Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December chat

Just stopping in to say hi - will be back to do personals later. Got the tree up and decorated but I have to finish stringing the popcorn and cranberries. Yes, you read that correctly. Yes, I am insane.

The scale is starting to move - woo hoo!

Oh yeah my 2 cents on the complication thing - after slipping myself I absolutely think that it's caused by being too tight. I didn't know I was too tight at the time, but in hindsight I definitely was. My grand theory on complications: there are 3 possible - erosion, slippage, and port replacement. I've already had 2 of those, so statistically it would be IMPOSSIBLE for me to erode. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Love you guys,

I agree Anne, so we will just refuse to let it happen! There that's done!

Betty, I would love for someone nice to come into his life, and make him a happy man. There is a part of me that wants him to be a miserable as he made my DD. BUT my DGD has to go and stay with him. So I want the woman to be nice and loving to her, and I want her to grow up well adjusted, so I want her Daddy to be a happy loving man. The only way to accomplish these things is with his happiness, so I am hoping he finds it. Right now all he is concentrating on is getting his family back, but that ship has sailed, and he is the one who pushed them out to sea....so someday soon I hope he get's it together and finds happiness. He called again, as we were leaving to go to the Polar Express Train Ride...and did his best to wangle an invite to it. Now keep in mind it was part of DH's company Christmas celebration for the kids, you had to make reservations. So DH ask him (they work for the same company---a job DH got him several years ago), he said no he wasn't gonna go, the movie was lame, and she was too young. So we made reservations for all the grandkids to go with us. He had a chance to take her for a Daddy/Daughter time and refused. No way was I going to have him horn in again!

Speaking of our Train Ride, it was GREAT!!!! The older kids were able to connect what we were doing to the movie, which we watched that afternoon. The 2 yr. old knows Santa, and surprisingly was not afraid!! The 9 month old....screamed if Santa or the Mrs. or an elf came near him!!! But he was mesmerized by the lights! Our 6 yr GS Mason, kept asking us "Am I really on a real train? Is it really moving or is it a movie?" I was exhausted by the time we got home, but it was a blast. The GD who is staying with us right now, woke up early this morning when Grampa went to work, and tells us "Ianna go train" Ianna is her word....she wants to see, to touch, to smell, to taste, to go...everything !!!

Dang Eileen....hate that you are chained to your desk....sorry.

Ivan....just gotta say I shoulda seen the auction before I finished my Christmas shopping....coulda bought some bands!!! That is hard to believe!!! And you are right it isn't cheap at all!!! But some people (my PCP's wife) would look into it. She is about 30-40 pounds overweight, seriously diabetic, and unwilling to adjust her diet accordingly. I told her point blank, that if she was unwilling to adjust her diet for the diabetes then she would find band/diet just as difficult. That it does require you to follow an eating plan. She just told me that is not the way it was explained to her. OK...know it all busy body anyway!!!

Cindy--I am getting so excited for your retirement countdown---and my life is not even going to change!!!

Cassie--sorry we didn't warn you about the monthly move of chats--it keeps our pages down and manageable. Mushies are a good change from liquids, but also remind you more of what you are missing food wise. It too will pass. What did you do to cause the PB, too much too fast? I did really well with Pintos & cheese from Taco Bell. They were heaven sent! Now my DS made us some on the outdoor wok that were awesom, but just way too much work for 4-5 bites!!! I would take justa few bites, then come back for more later. It was hard....but it passes, look how far you have come, and the weight is dropping!!! You are doing it girl!!! Congrats!!!

Well the GD finally woke back up and is ready for breakfast---bbl

Kat

Anne, I love real strings of popcorn and cranberries! I haven't done that in years, but I would like to! We made little ornaments for our trees outside, with Peanut Butter and birdseed and dried fruit, for the birdies! Uhm, not this year....but it's fun!

Countdown update...counting today, 12 days! I'm starting to get "short-timer's attitude." I actually don't care about some of the things that are being discussed. I think I'm switching gears to "home-centered." I love it!

Hey Guys

Another glorious day in Mortgage Lending....

Sherry - what can I say - great minds think alike? I am thinking about taking off early again today. I have a little cold - so I have an excuse to take off a little early and go home to rest. Maybe I will decorate this afternoon - or NOT. Although it looks like I don't have to pack for NYC tonight, after all....Maybe I will decorate instead.

Ira - I think there was a band on E-bay once before - last year sometime. It caused quite the ruckus, here. I think somebody told Inamed and they made them take it off the site. So, is that a Doctor putting his services on E-bay? or is it just the band in a box?

Betty - Man - we are really on the same brain-wave pattern right now, aren't we? I keep thinking - "Gee, all this tree really needs is some garland? maybe a little tinsel? It looks GREAT when you light it up at night - even without any decorations." :]

Eileenie - Looks like we are going to miss our lunch date AGAIN this month. Our investors aren't coming until next week - so, my trip has been canceled. :[ My favorite Christmas song is Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas - the Judy Garland version. I guess the good news is that you don't have to worry about taking my cold home to your darlings.

Cindy - Can you hear us all joining in on the countdown? Everyone together now: "TWELVE!" (what is that? Lords a leaping? Maids a Milking? I can never keep that darned song straight.) I say we mark each day of the 12 remaining with a verse from the song. :]

Mary - Hugs!! Hope that neck & shoulder feel better, soon.

Cass - vent away, dear. It's really ok. That's what friends are for. So, you are hungry a lot - but you are tight enough to have a PB? Or were you just not paying attention, or something? Hugs! When can you move up to soft foods? This was the hardest time for me, too. it's only a couple more weeks.... soon, it will be better.

Anne - crazy? Maybe - but darned if those homemade strands of popcorn and cranberries don't look better than any decorations you could buy! I love that stuff too - but never, ever have the time. Congrats on the scale moving! All the Water retention I had from T-Day and Tom has gone away - So I am back down and have even lost a pound from pre-T-day. Yee Haw! I am going to make that 50 lbs by my anniversary date, yet!

Kat - Hugs to that GD and to you. I am also a big believer in the power of positive thought. I refuse to have any complications. I will not slip, I will not erode. I will lose weight. That's it. :] You, Me, Anne and all the rest of our group. No more complications. No way, no how. :]

Well, I found out as I was typing this up that my trip is probably canceled. It's a good news/bad news kind of thing. I was really looking forward to lunch with Eileenie - but not looking forward to travelling with a cold. So, I get to avoid the whole puff-up from travelling, as well as the rich foods and stress involved. *sigh*.

I will check in with you guys tomorrow.

Hugs!

Cindy... My hubby was just talking about how they used to do the cranberries and popcorn strings at his grandparents... I think we will definitely do that next year! His Grandmother died this weekend and so I brought out all of her old ornaments and left the new ones in the basement... those with all of our old ornaments look beautiful and it was the best tribute I could come up with. I wish I would have known her when she was younger... she was 95 and nolonger remembered anyone. My favorite soung is also O Holy Night... and Josh give me goose bumples.

Went to the surgeon today to discuss removing my band. We removed what was supposed to be 1 cc... there was 2cc's... no wonder I have been having troubles. Anyhoo...we are going to wait a month and then try again. I gained 10 more pounds from my last visit.

Anne... Congrats... Glad the scale is moving for ya! Did you let the popcorn get a little stale before stringing???? Just wondering as I have never tired it.

Beanie... SOrry about your trip being cancelled... it's better you stay and play with us. :D

Cassandra .... Being overfilled form the start has caused so many problems with my band... it's better to go slow even though everything in ya will tell you to go fast. Hope you feel better soon.

Kat... I sure hope my daughter can avoid going through divorce... Lord knows the one between her Dad and I has been rough on her. It has to be tough to stand back and watch it all happen. (((hugs)))

Eileen... THat darned boss... BUT...THursday will be here soon and you will have whole bunches of stuff to tell us!

Mary... So sorry about your shoulder... hope you are feeling better soon!

Betty... Girl... sorry about the cold weather... but I sure know how it feels. :o

Guess I had better go check the taters!

Hi Y'all!

Only got a minute, fixing supper, but wanted to say hello!

Silver Bells, Silver Bells, it's Christmas time in the city. Ring a ling, hear them ring, soon it will be Christmas day!

Yup, Eileen, my favorite song! :biggrin1:

Darcy - Sorry about DH's GM! Why does it always happen around the holidays? Hugs to you both! Sorry to hear you are still having problems with your band. Hopefully the unfill will help you.

Anne - I always use to string popcorn and cranberries. I thought about doing it this year, but changed my mind. I just love the way it looks on a tree, and I always hung real candy canes on mine too.

Beanie - Sorry about the trip and the cold! Get some rest and feel better. I have been fighting catching it for about a month. Everyone at work has it and my DH had it too. I don't want it!

Cass - Welcome to bandland! Sorry you are having problems, be careful and sip slowly. Refired Beans, mashed potatoes & gravy was a friend of mine during this time.

Cindy - Your outside tree sounds really neat. I am a bird feeding nut! I just love to watch them.

Kat - glad you have fun on the train.

Gotta run, before my supper burns up!

Howdy y'all...worked from home so I got a heck of a lot more accomplished than I would of at the office but, never enough lol. I wish I could of completed more but, oh well...everything takes time to research.

Anywho...uneventful Tuesday cept I didn't get to go dancin with Chrispy because my appointment ran pretty late and I was exhausted after. Tomorrow DH has an appointment so looks like the gym will have to wait until Thursday. Maybe if I'm thinking....I'll get on my dang bike and move my ars for at least 30 minutes...or decorate my tree...or sumtin

Cindy - 3 pounds deary is far from "little". You're doing fabulouso missy. I think that's great!

Eileen - Favorite song aye...hmmm....I love them all but I guess my favorite would be....Hark the harold angels sing, glory to the new born king, peace on earth and mercy mild, lord and sinners reconcile, Joyful all ye nations rise, join the chorus of the skys, with angelic host proclaim Christ was born in Bethlehem or perhaps.....Joy to the world, the savior reigns, let Earth receive her King! Oh I don't know do I hafta pick one hee hee

Darcy - Did you band slip? Was I sleepin and missed something? I hope you're ok.

Bean - I hope ya don't get a full blow cold. Take some of that AirBorne stuff it works great! Right now is the time to take it though...when you're first feeling the cold.

Anne - Wowee tree decorated AND doing popcorn and cranberries. Can I persuade you to make some extra and mail it hee hee. I have the tree up but, no decorations :D I'll get them up just in time to take back down UGH.

Ivan - weird things can be bought on ebay for sure. Now...it says the money has to be sent in advance...wonder what the chances are that why ya showed up in Germany that the doctor even exhists :guess Mail order surgery...pretty scarey thought. Hope all is going well for ya.

Vegge - Believe me when I say..you're not the only one that got lost when the new threads starts hahaha. I'm usually lost for days until it dawns on me the reason I'm not getting updates from LBT is because duhhh they moved on to the next months chat. :confused: Welcome to December.

Mary - What the heck did you do to your neck and shoulder? I usually do that when I get a new pillow hee hee. Hope you're feeling better soon.

Betty - It's been REALLY cold here. NE weather is tough but I love it. Just a few days ago we were at 60 degrees and yesterday SNOW lol. Today it was bitter cold but clear and tonight it's boogie freezin cold. hahah You know when you walk out and zing frozen lol (was my favorite Calvin and Hobbs comic lol.)

Kat - boy...you certainly are kept busy :) Sounds like your DD's ex is jealous hmmmm what a shame. Anyway I do hope everything goes smoothly with that and I'm glad your DD had a good time. I've never been to Vegas.....someday when I'm ready to part with some of my money on a machine I'll go lol

Patty, Pat, Chrispy, Allison, Mandy HELLLLLOOOOOOO.

Well...tomorrow is hump day Wednesday and I have to help entertain a client after hours. Another late day....chat wit ya soon goils and guy :o

Pat, that is too funny. ~Mandy

Hello! I hope that everyone is having a nice day. The PB happenend b/c I was eating too fast and too big of bites and not paying attention...I was eating hummus and small bites of pita crackers, but I think too much hummus... I was soo hungry and I let my hunger get the better of me.

I actually made home made refriend Beans yesterday, they turned out ok, but they were really bland...and the color was awful---grey!

Hey All.

Here I am in Dallas....instead of NYC. HMMPH!

Darcy - so what was it? Reverse Osmosis? Or did your doc just screw up the last time he filled you? *sigh*. So hard to get good help these days.... so sorry about your DH's Granny. Hugs!

Betty - thanks for the reminder! I need to go get some candy canes! I love to hang them on the tree, too. No - I don't think you want to get this cold. It has been hovering for several days now - since last Friday. It isn't enough to really put you down - it just makes you feel Icky for about a week. I think I am on the downhill end of it, now.

Sherry - I think the cold is as "Full Blown" as it is going to get. Ick. Just call me Snoterella. I really wish I could work from home. I imagine I would get just as much done in the comfort of my jammies... Plus I wouldn't be spreading my cold germs to the world.

Pat - Wow - check out that Choreography. I can see where learning that little dance could take some time. :] Hugs!

Mandy - Hi!! Hugs!

Cass - Salsa is our friend - and spices are totally band friendly. :] No need for bland. In fact, I have found that eating spicier foods makes it easier to slow down. Hugs! Soon, this whole liquid/mushy diet will be a distant memory.

Well - Nothing much exciting going on. I look like I have a cold (like hell) and I feel about the same - but otherwise, nothing new, nothing exciting.

Hope all is well with you guys.

xo

I hear ya Beannie I must be one of Snoterella's snotty step sisters, I am coming down with it hard and fast. My chest is so tight, it is kinda scary. Thinking a Dr. might be the way to go. Sore throat, nasty nose...the usual. I will survive!!! Too damn mean not to!

Be back later guys.....a nap is calling me.

Kat

Good afternoon!

So it's "Eleven Lords a Leapin'" for me today!

I just got back from doing the shopping for Holiday Luncheon, which is tomorrow...it's the big shindig of the year...look at me! I'm the coordinator! And, I should be down there decorating right now!

Cass, eating too fast will choke you or make you PB every time, so start paying attention! I STILL do it, and I'm almost a year and half out from surgery. It's a hard habit to break. Good luck with the next hungry moment! Hugs!

Gotta run...more later....hugs to everyone!

Cindy

Pat...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... thanks girl... I needed that! Great legs ya got thar. *wink*

Beanie... Not sure what the deal was...lol. I just know I feel SOOOOOOOOOOO much better now that I am on empty! I still have some restriction but I actually feel full now when I eat instead of just having pain ...followed by voracious hunger. I was literally so hungry all of the time and the liquid calories were killin my girlish figure! Hey... that sounds like a great song title... Here I am in Dallas instead of NYC... Hmmph. :eek:

Sherry...Nope...No slip... just the usual can't tolerate a fill, sick of failing with a band saga...lol. Sorry you missed using your dancin shoes with Crispy!

Eileen... We are all lookin forward to a long post from you tomorrow!

Cassandra... Refried Beans... not pretty... BUT... and if you close your eyes while eating them... they look that way all over your face. :)

Cindy... Don't forget to slow down and enjoy the holiday season!

Kat...Sorry you are feelin puny... Handing you a warm and cozy quilt and a Jug O Nyquil.

Betty... Funny... when I was singing your song for today the little turd district manager of Hyundai came to mind...hmmm????

Spent the whole day cleaning and sewing little gifts for guests of our party on the 28th. I am not much of a hostess so I'm sure I'll have a nervous breakdown two days before...lol.

Hugs to you all...