Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

So cool! I checked it out. "Cute, cute, cute!" I liked how she pointed out all the stuff on your blog. Congrats, you're almost famous!

Yep, I really liked it. She must cruise through a LOT of blogs to find one she likes. Wonder how she found mine?

I posted some new pics, including side views. They're kinda' gross. Oh well.

Plastic Surgery Pictures, Videos, Photos, Pics, Before, After, Cosmetic Surgery

password: goobgone

Wow!!! Thanks for sharing. Yep, that seroma is quite big (and if anyone knows seromas, it's me :wub:)

The whole thing looks painful, but I can see a wonderful flat tummy there!!!! Well worth it, I'm sure! :tongue2:

Yep, this summer when I had the skin cancer removed from my face it swelled up like a balloon and got infected. It also drained for several days a gross and annoying thing. It's been a fabulous year for me. It's back to being flat, but, as my lips are not moving down to where they belong (they had to remove a lot of tissue to get the cancer, so the left side of my lips are being pulled up), it will probably have to be revised. I feel a real need to be able to close my lips. It's been less than three months and it looks tons better, so don't let the seroma throw you off.

I don't have a uterus. Getting rid of that thing was one of the happiest days of my life. I hope the hormones work. I really don't want to have anything else done, if I don't have to. The big one is 3 cm and is just making my side, back, stomach and pelvis hurt at random. I think they just thought I was kind of whining. But, geez, OW! Then fine.

I love fig newtons. Right now I have no fill at all, so I can eat a bigger variety of things. I was surprised to find that watermelon is a bit of a challenge. I still have to chew well or the food doesn't move down very well. I also find that I have to measure everything out as I can't tell when to stop exactly. I also am glad the folks at work know as they bring in tons of Cookies and bread and donuts and and Bagels, so when I say, op, can't have that, there's no pressure.

I am off to the doctor tomorrow for blood test results. I've been off my meds since surgery and they want to see if anything has changed. I am thinking I am going to have to start taking a cholesterol pill again.

How's the tummy coming? The Doctor's had their big makeover show today. Lots of plastic surgery.

Well, ladies, thime for the next challenge. Someone suggested a Halloween challenge, so that's what we will go with. Halloween is on Saturday this year.... so.... lets do our first weigh in this Saturday. This will give us 7 weeks.

Here is who I have so far. Please let me know if you would like to join, or if I missed you:

Snowgator -5 lbs

PartyAntOvrYt -25 lbs

laptastic -16 lbs

deboregon -10lbs

Kayleighsmommy -15 lbs

Hi everyone, I'm back from yet another vacation...

I would like to join the Halloween challenge, please. As of this morning, I am at 215 pounds. My goal is to find Onederland in time for Halloween!! I can actually see some light at the end of the tunnel. :mad2:

SO...Please put me down for 15 pounds. I'm gonna have to work hard but hitting onederland will be close to my bandaversary (Nov. 24).

Mary

Edited by mem620

Hi ladies. Just checking in about the Tummy Tuck. I guess the swelling I had on my side was a hematoma (blood under the skin) rather than a seroma (fluid under the skin). In any event, it started decreasing on its own so the doc didn't drain anymore yesterday. It's looking way better . . . just really really bruised.

I actually feel pretty good. Can't do much, but I think I'm doing just as well 6 days out as I have after any other abdominal surgery. The recliner is my best best friend. I sleep quite comfortably and slept for 7 hours last night before waking up to take a pain pill.

As for the difference in how I look . . well, it's still early but I can't tell you how exciting it is to look down and actually see my pubic area! Not that I want to spend a bunch of time looking at it, but "the flap" has been in the way forever! And when I take off my binder and look in the mirror, I can really see what it's going to look like when I heal and it's so exciting! I can't wait. I'm so glad I did this whole journey . . . it's the best thing I ever did both for my health and my self-esteem. No matter what point you're at on this journey, you will get there sooner or later and it's worth every minute of work you put into it.

That is one flat tummy! Congratulations! I am starting off close to where you started...and hope to be in your shoes a year from now.

Way to go & hope you are healing quickly!

Hi everyone, I'm back from yet another vacation...

I would like to join the Halloween challenge, please. As of this morning, I am at 215 pounds. My goal is to find Onederland in time for Halloween!! I can actually see some light at the end of the tunnel. :mad2:

SO...Please put me down for 15 pounds. I'm gonna have to work hard but hitting onederland will be close to my bandaversary (Nov. 24).

Mary

Me too! Please put me down for -15 lbs. also. I am a friend of Kayleigh'sMommy, banded in Denver by Dr. Brown. I get my first fill 9/30 and hope to get rockin on this weight loss!

Thanks!:thumbup:

That is one flat tummy! Congratulations! I am starting off close to where you started...and hope to be in your shoes a year from now.

Way to go & hope you are healing quickly!

Yep, you are starting very close to where I was. It's weird, cuz a year ago it seemed like it was going to take forever, but now that I'm here it all seems like it went so fast. I would have liked to have lost a bit more before the TT, but the timing just didn't work out right. My weight loss has pretty much been at a standstill all summer, so this may be as good as it gets. Nonetheless, I am really happy with where I am, and any additional weight loss will be a bonus.

FINALLY have internet at the new place!!!! I have missed so much!! Mini- congratz on the TT!!!!

We have worked out things financially so, I think I will be trying to make an appointment with Dr K over my fall break from school. I may need it under flouro I guess. But I may ask the office first. I haven't been losing at all, but I haven't been gaining either. I was tight back in April, but not too tight, but now I have been bouncing back and forth between too tight, and tight enough. Maybe flouro would help to see what the heck is going on. I LOVE our new place!! It is so much more comfortable than the last one. I am back at work, and school and loving both! Well, that is good for a quick update for me!

FINALLY have internet at the new place!!!! I have missed so much!! Mini- congratz on the TT!!!!

We have worked out things financially so, I think I will be trying to make an appointment with Dr K over my fall break from school. I may need it under flouro I guess. But I may ask the office first. I haven't been losing at all, but I haven't been gaining either. I was tight back in April, but not too tight, but now I have been bouncing back and forth between too tight, and tight enough. Maybe flouro would help to see what the heck is going on. I LOVE our new place!! It is so much more comfortable than the last one. I am back at work, and school and loving both! Well, that is good for a quick update for me!

Marie! Happy to hear that you're all settled in and have internet, etc. I think having a fill under fluoro is pretty cool, actually. I kind of like it. And it definitely lets you see how tight you are.

I love seeing how my innerds work. I've had fluro twice now and you can really see what's going on.

I got my bloodwork back today. My cholesterol and triglycerides are way down to almost normal with no meds at all. So, basically I dont' have to take those pills anymore, unless it goes back up. That's great because I all ready take enough pills and it saves me $50 a month.