Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Mal - I am soooooo sorry for your loss. Our pets are parts of our families, your house will feel empty, did you put away all his stuff? That helps not to see it, but nothing really takes away the pain. At least you spared your wonderful companion a painful end. Seeing them in pain is the worst. Sometimes I think we are kinder to our pets than people, so bless you for loving him enough to decide for a peaceful ending.

Man - I'm with Woofay - I'd be chugging the ice cream, be kind to yourself. Hugs! Know that we really care about you.

Michelle

thank you soooo much, it is nice to hear such caring words. His things are put away.

Of course walking in to our home was very difficult. He was always at the door so excited to see us...how does one deal with the pain??

I have been thinking about getting another dog too, my family says they are ready, I think that will help. Our Buddy was the center of our home. The last two days sure have seemed like months!

Thanks

I'm here! (and feel like a giant dumbass!)

I ahve been so stressed out with derby lately! I saw my ortho doc Thursday morning, he cleared me to return to practice. i left work early to go to my last PT appointment and got home early. I laid down to take a little nap before I left to meet you all and didn't wake up until after 8pm!! I never do that!

Anyway... just wanted you all to know that I'm not a flake... I swear!! :):o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o

Nah...just kidding! tee hee!:)

I'm here! (and feel like a giant dumbass!)

I ahve been so stressed out with derby lately! I saw my ortho doc Thursday morning, he cleared me to return to practice. i left work early to go to my last PT appointment and got home early. I laid down to take a little nap before I left to meet you all and didn't wake up until after 8pm!! I never do that!

Anyway... just wanted you all to know that I'm not a flake... I swear!! :):o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o

:)

One more week and my port will be fixed! Yippee!!!!!

:clap2::clap2::whoo::clap2::clap2:

:bandit

Shesha - yeah!!! that is good news!

Mal - I think a dog is the answer. you will still grieve and miss your baby, but it takes the sting out.

Drews - ok - you have different priorities, like sleep, I guess. We missed you!

Woofay - where are you? Are you keeping cool?

marcy - How are you doing?

I spent 5 hours in Home Depot putting together my remodel materials. Then go to order the toilet and sink, and find out that the last delivery truck brought in all broken stuff, so I will have to go to another Home Depot to get the stuff, and 5 bullnose tiles that they didn't have at this one. Also they were out of the toilet seat, but i really am not complaining, I am glad to be moving forward. It was even hot inside the Home Depot. I cleared out shelving space in the garage for the stuff and put the tile that I bought and other stuff away. I found these really cool little glass tiles that are irredesant that I am putting into a patterned band inside the round glass shower. Should look really good. Considering I must have walked 5 miles around that place - I didn't feel guilty about not exercising. But tomorrow is a different story.

I'll post pictures of before and after for you all.

Otherwise, I have been painting up a storm for the August Wine Festival. Good therapy because when I paint I don't eat. Well...

Hugs to all, keep cool, and stay on the path,

my band reeeeeeealy has restriction and I have to be careful what I put into my mouth. This is good.

DynamoMini~ Glad to see your getting your bathroom stuff together. Exciting isn't it! And your working hard on your Ladies! Gotta see one of those. Trying to stay cool. It has been warm, and this house doesn't have AC, so I constantly fill my little coolers. It's a little effort (each one holds about 4 gals of Water and goes through about a gallon every hour and a half and I have 3 of them. I look like the line up of people handing the bucket of water off to put the fire out!) But they manage to keep it no warmer than 78 in here. Hey, I noticed your ticker is moving!!!! Yeah for you!! You should feel so good about that! Hey, you know what!!!??? We're really doing it! :clap2:

Shesha! You're port will be fixed in no time! That is so great for you! (Still wish there was time to get together...:think)

Mal~How are you doing? Were you thinking of any particular breed for a new puppy? I used to believe in getting pets from the humane society or the pound, but up here there isn't anything but pitbulls. So I researched breeds and kennels. That's how I came to get my Miss Molly. Never had a purebread with papers before.

Drews!! FLAKE, FLAKE, FLAKE!!!! LOL! :biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1:

Marcy~ how are you doing? Is the Soup going down okay?

Well, guys, I get another fill today. I'm not really scared or anything, but for some reason there is a bit of apprehension. Do we try the swallow thing again or just go by amounts? Obviously 1.7cc is too much. Maybe like 1cc? Wonder what the Doc thinks?

Have a great day! I'll keep you posted on this one! hee hee!

Woofay - you are just part of the Dr. k. experiment on fills. I laughed with him when we found out I had a lot less in my band than he thought he put in. I think those misses are tricky. It is trial and error to get to a good spot. Yes my ticker is moving a bit. I'm at 196 in the mornings now, three days in a row, so I'll take it. Staying cool is an effort. My swamp cooler works when it is dry, but it has been kinda muggy by Denver standards, I am great if I stay under the fan in the family room. I am getting really excited about the remodel. New looking digs, just for me. Special. I worry I am overextending, but everything in my neighborhood has sold for a lot of money, so my equity is a good bet.

Hugs to you Mal, hope your puppy search is a good one. I have the cutest dogs that love kids, don't shed and are wonderful companions - they are shih tzus. You do have to get them groomed.... which reminds me. I'll try to post a picture.

Marcy - hope you are healing well, way up north.

Drews - can't imagine what I want to say to you..... hey...hey...hey

Mal - I'm so sorry to hear about your dog. I have to say that I'm so proud of you for choosing euthanasia...my parents let my dog suffer for YEARS before he finally collapsed in incredible pain...I still have issues with it. (His last years were not pretty and did him a terrible disservice.) I know he's happy you let him go painlessly! I also have to give you something to smile about...Stormy, my little girl is dancing to your dancing banana...it's super cute!

Anita - Good luck with the fill...I'd say take it slow, you're near town so you can get adjustments a lot easier!

Let's see...I'm a week out now. I haven't used any meds in a few days, but have some swelling...lookin' pregnant! Saturday I woke up dizzy! I called the office and was told by Dr. McVey (sp?) to go to the ER if it didn't clear up soon. It had been >12 hrs since my last Vicodin. I had some broth and Water and seemed to "clear up" after about an hour...scary and weird though. I surrmized that I hadn't eaten much on Friday and the drugs probably just sat there in my system. Needless to say, that's my last dose of Vicodin! Dr. K called yesterday to check on my and seems pleased with my progress.

I'm back in Nome now and feeling ok. I spend all Sunday in bed, just resting, and needed it! Now (thanks to the EXCELLENT planning of my dear, sweet husband) I am alone with the kids until Saturday. I farring ok so far and have lots of friends available for help so I'm not worried.

I'm eating oatmeal for Breakfast and Soup for other meals (I have some Nutrisystem Soups that I like and I just puree the chunks out). It's cool here and I've noticed I'm not drinking enough so I'll have to step that up today.

I lost one more chicken, but the others seem to be doing well...I just might have a few chicken dinners at the end of the summer!

Hi All!

I am feeling terriblely sad and I don't want to drag anyone down. Thanks for all the wonderful thoughts. Saturday and Sunday were the worst days of my life, I just can't believe how difficult this is for me. Each breath I take literally hurts and I cry alot!

We did get another puppy, he is adorable! We just got him last night and he does help ease the heartache. He is a Bassett Hound, just like my Buddy was, but a different color. The boys have named him Buster (because they were hungry as we drove past Dave and Buster's).

Dynamo~thank you so much for the advice, I really appreciate it and you were right, I needed another puppy to love. I am such a "needy" person, that is exactly what I needed. Good luck on your remodeling, I should be doing some too...tooo much work!!

Marcy~Sounds like you are doing well. Remember to drink, walk, drink, walk, drink!!! Sorry about your baby chick.

Woofay~hope you are staying cool! I am a baby when it comes to airconditioning. Even a BIGGER baby when I get my electric bill. My bill for last month was $234.00!!! YIKES!!! and that is just the electric part!!! This new furnace better make some kind of difference next month!!!

Drews~ glad to hear that you are doing well too! I have the Roller Dolls on my calendar for this Friday, I would love to go and take my father, he loves it!! If we go, will you give us an autograph??? You are a "Superstar"!!

Lapdancer~how is your fill treating you? How are things working out with your daughter? We would like to hear from you!!!

I just wanted to drop in and say "hey", I hope my spirits lift soon, I don't like this at all!!!

I am scheduled to report to school for inservice 7 days after my surgery. Do you think that is reasonable?

8675309 - I was a teacher for 31 years and i think you'll be able to do the inservice. Usually it is a lot of sitting and talking. You'll be fine. Make sure to wear comfortable clothes, when I sat the waists could hurt a week out from surgery. Good luck - hope you have a good class.

Mal - I am so relieved that you got a puppy. You need one in your life. Buster won't replace but stimulate other kinds of caring. Have fun!

Woofay - yuck this weather. I have bill averaging on my electric bill, because being retired that helps, but it is still a lot per month. Teach me to have a big house with gas forced air. The AC isn't even on, just the swamp cooler and I pay $280 a month.

My fill is really helping me slow down and eat less. Yeah!!!! I have to really do the bandster eating rules and drink my Protein Shakes. Paula said that 1000 calories were probably enough for me. I was pushing 1400, so that is why my loss has been slower. We'll see.

Marcy - sorry about the chick. I was swollen for a month and a half. Sometimes I wonder if I am still swollen, but I think my belly is big. Hope the kids are "perfect" and your friends take them out and run them around for you. I was tired after surgery.

Hugs all, off to Mah Jongg. I don't know why I am not alerted when you post now, I used to be. This site is a pain, but a lovable one. I appreciate the kind words and good feeling expressed here.

Oh Mal! I am sorry to hear about your Buddy! It's good that you got a new Buster though! I can't wait to see pictures!