Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Autoimmune Issues and VSG?

@ ericlee..I had to get off celabrex also...tylenolyn belles while i was off meds....so sorry your ra doctor wAsnt more understanding...

So you think I won't be able to take my Celebrex anymore?

my husband is/was on blood pressure meds. We're 11 days post-op and really his BP is too low for him to take them anymore. I hope that happens with you as well :)

Congratulations! I can't wait! Even though I will be taking medications for my RA I would love to scratch my B/P med off cause it makes me have to run to the bathroom all the time. I would also like to get rid of my CPAP machine.

So you think I won't be able to take my Celebrex anymore?

I Wasnt because the doctor said hé préféréd i didnt due to the irration to my new tummy. So I didnt get back on them so far. I had my first methotrexate injection yesterday and took my folic acid...

I Wasnt because the doctor said hé préféréd i didnt due to the irration to my new tummy. So I didnt get back on them so far. I had my first methotrexate injection yesterday and took my folic acid...

Oh I haven't used Methotrexate or folic acid for two or three years now. My second Rheumatologist was an awesome guy. I really miss him. He is the one that helped me out the most. My first rheumy was a quack and now this one, my third rheumy is alright.

I need some help/information please. I haven't taken meds for 3 weeks now due t the surgery. I have been doing GREAT so far, but seem to be deteriorating a bit over the last few days. Constantly light headed, exhausted, and need to lie down all the time. I have less energy at 14 days out than I did 2 days after being sleeved.

My husband says this happened to me the last time I was off my RA meds. Do you think this is possible? Do you start to get light headed and tired if you go off the meds, or right before a flare up? I'm really worried today. :(

I need some help/information please. I haven't taken meds for 3 weeks now due t the surgery. I have been doing GREAT so far' date=' but seem to be deteriorating a bit over the last few days. Constantly light headed, exhausted, and need to lie down all the time. I have less energy at 14 days out than I did 2 days after being sleeved.

My husband says this happened to me the last time I was off my RA meds. Do you think this is possible? Do you start to get light headed and tired if you go off the meds, or right before a flare up? I'm really worried today. :([/quote']

I did, but recently started feeling like that, and then a flare up started...had been off meds since may, had surgery in june..i start my injection last week cause doctor switch me from pills to a shot once a week. Im still tires, but hopefully it will be better after a few shots..

I need some help/information please. I haven't taken meds for 3 weeks now due t the surgery. I have been doing GREAT so far, but seem to be deteriorating a bit over the last few days. Constantly light headed, exhausted, and need to lie down all the time. I have less energy at 14 days out than I did 2 days after being sleeved.

My husband says this happened to me the last time I was off my RA meds. Do you think this is possible? Do you start to get light headed and tired if you go off the meds, or right before a flare up? I'm really worried today. :(

I do definitely have those symptoms before/during a flare and if I'm off my meds(like now) I can barely make it off the couch. This is bad for me right now as I am moving Labor day weekend. When can you go back on your meds?

I do definitely have those symptoms before/during a flare and if I'm off my meds(like now) I can barely make it off the couch. This is bad for me right now as I am moving Labor day weekend. When can you go back on your meds?

Not for another week. The surgeon said to increase calories and carbs and see if that helps,,so I'm going to try that today. How about you? Can you get back on meds before Labor Day?

definitely not. First shot after surgery will be the week of the 8th of September. Just praying the move goes smoothly and that like the last time I had surgery since RA my immune system decides to do what it's supposed to do and give me a break with these symptoms. I upped my calories today as well, and am feeling some better....so we can always hope!!

all of this has been so informative! i have fibromyalgia (I take Lyrica and can continue with that) also have arthritis but had to give up Celebrex... I have celiac disease which is an auto-immune disorder, haven't seen anyone else on here with that. Also have sleep apnea, use a cpap.......my surgery is in 2 days and I hope to relieve may of these problems. interesting to read all of your posts, thanks, be well!

all of this has been so informative! i have fibromyalgia (I take Lyrica and can continue with that) also have arthritis but had to give up Celebrex... I have celiac disease which is an auto-immune disorder' date=' haven't seen anyone else on here with that. Also have sleep apnea, use a cpap.......my surgery is in 2 days and I hope to relieve may of these problems. interesting to read all of your posts, thanks, be well![/quote']

I have been diagnosed with those diseases including celiac's. I have been gluten free for four years. Had surgery in May. Since we spend so much time being prepared in case there is no food available, this seems like business as usual. I have done well here if you have questions.

Blessings ~ Melody

I read a post where someone no longer had to take meds for RA or thyroid after their sleeve because of no inflammation after the weight loss. Those are the only things I take meds for, so I'm really hopeful that I can at least reduce my dosages for both. Fingers crossed!

Im 8 weeks out. I have fibromyalia, ostioarthritis , sleep apnea, high blood pressure... I don't take the Mobic because of possibly damage to my tummy and seem to be doing well, however , i havent started teaching my 4 year olds yet! I have been able to drop one of my blood pressure MEDS because it was too low. I'm hoping to get rid of the cpap and take less cymbolta for the fibro. It's always a balancing act.

Melody, hello! another celiac! I know, having limited choices is something that I am used to. Tomorrow is my surgery day! Do you have other food allergies? I do.......stay in touch!

all of this has been so informative! i have fibromyalgia (I take Lyrica and can continue with that) also have arthritis but had to give up Celebrex... I have celiac disease which is an auto-immune disorder, haven't seen anyone else on here with that. Also have sleep apnea, use a cpap.......my surgery is in 2 days and I hope to relieve may of these problems. interesting to read all of your posts, thanks, be well!

My surgery is Tuesday....sounds like we will be battling together!! Keep us posted on your progress!!