Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

:clap2: This Wed!!!!!:clap2:

Hey guys! I am re-scheduled for this Wed... April 18 at 9 am!!!!

Dr. K is so wonderful! He called me over the weekend to check on me! We really do have a great doc!

Tater, Tater, Tater!!! I'm so happy for you! It's so great that he could do it that soon! I was worried that you would have to wait as long as the first time. You are so brave and strong! You should pat yourself on the back for your couragousness! Congratulations!:clap2: You are in my thoughts and my prayers!

Awwweee Geez Guys.. I dont know if I deserve a pat on the back.. I am just excited that I dont have to wait for a month or so. I am still nervous but.. hey.. it has to go better the 2nd time around right? And the best thing is I wont even get the chance to eat carbs before surgery... I am still on popsickles to keep the swelling down in my mouth.

My throat is lots better... and the cuts under my tongue look lots better too... man.. between Listerine and salt water.. OUCH.. but I do believe that those two helped my mouth heal better.

Hehe.. I go to work tomorrow and then I will take the rest of the week off.

How are you feeling Woofay? The soreness and tiredness getting better? How long did you take off of work?

Lapdancer and Dynamo.. how you feeling? Is there anything you need?

image.php?u=16275&dateline=1174169982 Tater Bug user_offline.gif vbmenu_register("postmenu_445072", true);

im_msn.gif

Taterbug,

You are right before me. I am scheduled for 1200. If you are still there and not to out of it give me a hello! Maybe we will be in recovery together! Don't wear out Dr K I need him in tip top shape for my surgery!! =)

Hey Angie! Good luck! You haven't posted here very much and I was wondering how you were doing. (unlike me who had to post every hour or so to keep the courage up! HA!)

Hopefully we'll hear from Lap Dancer and DynamoMini today and hear about their experience and how they are doing. Well, I hope!

The surgical Center called me yesterday to see how I was doing. Let them know that I was doing pretty good. Being from Phoenix (here for a year) that surgical center is so nice and attentive compared to what I am used to. I can't imagine what this experience would have been like had I had it done there.

Well, I think that I will try some full liquid stuff today. Paula told me 3 or 4 days of Clear Liquids, so maybe I'll slip in some coffee with milk and go from there. I have some Protein Shake stuff too. The broth stuff is so salty! I've only had about an hour of nausea (yesterday) and it went away when I layed down for a little bit. Supposed to stay full liquid until the 24th. For some reason, that seems longer on this side of the band! :)

Taterbug! I'll be thinking of you tomorrow. I felt so bad when I found out what happened, but tomorrow will be the day to gitter done! Good luck to both of you!

Anita,

Thank you so much! I am on this website what seems like all day... especially when I am supposed to be working. :paranoid There is just so much to read. I jump back and forth from south beach banisters, to the journals, to head start on spring forum, you get the picture. I do need the encouragement/courage and was just getting ready to go take another look at the before and after photos. :clap2:

Can you tell me what to expect today at pre-op? Do you think Dr. K will have the results back in enough time for my surgery tomorrow? :) I have so much going through my head. All the last minute doubts and guilt. I was just reading a new thread titled something like additive behavior and they were discussing the replacment of food addiction with other addictions. :omg: Then I started the self-doubt again. I just want to get this over so all my self doubt will be gone and I can just move forward on my journey!! :help:

Hi Angie! Dr. K. doesn't do any tests at pre-op. His medical residents just go over that you can't eat or drink after midnight, how soon to be at the surgicenter, what to wear, he gives you perscriptions to get filled today so that you have them tomorrow when you are all done. That's about it. He asks you if you have any last questions and is again very reassuring. That's it. Oh, and they take your vitals and record them and make sure that you have been following a good pre-op diet and explain the need of the dulcolax suppository the night before.(not as bad as it may seem) They want you to buy hepicleans to wash your tummy with tonight and tomorrow morning before you go. Kinda dries your skin out, but I guess it kills all the micro organisms and stuff. And...when you get to the surgicenter tomorrow...don't pee before they take you back! They need a urine sample when they take you back and gown you...and I actually had just used the bathroom...so they upped the iv fluids until I could go...oops! But no one told me out front to not go...they even told me where it was up the hall. ha! Oh well.

Don't feel guilty about the money anymore...let it go. My hubby and I took a second loan on the house (heloc) to pay for this. And I'm sure that if you keep going over and over it, there are other things that the money could be spent on...but is there anything more important than your health? If anyone even knew the half of my family medical history, there would be no question that this is the best way to spend 10K. I've done this for more than just me, I've done this for my husband and my two boys, (one is 7 the other is 4) who deserve a Mom/wife that's a little more active and not always depressed and ashamed of herself.

I've not heard of the replacing one addiction with another though. I guess it's an interesting idea. That to me would be more like an OCD issue than addiction. Let's hope I replace mine with more meaningful things like scrap booking, playing with the kids and going to the park!

You'll do great and good luck with everything. Funny how people on this thread can mean so much to you without ever meeting them face to face. Hopefully we can all meet face to face!

Woofay (Anita),

Thank you so much! I have had no idea what to expect, you are such an inspiration. You are right about the money. I guess sometimes we just need to hear it from someone else. About the additiction, I agree! On scrapbooking, I have been working on my wedding album for over a year now so maybe I will become more focused on that. I also have an 8 year old who would love nothing more then to run around in circles with me! How are you feeling after being banded? Are you checking the scale everyday? I hope I dont but probably will. I have stuck to the low carb without any cheats for the past 8 days so as far as the pre-op diet I did well. Paula will be proud.

You are so right about everything you said!! Thank you! I really needed that.

hey Tater,

I was banded Friday 13th in Ft Collins, Feeling great. Walked further then I have in months yesterday..(not sure going to make it home but I did).

The only problem I have (NOT) is not feeling hungry at all. Trying not to vaccum or do to much around the house. Feel so good I forget that I am still healing. How are you doning? I am anxious to hear from Dyno and Mal to see how they are doing.:clap2:

Hi Collector,

I am doing fine...just waiting...and thinking too much...and hanging out here to get my "your doing the right thing" fix. I have quite a wait (May 18th). I have been making lists of things that I might need (liquid viatmins, protien drinks, bullet mixer). Reading as much as I can here.

How are you doing Collector? How is the healing going? That is awesome to hear that you are walking so much, good for you!!! Keep it up. How is the liquid diet going? Are you able to get your protien drinks in?

Dynamonini...How is your first day out?? Thinking about ya'

Hey Angie!!

I will hopefully be awake enough and myself enought to spot you out.

Tomorrow will be good! They are wonderful down there, hey if I can come back after what happened, anyone can do this!

Well this won't be a long note, but thanks for the kind wishes on my surgery. It went smoothly and now I am waiting for the cotton mounth to go away. They must of really put me under.

The suppositories for nausea ended up being a good idea for me. I used 3 of them yesterday. Now today everything seems to be working. I am just a little sore.

I made the mistake getting on the scale. I was up 10 pounds, but I don't believe that. How can you gain weight and not even eat much of anything?

Oh well, I am happily banded and can't wait to fully recover and see what this band can do for me.

Michelle

Ps - Best wishes to all of you who are having surgery this week. It isn't a walk in the park, but you can do it. We will all be happy with the results.