Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Woofay and Lap - Happy Bandiversary! I had mine on April 16th. It is wonderful that my relationship with food is so changed. The evil binger lurks, but there are many more bingeless days in my life. I feel I am an almost normal eater for the first time in my life. Love is wonderful.

Ed is a great guy and we talk and email several times a day and can't wait to get together as often as possible. It sucks that he is 60 miles away, but at the same time, it forces us to continue our commitments to ourselves, gives us time to breath, and time to miss each other terribly - those are a great combo for longlasting love.

My eating has been up and down. It is Passover, heavy cooking, baking, and traditional eating patterns. I don't think that matzo tastes half as good as Easter chocolate eggs do, but I plunged into it all the same, coated with butter of course. I think I got my fix and now I don't seem to want any more of it.

I am happy to try and attend any RR or where ever event.

Hugs and smiles,

Michelle

Angie38..........

happy_anniversary.gif

CONGRATS on hitting goal! Way to go!

Marcy & Dee~Three cheers for you ladies!!! Dee, how did the weekend go? I hope you had a wonderful time visiting with old friends. Marcy, if I don't feel like walking my Buster he will give those Basset Hound eyes and I just can't resist. Once I am out the door we are gone. But I have a problem with fitting into pants. Anything that fits around the waist is baggy in the legs. I was supposed to start back at the gym yesterday but a friend called for a favor...today I am headed back to the gym, me and my son Chris are going to start working out togeher again. He needs to work off some stress.

Sending positive vibes out to all on this fine day!!

I have the same issue with jeans, and I have found a great solution. I get the mid or low rise jeans, and wear them at my waist ( I am short waisted). That way the "waist" is bigger and the rest of the jeans fit great.

Hey Angie.....Here's another one:

anniversary.jpg

I went today to have my 6th fill (or was it 7th? i forget) and they suprised me at the office and gave me a 100 lb loss certificate and a 100 lb lap band pin!

Below is a picture of me, Dr Kirshenbaum (DR K) and my certificate!

ive lost 102 lbs!

Townley.JPG

post-225024-13813136915389_thumb.jpg

Michelle: Woofay and Lap - Happy Bandiversary! I had mine on April 16th. It is wonderful that my relationship with food is so changed. The evil binger lurks, but there are many more bingeless days in my life. I feel I am an almost normal eater for the first time in my life. Love is wonderful.

Ed is a great guy and we talk and email several times a day and can't wait to get together as often as possible. It sucks that he is 60 miles away, but at the same time, it forces us to continue our commitments to ourselves, gives us time to breath, and time to miss each other terribly - those are a great combo for longlasting love.

My eating has been up and down. It is Passover, heavy cooking, baking, and traditional eating patterns. I don't think that matzo tastes half as good as Easter chocolate eggs do, but I plunged into it all the same, coated with butter of course. I think I got my fix and now I don't seem to want any more of it.

I am happy to try and attend any RR or where ever event.

Hugs and smiles,

Michelle>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

GREAT to read this Michelle. Yes, everything happens for a purpose and things can be and should be given their due in time. Congrats on finding love again.

ONE YEAR friends!!!!!!!!! WOO HOO.

I AM a new person. So many habits changed, my thinking has changed. I've met some fabulous people. Life is so much better.

Edited by Lap_dancer

J I repped you for that 100. Way to go!!!!!! LOVE IT. You are doing fabulous!!

From my OA support group. Thoughts on commitment to your food plan and abstinence from binge eating:

.....................................................................................

Yesterday morning I decided to switch up the evening routine, and made a few commitments (easy for me to make in the a.m.....when the day goes on, I lose enthusiasm) as to the evening. My commitments included coming home and getting dinner on plates (leftovers), putting away laundry, and putting on sweats and sneaks. I went to Walmart to get some 'hobby-like' things to do (2 puzzles and a drawing kit thing). I then took my committed one walk around the lake here by my house (roughly 1/2 hour) and I thoroughly enjoyed getting out into the sunshine and fresh air, watching nature, the people, and having a chat or two w/ HP. Needless to say, I was proud of myself and thankful!! I typically get home around 5p and do nothing. I am going to change this!! Even with a run to the store and a quick walk and a few "chores", I was home and back by 6:30p. I wish I could do it again tonight -- but tonight is coffee

w/ my sponsor and then a meeting.

Anyway, long way of getting to the fact that after I ate, I just

wanted more and more (not of my dinner....and believe me, I ate a dinner that was more than enough). A little more than an hour later, I ate TODAY'S Breakfast. And the troubling thing is.....I felt good....full,

content, relaxed and loved (I know that's a weird way to put it, but I just felt "warm", maybe that's the word). So much for making breakfast in advance, the night before. Guess I won't be doing that again!!!

So when I said my prayers today, I was saying I am scared......scared

of going back to bad habits that aren't good for me......and then I

remembered some quote that goes something like

"if you pray, why worry and if you worry, why pray".

So I re-adjusted my head and asked for help, asked "as if", and asked HP to hold me tight, that I KNOW he is there and I need not fear (again....acting "as if").

Wishing you all peace and abstinence today, just one day at a time.

I went today to have my 6th fill (or was it 7th? i forget) and they suprised me at the office and gave me a 100 lb loss certificate and a 100 lb lap band pin!

ive lost 102 lbs!

Townley.JPG

Congratulations John...way to go!! That is a great pic of you and Dr. K. Keep up the great work!! :D

ive lost 102 lbs!

Townley.JPG

Another Bandster Hottie!!!

OOOhh Baby, Ooohh Baby!:):D:lol:

John, You have to come up with a third goal now!

AND tell us how you celebrated your successes!

Dr. K is looking pretty cute too!

xxxooo,

dee~

John~I am soooo proud of your loss!!! WOW, 102 lbs way to go. You look great. So any advice for us?

Lap~I returned my Bare Minerals, it just didn't work for me. I heard so many wonderful things about it and everyone that I know who uses it looks fab, but I just couldn't get it to work for me??? Woofay, I would love to know what make up you use, you always look GREAT!!!

Dynamo~I have returned to the gym....OUCH!! My muscles are sore! I started having problems with toe pain about half way through my walks, so I am not walking as much as I was before. Thought I should at least return to the gym for some strength training. It's like starting all over AGAIN!!!

I hope you get to spend some time with Ed this weekend.

Dee~Can you get the Spanx (is that what it's called?) in store at Target? I think I will check it out this weekend.

Angie~Happy one year anniversary. My one year is coming up, can you believe how quickly the year has flown by?

Book~I have a pair of the low rider capri jeans and they fit great, they are my favorite pair. Now if I can find petite, low cut, plus sized, stretch jeans...

TGIF my banditos!

I was banded by Dr. K on APril 16th, 2008. (Just a few days ago!) I can't believe how kind and helpful his office staff is, and Dr. K himself! He put me at ease in the office and even though I was scared to death sitting in the Pre-Op holding area, he came in with a smile on his face and words of encouragement.

Yes, I am a nurse, but I get scared too! OR is not a fun thing!

I guess maybe the thing I was so impressed about was how caring everyone is. I had a complaint about a nurse and spoke with Dr. K and his staff and really felt like something would be done.

I'm a little sore today, and a lot tired. I've been able to sleep about 2 hours at a time before I have to move around. I'm going to try to take the Lortab only twice a day now - I think that I can get by on just Tylenol during the days.

The Scope patch behind my ear is coming off tomorrow, thank goodness! It's giving me the worst dry mouth ever, and although it staves off nausea, it doesn't help waking up with the worst taste in my mouth! :thumbup:

So anyway - if anyone is looking for a great doctor with a fantastic staff, look at Dr. K ---- If I had to do it again, I'd fly there again in a heartbeat!

In fact, I'll be there on May 29th for my first fill! :)