Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where do I begin... first, I have been eating way more than I should. I finally have my appetite back. I never did feel the lack of hunger that most talk about on this site. It seems I get hungry maybe 1hr to 2hrs after eating. I went to my doc appointment last week and according to him I lost 3lbs since my last visit a month ago. I was really disappointed and also confused because my home scale said I lost much more e.g. 7lbs. I have fallen off the exercise track, just can't seem to get myself motivated. Slipping back into bad habits eating junk or foods that are not good for me e.g bread, Cookies. Yesterday I went to a pig-roast, there was way too much food there and everything was delicious; not that I ate everything - my eyes are much bigger than my stomach literally, but I did overat as quite a bit came up. In fact I seem to do that a lot - throw up food. I have a refrigerator ful of left-overs and things to drink. The problem is that I can't eat most of what's in the fridge (waste of money) or the beverages that I once enjoyed e.g. juice, etc. It seems I'm always thirsty. I hate Water so it's a challenge to drink it. I drink Vita-Water or Gatorade or rather they are the only beverages that I can actually drink without feeling discomfort. I miss drinking sodas so badly, but haven't had one since surgery. I'm actually still scared to drink those, whis probably a good thing. I try to drink Protein Drinks a little more than I once did, but even they will often just sit on my stomach until they work their way through. In fact, I'm sitting here now trying to keep some food down. I primarily eat meat, because vegetables still don't go down very easy plus I still struggle to get my Protein in. I try very hard to stay away from starchy foods not because I exercise any willpower to do so, but I know they will come back up to. I would feel like a loser, but I AM losing! At least every other day while getting dressed, I find myself putting away another pair of pants that no longer fit. People have commented favorably on my looks (many simply say "have you done something with you hair? ?) In short I like how I look, but I don't like the fact that I don't seem to be sticking to any sort of diet. Finally, I feel a little sad today and I am an emotional eater; so I find myself constantly looking for something to eat but what I can eat, I don't want. What I shouldn't eat, I want; but quite often what I do eat - comes back up. I just can't seem to pull myself out of this funk or slump in terms of my program. Thanks for listening to me. I encourage responses of support or something...

Uh oh, sounds like you need to find something to occupy your mind so you don't think about food so much. Don't think of this as a diet by a new way of life and try to choose the food that is good for you (has nutritional value) first before going to the junk food. Have you tried any of the recipes that you can find here? there are some really good ones. Also maybe you can focus on taking smaller bites so that everything doesn't come back up. I would think having the Protein Shake sit in your stomach is okay until it goes through. You're getting your Proteins in and you're not picking on foods that are bad for you. Good luck with it.

you need to revamp everything... what you eat.. the way you eat it.. you have overcome the first hurdle.. having the surgery.. dont blow that now.. you have been given an important tool.. that tool cannot work on its own.. you have to help it to be successful. did your doc give you list of foods to eat? and you already know fast food is not a good choice.. hence throwing up or dumping syndrome... you need to quit that. you are harming your stomach.. throwing up is not good for it either.. get back on track.. healty foods only.. you need a hobby or join the gym.. go for a walk.. how far are you out? could be head hunger still.. I dont get hungry.. I have to remember to eat is my problem.. when Im home I eat more lil meals.. some nuts here.. a sugar free popsicle here and there.. and I make sure i drink all my liquids.. like crystal light.. and there are some powerades you can drink too that are ok... you dont have to eat those foods.. you choose to.. you can choose not to. Get up and get a job or a 2nd job if you are working.. keep your mind off of things.. go see a therapist about the emotional eating.. get a bike a go for a ride.. please dont harm your stomach by eating wrong.. you will wind up back in the hospital for sure.. with worse problems.. you can do this.. if I can.. you can too. its time to take back your life and not let food rule you.. you are in control.. you can do this.. :)

You can do this.. It is never too late to start over!

I had a hard time getting all my fluids in but I found that roobis tea was a great option for me. I drink at least 4 cups a day and now I am able to get my 8 glasses a day in. I find that when I am getting all of my Fluid that I do not get hungry much at all. The worst time of day for me is around 3:30 that's when I actually start feeling hungry and so I save my Protein drink for that time of the day and I have found it really works. Do you track your food intake? If not I would start tracking every day. You may be surprised at what you are actually consuming. I found that my fitness pal app works really well. I also attend support groups through the company I got my surgery with once a month and I find that very beneficial. That and I am browsing the sleeve forums on a regular basis for encouragement and support. I too am an emotional eater, always have been. The only thing that works for me is to not keep the junk food in my house. That way when I am angry or sad I can't eat it and that method has been working really well. I recently discovered audio books that are free from our public library system through an app. So now during my down time I listen to books and that seems to occupy my head hunger as well. I have only vomited a few times and for me I either ate too fast, didn't chew well enough, or I ate too much. Make sure you take small bites, chew well and stop before you start feeling any pain. Good luck:)