Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Machele -

Wow! you are doing great. I get into this last hurrah thinking, which is soooooooo counter productive. I hope you have an easy surgery. Where are you from? Denver area?

Best wishes,

Hi, I'm from the Kansas City area. SW airlines flies direct to Denver for $125! I couldn't have been luckier!!:biggrin1:

Machele from Kansas City area,

I'm so glad to share my doc with you. Dr. K has a great rep, good track record and is an all round nice guy. I don't have surgery for a month - April 16th, but find I am chomping at the bit to get going.

Have an easy surgery and quick recovery,

There are some AMAZING restraunts around and some great clubs if that's your thing. There are also museums and stuff. Too bad you won't be here on the 9th... you could come to my roller derby bout.... a guaranteed good time!

I'll be getting my fill on 3/16. Do you have a bout that night?

Hey Machele.

I am scheduled with Dr. K at 11:45 on 3/16 for my fill! I fly in at 9:00 that morning and ly home around 10:00 the following day, so I doubt we'll be able to meet. I wish you well and I'll be sure to tell Dr. K to be extra nice to ya!

Hi all,

I am down to 1 week left. Marilyn called today to tell me I was scheduled at 1pm next Friday! I'm kinda, sorta nervous, but really ready to get this over with! I found an awesome find today while out shopping for Protein Drinks. GNC carries "Muscle Milk" in a mocha java flavor! AHHHH a way to get my coffee fix!!

I started my pre-op diet on Sunday and when I weighed in at the PCP office today, I was down 14 pounds since the last time I was there (which was about 3 weeks ago)!! :rockon: Have a great weekend!

Hey Machele.

I am scheduled with Dr. K at 11:45 on 3/16 for my fill! I fly in at 9:00 that morning and ly home around 10:00 the following day, so I doubt we'll be able to meet. I wish you well and I'll be sure to tell Dr. K to be extra nice to ya!

Thanks Shesha! I need all the :help: I can get! Did you see Dr. K the day after your surgery? How long was it after your surgery before you flew home? That is the part I am most concerned about. I have heard several people say that traveling the day after is very uncomfortable....:phanvan

OH!! Try Rodizio's! www.rodiziogrill.com It's a Brazilian steak house that is to DIE for!!

It's downtown by Union Station. The address should be in the link.

DrewsLou, Have you eaten at Rodizio Grill? How is it set up? What are the prices? There is Brazilian steakhouse in this area, and they serve as much as you want... Its an all you can eat place, but served at your table, not a buffet...

DrewsLou, Have you eaten at Rodizio Grill? How is it set up? What are the prices? There is Brazilian steakhouse in this area, and they serve as much as you want... Its an all you can eat place, but served at your table, not a buffet...

It's set up in a big dining room. The salads are served buffet style but the waiters come to your table with the meats and stuff. I don't remember the exact prices... it was 5 years ago when we went. I think it was 20 bucks a person or so. You can call them and ask!

It's set up in a big dining room. The salads are served buffet style but the waiters come to your table with the meats and stuff. I don't remember the exact prices... it was 5 years ago when we went. I think it was 20 bucks a person or so. You can call them and ask!

Thanks for the info!!:faint: 4 more days for me... I have started the pre-surgery nervousness!! Not sleeping well at all!!:cry

Thanks for the info!!:faint: 4 more days for me... I have started the pre-surgery nervousness!! Not sleeping well at all!!:cry

Hey Machele,

I know how your feeling, I have my surgery scheduled for the 21 of this month and I am getting really nervous to. Hopefully all will go well for both of us and before to long will be like the incredable shrinking woman.:bounce:I was thinking about trying to find a spa close by and getting a facial or pedicure the day after the surgery, if I feel up to it. If any of you from denver read this maybe you could suggest some place.

Macale+Chula, I understand your nervous,excited,anxious, having to fly to some strange place to have surgery, but i'm sure you are going to love your experience and your band! I didn't mean to say that Denver was a strange place!!!! I know that I am new to being banded, so I have alot to learn and or experience. But Dr. Kirshenbaum is really detail orientated and a great surgeon and I feel that the surgical center was better care in the short time I was there than our local Hospital. Good luck with everything, I have to go to work. Bye, Sunnysea

Macale + Chula,

I don't know that side of the city for spa services, but there is a place called Beau Visage for Skin Care Salon and Spa at 5988 S. Holly Greenwood Village, Co 80111 the phone number is 303/779-5002, the website is www.bvspa.com. A good friend of mine trusted them to do a Brazillian wax job and still loved them. I go to other places a lady up in Breckenridge for facials, a Vietnamese woman for nails, toes and eyebrows, so I am not a good resource of personal experience.

Hope that helps, the greatest of luck and good wishes,

Macale + Chula,

I don't know that side of the city for spa services, but there is a place called Beau Visage for Skin Care Salon and Spa at 5988 S. Holly Greenwood Village, Co 80111 the phone number is 303/779-5002, the website is www.bvspa.com. A good friend of mine trusted them to do a Brazillian wax job and still loved them. I go to other places a lady up in Breckenridge for facials, a Vietnamese woman for nails, toes and eyebrows, so I am not a good resource of personal experience.

Hope that helps, the greatest of luck and good wishes,

So the spa has all the above at one location? I may be totally down for the full treatment before I go in.

One week til my consultation.

Woo Hoo!

WooHoo Lap Dancer!

Call them or go on line to see. I haven't been there, but do have a gift certificate, so will go soon. Happy spa ing!

What a beautiful day here in Colorado! Spring has finally sprung!

WooHoo Lap Dancer!

Call them or go on line to see. I haven't been there, but do have a gift certificate, so will go soon. Happy spa ing!

What a beautiful day here in Colorado! Spring has finally sprung!

We fly out tonight! I looked at the Weather Channel and it called for cooler temperatures and rain the rest of this week! :Cry: NOOOOOO!!! I don't want to have to be leaving the hospital in the rain! I need spring and sun! :)