Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December chat

Hello my friends,

Just thought I would stop in and say hi and start the December thread. All is well here. As far as band related stuff, I must admit that maintaining my goal weight is more difficult than loosing. I actually did gain a couple of pounds back after hitting my goal and its really work to keep it off.

My wife is doing well with her band, she has already lost 50 lbs.

As usual, nothing interesting is going on. I wish I had something to talk about.

Hi Ivan

You had me going for a minute ~ I was like WOW I am totally off a day.. I too am struggling to keep the added pounds off. I joined Curves but have not actually went in anymore to work out. I have it all planned in my head what I need to do, but getting the rest of me to cooperate is something else.

Kuddos to your wife on the 50lbs..

Later Bye

Ivan!!!

How the heck are you? So glad to hear that you and your DW are doing well. Maintenance - that's ALWAYS been the hardest part.

No more excitement every morning when you scurry to the scale to see if you have lost another pound - no more commiserating over what on earth you can possibly wear...

But, hey - try and concentrate on how great it feels to be able to move around like a normie - to actually LOOK like a normie and be treated as one.

Stop by and see us more - even if you don't have much to say.

Hugs!!

:]

oooooo gotta post to December so I get the reminders tomorrow and I'm not out there thinking...Geesh Nj has been quiet hee hee

Good Morning Y'all!

Gosh, it's hard for me to believe it is December already! I guess I should with the weather we are having! I'm glad it's Friday, last day and I can wear jeans and a big old sweatshirt. Well, it's not old, but it's warm!:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

I still haven't done the first thing for Christmas! I just can't get in the mood this year! I think it is so much work on Thanksgiving that wears me out, then it's hard to get going again. I guess I'll get there!:tired

Ivan - It's good to see you again! I'm glad your DW is doing great too! I agree that maintaining is harder!

Well, just wanted to drop in and say a quick hello, I'll catch y'all later!

Have a great day!

HAPPY DECEMBER!

Thanks Ira for starting the thread and stopping by to say hello. Glad you and your wife is doing so well.

Mary-Congrats at being at your goal also! Now get to curves!..lol..

Sherry-you crack me up! Hey are you sending me emails..miss boberry? It has taken me until today to figure out it must be you. Is it?

Betty-Turn on the radio station and sing your heart out and you'll get in the mood! Especially those chestnuts roasting on an open fire!! Falis Naviada I can't spell it but I JUST WANNA WISH YOU A MERRY CHRISTMAS..LOL..OK I'M NUTS I LOVE THAT SONG.

Eileen-Do you need me to sing to you too?

Kathy-HANG WITH US! Yes Darcy hangs here. You should too. I didn't know you smoked! Well congratulations on quitting! We have so much fun here I hope you'll join us. You can talk about boogers, farts, sex, boobs you name it! LOL

Ok so I really need to get me stuff together. I haven't begun to pack! AHH I even have a sales call this afternoon Christmas party tonight and decorating for the party!

So have we ever talked about our most embarrassing moments?

Mine was about 7 years ago. My sister and I had flown to Florida together when we came home we had park at a remote lot at the airport. I had a dress on with stockings and no underwear control tops! Anyway I went to the bathroom and there I was standing in line with 10 people behind me and the man taps me on the shoulder and says excuse me mam, I think you have a problem...AHH..I had tucked my dress into my stockings! So there my size 26 Butt was shining to everyone in the room! It was so funny, but I thought I was going to die!

Hi Kathy---Darcy is here, when she isn't busy taking care of the animals! We keep hoping she will slow down and pop in for a visit. When she does stop by she reads the posts. She will for sure be proud of you....it is not an easy thing to do! My oldest DD was 12 when I finally quit, a few months later a friend was saying she was going to quit. My DD told her DD "You can come hang out here, it gets pretty ugly, but it's better now". I guess I DID get pretty ugly!

But I did it, and you will too!

Well it is still in the single digits here, and I have a ton of running around to do today. It has been so cold the last few days, that I kept putting it off, and now it has to be done...the party is tonight (my granddaughters 2nd birthday). We originally planned it for tomorrow afternoon, but had to change it, I had an elderly Aunt pass away on Thanksgiving (also her birthday, and the day she died both!), and they are holding services tomorrow. She was 86, and lived a good life until the last year. Her diabetes went berserk this last year, and she ended up having to have her leg amputated. She hated that, She was always a vivacious vain woman...well she had a massive stroke during the amputation surgery, and never fully recovered. She would have chose this, and I can't help but think she did!

Well I got the most of my decorations up. I will take pics tonight during the party, and will try to get one of my stockings on the wall...I have no mantle or staircase for them. I did a poor job of arranging them this year, I just put them up!! I sat up late last night and did most of the wrapping for the things I have bought already, I didn't want it open with everyone going to be here tonight. Tree looks much more Christmas-y with all the gifts under it!

Gotta work on cards sometime here!!! Maybe after we get the birthday out of the way! She is a HUGE Elmo fan... so we are having an Elmo party. Ironically yesterdays Sesame Street was all about birthdays. They kept asking "Who's birthday is it?" Well it was a couple of SS characters, but Kinsey kept yelling at the TV "Kissey's (she loses her "n")birsday-me, me ME". She knows to tell you she is 2. That is all too cute, but the rest of the day, she is every bit a 2 year old....her favorite word...NO! She has figured out how to whine--uurrgghh. Thank goodness she minds Granny well, but she already knows her Mommy will give in. I know she does it because she gets to spend such little time with her, but it only makes it worse!

Well guess I should go unload the DW and start another load going in! It never ends! And I didn't even cook dinner, we ordered in!

Will talk to you all when I get a free moment!

Kat

Dianne--Feliz Navidad..........unless you ask my DS who sang a parody of it...something about Fleas Are Not Bad.....

Kat

Fleas not so bad, that's funny. Did you know that Elmo's voice is a 40 something year old black man? He is very funny and seems really nice. He was on Oprah recently. Very nice looking too, kinda like Cuba Gooding Jr.

We got a ton of snow dumped on us last night, over 4 inches and it is still falling. We are still under a major storm warning. We are staying in today, I am making veggie beef Soup today, and pot roast tomorow. Abi and Dave are going sledding this afternoon, school was canceled and so was her dr's appointment. That's a good thing, our roads are not plowed yet. We shoveled the driveway and Dave helped the neighbor with hers. I bought salt and salted the driveway. Now I am sitting here watching it snow, it's going to be a long weekend. 3 days of snow and being stuck inside, woohoo. I can get the last of my wrapping done and maybe get the rest of my laundry caught up, it's time to finish packing away the summer/fall stuff. I am also washing DH's coat and coveralls to make them fresh again. Well gotta run, Abi needs to start getting bundled up for the play time in the snow. Talk to ya'll later. ~Mandy

Here are some pics of our snow time. This is the hill at the end of our block. The building in the background is a warehouse of some sort.

Here's another:

Howdy!

Cindy - clearly, you were the smart one! Did you get to stay home today, too? And, no - we never tire of your little theories... :]

Dianne - work for your surgeon? That could be good. It's not like the world is going to cease being overweight anytime soon - Job Security. And your embarrassing moment pretty much tops anything that has ever happened to me. I am pretty sure that I would have sunk into the floor. Not only were you mooning the world - but it was a MAN who was kind enough to point it out to you. So much for sisterhood, huh?

Betty - I always buy my lottery tickets 10 drawings at a time - that means I only have to go in and get them every 1.5 mos... it works for me - unless I forget to go in for weeks after they expire. Ah - the bra story cracks me up! How young you were. :] oh - and don't feel bad. Aside from buying the plastic tree, I haven't done anything, either. :]

Chris - so, did the storm hit there? I hope not. :] Hope you get to keep that restriction at just a perfect level.

Mandy - baking - that would be fun. But of course, then I would feel compelled to eat cookies! (since that is all I ever bake besides biscuits). So, really - you guys ate carelessly after 50 lbs? Dang - I have been eating carelessly the whole time. I suppose that would explain the whole slow loss thing. :]

Sherry - sounds like you have a keeper! I guess I am going to have to lug a bag of dogfood around the grocery store the next time I am there... :]

Kat - ah yes - I didn't even mention the GIFTS of food. *sigh*. Why is it that people constantly give food gifts to fat people? Isn't that a little weird? Your grandbaby sounds like a doll. Sorry about your Aunt - but it's probably better that she didn't have to live without her leg. Sounds like she wouldn't have liked that at all. Hugs!

Eileenie - we miss you. Tie that boss man to a chair and come and play with us. xo

Kathy - yep - quitting is a good thing. We are all proud of you! And you are more than welcome to hang out with us, too. The more, the merrier!

Mandy - sounds like you are enjoying your winter wonderland experience. I am waiting for the picture of Abi flying down the hill, screaming.... :]

Well - back to work, I guess.

Love you guys!

I am working on getting the video on you tube. I am new at the video thing, so it may take a while. When I finally get it on I will post a link. ~Mandy