Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Yeah!! I'm an official BANDITO!!

My surgery was on Tues, Feb 26th. My family and I just got home last night. It was a long ride home.

I love Dr. K and his staff....I felt so welcomed. And Crown Point staff...excellent!

I'm very very sore. I'm afraid to sneeze or cough...it hurts to due both.

I have one question....I feel as if it is hard to stand up straight (muscle pain I guess?) Did anyone else have that? I feel like I'm walking around hunched over. And without a bra...I'm looking very atractive!! :lol: And don't get me started on the gas!!:rolleyes:

Hi Amie! I am so glad that you had a good experience.

I definitely felt like I was hunched over for the first few days and walking at a snail's pace. I'm two weeks out now and my port area is still pretty sore, I can't move my torso in certain ways or too quickly. But it's getting better. You'll get better too. Congratulations!

The gas. Well, it's a whole new experience for me. Sometimes, no matter what I eat or how slowly and carefully I eat it, I end up feeling bloated. It's just not fun. Gas X, warm showers, the heating pad, asking DH to rub my tummy...they all help but it still takes time to pass. Last night, it was time I would've rather been sleeping! I know that I need to move more. I probably need to start walking after dinner, but there's nowhere very nice around my house to walk. I have some walking DVDs, so I guess that's the answer. Get off my butt. :rolleyes:

DREWS!!! Good to hear from you! I actually snuck in for a fill yesterday morning, I was out around 10:40ish...darn, I would have loved to chat at ya' for a few!

So how are you doing?

Great Mal!

You got your fill!!! How do you feel this morning?

Do you do softs or liquids after a fill for a meal or two?

Yeah!! I'm an official BANDITO!!

My surgery was on Tues, Feb 26th. My family and I just got home last night. It was a long ride home.

I love Dr. K and his staff....I felt so welcomed. And Crown Point staff...excellent!

I'm very very sore. I'm afraid to sneeze or cough...it hurts to due both.

I have one question....I feel as if it is hard to stand up straight (muscle pain I guess?) Did anyone else have that? I feel like I'm walking around hunched over. And without a bra...I'm looking very atractive!! :tt2: And don't get me started on the gas!!:lol:

Welcome Ami!

I'm so happy for you! I knew you'd love Dr. K and his staff!! They are very nice!

Yes, I do remember being hunched over for a few days. AND the bra business, my girls weren't made to be out and on their own, so I purchased a 'night bra' from Lane Bryant catalog prior to surgery. Being banded at the same hospital where I work made me feel very uncomforable being wheeled to my car without a bra on! Just not a pretty picture!!

If you have to cough or sneeze brace your tummy with a pillow. It will help a little. I was fine until about 5 days post-op and then I had to cough really hard and it was torture! I'm glad you're home and safe!

AND I'm happy to have you on the Loser's Bench sitting right beside me!

:rolleyes:

Drews - I go on Friday, so I hope your unfill worked today. Are you dropping weight and then need to get an unfill to accommodate it?

Nope, haven't lost weight in months. Derby is back in season and I'm skating 7 hours a week again and I need to be able to eat more. I have been PB'ing and getting stuck A LOT and it was time for an unfill. Going out for a steak dinner tonight!

Tom did my unfill and I LOVE him! I'm a Tom girl from now on! :rolleyes:

Hi all -

I'm almost out the door to see our dear doctor, however, I'm not sure if I get Dr. K or Tom. It sounds good either way. I'm glad he has help, so we don't get stuck at appts. I'll be back here later.

Bye,

Michelle

L.A., glad to hear from you and so glad that you're doing well. Yay! Getting in that Water is challenging. I have to make myself remember to fill my glass. I really like Crystal Light. At work I use the "on the go" packets so that I can decide if I want water or flavored water. I also like to put lemon or lime slices in my water at home just to mix it up. I hope you tell us how your first fill went.

Well, last night was monumental for me. First mushy! I had some soupy refried Beans and some guacamole. It was so delicious. Maybe not the brightest thing to choose something that normally gives me gas (pinto beans!) when I already get bloated/gassy very easily. The problem is that today my gut is making little noises and I have to, um, hit the bathroom for relief. I work in a very quiet office with one other person so it's not like I can blame it on somebody else. :rolleyes:

My challenge is to walk more. I know it will help with the bloat/gassiness. But I have the usual excuses. It's cold outside. Where will I walk? I could walk the length of my street and back, at least. I live on a street with a cul-de-sac but it's off a fairly busy street. I have a walking DVD (Leslie Sansone) but that gets old really fast. Maybe I need more of 'em...

Hope everyone is well!

Lap~Congrats! and I sure hope the doc's can find out a way to make you feel better.

Dynamo~GREAT idea, we should all sign a card from the RR Banditos!....picture included, of course (another good idea, Dee).

Hi everyone!

I have a quick question...I was banded on 2/6, and I REALLY want to start using the elliptical...can I start exercising now??? I think Dr. K said 1 month...but it's pretty darn close...I'm still at 18 lbs weight loss but I'd like to jump start that.

Thanks for your advice.

Lindsay

Dee~Yup, I called yesterday morning and left a message with the voicemail and Marilyn called me early...I got in at 10:00ish. Tom did my fill, he is great. He is a wonderful addition to the already great Dr. K group. I am soooo happy that I got a fill and I think we found a good spot. Usually takes me a couple days or a week to feel my fills??? I probably should do liquids for a couple days, but I don't.

Drews~yummmm, steak is my favorite...ribeye!! I have no problems eating steak. I hope your unfill helps out.

linz~I would think that you are okay to start the elliptical, but maybe you should call and ask Dr. K first. Better safe....

I would stick to the one month if I were you.

I know that soft tissue takes 3-4 weeks to heal.

But if you really want to start, give Natalie a call,

I'm sure she knows the answer.

Good Luck!

dee~

Mal,

I'm glad you got your fill. I hope this is your sweet spot. I'm also glad to hear that Tom is a good egg!

It's comforting to know that he's joined the Dr K A-team!

Drews!!!!! So good to hear from you! Time for Derbying again! Yup...your gonna need some kcals! Hey...pleeez eat a bite of steak for me...I miss it!

Amie! Congrats on being banded! Yay! You're going to love the journey! The gas thing, well, for some of us its ongoing since being banded. Not the painful, bloated, upper abdomine thing necessarily...but the 4 in the morning orchestra...oh my! I'd never been like that before unless I ate something questionable. But now its pretty much every night. (bet everyone wanted to know that!:biggrin2:) Some things are just worth the price! Congrats again!

Drews!!!!! So good to hear from you! Time for Derbying again! Yup...your gonna need some kcals! Hey...pleeez eat a bite of steak for me...I miss it!

Amie! Congrats on being banded! Yay! You're going to love the journey! The gas thing, well, for some of us its ongoing since being banded. Not the painful, bloated, upper abdomine thing necessarily...but the 4 in the morning orchestra...oh my! I'd never been like that before unless I ate something questionable. But now its pretty much every night. (bet everyone wanted to know that!:biggrin2:) Some things are just worth the price! Congrats again!

So Anita are you telling us that you are now a musician every night?

Playing a tune for the hubby?

j/k