Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Dee -- Sandra was lucky to have you for a friend. I'm sure she is smiling down on you and is appreciative of the efforts your making for her children. The journal is a wonderful idea. You've probably got stories about their mom that no one else knows and that they will treasure in the years to come! Staying in touch with the kids through their high school, college, wedding, grandchildren years will give them a much needed connection to their mom. You're a good egg, Miss Dee, I hope you know that. We need more Dees in the world.

Shel, You're too sweet. Sandra touched my life many years ago as a new nurse and one of my preceptees. She was funny and caring. We spent so many nights working in that NCU. I feel so sad for her husband and children. She was a good Mom and her children were so well mannered. I hope I can make a difference in their lives so that the sting of losing their Sweet Mommy will be a little less painful.

I think we need more Moms in this world like Sandra.

Love,

dee~

I feel like a chicken with my head cut off!!!

I've been running around like a mad woman trying to get everything together for my trip this weekend. My husband, mom, daughter and I are headed to Colorado early Sunday morning!!!! :thumbup: Wooohoooo...I'm soooo excited!!!

My surgery is on Tuesday at Parker. Wish me luck!!

Those of you in Colorado....what are they saying the weather will be like the next few days?

Can't wait to actually meet Dr. K and his staff.

The weather is going to be nice...60 tomorrow when you come in, the middle of the week 40's and 50's, maybe a little snow on Tuesday.

Have a safe trip!

Amieru, Wishing you a safe trip and a smooth proceedure with speedy recovery! See the CO sites while you're there -- I wish I had! You are in good hands with our beloved Dr. K -- no worries. Don't forget to check in & let us know how you're doing next week. :thumbup:

Brandy & Tina -- how are those 3rd fills working out for you? I'm going to my local doc for my 3rd fill on 3/3. (Maybe the 3's will be lucky and I'll hit that sweet spot? Maybe I should ask for .3?) I really just feel like I need a smidgen (is that a word?) more to be really good. I can eat too much at one sitting and get hungry too soon, but I still PB very easy....so, maybe just a little tiny bit would do it. Maybe the third time will be the charm:thumbs_up:

I feel like a chicken with my head cut off!!!

I've been running around like a mad woman trying to get everything together for my trip this weekend. My husband, mom, daughter and I are headed to Colorado early Sunday morning!!!! ;) Wooohoooo...I'm soooo excited!!!

My surgery is on Tuesday at Parker. Wish me luck!!

Those of you in Colorado....what are they saying the weather will be like the next few days?

Can't wait to actually meet Dr. K and his staff.

Amieru!

Congrats on your upcoming surgery!

You're going to do great! Look how well you've done with your pre-op diet! WOW!

The weather should be nice for you, it might snow lightly on Tuesday.

Are you staying close to the Parker Surgicenter? I work at that hospital, but I'll be at Dr. K's on Tuesday having my first fill! What time is your surgery? My appt is at 10am.

Amieru!

Congrats on your upcoming surgery!

You're going to do great! Look how well you've done with your pre-op diet! WOW!

The weather should be nice for you, it might snow lightly on Tuesday.

Are you staying close to the Parker Surgicenter? I work at that hospital, but I'll be at Dr. K's on Tuesday having my first fill! What time is your surgery? My appt is at 10am.

Thanks for all the well wishes.

My surgery is scheduled for 1:00pm. My family and I are actually staying at Quality Suites Denver Tech Center. I got a GREAT deal booking on Hotels.com...$300 for 2 queens for 4 nights. I thought that was pretty good. Only 15 mins from both Dr. K's office and Parker.

Good luck with your first fill!!

OMG, guys! I'm flippen sick again! This is the third time since the first week of January. (and the last flu was 2 weeks for all of us!) So, I spent today (or at least 3 hours of it) in urgent care. The Doc said I have a raging sinus infection. My throat is all swollen and I can barely swallow. Never had that before with a sinus infection. These meds he has given me are huge! I was scared at first, but they seem to be doing okay. Nothing is painful with them as of yet.

So, do any of you think that maybe I'm not getting enough Vitamins or I'm not eating healthy enough? Or is it purely a fluke that I'm getting sick all the time? Hummmm?

Well, good luck to you all! I'm waiting for my hubby to get home with some soup....broccoli cheese...yummy! Hopefully it will go down this throat. That hangy down thingy in the back of my throat (uvula?) is the size of my thumb.;) I'm supposed to get real hydrated to loosen up my head..but my throat hurts and these meds have already started the runs....rats! Easier said than done!

Have a great night all! :)

Anita,

You poor girl!

I have a theory why you might be getting sick, here goes:

When did you start working at the school?

I remember when I started working in the Pediatrics Office, I was sick every single month. I'd get well and then a week later, I'd be sick again! It lasted for about a year and then I never got sick again. I think that you might be picking up a lot of bugs from the kids at school. These are things that you're being exposed to that your body doesn't have immunity for. Just a thought of mine, because when I was working in Peds, I was sick as a dog!

Brocolli Cheddar is my favorite soup! I loved it when I was on my full liquids! In fact, I just bought one for when I get my first fill. I plan to do fulls for a day or two afterwards.

Does anyone do liquids the day before a fill?

I noticed your ticker moved again! 72!!! Congrats! I wish you felt better!!!

Sorry!

Woofay - I know that around here (west Texas) we are having the worst flu epidemic in forever, so maybe that's what is going on with you? The flu has lasted about 1.5 to 2 weeks, gotten better for 3 to 5 days, and then relapsed for another week or so. I've had students out of school for weeks at a time, there aren't enough subs to fill in for all the teacher absences, and the waiting room at the emergency room and the urgent care is taking 8-12 hours. Its crazy.

Be sure you are taking plenty of Vitamin C for your immune system and zinc will help dry you up some. Theraflu was my best friend for about 3 weeks! I'm so sorry to hear about your prolonged illness...wish I had better advice for you!

(I know you don't know me from a hole in the wall, but when I decided I was going to have the surgery with Dr. K I started browsing the threads, so I kinda know yall.)

OK - on a different note - I did the worst thing a newbie to be could do...I read posts for a few hours in the "problems" section. Does anybody know Dr. K's rate of removals? I'm terrified that something will go wrong and I'll be out 10,000 dollars plus the cost of removal.

Good morning, All! Thanks for the advice...I think the gunk in my head is finally starting to loosen up.

I bet your right, Dee. Kids are so germy. And you know what? I haven't had the chicken pox yet. And, because of that, my kids haven't been vaccinated either. We plan to all three get vaccinated for them in June (since I finally found a place that would vaccinate an adult!) and the chance of a slight case of them from the vaccine is probable. Remember how I said I always worked in geriatrics? I was sick a lot for my first few years of that too. Then at 23 I had my tonsils out and I became a hand washing freak and stopped getting sick so often. Thanks for noticing my ticker. It's actually lower than that right now, but I know its just because I'm sick. It will go back up... Almost to Onederland....I'll be on here just hooten' when it finally happens!

Hi, Cara! Welcome to the board! Yup. If you've read much of this thread, you know us pretty good! If I remember correctly, Dr K has only removed one band...and that was because the person just refused to live the bandster way and she wasn't happy with it...not that there was anything wrong with it. I think. I could be wrong about this. Ask him. He'll tell ya. And I think he's had complications like 5 times. And that would be with leaking ports. I think now he is usuing a different style of band that makes it harder to hit the tubing with a needle, so even that should go down. It was more of a design issue with the older style bands.

Sorry I haven't posted more, I miss you guys! This working and being sick crap is really effecting my computer time....rats! It takes almost as much time to get my kids where they need to be as my whole shift is. It's about 2 and a half hours of driving to work a 5 hour shift.(if chris isn't off for the day) EEEEK!:lol:

Okay...I'm done whining! Have a great day!

OMG, guys! I'm flippen sick again! This is the third time since the first week of January. (and the last flu was 2 weeks for all of us!) So, I spent today (or at least 3 hours of it) in urgent care. The Doc said I have a raging sinus infection. My throat is all swollen and I can barely swallow. Never had that before with a sinus infection. These meds he has given me are huge! I was scared at first, but they seem to be doing okay. Nothing is painful with them as of yet.

So, do any of you think that maybe I'm not getting enough Vitamins or I'm not eating healthy enough? Or is it purely a fluke that I'm getting sick all the time? Hummmm?

Well, good luck to you all! I'm waiting for my hubby to get home with some soup....broccoli cheese...yummy! Hopefully it will go down this throat. That hangy down thingy in the back of my throat (uvula?) is the size of my thumb.:lol: I'm supposed to get real hydrated to loosen up my head..but my throat hurts and these meds have already started the runs....rats! Easier said than done!

Have a great night all! :laugh:

Anita I finished 10 days of Amoxicillin only to have a relapse three days later...I never really got over it. So home sick for three days last week, in the whole weekend. My sinuses were barking. Now I'm on a 14 day series of *** name escapes me, the kicker antibiotic. Been DOG SICK.:lol: Have not been this sick in ...can't remember.

Dropping in to say hello to all. Doing great. Still at my sweet spot!!! Weight loss has slowed some since I got sick a month ago. Hard to find anything worth eating too. Hopefully by next week I'll be back in my old shoes and feeling normal again.

Wellness to all!

Woofay and Lap~you gals have been through HELL and back with the "sickies". I hope you both are feeling better soon. Do you take a multi daily? Did you get your flu shot? I know that is not the answer, I was just curious. I take a Multivitamin, but I don't get enough fruits and veggies in me. I found a list the other day. The eight things you should eat everyday. I'll see if I can find the article, but here are the 8 foods.

1. Blueberries

2. Oats

3. Carrots

4. Yogurt

5. Walnuts

6. Tomatos

7. Spinach

8. Blackbeans

I remember when I first started working around children, I was constantly sick for almost 2 years. I had got strep if the wind blew in my direction, sinus infections were like a monthly thing for me. I was on antibiotics WAY too much! I got my tonsils out, I haven't been sick since(knock on wood)!

I hope you two feel better soon and the evil bugs stays away!

FEEL BETTER SOON!