shopping before my surgery.

Oh I know what you man about being UBER BIG! Today, I was talking to someone and I thougt, "Wow, I still have about 166 lbs to go!" -- We were talking about sex! One of my favorite topics!

Anyway, 166 lbs and major plastics before any man would be attracted to me! ARGH! No wonder I get so depressed sometimes! DAMNIT!

(positive attitude Dee, positive attitude!)

I'm trying!

dee~

YEAH!! I DID IT!!!!!!!!

I'm coming to Denver on Friday, May 16th for my first fill!!! I'm soooo excited!! I got a plane ticket for like $160!! Cheaper than seeing the follow-up doctor I found here in Oklahoma (over $300)!!! My husband is excited for me. He said he'd rather me go back to Dr. K anyway. He really liked him and the staff. I can't wait!!

I'm also meeting up with Paula before my fill. I've been reading a lot of what you girls (Dee and LapDancer) have to say. Made me think I need to touch base with Paula to make sure I'm on the right track and food plan! You girls inspired me!

Dee you're looking great!! Congrats! :)

YEAH!! I DID IT!!!!!!!!

I'm coming to Denver on Friday, May 16th for my first fill!!! I'm soooo excited!! I got a plane ticket for like $160!! Cheaper than seeing the follow-up doctor I found here in Oklahoma (over $300)!!! My husband is excited for me. He said he'd rather me go back to Dr. K anyway. He really liked him and the staff. I can't wait!!

I'm also meeting up with Paula before my fill. I've been reading a lot of what you girls (Dee and LapDancer) have to say. Made me think I need to touch base with Paula to make sure I'm on the right track and food plan! You girls inspired me!

Dee you're looking great!! Congrats! :blush:

Amie!

That's great!

BTW, I love the way your Mom spelled your name! I love names with an "ie" - I think it's so feminine.

I think going to see Paula is a great idea. I have worked really hard on trying to get my diet in order. I do not want to "diet" per se, I want to live this way. Before being banded it was my goal to eat a balanced and healthy way, but I was always hungry and I'd end up eating too much. I have found that with the band, it is much easier to eat healthy. Because the band lends it's help to keep me from being so hungry between meals. I love planning my meals and putting them together. Counting the grams of Protein and logging them in the computer. I'm a nerd!

Are you going to stay for a couple of days while you're here Amie?

You must be doing something right, Girl! Look at how much you're lost! Congrats!!!

Edited by Tied2BFit
Bad Bad Spelling Errors!

Kidlings!

Anyone up for a Red Robin evening?

I thought, I'd throw a date or two out there and see if anyone is interested and able to get together.

How does May 13th or 14th sound?

I miss you guys! AND I need my Bandito Fix!

dee~

I want to go Dee!!! Let me know what night!

Brandy!

which dates works best for you?

dee

~

I want to go Dee!!! Let me know what night!

Brandy!

which dates works best for you?

dee

~

Dee~ I need to lose A LOT... so my 60pound loss is not noticeable. I did take pictures today and I cannot see the difference. Ah well. I did go down a pants size. I will share a face photo though. I think I can notice it in my face a bit but my hair is lighter so that may be throwing me off! lol.

I am doing good. Thanks for asking. I had another episode of pain and called Dr K's office. I talked to Natalie and she thinks it may be my gallbladder. I have an appointment with my PCP tomorrow morning and will see if I can get it checked out.

Lap~ I feel you on the UBER big! lol. took me 60 pounds to go down ONE size. I still have over 150 pounds to go. I will et there eventually.

Edited by L.A.

LA,

I can see it -- It is very apparent to me! You are much much smaller now. Look at your arms and shoulders, not to mention your face.

Wow! I would be so proud if I were you!

You're so pretty!

Did you measure yourself pre-op? I did, I have my measurements on my website. It really is amazing how much we don't notice, if we can't see the numbers. I have not dropped a lot of sizes, but I think that is because I started out so big.

Thanks for sharing your pictures!

I love seeing the "Before and During" pictures! They are so inspirational!

dee~

Dee~ Thanks... you're so sweet. Thanks for asking me to share them... I have been trying to hide because I can't see it. lol.

I WISH I had taken measurements. I am so bummed I didn't. I suppose I still could at this point, but I figure it is a lost cause now.

I did go down at least 1-2 sizes. A 32 was TIGHT pre-op and now 30's are falling off of me. I just bought a new bathing suit in a size 28 hoping I could wear it later in the summer... I wore it today! =) That felt awesome. My old suit was a tight 32.

Dee~ Thanks... you're so sweet. Thanks for asking me to share them... I have been trying to hide because I can't see it. lol.

I WISH I had taken measurements. I am so bummed I didn't. I suppose I still could at this point, but I figure it is a lost cause now.

I did go down at least 1-2 sizes. A 32 was TIGHT pre-op and now 30's are falling off of me. I just bought a new bathing suit in a size 28 hoping I could wear it later in the summer... I wore it today! =) That felt awesome. My old suit was a tight 32.

LA!

If I were you, I'd measure myself now. I don't think it's a lost cause at all! I think it's a great idea!

I am now wearing 26-28's. My pre-op size was 32. My scrubs have gone from 6xl to 3xl. I haven't had the guts to try on my old jeans. I tried them on right after surgery and they didn't fit, but they fit before surgery! I know I was swollen! I should just try them on.

Go Measure that Bod, LA!

BTW, my daughter saw your pictures and she said you have changed a lot! She said you are so pretty! She liked your before picture too!

Oh I know what you man about being UBER BIG! Today, I was talking to someone and I thougt, "Wow, I still have about 166 lbs to go!" -- We were talking about sex! One of my favorite topics!

Anyway, 166 lbs and major plastics before any man would be attracted to me! ARGH! No wonder I get so depressed sometimes! DAMNIT!

(positive attitude Dee, positive attitude!)

I'm trying!

dee~

Dee there is another thread running on this site about plastics. I'm laughing and wincing at the same time when I read it. I'm with you. I do have about another "Deuce and a half " to lose. I'd love to shake my "shoo shoo" like I use to so I have every intention of going for the plastics and doing whatever I have to do to get to goal. I started off with a HUGE amount of weight to lose. My peak was 389. Yeah, walking was painful. My personal favorite was the pendulum walk....my stomach hung really low, down between my legs and swung when I walked. Interesting from a Big Ben kind of perspective. Big Ben is still Big but doesn't swing anymore. Woo HOO

Amie glad to hear you got a CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP ticket. wow. I'm happy for you. Best Western in Aurora off Mississippi has a discount. It's ten dollars cheaper for the medical patients. Best Western Gateway. Breakfast in the morning in the little reception room. juice, coffee, fresh fruit, waffles, cereal...crazy loads of food that you mostly can't eat but it's nice to sip coffee and read the morning paper. They also have the news on in the room so people sit at tables and eat breakfast and watch the news. When you are alone it's nice company. They have a pool too.

Have a good visit and fill. Glad you are seeing Paula. She snapped me back on track. I also made time for Natalie who I think is like an emotional cleaner with the HEAD WORK of the Band. I have really had a struggle with staying on a food plan consistantly. I'm doing much better and I think it is due in part to the consistancy of going back out to Dr. K's office and committing myself to doing that. A great group of people in that office. We are very fortunate.

PR

Dee~ I need to lose A LOT... so my 60pound loss is not noticeable. I did take pictures today and I cannot see the difference. Ah well. I did go down a pants size. I will share a face photo though. I think I can notice it in my face a bit but my hair is lighter so that may be throwing me off! lol.

I am doing good. Thanks for asking. I had another episode of pain and called Dr K's office. I talked to Natalie and she thinks it may be my gallbladder. I have an appointment with my PCP tomorrow morning and will see if I can get it checked out.

Lap~ I feel you on the UBER big! lol. took me 60 pounds to go down ONE size. I still have over 150 pounds to go. I will et there eventually.

I thought I was the token ORCA of the group. ....yeah, I have some friends to swim down the scale with...woo hoo...and I mean that it a I LOVE YA for knowing my pain kinda way. LA you look GREAT. YES I see it too. You look smaller all over. You have to be feeling better.

I'm guessing when you get to be UBER BIG, they just make things drape like so if folks are bottom heavy, it fits, top heavy, it fits. It's going to be nice to see things FIT for me. Your little top looks so perky and bright. Great photos for before and after. And whoever has his arm around you, my husband has a shirt just like it.

Take care.

Patty

Edited by Lap_dancer