Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

VABandster~ good luck with your fill. Here's hoping its hit on the first shot and filled to the perfect restriction! At least you'll be with us tonight and you can see how tight it is before you head back.

I've missed all of you. Darn, I wish I could be there at Red Robbin tonight! You'll be in my thoughts for sure!

I see we have some new friends too! That's awesome. Don't feel discouraged by my lack of progress...

My weight loss has been slow, but I am not discouraged. I found out I had a flipped port in April, that I couldn't get fixed until the end of July. Got that fixed, got my 3rd fill, started losing again. Went in for my next fill with a local Dr. He wanted to do the upper GI and check that my band was where it should be etc..(which was fine with me) before my fill with him. I had that all scheduled for mid September, then I found out I was preggers!! Well, no x-rays for me now...=O)

So, here I am almost a year later, and only down 40 lbs! But I'll take it. Hopefully after baby arrives, I'll get my band fills going again, and the weight will start melting away... :)

Have fun at Red Robin. It's good to see everyone is doing so well and "finding themselves" - with meds, counseling, whatever to get better!

Dynamo (Michelle)

Mal (Malani)

Drews (Amy)

VABandster(Kirsten) and sister

Bookholder (help ----sorry I forgot)

Tied2bfit (Dee)

Mare5569 (Marilyn)

Woofay (Anita)

According to the weatherman, we won't get snow until late. So, hope to see you all.

Anyone else want to meet a great group of bandsters???

I-25 and Arapahoe Road - go west one block, 7 pm.

Woofay - Whoopeeeeeeeeeee! you are doing it sweetie. Yes, the peppermint bark sounds great, but skinny is sounding greater. Good for you. Can't wait to see you. I like that drive between the Springs and Denver too!

See you all tonight. Let us know if you are not coming otherwise we will book a table for 9! Wow, our support group is growing. It will be so fun to meet you, VA bandster and sister.

Hugs,

Michelle

Congrats to all you new bandsters! And don't worry, the pain does get better. I am sleeping in my own bed, on my side and my stomach a week later!

Everyone have fun at RR tonight!

And by the way Mona, you had me laughing so hard I almost busted my stitches out I think!!:biggrin1:

Mona~HYSTERICAL!!! I Love it!

Gals:

I am going to try to get to RR tonight, it seems like every time we have a meeting there happens to be some Drama in my life...I will try to make it.

Hey Ladies!! Man....I'm SUCH an Idiot!!! I don't know WHY oh WHY did I wait so long to go see Dr. K!????? Geesh....I feel Sooo much better now that I've seem him and I'm confident my weight loss will pick up again! *phew*!! I had him see how much was in there. I should have been at 3.5 but was at 3 when he emptied me out. So he put the 3 back in plus .75 so I think I'll have great restriction now! :) I had some mushy beans/beef out of a burrito (didn't eat the tortilla part) for lunch and it was OK and I'm feeling full still! YIPPEE!

Can't wait to see you tonight! My sister (diana) and I will be there at 7!

Tarheel~ I'm sorry your so sore! Everyone takes this so differently...here's hoping the pain meds work well and its over soon....cuz you know what??? YOUR A BANDSTER NOW!!!!! WOOHOO! You're so on your way! Congrats!!!!

Munchkin~ I'm glad your feeling better! What are you thinking of your band? I know its new...but it makes you think while you are recovering.

Brandy~ are ya out there?! How did it go? How are you feeling? Did ya get banded?! Let us know when your feeling up to posting! Congrats!

I'll be seeing some of you tonight....Mare....are you out there? Are you coming tonight? I hope so! You haven't posted in so long. Hope all is well and we can catch up tonight! See you soon!

oh ya...bookholder....are you coming? You haven't posted in forever either! Hope to see everyone there tonight!:)

I have been out there lurking, reading everyone's posts. Mona that was so damn funny, wish I could have been in the hall just then. Yes I am planning to come tonight, wouldn't miss it. Everyone has so much going on in their lives right now, my life is boring in comparrison. See you all tonight. :whoo:

I am at the hotel in PAIN! What was I thinking????? I will write more tomorrow when I can see straight.

Mona,

I wrote you a post in another thread-hang in there, it will get better. Last week, the day after surgery, I wanted to die by the time I got home from the airport. Everyday has been a little better. Take your pain meds and rest. And of course sip and walk! I don't feel totally 100% yet, but I plan on going back to work tomorrow, so I definantly feel much better than I did a week ago, because I couldn't have even thought about work then.

Woofay,

Hmmm...I'm not sure what I think of the band yet. I can tell I'm definantly tighter when I first wake up. It takes several hours before I'm actually hungry. I can tell the difference between head hunger and physical hunger now. I haven't had any bad episodes of sliming or PB'g yet. I did eat too much one night and was fairly uncomfortable for about 3 hours. The worst time is night for me, I seem to get awfully hungry at night. I guess time will tell. I haven't lost any weight yet, but I know that's common until you get your first fill, so I just have to be patient. I did lose 15 pounds prior to surgery, so I can't complain. I am eating much healthier now that I have the band, so I guess that is what counts. The one "head hunger" item I can't seem to part with is ice cream (and I knew that would be my hardest thing to part with, I could live on ice cream...). I have been good so far though...

Everyone, I hope you had fun tonight at RR. I've been thinking of you and I wish I could be there, it would have been a blast! Maybe I will try to get there for my fill when you have your RR get together next month!:)

Munchkin...sorry we missed you last night!!

Everyone else...Drew, Michelle, John, Dee, Patricia and Anita....It was sooo nice to meet you all!!! I had a great time meeting you all! Thanks for scheduling it while I was in town! :scared:

The snow is finally falling but my sister and I are heading to some Tea House in Boulder that is supposed to be really cool. Should be fun!

Talk to you all later!