Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Lapdancer,

I was reading a woman's website today -- it was all about her plastic surgery after losing a large amount of weight with the lap band. She had everything, even a Brazilian Butt Lift. I will need one of those!

Just like Dolly Parton says, "everything that can be lifted, tucked, and sucked will be." I need her plastics doc... she still looks great! I sure don't want the one who did Farah Fawcet! Yikes!:wink2:

Love,

dee~

Lapdancer,

I was reading a woman's website today -- it was all about her plastic surgery after losing a large amount of weight with the lap band. She had everything, even a Brazilian Butt Lift. I will need one of those!

Just like Dolly Parton says, "everything that can be lifted, tucked, and sucked will be." I need her plastics doc... she still looks great! I sure don't want the one who did Farah Fawcet! Yikes!:wink2:

Love,

dee~

Poor Farrah. Sad sad sad, she looks like a caricature of her former self.

So where did she(woman with the website) get all this work done and did insurance cover some of it. I wonder because I do have skin problems at my belly and under my breasts which I've been told is something they consider for approval. No problem then if that is the case. I'll need the stomach, full lift, breats, arms and inner thighs. But never was big in the first place just above where the hips are near the waist. I'd love to stand at the mirror and go..OH YEAH BABY. That would be fantastic. Where is this person's website.

Edited by Lap_dancer

Poor Farrah. Sad sad sad, she looks like a caricature of her former self.

So where did she(woman with the website) get all this work done and did insurance cover some of it. I wonder because I do have skin problems at my belly and under my breasts which I've been told is something they consider for approval. No problem then if that is the case. I'll need the stomach, full lift, breats, arms and inner thighs. But never was big in the first place just above where the hips are near the waist. I'd love to stand at the mirror and go..OH YEAH BABY. That would be fantastic. Where is this person's website.

www.mymedicalpsjourney.com

She wasn't our size, but she did lose a lot. The price was very reasonable. I never thought of Mexico for plastics. But if my insurance refuses, I might have to consider it.

This woman is really sweet. She's very good friends with Roger from the Biggest Loser.

Good Morning banditos!

Linz and Tarheelluv -- good to hear from you and glad you're doing well! Keep posting.

Amie -- (In my best Napoleon Dynamite voice) Lucky!!!

I sure wish I could get a flight deal like that -- I'd be out to CO to get my fills in a NY minute, no doubt.

Tina & LA - Yowza!! You are both looking great! I can see a big difference and am so proud of you. Love the hair do's on both of you too!

All this inspiration on here has kept me motivated -- I've walked everyday this week and my older son is walking with me! :wink2: This is good on many levels! I've signed up for the upcoming 5k ALS Walk, but he's not made a decision on that one yet. We'll see. I found myself getting up in the morning looking forward to walking --whodathunkit?? I'm tossing around the idea of trying to run (did I just write the word run?) a 5k in the fall for the Autism Ribbon run. What the hell, enough tossing....I will run and you heard it here first. I'm printing up my "Couch to 5k plan" as soon as I finish this post. Thanks Brandy, Dee and Mal for the exercise posts --it got me started.

Lap & Dee -- I SO want some PS when the time comes. My girls are just sad, sad puppies. When I walk they are doing their best to bounce from ankle to eyeball with every stride. Since they are now like tennis balls in tube socks, it's not pretty. Ouch. I just ordered a MOVING COMFORT FIONA BRA because the sports bra's I have just aren't doing the job. Any reviews on sports bra's, banditos?

If you haven't seen Iron Man yet, find an excuse to go. I'm not really a action super hero movie fan, but I am the mother of boys so I always end up seeing them. Anyway, Robert Downey Jr and Jeff Bridges are so hot in this movie -- you must go. Jeff Bridges is a very yummy bald villian. :confused:

Happy, healthy week with good choices all around to my dear banditos!

LA!

If I were you, I'd measure myself now. I don't think it's a lost cause at all! I think it's a great idea!

I am now wearing 26-28's. My pre-op size was 32. My scrubs have gone from 6xl to 3xl. I haven't had the guts to try on my old jeans. I tried them on right after surgery and they didn't fit, but they fit before surgery! I know I was swollen! I should just try them on.

Go Measure that Bod, LA!

BTW, my daughter saw your pictures and she said you have changed a lot! She said you are so pretty! She liked your before picture too!

Ok... lol... you convinced me. I will take measurements. =)

Sounds like you are doing GREAT Dee! We are both in the same place right now. I hope I can make it out for the BBQ in August so we could meet in person... would be fun! =) And you daughter is a sweetie. Tell her thank you.

I thought I was the token ORCA of the group. ....yeah, I have some friends to swim down the scale with...woo hoo...and I mean that it a I LOVE YA for knowing my pain kinda way. LA you look GREAT. YES I see it too. You look smaller all over. You have to be feeling better.

Your little top looks so perky and bright. Great photos for before and after. And whoever has his arm around you, my husband has a shirt just like it.

Take care.

Patty

Thanks Lap... y'all are making me feel so nice today! =) And none of us are Orchas... lol... we are just a lot fluffy. Bwahaha. Soon to be big deflated balloons. Yikes.

I saw you guys talking about the PS in Mexico. There was a girl on OH who just posted pictures and she a ton of work done all at once.

My Mexico Plastic Surgery Journey!

I personaly would have been happy with my arms and stomach if they looked like hers. I already know for sure i am going to get new boobies... mine are already hanging low and I am only 31 for cripes sake. I am hoping I won't have too much excess skin, but I have been so heavy for so long, I think it is inevitable. Guess we will just have to wait and see.

www.mymedicalpsjourney.com

She wasn't our size, but she did lose a lot. The price was very reasonable. I never thought of Mexico for plastics. But if my insurance refuses, I might have to consider it.

This woman is really sweet. She's very good friends with Roger from the Biggest Loser.

Tied,

I couldn't get that link to work. Is this the same one?

My ears were a-burnin ladies!! I am the Mexico Plastic surgery girl! the website is: My Mexico Plastic Surgery Journey!

I joined LapBandtalk awhile back. its good to be back!!

misty

Hey Misty!

Sorry, I was throwing your good name around! BUT I am just so proud of you! You look great! AND I love that you're so willing to share your journey with all of us!

I'm Dee from OH, "Iam_with_the_Band"

Good to see you again!

Ok... lol... you convinced me. I will take measurements. =)

Sounds like you are doing GREAT Dee! We are both in the same place right now. I hope I can make it out for the BBQ in August so we could meet in person... would be fun! =) And you daughter is a sweetie. Tell her thank you.

Thanks Lap... y'all are making me feel so nice today! =) And none of us are Orchas... lol... we are just a lot fluffy. Bwahaha. Soon to be big deflated balloons. Yikes.

I saw you guys talking about the PS in Mexico. There was a girl on OH who just posted pictures and she a ton of work done all at once.

I personaly would have been happy with my arms and stomach if they looked like hers. I already know for sure i am going to get new boobies... mine are already hanging low and I am only 31 for cripes sake. I am hoping I won't have too much excess skin, but I have been so heavy for so long, I think it is inevitable. Guess we will just have to wait and see.

Yup LA we are just more Fluffy than others!

I'm glad you're going to do some measuring! You will not regret it!

I hope you can make it to the BBQ too!

I was in the office this afternoon, but I didn't get a fill. I still have pretty good restriction from my last fill AND I've lost 17 lbs in the last month. It was so nice to see Natalie, Marilyn, Mary and the Good Doctor K!

When I got there, they had me fill out this information sheet about my eating. I loved being able to write on there that I work out 30 mins a day, 7 days a week! The first time in my life, I was able to write that!!! I'd call that a huge NSV!

Good Morning banditos!

Linz and Tarheelluv -- good to hear from you and glad you're doing well! Keep posting.

Amie -- (In my best Napoleon Dynamite voice) Lucky!!!

I sure wish I could get a flight deal like that -- I'd be out to CO to get my fills in a NY minute, no doubt.

Tina & LA - Yowza!! You are both looking great! I can see a big difference and am so proud of you. Love the hair do's on both of you too!

All this inspiration on here has kept me motivated -- I've walked everyday this week and my older son is walking with me! :rolleyes: This is good on many levels! I've signed up for the upcoming 5k ALS Walk, but he's not made a decision on that one yet. We'll see. I found myself getting up in the morning looking forward to walking --whodathunkit?? I'm tossing around the idea of trying to run (did I just write the word run?) a 5k in the fall for the Autism Ribbon run. What the hell, enough tossing....I will run and you heard it here first. I'm printing up my "Couch to 5k plan" as soon as I finish this post. Thanks Brandy, Dee and Mal for the exercise posts --it got me started.

Lap & Dee -- I SO want some PS when the time comes. My girls are just sad, sad puppies. When I walk they are doing their best to bounce from ankle to eyeball with every stride. Since they are now like tennis balls in tube socks, it's not pretty. Ouch. I just ordered a MOVING COMFORT FIONA BRA because the sports bra's I have just aren't doing the job. Any reviews on sports bra's, banditos?

If you haven't seen Iron Man yet, find an excuse to go. I'm not really a action super hero movie fan, but I am the mother of boys so I always end up seeing them. Anyway, Robert Downey Jr and Jeff Bridges are so hot in this movie -- you must go. Jeff Bridges is a very yummy bald villian. :tt1:

Happy, healthy week with good choices all around to my dear banditos!

Hi Shelbi!

Yup, my girls have started heading south for the Winter, Summer, Fall and Spring! I don't think they will be returning anytime soon! Sad, but true!

I got a new Sports Bra at Kohls and if this one doesn't work, I'm going to get one at Bosom Buddies. It's a Breastfeeding support store near Park Meadows Mall and they have a very wide assortment of sizes.

Don't laugh, but I wear my Sports Bra and workout shorts to the pool. There is no way I am willing to put on a swimsuit! ARE YOU KIDDING ME! NO WAY!

I just buy those thin cycling shorts, they are longer and cover more of my thigh.

Life goes on....

Dee! That's WONDERFUL!! You're dedication to the whole process is amazing and inspiring. I love coming here to read about your journey. Work that tool, girl!!

Edited by ShelbiCallie
Because my sentence made no sense whatsoever.

Hi Shelbi!

Don't laugh, but I wear my Sports Bra and workout shorts to the pool. There is no way I am willing to put on a swimsuit! ARE YOU KIDDING ME! NO WAY!

I just buy those thin cycling shorts, they are longer and cover more of my thigh.

Life goes on....

Funny you should mention this -- in my efforts to find SOMETHING to give me batwing coverage in the pool I've been looking at the rashguard tee shirts like the surfers wear. I like the idea of the cycling shorts -- I've got some around here somewhere that were my sons but they've got this seat padding that would probably get Water logged and I'd be pulled under. The thigh support would be awesome though. Kudos to you for gettin in the pool, Dee, no matter what you're wearing whether your birthday suit or full armour. I have got to get back in the water -- I am paying for a Y membership anyway and it is so against my frugal nature to pay for something and not use it.

Banditos!!!

Good morning! I have tried to start a post for about 6 mornings, then get interrupted and busy, then my computer goes into suspense mode, or whatever it is...and poof! My post is gone. I've been trying to keep up with reading them, just really crappy lately at posting. Forgive me, guys! I truly do still think of you every day!

Dee~ I was thinking about RR too...my brother comes in town on the 8th, which would put me in Denver at 12:30 at night...heehee! (Silly redeye! but cheaper.) I think that the dates you put on were for the next week, and I would really like to touch base with you all.

I see that Dynamo finds a man and dissappears??? GOOD FOR HER! GO MICHELLE!:tt1:

Dee, LA, Lap and Tina~think I saw some pics...and I just can't believe the difference. You are doing soooo well. I hope your changes are helping you feel just as great on the inside.

Brandy~ read about your loss too...I'm so excited for you! You are really working your band well!

Mal~ Hi, girlie! How are you doing? I miss you too!!! Can't wait to see you!

I have seen posts from lots and lots of newbies! Congratulations to you all. This is as life altering as getting married, buying a new house, or having children. Sometimes I like to compare it to being "pardoned by the Gov".:tt1:

I did have a bit of a set back in March/April. It took a couple of weeks to shed the almost 10lbs I gained during Easter and vacation. But recently I have started to lose again. And although its only been a few more pounds, my body is starting to change again, even though the scale not so much. I want to work at more loss this summer...

And as for the Dr. K BBQ~~~~~I just can't wait!! You all have to help me lose another 15 lbs before that day. I just have to! That would put me down 100lb. What a great goal and way to honor him that day. (and myself)

Last day of school is May 28! Woo hoo! Then I will probably work another 2 days to close down the kitchen for the summer (clean all the food outta the cooler and do deep cleaning) And then I'm free until August! Yay! Then I'll post until your sick of me! Hahahaha!:tt2:

Well, think I'll get an itty bit of a fill sometime soon. It's hard to schedule now that I'm monday-friday with work. Eeeek! Maybe if I schedule now I'll get in by July??? hahahaha! Just kidding. Are you all getting in sooner now that he has the Assistant?

Sorry so long guys! Have a great day! Miss you all to pieces! :rolleyes:

Edited by Woofay

Hi everybody, just checking in again. Truth be told, I am not on LBT as much. I check in here a few other threads from time to time, but I guess my obsession with thinking/breathing lapband came to an end as I get more used to this lifestyle change.

My new obsession is SparkPeople. I am doing their "Beach Body Challenge" (ha, it's only a month long so it's not like I'm going to get a beach body). It involves doing a different 10-minute video each day and 30 mins of cardio five days of the week. If you log 500 fitness minutes for the month, you're eligible to win $1000. Now that's incentive.

My fantastic DH bought me a Wii as an early birthday present. It is so much fun. You do get a bit of a workout, especially from the boxing. He pre-ordered the Wii Fit for me and I am very excited about it. It looks like it'll be another great exercise tool. I have to keep it fun and interesting!

I love the pictures. Dee (I have been reading your blog), Taynuh (you look so happy!) , L.A. (love your hair!)...anybody I forgot (because I am a flake) you all look so fantastic and are doing so well! Go you guys!

Dynamo, I don't see much from you lately. I hope that means you're having fun with the new man in your life!

Misty, I am in the process of reading your site. So inspirational. Thank you for sharing your story!

I wish I'd done pre-op measurements. Oh well, I will try to do them this weekend sometime. Better late than never.

I don't think I'll make it to Dr. K's BBQ. I am hoping DH and I can get in a vacation this summer and if that involves flying, well, no offense but I'd like to fly somewhere purely for fun. :rolleyes:

Still plugging away...I go for another fill on the 21st and I'm pretty sure I'll need it. Restriction is wearing off from my last fill on 4/18. Feeling pretty strange; I'm down two pants sizes, I have to tighten my bras, so I have physical signs of weight loss. But at the same time, I feel like I don't really see it enough. I keep thinking, OK, maybe when I get to 50 pounds gone it'll seem more real. I know it just takes time to adjust to the new and ever-changing me...

Hope all are well!

Edited by GreenChrysalis