Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

You should ask him to give you a small fill when he is working on your port, that's what I did when he replaced my port. That way you may not have to get your sore belly poked again...unless you are too tight!

Just a thought.

Hey Woofay!

Thanks! Yes, it's odd that my butt is getting smaller, since I have always been an 'apple' and not a "pear". After I had my baby though, my bottome widened - yay for me:phanvan, so I am glad it looks smaller.

I will only be in town a few hours. I fly in Sunday afternoon and fly home that monday, only a few hours after surgery.:) Yes, I am nuts. My sis will be on the flight with me, and I am flying to our local airport - as opposed to driving home from Milwaukee or Minneapolis - a 3 hour drive- as I usually do. I'll just recover on the plane! I really wish I could meet everyone though. I'll let you know when I am in town for my next fill. Maybe we can meet up then??

Hopefully Dr. K. is going to do a fill after I recover from the surgery. My surgery is at 11:00 and I have an appt at his office at 2:45 for the fill, if I feel up to it.:clap2:

OMG! Okay everyone...alert the media! I have finally lost another pound! It's only been forever! I know, its only one, but maybe there will be some change before I go to the Doc tomorrow. Woo hoo, I finally get to change my ticker...{tear rolling down face}

Ha ha ha! Have a great day everyone...hope the trip speeds up for you Marcy!

Congrats on the moved up date, JenniferNAz! I got my date early because it was Friday The 13th and someone cancelled due to that. I said, that will be my lucky day and took the date! Have a great trip! (even with your dad:))

CONGRATS Woofay!! It is soooooo wonderful to see the scale move(in the correct direction). Goodbye pound!!! Never come back!!!!

Good for you!!!

Woofay - Congratulations! A pound down is a pound down - you are going the right direction.

I have to get myself back on track. My food choices have gone haywire and I have found myself eating reeses Peanut Butter cups, yes I logged them, but OMG have some control! I haven't exercised because of spraining my ankle, but I think i will go tomorrow, come hell or high Water, my ankle's swelling is down and I have have to move or go nuts. My appt is on Thursday for Dr. K and Paula, I think it is good, I have to look at what I am doing and get focused again.

I am so happy for you!

Mal - how are you doing since your fill? Are the pounds sliding off?

Ok - I will be at the Red Robin on Arapahoe and I25 at 7 pm Thursday night. Bring lots of pictures. Who is going to be there?

Hugs to all,

Michelle

Dynamo~YES!!!! The pounds are sliding off. I had to weigh myself three times this morning. I lost 8 pounds in a week??!!! Is that even possible??? I am gong to weigh myself again later just to make sure!

Dynamo allow yourself to heal missy, don't want you on the injured list for a longer amount of time!!!

Red Robin, Thursday at 7:00, I'll be there, with pictures...Family and Vegas!

I am soooo bummed...I had to shell out $5,000.00 for a new furnace/air conditioner today! I sure would rather spend my money on something else, but what can ya' do???

I guess I need to find a second job to pay for this...LOL!!!

First of all...I have finally decided to go with "Dr. K" for my surgury. Everything I have read has been very positive (minus the overworked, busy women in his office and the office decor). I think I can get passed that if the Dr. is as great as everyone says. I think I'm shooting for surgery the first part of September. Got to make sure all my $$ are in place ya know :)

I have a few more questions for you ladies.

Did the Dr. put you on any pre-op diets?

What type of pre- or post-op meds does he prescribe?

How does he determine what size band you need?? (I didn't even know there were different sizes until reading another thread).

Thanks for all the help.

Amie ;)

Hi Amie,

Good choice with Dr. K. I have been very pleased with everything so far. I am still quite a newbie though. I have a good friend that is a GI Dr. and he sends some surgical patients to Dr. K and I also have a cousin that is a GI nurse, she says that Dr. K is highly respected as a surgeon (she approved that I had my LB done with him and she is a tough cookie to please).

Dr K has us on a two week Atkins pre op diet, it was a breeze.

He prescribes liquid pain meds, suppositories (anti-neausa), he has you purhase some Hybicleans (to clean your abdomen area for a couple days prior)...I think that was it?????

I think he waits to see what band to put in once he gets in there.

Both the pre op and post op diets are pretty mild compared to some others that I have read about, and for me the post op diet was the hardest part. I just could not wait to eat again, but he moves us along fairly quickly.

I hope that helps a little, I hope I got all the info right....if I didn't, someone will help fill in the blanks or correct me.

Thanks for lookin' out for me, Amy. Yes, he offered to do that too! I think I'll talk to him before the surgery to see what the best plan is, then play it by ear. I think I'll have him fill me up a little while he's doing the surgery, that way, incase I am unable to get a fill afterwards, I will still have a little more restriction! We'll see how it goes... ;)

You should ask him to give you a small fill when he is working on your port, that's what I did when he replaced my port. That way you may not have to get your sore belly poked again...unless you are too tight!

Just a thought.

Good morning, All! Mal, congratulations on the numbers moving! I'm so happy for you!

Well, today is fill'er up day! I really hope this does the trick. And I don't know about up there in Denver today, but we are having some crappy weather here in the Springs. We are having 40 mph winds and its cloudy and cold. I don't know if I'll ever get used to the weather here in Colorado. But at least I can wear some of my warmer clothes I just bought this last January, seeing as how I really hope they don't fit this next winter. ;)

Marcy has her surgery this moring! Let's all send our good vibes her way.

:gluck:

Have a great day everyone!

Hello guys, well I just saw the tyra show about plastic surgeries and I have decided to go with Dr.K. Its scary out there in Mexico... I am sure a lot of people feel great, but I am alone and traveling to Mexico is scarring me. So finally I call Dr.K office today, let see how everything goes.

Wanted to ask you guys, who do they finance thru? and how does everything go when your out of state?

thnks guys for any support!!!

Hi Woofay~How did your fill go? The entire process is soooo weird! I hope this is the fill that you have been looking for. Your weight loss is great! How do you know when you need another fill???...do you find that you are eating more than you should be or do you find yourself hungry more often that you should be???

Marcy~I am sure that all went well and you are now recovering! Welcome to Bandland!! Congratulations!! Take good care of yourself and allow your body to heal.

Hi Jessica,

Welcome and congratulations on your decision to go with Dr. K. So was Tyra talking about the Lapband?...interesting

I don't know about the financing part, sorry not much help there, maybe someone else can anwer that. He has a lot of patients from out of state, I am a local so I can't really help you there either....I just wanted to welcome you and wish you well on your journey!

Preview Hi, Mal! I'm back. What an interesting fill this was. I was supposed to be at 2.9cc. Well, he started the fill and I could tell no difference and he kept adding and adding. When we got to a certain point that I felt a difference, he said he wanted to calibrate this time. So he said that he wanted to pull all of it out and see how much was there. So he did. And after today's fill I was at 2.1cc confused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gif So I asked him "where did all the rest of the Fluid go?" He says, "that's a very good question." So, I may have a leak. Rats. So I have another appointment in a month so he can see what is in there. Or another possibility is that the first fill missed the port. I had a lot of scar tissue and fluid with the first fill. Lets hope that is what it is. So I get home, because my 2:15 appointment wasn't over until 4:15 and I got home at 5:30, and I've only had a small hamburger patty for Breakfast, I'm starving. I tried some of my left over tuna casserol from last night. Two very small bites chewed to pudding and it is not going down. It's still there feeling like a golf ball. How long will it stay there? It's been like 10 minutes. Lordy I wish I'd just PB and get it over with. I guess you could say it's tight now! Too tight. Hafta see where it goes from here. If it gets looser and looser I supposed I have a leak, eh? If it stays this tight for too long, I'll hafta go and have some taken out. Fickle, aren't I??? Hahahabiggrin1.gif Anyways, can't wait to see you all on Thursday! Let's see if I get to eat anything! Ha! Soup for me! (okay, the golf ball is starting to lessen, but it's not gone!) Talk to you all later

Marilyn~Of course you can come to Red Robin!!! We all would love to meet you.

Woofay~OMG!!! I can't believe your appointment today! That woud explain why you always felt like you didn't have restriction??? I hope you don't have a leak...what would cause a leak? would he have to replace your port if it is a leak?? I sure wish he did the fluro fills. Why couldn't he check your fill with a fluro thing, wouldn't that show if there was a leak. I am praying that your first fill was a miss, again wouldn't the fluro have shown that too.

Sounds like you have some restriction now.

ten minutes being stuck or longer....ouch! I have only had a small stuck for a couple minutes and that was enough, I think it scared the you know what out of me, now I am terrified that I will PB or something. Are you able to consume liquids with no problem? I'm so sorry that you have to go through this. Dr K will take good care of you!

Very strange I have had no appetite for the last few days and today I was hungry...really hungry??? What is up with that? I think my band has a mind of it's own.

Marcy~how ya' doin?

Dynamo~hows the knee....just kidding, hows the ankle?

Lapdancer~did you see the new fill Dr. yet? and hows your sister doing?

Hope you all have a nice evening!

I'M BANDED! I didn't sleep last night very well...even got Dr. K to give me a sleeping pill. This wasn't so bad though because this morning I was too tired to be nervous! The experience was pleasant. I don't have much pain at all and I've only had 1/2 dose of liq. Vicodin. I'll probably take a full dose before bed tonight. Really, I'm amazed at how well I feel! There were several people who were in and out before me, but there weren't any complications except for the fact that I was TIRED and sleeping so they decided to just let me be. I've slept a lot today and am looking forward to an AWAKE day tomorrow.

Looks like I'll be seeing you all on Thursday. I won't be able to stay long because we have to be at the airport at 8, but that's ok.