Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

I know Kirsten. The Dr K bandwagon is growing fast! I went to the support group meeting last night and there were probably about 10 ladies there. A few more and they are going to have to relocate the meetings to somewhere bigger!

Mark...Never Mind...I found your post from a while back that you see Dr. Brinkely...so I looked her up on the Web! Although I'd love to use your name as a referral if you don't mind?? Have you even been to see her yet or are you still on your original band sans fill???

Hi Kirsten, it's hard to keep up with this thread these days. When I was a kid, walking to school in the snow, with no shoes, I used to read the "Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum" thread when there were just four of us on here. Those were the days. My feet still get cold thinking about it.

I do still try to follow this thread as much as I can, but now this thread is filled with all these young whippersnappers who grew up with color television and electric refrigerators. They just don't remember what it was like in the old days.

Anyway, enough of this foolishness. Congratulations to all making the trip to Denver. I think this is the only way to go these days for those wanting to get banded.

As for Dr. Brinkley, believe it or not, I still have never gotten a fill. I still have quite a bit of restriction just from the original surgery. I'm starting to loosen up a bit and it is time to think of a fill now, but I have not yet gone to see Dr. Brinkley. From what I hear, she did raise her prices from $200 to $300 for a fill. That's sad to hear because people seem to really like her.

I'm not sure if I'd be better off in the long run going to see her or going to that Dr. with the $500 program fee. But I do need to decide soon, since I think it is getting to be time for a fill.

Whatever you do decide, let us know how it goes. I'd really like to hear how things work out with the local fill Drs.

Talk to you later.

I have a question. Does Dr. Kirshenbaum or his staff use that flouroscopythingy for fills or just goes on in there with out one?

Mark,

I always love your posts! :D

I left Dr. Brinkley a VM this afternoo and hope to get in touch w/them tomorrow to get more details about getting fills from them. But if they've raised their prices to $300...EEK! That's still seems kind of steep to me! I wonder if they take any insurance b/c I have new insurance that I think may cover them....soo much to figure out! I'll keep you posted and let you know what I find out!

I have a question. Does Dr. Kirshenbaum or his staff use that flouroscopythingy for fills or just goes on in there with out one?

Dr. K does not use flouro. terry

Thanks for letting me know the hotel name.. last time I heard anything we can get a foot of snow.. yuck. Hopefully we wont need it because we have dogs that will need to be taken care of.. but just in case its nice to know. I totally understand about getting jittery!

Hey, Tater! Well, that blizzard that's coming is supposed to hit Thursday eve or afternoon. Waaah! So we decided to get a room in Parker for Thursday night possibly Friday night. Not really what I want to do or where I want to be(nothing is better than your own bed) but the Doctor's office just doesn't seem to think that it's going to be that big of a deal and the show will go on. (I called again today) The surgical center said they give a day's notice if it is to be cancelled...so we'll know tomorrow? I got a room at the Hampton Inn in Parker because they offered a surgical discount. (the holiday inn would not offer one for those nights.?) So, whatever you decide! I don't really know what area of Colorado you are coming from. I'm getting quite jittery though! I'll be glad when it's done!

Thanks Machele and DrewsLou..

Hubby will be happy to hear that, but then again could be a good excuse if I ever needed one..hehe..

Oh wow, you would not believe how red faced I am right now.. but I do appricate your advice!

I am getting so excited.... I dont know if I am going to be able to sleep tomorrow night (or tonight for that fact).

Hi guys!! Glad to see everyone is doing good as usual!!

Kirsten- Good luck on finding a fill doctor. You experience sounds a lot like mine. The doctor I went with is also $500 to join...Only he is an additional $1,000 for the year which seems ridiculous when people are getting $100 fills, no joining fees!! I hope you find someone good and reasonable!!

Everyone is doing so well. Wow Drewslou, you are only 35 lbs to goal. To cool!!

Marjon- You are too funny. That's great you're still doing good w/no fill!!

Shesha-I didn't realize that you had your fill...Looks like you're doing great!!

Just posting a followup on my nonfill...I went back to my followup doctor yesterday, but I still wasn't able to get my fill...I was so nervous that I took my bestfriend with me. The actually fill part wasn't bad at all. At first he couldn't find the port, so he did an ultrasound. Finally he finds the port and couldn't access it. Evidentally there was some Fluid over the port. He ended up drawing out 1/3 ounce of fluid. He told I would have to wait a month before my fill..He said he could tell I still had some restriction and swelling. That was the only part that really hurt, all the poking. I had to get an antibotic to prevent infection. My fill is now rescheduled for 5/1. Oh, and I had my upper GI and the doc said everything looked great.

Marjon9,

You are SILLY!! I am one of the newbies, but deffinatly not a young one..LOL!! I too remember walking ten miles to school up hill both ways, milk was a nickel and cars were a quarter...LOL

I have followed your progress, I hope you are feeling better! Thanks for all the info and support, this site is awesome!

Hi All!

I felt the need to chime in! It feels like old times out there.. VABandster, Marjon, Drews Lou, Skye... my buds! AND we have SO MANY new friends!!! This is way cool. I can't wait until I can talk you all into a Dr. K "reunion" of sorts. You know we all have to meet in person someday!

Yes, I have my fill and am doing well. Slowly but surely. Hopefully this upcoming fill will so the trick and I can eat even less and lose more. I REALLY need to start exercising though. I am real happy with the fact that I have been able to lose so much without it. Once I start to 'feel the burn' the weight should really start to slide off, and I'll be able to see my new muscles!!!:clap2:

Shesha- That is my problem too, ugh!! I did good for like a week and I haven't exercised for about a week. It's so hard to get started. Once I get started I remember it's not that bad. I am supposed to go to Curves tomorrow and try a 2 week free membership.

A reunion sounds fun!!

A question for Colorado banders who live near the Denver area, is the Cherry Creek Shopping Mall safe at night in that area? Any recomendations on where to shop????? I hope the weather is better by Monday, I had this vision of me getting some rays by the pool!?!? Am I dreaming or can you never tell what it will be like from day to day.:D Sunnysea

A question for Colorado banders who live near the Denver area, is the Cherry Creek Shopping Mall safe at night in that area? Any recomendations on where to shop????? I hope the weather is better by Monday, I had this vision of me getting some rays by the pool!?!? Am I dreaming or can you never tell what it will be like from day to day.:D Sunnysea

sunnysea are you getting your fill mon? that's even sooner that mine after surgery. he scheduled mine at 28 days. terry

Sunnysea~Supposed to snow like nut thurs night and friday...fairly nice sat and sun and snow again on monday...sorry! Don't know if the Cherry Creek area is safe at night, but it is certainly a beautiful area during the day!

Going to Parker in a couple of hours...One more day. Goodness I'm nervous!