Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Thanks! I'm certainly on pins and needles! The huge storm seems to have diverted and is mostly south-east of here, so looks like I get to go home afterwards...Yeah! It will still be a yuckie drive through the county line, but certainly not impassable. Wish it was later already.:nervous

DynamoMini and Lap Dancer~Monday's the day! I'll wish the best now, but I know that I will be back on before that. :clap2:

Oh, ya, I took before pictures yesterday. Oh my. I looked at them. Not posting those until things really change. Ever look at a picture of yourself and just think, "is that really me?" I don't feel like I look like that. Must be all the years of avoiding cameras and morrors. (I'm the picture taker in our family) It was quite a good reminder of why I am doing this.

Maybe I should take a picture, I am the picture taker in my family too...I can't remember the last time I had a picture taken. That might just be what I need to keep myself motivated, I am sooooo afraid that I will chicken out! What time is your surgery? Take care!

Good Morning! Yippeee NO SNOW.. NO SNOW.... Typical Co right.. you expect it, prepare for it and it changes. Oh well.. I wont complain today becaue it worked out better then I hoped.

Thanks so much everyone...sending good wishes and all is wonderful!

Woofay, I did the same, took pictures yesturday but I refused to look at them. I didn't have the nerve. My reminder as to why I am doing this is the way I feel - short and round like a Rollie Pollie that has to roll to get around. There is nothing I can do about the short part but I can about the round.

I will check in tonight guys!

Hey Mal! I'm scheduled for 2:30. I still feel like I might chicken out. I've got this anxious feeling in my gut and I think that I could start crying at any time. My Grandma called and wished me luck said she loved me very much and that she would pray for me all day. Goodness I started crying. What a baby, huh? My Mom has never supported this (although she is watching my boys while I am here) and I know she had been crying when she got to my house yesterday. We've had a lot of personal loss in my family so everyone gets very anxious with hospitals and medical things. But this is very important to me, so I just gotta "suck it up, buttercup!" I look at the before and after thread with the pictures and those damned pictures that I took of myself yesterday. That oughta do it! The worst part is just sitting here waiting for 1:00. I have nothing to do. Can't eat or anything...heehee! So I have been sitting here on this thread (brought the laptop) and playing games.

Tater! Tater! Tater! Today! I'm so glad it didn't snow too much! Drive safely and I'll be waiting to hear from you. You can email my msn account if you want to, too.

:clap2:

Hey Woofay,

I look at those before and after pictures all the time, I am sooo hooked to this site and I am hoping that will also hlep me stick with it. Some day soon Woofay, OUR pictures will be there...SOON!!!

I totally know what you mean about being emotionaly sensitive. I am sorry to hear about your losses. People who know me, it doesn't take much for me. Sometimes I can't watch the news with out crying...I just manage to find a way to connect with everyone. My son always jokes about how easy it would be to brainwash me in believing anything. I always go out of my way for others, this surgery is for me to help myself!

I'll be here to keep you company until you are ready to go! Hang in there!

MARK....(and everyone else!)....Good news!! I finally got in touch w/Dr. Brinkley in MD and she still does her fills for $200 and is taking new patients....so I have a fill scheduled w/her for May 2nd!! No joining fee or program fee! YEAH!!!!! I'm also still going to call my new insurance to see if they'd cover the fills or not.....its worth a shot!

Hope all you soon to be bandsters are doing well, good luck to you all!!

Woofay, Best wishes to you today, you will soon be in Band Land! Keep us posted, Sunnysea........... I Love Mine:)

Woof and Tater.. you girls are in my thoughts today!

As far as before pics go... you will hate how the before looks now but in a few months you will love to be able to look back on it and see the changes. I say DO IT for sure!

Tater and Woofay -

I think the banding gods are with you :high5: and there isn't much snow. So, you are probably just going to the hospital now.

My last supper :hungry: will either be sushi (sashimi) or steak (filet mignon) - maybe both! I am not a cheap date, but hey, wait a minute, I am paying for this myself! :)

Tee hee.

Best wishes to both of you! :gluck:

To the Monday and Tuesday clan -

We are gonna rock the joint! Fast recoveries and on our way to meeting our dreams. My trainer gave me a celebration Bracelet with the charms "Dream" "Believe" "Achieve" !

Hugs to all,

Michelle

Woofay and Tater Bug,

Today is your day, all the best ladies!!

Girls I'm holding your hand in spirit!:)

OMG I am trying to keep up with this thread! HOLY COW!

................................................................................

To the Monday and Tuesday clan -

We are gonna rock the joint! Fast recoveries and on our way to meeting our dreams. My trainer gave me a celebration Bracelet with the charms "Dream" "Believe" "Achieve" !

Hugs to all,

Michelle

You know it Michelle! We are going to sail through our surgeries and one day all of us Dr. K patients will meet.

Love sent your way all. I appreciate the kind words and support given here.

FOUR DAYS!

Flying out to Denver on Monday. Many co-workers wishing me luck at work yesterday and today. My boss even came by my location and sat with me for a talk. She knows me from 8 years ago when she hired me as a whirlwind of activity but slowly the weight and other problems anchored me. She was the one who said to me two years ago "Go to a doctor and take it one thing at a time until you get it resolved and you're feeling better."

Life is good.

FYI

I got a medi-alert Bracelet with Gastric Lap Band on the back. It is not at all practical but so very beautiful and made of Lamp Work beads. GORGEOUS.

I did it! Woo hoo! Man was I scared and a big baby, but that surgicenter has the kindest and caring nurses and employees I've ever seen. I' m a little sore, but seem to be doing great. I did take some pain medicine when I got home. I never realized just how crappy the freeway is between the Springs and Denver, not until I felt every bump and pothole from there to here! Got home around 8...now I'm thinking about doing the stairs to get to my room...hmmmm! HA!:)

Thanks for everyone's support and I still can't believe I really did it.

For you guys on Monday and Tues...it's not nearly as bad as one can imagine. I sure blew it way outta proportion in my head. Keep us posted!

Tater, Tater, Tater...how ya doin?

I've crossed over to the "lighter side", and I was still down 12# on the hospital scale....gotta get that ticker thing done!:clap2: