Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Sounds like you are all getting so close to surgery day!!! I wanted to try and answer a few questions I have seen posted here...

My day of surgery I wore a velour track suit that zipped and crocs. Sexy huh?? I found the drawstring waist to be comfy and the jacket was super easy to get into after I woke up. :notagree

The before surgery suppository.... some do it, some don't. I didn't and didn't have any problems. :o

I am so excited for all of you!! As I come up on my bandiversary I can remember the excitment and anticipation I felt before my big day. I wouldn't change it for the world! As of today I am down 75 pounds (6 away from onderland) and 35 away from my "goal" of 170. Holy crap!! :) :) :) :) :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Wow DresLou -

You are getting sooooooo close to goal! Every day should be a celebration of success. Thanks for the words of encouragement. There is always the moment, like why am I doing this? Especially because the PreOp diet is working. But I know the bigger picture is that I can lose, but when I faulter, I regain the weight with speeding lightening. So, I will just have to keep that picture clear and be as healthy as possible until next Monday.

Best wishes on Onderland.

Okay, I'm back from the pre-op appointment and the good Doc said the surgery goes on pretty much regardless of the storm, so! I also found something else out today...the crushed and liquid meds are not just for the first month after surgery, they are forever. Can any of you take regular meds after the band? This isn't going to change my decision but it's going to be a pain to crush meds twice a day instead of taking one extended release capsule once a day. And the med student that Dr. K has on right now said the pre-op dulcolax suppository isn't optional. :faint:oh no. (that's all I got to say about that)

Congrats, Drewslou...I can't wait to be 35 lb from goal...

Woofay...thats interesting that you were told you'd have to alway crush or take liquid pills! I take Birth Control pills every day and swallow them whole w/no problem. I've also taken tylenol and stuff like that w/no problems either. They must be "updating" their practices as they go along!

DREWSLOU.....Wow Girl!!! 75 Pounds and closin in on that goal!! Way to go!!! Congrats!!

Congrats DrewsLou!!!! Wow.. you are such an inspiration!!!

Today.. I am nervous and jumpy like a cat on a hot tin roof! I dont listen to the radio much and I haven't seen the news so my carpool mates told me about the storm and I am just .. OMG!!!..

I went today and picked up and E470 thingy for my truck.. at this point.. I will still leave Friday am to get to the center but will take the toll way so there should be less traffic and thus means less stupid people who want to drive 90 miles an hour down I25! I know my truck (a big ass expedition) can go anywhere.. we will just take it nice and easy. And after surgery.. I get the way back, 3rd row seat to sleep in.. figure Ron, hubby will drive.. mom in passenger and my daughter will sleep in the 2nd row.. all I have to do is get there.

Is there a chance that it could be canceled due to weather?

Bout the underwear... I am on the fence... good point about the tummy.. but also good point about an accident.. how embarrassing would that be!!! I cant even think of it.. hehe.. and since it is to be very cold... you know.. that might just be a little to "drafty" for me.. Besides.. afterwards when I am in the back seat sleeping, and turn over.. wouldn't that be a view in the "rear" view mirror! LOL

Hey Anita,

I think I saw you today at Dr. K's office! I over heard someone say something about Vegas and Josh Groben...I thought could that be??? Anyway, I was sitting in the corner hiding (I had a white T shirt on).

How did your appointmnet go?? I didn't get to schedule a surgery date because Paula left for the day. I guess she will call me tomorrow??

A few more days for you!!

It Hibiclens. It comes in a blue bottle. The Wal-mart and Target pharmacies can order it for you, or you can get it off the shelf at Walgreens. It's around $9.99.

He'll want you to do a Dulcolax Suppository the night before. I did mine and it worked in about an hour. I figured I didn't want to take a chance on anything. He said it makes it easier to work in there if your bowels are clean. It's up to you to do it, I guess.

You'll get a prescription for about 20 anti-nausea suppositories to use after the surgery. I did not use them. I just kept the anti-nausea patch on behind my ear that they gave me before surgery. I kept that on for about 4 days. I did end up using the anti-nausea suppositories a few weeks ago though when I had the flu. I couldn't get to the walk-in clinic until late in the day (and Dr. K was at his daughter's wedding) so I was stuck with no anti-nausea medicine except for the suppositories. Boy, was I glad I had them. I did not want to vomit with the band!

Here's a link with more info on the prescriptions...

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/showthread.php?p=389305#post389305

I wore an underwire bra to and from the surgery. I did not have any problems. You might have an incision between your breasts right at about bra strap level like I did. It was annoying and kind of tender, but I still wore all my normal underwire bras.

I wore underware to and from the surgery. They prefer you do not wear undies during the surgery, but do have little paper ones if you ask. Underware is not going to cause you discomfort after the surgery, so I'd plan on wearing them. Your incisions are high on your midsection. Even if you have the "granniest" of panties, it won't be a problem.

Hey Dynamo..

He will want you to get Hipacleanse. I know I did not spell that correctly.. and wash with that the day of surgery.. and then a suppository (cant remember the name) the night before to clean out the track (I am gonna ask others if they did this because being on the high Protein is already having me close to any bath room.. so there cant be much left to clean out). the anti vomit med perscription comes in a suppository. the pain and anti inflamitory(sp) comes in liquid.

Oh.. did I mention that I was schuduled in the aurora building but now changed to Parker? Just wanted to let you know.

I take 3 small pills a day, one of which is a capsule. I did crush/open them while I was on liquids/mushies, but I haven't since. I have never had a problem either. Maybe if I get more restriction, but right now, no.

Okay, I'm back from the pre-op appointment and the good Doc said the surgery goes on pretty much regardless of the storm, so! I also found something else out today...the crushed and liquid meds are not just for the first month after surgery, they are forever. Can any of you take regular meds after the band? This isn't going to change my decision but it's going to be a pain to crush meds twice a day instead of taking one extended release capsule once a day. And the med student that Dr. K has on right now said the pre-op dulcolax suppository isn't optional. :faint:oh no. (that's all I got to say about that)

Congrats, Drewslou...I can't wait to be 35 lb from goal...

How VERY cool!!!! and almost to GOAL!! WOW!! We'll be rooting for ya!:clap2:

As of today I am down 75 pounds (6 away from onderland) and 35 away from my "goal" of 170. Holy crap!!

:):(:) :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Ok - now I am worried about pills. I take lots of them every day. Some will go bye bye with weight loss, although not right away; but what about Vitamins? Those are the largest pills I take with the potential for being hard to digest. Are you on liquid vitamins? i guess I can deal with the rest suppositories and all.

The underwear is a personal judgment - so to each her own. I can't wait to meet you. I will go to the May meeting, who plans to attend?

Hi DynamoMini,

I plan on attending the meetings. I don't have a surgery date yet (I should find out tomorrow) but I look foward to the support group. How is your pre-op diet going so far?

hey everybody, is start my pre-op diet tomorrow and am a little confused. i was told to basically do the adkins diet. but i don't know hoew many carbs i can have, if any. my surgery in april 26th. i appreciate any help on the pre-op diet.

thanks

Hey, Mal! That was me, I had on a brown sweater. I was at the office forever cuz they put me in a room to see the Doc after the med student went through most of the pre-op stuff and I was forgotten for about an hour! My 2:30 appointment was not over until 4:30 or so. I wish you had said HI! I will probably go to a support group at least once, even just to meet some of you.

I'm glad to hear that some of you can take whole pills. I take Effexor XR and it is a slow release capsul so Dr. K. changed it to regular Effexor twice a day...what a pain. I forget to take the other sometimes. Lets see how often I forget to take it twice a day!

Tater~the storm thing has me uptight too. And Dr. K. looked at me like I was crazy when I asked if there were any weather circumtances that it may be cancelled. I wonder if my hubby and I should just spend the night in Parker, and maybe Friday night so that we don't have to drive through any bad weather. A car wreck after surgery just doesn't sound all that fun to me!

Jabell76~Welcome! Call the nutritionist and ask how many carbs you should be getting. I have pretty much followed the induction part of Atkins and have not had any bread, Pasta, rice, flour, sugar, or potatoes. Pretty much just meat, eggs, cheese, veggies and various fats(salad dressing, mayo, etc)

DynamoMini~ they told me I should take a chewable Vitamin. I'll be taking meds like my kids...oh my. You know, when you give them the big fake smile and the "oh, it doesn't taste that bad". Now they can watch me and the faces I'll make with the taste! Ha!

3 more days!

hey jabell!

I also did Atkins as my pre-op diet. I stuck to the induction phase and took in no more than 20 carbs a day.

I think I am going to make it to the support group meeting tonight.

Anyone else????

Woofay,

They forgot about you!!! That is terrible!! I have had that happen to me before. I should of said hello. My mind was going a hundred miles a minute, I just can't focus on anything right now except getting this done! You were just walking out as I was going in. I haven't really heard about this storm? Are we to get alot of snow? You should drive down and just stay...to be safe!!!?? Parker is a nice facility, I had my Hysterectomy there last year. I hope to have my Lapband done there too. I am sooo excited for you and Tater Bug, I put you two on my calender...I'll be thinking about ya'