Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Oh my gosh! You guys look wonderful! Dee, you are absolutely radiant. My goodness. And you have lost SO MUCH since I saw you in April. Wow.

Patty, I agree with dee. I think as our confidence grows we realize that we've let ourselves be pushed around for one reason or another or settled for less than we really deserve in life. So then it's time to take action!

And miss dee . . . .get that damned chem class out of the way so you can take that next step! See? I'm being all bossy again!!!

Well, I don't know how the heck I"m going to sleep tonight, and my surgery isn't until the afternoon! ARRGGHHH!!! I was so hoping that it would be early in the day. Oh well. By this time tomorrow night it will all be over! I'll be home in my recliner, wearing my big comfy boxers and blissfully snoozing under the influence of lortab. Woohoo!!!

Thanks for being bossy Mini! I need that! You're right, I need to get my butt in gear!

I love that you'll be home, in your recliner, with your flat tummy tomorrow night at this time! Please have John post if you're not feeling up to it - I'll be waiting! I want all the details! You're our pioneer PS girl! The first in our group to go further in the journey!

I wondered what time your surgery was - afternoon? That sucks! It might be good, however, if you don't sleep tonight, you can nap or sleep in.

I love you Mini-girl! I am so proud and so happy for you!

Remember this picture? YOU the night before your surgery!!!

post-224851-13813138703528_thumb.jpg

Thanks for being bossy Mini! I need that! You're right, I need to get my butt in gear!

I love that you'll be home, in your recliner, with your flat tummy tomorrow night at this time! Please have John post if you're not feeling up to it - I'll be waiting! I want all the details! You're our pioneer PS girl! The first in our group to go further in the journey!

I wondered what time your surgery was - afternoon? That sucks! It might be good, however, if you don't sleep tonight, you can nap or sleep in.

I love you Mini-girl! I am so proud and so happy for you!

Remember this picture? YOU the night before your surgery!!!

Oh my goodness! Wow, have we changed!!!

Yes, I will definitely post tomorrow night or have John do it. Love you too, Miss dee. Thanks for being my friend.

Oh my goodness! Wow, have we changed!!!

Yes, I will definitely post tomorrow night or have John do it. Love you too, Miss dee. Thanks for being my friend.

Being your friend, Mini, has been my pleasure. Thank you for being such a special person in my life!

PS dee - John just looked at your RR pic from tonight and couldn't believe it. I forgot that he hasn't seen you for a year!

Tell John, Thanks!!! Tell him to give you a big HUG from me!:thumbup:

Thanks for posting the picture Dee! I was just looking at our RR photos from 8/09 and 9/09 and wow we all have done great.

Julie, are you tracking the next challenge? goal of -5 for me, thanks

Thanks for posting the picture Dee! I was just looking at our RR photos from 8/09 and 9/09 and wow we all have done great.

Julie, are you tracking the next challenge? goal of -5 for me, thanks

I was looking at the old pictures too! You look great! You're beautiful! I love looking at the old pictures!

Julie,

Can you put me down for 25lbs for the Halloween Challenge?

Thanks!!!:thumbup:

Julie, I'm going for a somewhat conservative 16 pounds in the next challenge.

Red Robin was great! We all met in the parking lot and exchanged clothes from the back of our cars! Thanks Snowgator and Laptastic! Julie and I are set for awhile!

We all missed you guys! AND we are thinking of you Mini!

Here is the picture - see for yourself, we are transforming into lovely butterflies!

You guys look great! I hope to meet you all sometime when I fly into Denver for a fill.

Julie, you look skinnier than when I saw you a month ago! Way to go!:thumbup:

you guys all look great!:thumbup:

MINI, THINKING OF YOU.

julie, put me down for 10 on the challenge.

can't wait til november when i get to see some of u guys!

am taking mom to lung doc today. she still runs a slight fever (started august 7, can u believe it). tomorrow we visit the oncologist again. mom is getting frustrated..on many levels. she wants to know how much time she has. i try to tell her that she is still in the early stage of this process (first chemo was may) and that tho' this infection has been a huge setback, treatment really hasn't had an opportunity to do its thing! i wish i could alleviate those fears.:)

Patty! We were just talking about you at Red Robin and how we haven't heard from you in a while. It's nice to see you check in. It's late (for me, cuz I'm a wimp), so I won't take the time to comment on all of your points, but don't let anyone get you down. You rock. I wonder if your job satisfaction is anything like mine...my student can hear and is lazy, so interpreting for someone who doesn't pay attention to me and does no work is very frustrating to me.

Well I have the opposite situation. I love the challenging students, the ones with multiple disabilities who have not been tapped. That Anne Sullivan moment like Helen Keller and the Water is such a rush. Now the problem this year is I'm working with a bunch that have been a team for many years. One of them I worked with for many years at a different school. She just got her RID and she thinks she is the cats azz. She's at that point where she is still buzzing off the new crisp certification and now fits in with the rest. But you can't tell her anything. She knows it all! I'm in this profession up to my elbows, I fostered one of my students who, ten years later, is still part of my family married, a mom, and all. It's not just a job for me. Not that she has to be that deeply involved but her bossy attitude is way too much for me to even closely accept. So we had a blow out yesterday. Having no knowledge of conversations with my boss or another teacher I am working with, someone told her it was okay to add a few breaks to my schedule, not specifically HER but the team of four. She came in a bit earlier and dropped her purse, looks at me and says "WE" are resenting that you seem to be sitting there cutting paper while we are busting our ass. *Her student is barely hearing impaired. She can hear but misses some things and THEN looks at the interpreter. She was wanting a break so that her lunch wasn't interupted by a ten minute time frame where there is sometimes a game like activity. She wanted me to walk down to her room and cover that ten minutes so her lunch isn't disturbed. She said WE like she was speaking for the others, she acted as if she was. Turns out it was her and one other person. Meanwhile I did call my boss and requested a meeting. I am sick of being kicked around which leads me to this post................

I know what you mean Patty! For me, it's that I now have more confidence in myself and I'm not going to settle for being mistreated. I have always been the "yes" girl because I wanted to be liked and felt if I went out of my way, people would overlook my obesity and like me. This makes me angry to think about. I was just as valuable as an obese woman as I am as a less-obese woman. But yet, I didn't value myself! I know for certain, I am going to return to get my Masters. I'm either going to go to Physician Assistant school or get my Masters in Nursing Education. I have one chem class to take before I can apply to PA school. I just need to do it!!!

YES! and now I am not the YES girl. Now I don't suck it down. Now I shoot back and talk back and stand up for myself. People do not like this especially ones I have worked with for years. I am angry at being taken advantage of for so many years.

Patty, I agree with dee. I think as our confidence grows we realize that we've let ourselves be pushed around for one reason or another or settled for less than we really deserve in life. So then it's time to take action!

And miss dee . . . .get that damned chem class out of the way so you can take that next step! See? I'm being all bossy again!!!

Well, I don't know how the heck I"m going to sleep tonight, and my surgery isn't until the afternoon! ARRGGHHH!!! I was so hoping that it would be early in the day. Oh well. By this time tomorrow night it will all be over! I'll be home in my recliner, wearing my big comfy boxers and blissfully snoozing under the influence of lortab. Woohoo!!!

You got it! My confidence is there and so is the clarity. What I am beginning to see is envy. There is one coworker who is my cheerleader. She compliments and encourages. The other one, the one I spoke of above, is trying her best to weasel a negative attitude and present herself as being the VOICE OF THE MANY. It was just a bad day yesterday which went on to be great when a student who shuts down all the time ( cognitive problems) started to crack open and TODAY he read a very short story but READ nonetheless. It was exciting for myself and for the teacher.

This coworker I spoke of who is negative said she did not want to work with this little boy (who read the story) because she wanted to interpret and not work with a and she used a word that meant something close to a vegetable. Like this child is too LOW for her.

Sweet Little (now much smaller) Mini just sent me a text to let me know she's out of the OR and doing well.

I'll let her tell you how much they took off with her tummy tuck! I was so happy to hear from her, I couldn't wait to let everyone know she's doing well!

Edited by PrtyAntOvrYt

Mini had a tuck? Oh I feel so bad for missing that post.

How fantastic she must feel knowing the surgery is behind her. I'm anxious to see what she has to say of her experience!!!

I miss you all so very much it hurts. How I wish I had flown back out to Denver in August like I wanted to for one last visit with everyone. I had such fun in June I came home floating.

You all are very, very special.

Mini, best of the best to you. Congratulations for reaching goals.

Mini had a tuck? Oh I feel so bad for missing that post.

How fantastic she must feel knowing the surgery is behind her. I'm anxious to see what she has to say of her experience!!!

I miss you all so very much it hurts. How I wish I had flown back out to Denver in August like I wanted to for one last visit with everyone. I had such fun in June I came home floating.

You all are very, very special.

Mini, best of the best to you. Congratulations for reaching goals.

If you scroll back to her post - you'll find the link and the password to see her 'before' pics. She's the first of our little group to go for plastics! We're all sitting on the edge of our seats waiting for her to tell us all the details.

She said she's doing good and enjoying those pain meds at the moment!