Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok ladies how many of you went out and got your hair cut after surgery? I know my hair will thin and I hear shorter hair makes your hair look thicker. I'm thinking of waiting until after surgery in hopes my face thins out and I lose my double chin . So anyone with hairstyle websites or pics of cute hair please feel free to post them!

I opted to not get my hair cut shorter until after the "losing of hair" phase was over. Mine started falling out at 6 1/2 months and stopped at 10 months. I have extremely thin hair now but am still not willing to cut it off shorter. I'm managing with it by styling it a little different and I did buy a cute short wig but I don't wear it much because it hurts my head after hours of wearing it. I'm still losing hair a little more than normal so that short haircut may still be around the corner for me...Good luck with yours!

I opted to cut mine before the falling out started. I had long hair and was able to cut and donate it which I thought was nice because someone else was able to benefit from my 'loss' so to speak. I cut mine into a rockin pixie. I still have some chub on my face, and my hair is getting thinner and thinner (you can see my scalp quite readily) but I'm ok with it. I'm not defined as a person by my hair, so cutting it/losing it wasn't that big of a thing for me. I'm loving my sleeve!

I cut mine to a long angled bob (after it had already started falling out REALLY bad) in October then chopped it into a short bob thing recently just because. (google Chelsea Kane, thats my haircut!)

Nioxin puts out a 3 step hair care system I wish started using from the time of the surgery, it stopped it dramatically! Of course 5 months and about 1/3 of my hair later.. better late than never though! (I have to note though, I had a LOT of complications, hence why so much fell out)

If it's any consolation, I started using Nioxin's full line of products as soon as I had my VSG and my hair still fell out dramatically and I never had any complications. I really don't believe that there is anything anyone can do about your hair falling out. I did everything recommended and to no avail. A lot of us hid behind our hair due to the extra weight and I for one would rather be a thin person than have a mane like a lion!

I would love to do a pixie cut but I'm not brave enough to do that.

I opted to cut mine before the falling out started. I had long hair and was able to cut and donate it which I thought was nice because someone else was able to benefit from my 'loss' so to speak. I cut mine into a rockin pixie. I still have some chub on my face' date=' and my hair is getting thinner and thinner (you can see my scalp quite readily) but I'm ok with it. I'm not defined as a person by my hair, so cutting it/losing it wasn't that big of a thing for me. I'm loving my sleeve![/quote']

Sent from my KFOT using VST

I swore that i would not cut my hair post surgery. Everyone i know who has had wls has chopped their hair off. About 3 months post op i started losing hair. It was hard to see these long strands falling out. Every time i ran my fingers through my hair there was a fair amount coming out. At 4 months i chopped it just above the shoulders. It felt less traumatizing losing short hair lol.

I stopped losing hair at 5 1/2 months or so. Its pretty thin now, but i had super thick hair, so i kind of like it right now ;)

I cut about 10 inches off 3 months after. My hair isn't falling out or thinning it was just damaged from all the bleaching. Now I have a cute posh spice cut and its healthy :)

All my hair fell out. They had to paste it back together and now I wear a wig!

All my hair fell out. They had to paste it back together and now I wear a wig!

I hope they used that new hair paste when they pasted it back together. I hear any other paste can do some really serious damage to your scalp.

I cut about 10 inches off 3 months after. My hair isn't falling out or thinning it was just damaged from all the bleaching. Now I have a cute posh spice cut and its healthy :)

Oh I know the damage that bleach can do to your hair. I use to color my hair all different colors, and because my hair is so dark I had to bleach it. So much damage. I regret ever doing that! It so wasn't worth it. I hate having dry hair.

I have learned that one of the worse shampoo's and conditioners, that REALLY dries my hair out is Pantene. About six months ago I cut my hair. Afterwards my hair was so soft and healthy. Before it was dry and frizzy. During that time I was using Pantene. Within 3 days my hair felt dry and was frizzy again. About 3 months later I got it cut again, this time I used Dove Shampoo and conditioner and my hair remained soft and healthy until I ran out, and used Pantene again, and guess what? Yup dry gross hair. So I have come to the conclusion that Pantene isn't good for my hair!

I have decided to cut my hair. Now I'm just trying to find a style. I want something that's pretty, but easy to take care of. Doesn't require a lot of time.

Mine was already short and a little thin. It might be a little longer than it was before surgery, but a different style. It's a short angled bob. Funny thing is, I get a compliment (or more) a day on my hair! I think having lost 60 pounds, people know I look better, maybe they don't know exactly why, so they say they like my hair, lol. I'm about 3.5 months post op, and I've noticed it seems to be coming out faster. I have been taking Biotin since before surgery, and I started using Nioxin about a month ago which actually seems to have helped. However, I agree with an above poster - there's not really much you can do to stop it, but I'm going to try anyway. ;)

Mine started falling out at month 3 and still is at month 5. I cut it about two wks ago, from well past my shoulders to barely skimming them. Google KELLY CARLSON...to see the cut. Note! I do have little new hairs sticking out everywhere, but still get a lot in hairbrush and shower. My hair is thick so no one can tell it's coming out. 50/F, I have lost 65 lbs since Oct.

Dont worry about cutting!! It's Spring! Time for a new look!!!

Mine just started falling out yesterday :(

Surgery 1/15....,hope it doesn't last long.