Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

I am still even on the weigh in. None lost, none gained since my last check in. Hopefully Sat will knock me down another pound or two.

Borrowed a friends hair waver and was feeling cute today. Decided to update with a new photo since it has been awhile. I will save the full body shot for when I hit -100. Only Twelve pounds to go!

Here is moi… -88

(hopefully it is obvious the left photo is a before shot!)

88.jpg

Hey Dorky! I love your before and during pictures! You are so pretty! You were pretty before and you're even more pretty now!

I have broken out of the 220's and hit 119.7 today. I just realized this morning that my new April Fool's Day goal will be to hit onederland! I just can't believe it!:thumbup:

Congrats Julie! I think working towards onederland is a great April Fool's Day goal!

You look FABULOUS! Congrats to you!

Mini, everything went fine with the fill. I am at 3.5 now (he put in 4cc). I feel so crappy with this cold, I can't tell much difference in ANYTHING! food isn't really on my radar right now. Cold, stuffy nose, gritty eyes, you know, the whole nine yards. Got to keep those fluids going though.

I hate being sick! It sucks!

I have broken out of the 220's and hit 119.7 today. I just realized this morning that my new April Fool's Day goal will be to hit onederland! I just can't believe it!:)

Okay before anyone else catches it I did not just lose 101.1 lbs overnight. That is 219.7

The other number is a little cartoonish! :thumbup:

Had my 3rd fill today ladies. I'm actually sitting here (FREEZING!) in the Denver airport right now waiting on my flight back to the MUCH WARMER East Coast.

My fill today was 1.05cc (strange amount, I know) bringing me to a total of 5.25cc in a 10cc band.

I can't tell a difference right now, but I've been in such a bad mood lately about my mediocre weight loss. I mean, I am not even recognizing a huge NSV for me this week. I went to San Diego this week before my Denver trip to visit my best friend, and while there, I went to Lane Bryant shopping and I bought a pair of jeans that was one size smaller than the ones I was wearing - and they fit! I should be happy about this right? Wrong! :cursing: Instead, all I can obsess about is the fact that I've only lost 18lbs in a little more than 3 months and I feel like the biggest failure on the freaking planet. I'm not eating right, I'm not exercising, it's my own damn fault and I still can't manage to do a damn thing to help myself out! You get out of it what you put into it, and all I'm doing is shoving the wrong things in my mouth and sitting on my fat arse! :frown::cursing: *sigh*

OK, sorry I just had to vent. :frown:

its okay jaime, it all takes time.. I still eat shit I shouldn't, especially right now.. I am way too tight.. So I eat the junk I know will go down =(.. I can't wait for monday.. Though I'm scared im going to gain weight.. At this point.. I never want a fill again.. Which isnt a good feeling to have.. Just relax you'll get into the routine.

Had my 3rd fill today ladies. I'm actually sitting here (FREEZING!) in the Denver airport right now waiting on my flight back to the MUCH WARMER East Coast.

My fill today was 1.05cc (strange amount, I know) bringing me to a total of 5.25cc in a 10cc band.

I can't tell a difference right now, but I've been in such a bad mood lately about my mediocre weight loss. I mean, I am not even recognizing a huge NSV for me this week. I went to San Diego this week before my Denver trip to visit my best friend, and while there, I went to Lane Bryant shopping and I bought a pair of jeans that was one size smaller than the ones I was wearing - and they fit! I should be happy about this right? Wrong! :cursing: Instead, all I can obsess about is the fact that I've only lost 18lbs in a little more than 3 months and I feel like the biggest failure on the freaking planet. I'm not eating right, I'm not exercising, it's my own damn fault and I still can't manage to do a damn thing to help myself out! You get out of it what you put into it, and all I'm doing is shoving the wrong things in my mouth and sitting on my fat arse! :frown::cursing: *sigh*

OK, sorry I just had to vent. :frown:

Jaime,

First of all, please don't call yourself a failure. You're not. You have to realize that we all have a food addiction. An addiction, not unlike, drugs, alcohol or cigarettes. It's been our obsession for many years. Sometimes, it takes more than a Lap Band to get us on our road to recovery, There is a reason, we overate in the first place.

Have you considered seeking therapy?

For me, I was just so ready to do this. I had been diagnosed as a pre-diabetic, I had PCOS and I had just been diagnosed with arthritis. I was scared straight! Just like when I used to take my juvenile probation clients to the state pen, I was scared straight! So scared of becoming a full blown diabetic, and so afraid of ending up in a wheelchair from my arthritis, that I felt I had no other choice. I had to force myself to make huge changes in my life. The Lap Band was the tool that I needed.

With that being said, I must confess, it wasn't easy. Like I said above, I am a food addict. I overate for over 20 years. Food was a big part of my life. It took the place of feeling loved, of feeling wanted and of feeling worth. I had to find my motivation to get on the Bandwagon and stay there.

I learned many years ago that I do best with a very strict regimen. I can't fly by the seat of my pants. This is odd since I am the least type A personality - you'd ever meet. BUT when it comes to meeting goals, I have to make lists, I have to make plans and I have to be very strict with sticking to them. The same happened when I graduated from college with my triple degrees at the age of 19. I had to make studying my life. It had to become me. The same when I returned to school for my nursing degree. I had to eat, sleep and live my studies.

I have done that with my Lap Band and my new lifestyle. It has encompassed every part of my being. EVERY part of my life is associated in some way to my new lifestyle.

My advice to you - is don't give up! You just got a fill today! A time for a new beginning! The Lap Band is good at giving us new chances to start fresh!

Sit down and make a list of reasons why you want to be successful. List everything you can think of! Your health, your happiness, smaller sizes, more attractive appearance, better sex, all the NSV's available with a new body. List them and post them somewhere you'll see them daily. Then return to the good ole Bander Rules. Portion Control is a biggie if you don't feel you have restriction. Measure Measure Measure! Buy yourself some pretty little measuring cups, several different sets if you want, I have 4. Measure all of your food 1 cup to 1.5 cup per meal. Eat slow, take tiny bites and allow your pouch to stretch properly. Write on a paper when you've taken your last bite. Don't drink anything for an hour. Then drink your Water, crystal light, tea or whatever you drink. Get your 8 glasses in - through out the day. IF you get hungry before your 4 hours, that's okay, focus on foods that will feed your body. Foods that will help you meet your Protein goal of 60-80 grams a day. Nuts, cheese, a boiled egg, hummus, whatever you want in that area is a good snack. Eat your snack. That's okay, if you're hungry don't starve, but make good nutritious choices. Log onto www.fitday.com or www.dailyplate.com or anything other service that helps you track your intake. List everything that enters your mouth. Try to keep your fats down around 30-40% of your total calories, if you're consuming carbs, if not, than a higher fat % is okay.

Start moving your body. Don't try something that is impossible. Start with 5 mins a day for 6 days a week. 5 mins, walk in place in the morning or afternoon take a 5 mins walk. Anything, but do it everyday. After meeting the 5 mins a day for 6 days, increase it to 10 mins. There are three components to working out - Frequency, Duration, Intensity. Get the Frequency down first, then increase the time and lastly, once you're on track with 6 days a week, 20 mins a day, then you can increase the intensity. Don't do it all at once. Give yourself time to form a habit. 3 weeks makes a habit.

Jaime, I have faith in you. I remember meeting you the night before you were banded. You were excited, motivated and ready to start your new life. Don't lose sight of that excitement! But as you know, it takes work. I know you can do it. Be smart about it. Plan to be successful and you will. Believe you can do it and you will!

Truly, you can do this! I know you can!

Edited by PrtyAntOvrYt
I can't spell Jack!

I just wanted to write this, I am not trying to say that I am the Perfect Bander. I am far from it. I struggle everyday. Sometimes I fall off that wagon and eat something I know I shouldn't. I'm human. I fail, but I try to not beat myself up for it and I log it in on fitday and deal with the higher caloric intake because I ate half of a Panera Nutty chocolate Chip cookie (half is 240cals)! I've learned, this happens, so I plan healthier treats. Low fat, splenda cheesecake or Magic Peanut Butter Cookies -- apples peeled and cut with LF caramel sauce and chopped walnuts, pistachios, whatever. I know when I get a craving for something bad, I have to have something good in reach or I'll have a very hard time staying on track. I also get off track with my workouts. In December, I went three weeks without working out. I stopped when I started that research job and couldn't get back on. It took forever and felt like torture returning to that daily grind!

I guess, what I'm saying is it's not easy. None of us are perfect, but we all have had to find our way...

Jaime, Dee was incredibly eloquent in what she posted about food addiction, and I just want to second what she had to say.

I also do much better when I stick to a very strict regimen. If I'm not careful, I would live on ice cream and potato chips. So I plan my meals every single day and make sure that I'm fully aware of everything going in my mouth.

Even at that, I lose really slooooowwww (as we all know!). You started out with a BMI very similar to mine. In the long run, of course, it's good that we have less to lose. But we are going to lose at a lower rate than people who have more to lose. That's just the way it is. So if you compare your rate of weight loss with other people, you're just gonna' make yourself feel bad.

I think it took me about 3 months to lose 20 lbs (give or take) and I know I was discouraged as hell. But here I am at 7 months and I'm closing in on being 2/3 of the way to my goal weight. Yes, it's been slow and sometimes I get really discouraged, but I'm getting there. It's finally beginning to show and I'm feeling lots better and it's all been worth it.

So just hang in there. It's gonna happen. Try to find an "eating plan" you can stick with (lower carbs or whatever) and try to find something you can do for movement. Do you like to dance? See if DH will take you out dancing.

Oh yeah. And remember that the people on here are the BEST support group on earth and you can ALWAYS come here for a pat on the shoulder or a kick in the ass.

welldone2.gifwelldone2.gifclap.gifclap.gif

Adorkable (8lbs): -2.0+0.0clap.gif

Amethystjade (15lbs): -7.0, -2.0, -4.0-2.0welldone2.gif Reached Goal!!!

Bahotmomma (10lbs): -1:wub:

Bella (12lbs): -2.0, -0.0, +0.0-1.8-3.0clap.gif

Deboregon (10lbs): -8.4, +5.0, +4.0-8.2+0.0clap.gif

Jmegirl (10lbs): -1.8, -0.4, -1.2+1.0+0.0clap.gif

Julieann (15lbs): -3.9, -3.1, -3.1, -4.0,-2.0, -3.5 (19.6)Reached Goal!!! :thumbup:

KayleighsMommy (15lbs): -2.0,-2.0, +0.0-1.0:tt1:

Lapdancer (20lbs): -1.04, -8.0, -4.02-3.0-3.0welldone2.gifReached Goal!!!

Lotzasunshine (13lbs): -4.0, -1.0, +0.0+0.0+1.0clap.gif

Magaines (15lbs): -4.2, -2.0, +1.9-2.6+1.0clap.gif

Minidriver (10lbs): -4.9, -1.5, +0.0+.5-2.9clap.gif

MissMom: -5lbs:wub:

PrtyAntOvrYt (11lbs): -2.0, -0.0, -2.0-2.4+2.0clap.gif

Shelbi (7lbs):

I put myself down for a 3.5 loss. My April Fool's Day goal is 19 lbs (and that means wonderland since I am 218.7 now). That is going to be hard for me to hit and I will be traveling out of town on buisness for a week during that! That is always what derailed my weight loss before the band. It will be tough to work out and eat right on the road! I guess it will be a big test for me because I have to do it again in April!

Good luck girls. I can't wait to see how you have done this week!

Let me know how many want in on our next challage and what your goal is!

I am celebrating!!!:party:I reached 100 pounds lost. Yeah! Put me down for a 2lb loss this week. I am at 187. I am making a goal for the April Fool's challenge of 12 pounds. Dee, you have such a way with words. You explained what most of us are feeling. I know that without the band, I would have never, EVER, have lost this much weight, but we have to work hard also.

I am celebrating!!!:party:I reached 100 pounds lost. Yeah! Put me down for a 2lb loss this week. I am at 187. I am making a goal for the April Fool's challenge of 12 pounds. Dee, you have such a way with words. You explained what most of us are feeling. I know that without the band, I would have never, EVER, have lost this much weight, but we have to work hard also.

Bella -

I am dancing for you! :thumbup::rose::rose::Dancing_sorry:That is incredible! In just 7 Months! WOW! You are truely an inspiration.

I am up .20 this week, so I did not make my goal :thumbup:

So April Fool's Day is like 6.5 weeks away, so I'm going to try for 10 lbs again. I will be leaving for Mexico a week from today, so that's probably going to derail me a bit, but I'll do my best.

Amythest, Dee, Mini, Bella - Thank you all so much for your kind words. This is the best support group anyone could ask for. :thumbup:

For this week, put me down for zero again. Holding steady is better than a gain! This new fill will do it for me, I have to believe that.

For the VD challenge :rose: put me down for 12lbs. We start today and our first weigh-in is next week right?

Good luck everyone! And HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY ladies !!! :rose:

welldone2.gifclap.gifclap.gif:thumbup::huggie::rose::huggie::rose:

Adorkable (8lbs): -2.0+0.0clap.gif

Amethystjade (15lbs): -7.0, -2.0, -4.0-2.0welldone2.gif Reached Goal!!!

Bella (12lbs): -2.0, -0.0, +0.0-1.8-3.0-2.0:huggie:

Deboregon (10lbs): -8.4, +5.0, +4.0-8.2+0.0clap.gif

Jmegirl (10lbs): -1.8, -0.4, -1.2+1.0+0.0+0.0:huggie:

Julieann (15lbs): -3.9, -3.1, -3.1, -4.0-2.0welldone2.gifReached Goal!!!

KayleighsMommy (15lbs): -2.0,-2.0, +0.0-1.0:tt1:

Lapdancer (20lbs): -1.04, -8.0, -4.02-3.0-3.0welldone2.gifReached Goal!!!

Lotzasunshine (13lbs): -4.0, -1.0, +0.0+0.0+1.0-3.0:huggie:

Magaines (15lbs): -4.2, -2.0, +1.9-2.6+1.0clap.gif

Minidriver (10lbs): -4.9, -1.5, +0.0+.5-2.9+0.20:huggie:

PrtyAntOvrYt (11lbs): -2.0, -0.0, -2.0-2.4+2.0-4.0:huggie:

Edited by PrtyAntOvrYt

Congratulations!!!!