Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Would You Have Weight Loss Surgery Again?

Would You Have Weight Loss Surgery Again?  

421 members have voted

1. 1. Knowing what you know now about weight loss surgery, would you do it again if you had the chance to make your decision again?

• Yes, without a doubt! The surgery has been everything I’d hoped for.
    • Yes, probably. The journey hasn’t been easy, but I’m losing weight and feel that this was my best option.
    • Yes, but I would have chosen a different type of weight loss surgery.
    • No. I’ve had complications and my health has suffered and/or I haven’t been hitting my weight loss goals.
    • I haven’t had the surgery yet, but I’m looking at the results of this poll carefully to help me make my decision!
    • Other...read my response below!

I don't know what's up with these smart remarks on this site but its ridiculous the question is would u have weight loss surgery again & I answered the question this is how I feel ,my opinion no 1 needs ur negativity like I said this is suppose 2 be a support site not a hate site we suppose 2 help one another not try 2 make people feel bad wow

I actually have zero negativity or hate I have lost 143 pounds and living a happy healthy life. It was not me that was complaining....

I truly hope that you realize that taking daily Vitamins is a small price to pay for good health.

Good Luck with your journey!

I would do it again! I'm only a few weeks out' date=' but its been a great experience so far. I am one of these "low BMIers" that some of you seem to despise. My BMI was 38, and I had no comorbidalties. I've seen a recent post on here say that people people who are slightly overweight shouldn't be allowed to have the surgery. But, having a BMI of 30-40 isn't slightly overweight, it's OBESE. Even if I didn't have any health issues, just being obese is amajor threat. I've seen all of my family suffer from heart disease and diabetes, so why would I wait until I have them too to get this under control?[/quote']

I completely agree with you. I have a bmi of 40 and I dont have any comorbodities but my dad grandma and uncle have diabetes and two of them have hearth attacks. The only thing I have is gerd and hemochromatosis. This make me decide that I did not want to waith until I get any disease especially trombosis or anything like that which is in my mom side. I inherited the hemochromatosis from her she has it and my brother too. We all have to donate blood every three months. Because our Iron levels in the blood are too high.

I had my sleeve done on May 22nd and I wouldn't repeat this if I could have viewed what it would be like afterwards. I regret it fully. It won't even be worth it when I'm a 100lbs lighter....which would put me at 164 as of today. Yes, I miss food. Mostly, I'm annoyed I could die by eating a sunflower seed. This is crazy. Should have done 3 lean and greens.

Its to late now so I'm dealing with it.

Lastly don't be offended if someone post something you do not agree with. Seriously, its called freedom of speech.

Please hang in there. You are still in the brutal reality stage, in a couple of months you should feel better overall physically. That mental break over food will last and/or take much longer but should get easier as well.

I got 2 tell u my opinion is my opinion & no one ask u 2 comment with your smart remarks if u have nothing nice 2 say then don't say nothing at all knowing what u have 2 do & then having 2 make yourself do it everyday is a lot of work smart ass I answered the question worry about yourself u must be miserable this is a support site not a hate site

You gave your opinion and someone else gave there....so it goes both ways.This is a site with thousands of different personalities, not everyone is going to coddle or agree with you. That's life, especially on a world-wide forum.

Plus, going to be real honest here..I have a hard time taking comments written like this seriously. Leave it to Prince.

You gave your opinion and someone else gave there....so it goes both ways.This is a site with thousands of different personalities' date=' not everyone is going to coddle or agree with you. That's life, especially on a world-wide forum.

Plus, going to be real honest here..I have a hard time taking comments written like this seriously. Leave it to Prince.[/quote']

Wow & u don't have to take it seriously. ***************************

Edited by *susan*
Inappropriate language, violation of forum rules.

You are welcome to disagree with one another, but please do so in a respectful and appropriate manner, keeping in mind the rules of our forum.

Thank you.

I have not had the surgery yet but my thought is that going into this surgery we are all told the complications,risks,death etc so why are some people shocked if it happens to them or their friends. I am petrified that something could go wrong and I have 4 kids under 9 at home but going into this I know what could happen and will not be shocked if it does happen that is the point of all the classes isn't it

I have not had the surgery yet but my thought is that going into this surgery we are all told the complications' date='risks,death etc so why are some people shocked if it happens to them or their friends. I am petrified that something could go wrong and I have 4 kids under 9 at home but going into this I know what could happen and will not shocked if it does happen that is the point of all the classes isn't it[/quote']

Hello! It is that easy when you haven't walked the walk yet hon. Good luck to you!!

I have not had the surgery yet but my thought is that going into this surgery we are all told the complications,risks,death etc so why are some people shocked if it happens to them or their friends. I am petrified that something could go wrong and I have 4 kids under 9 at home but going into this I know what could happen and will not be shocked if it does happen that is the point of all the classes isn't it

I totally agree with you. This is just like doing anything else...driving a car, getting on an airplane, any other surgery, etc... Going into this you should know all the risks and come to terms with the fact that they can, and might, happen to you. If you can't go into the operating room feeling good about your decision knowing this, then you should not be getting the surgery.

Hello! It is that easy when you haven't walked the walk yet hon. Good luck to you!!

Luv u post people just don't understand until u go thro it u don't have no experience just knowledge (difference)

I am POSTOP and I think it is absolutely insane to go into any surgery without being 100% ok with any and all risks. Last I checked, this surgery is ELECTIVE. If you aren't comfortable with the risks, then get off your butt and exercise and change your eating habits on your own.

I am Post-op....5 1/2 months...I HAVE walked the walk....& I totally agree! We ALL were told of the risks...we agreed to the surgery! If you didn't fully understand the risks..than shame on you for having 85% of your stomach removed without fully understanding! It is NOT easy...but I would def do it again!

This proves how important sessions and discussions are with the surgical teams before making this commitment. Going into this is a huge deal and all outcomes and life changes need to be understood.

Nope your right I haven't been there yet but let's see I know someone who died from it, my friend just had it on May 6 and has been in and out of the hospital since from either bleeding,dehydration or something, I have a aunt who gained all her weight back and I have a friend who is a year out and is doing great. So I have not yet went through it myself but its all around me. On another note I did have a hysterectomy in April and lived and I know someone that just died of complications from that. all surgeries have complications but this one is elective electricians is why we have classes etc to make sure your okay with all the risks.

I am almost 3 months out from surgery and down 50 pound, my BMI was 58.8 and now it is 49.9. I still have a long ways to go but I will hang in there. We are need to support each other in a positive way. We are know this was not going to be easy but I think we are all doing our best. I feel so sorry for those who are having a rough time right now. Complications can come up anything during the 1st year after surgery and I hope and pray these are issues that can be helped with our surgeons and nutrionists. The not eating is a bummer but this is what we wanted, we had surgical intervention to help us stop eating and gain control over food and this surgery sure does do that. Anyone will gain weight back including myself if we do not learn anything from this. Most of us are emotional eaters, we eat when we are happy, sad, frustrated or feel that our friends and family just don't get us. I know I have an eating disorder and no Jenny Craig, Weight Watchers, or Nutrasystem diet is going to cure me so this surgery has helped me. I also have thryroid issues so it is just tough for me all the way around. My heart goes out to those folks who are sufferning from the surgery but really try to stay positive, we had all made the decision to have this surgery and there is not going back. Ebrace today and the days to come and with the help of God we can make it to our goals. I have already seen changes in some of my friends, some do not like seeing me 50 pounds lighter and this makes me laugh since I have another 120 pounds to go. If they are this way now, what the hell are they going to be like another 120 pounds from now? I think I need to start looking for a new support group and new friends. Hang in there guys we are on our way!!!! The journey is really a life long process.