Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 12 is my date and I'm afraid

So the surgery date is set but I can truly say I'm afraid.

When they first gave me my date, I hung up the phone and had a very mixed emotion cry for a bit. I think it's common for a lot of us once a sign of reality like that really kicks in.

It should pass, if it doesn't try to narrow down what you're feeling anxious about & address them with your doctor or read up a little here :) Pre-surgery they're going to offer something to chill us out a bit before heading down to "show time". I'm ok today, but I'm thinking I will be taking them up on that.

That is a normal feeling that most of us felt at some point.. This is a pretty radical step to take.

But if your like the rest of us you've tried everything else already and this is our last prayer.. I am 4 months out and thankful everyday that I made this big scary radical step. We are, I think, very lucky to have this opportunity :)

My surgery date is also 4/12/13 :D So you've got a surgery date buddy! I too am scared not about the surgery but of will I do what it takes to make it successful. I am sending you positive thoughts and energy ;) your way in hopes that it will help.

Mine was just confirmed for April 3rd. I am really very nervous and scared. I have decided to go with the bypass instead of sleeve because of my reflux and sugar out of whack. I hope I am doing the right thing!!

Mine was just confirmed for April 3rd. I am really very nervous and scared. I have decided to go with the bypass instead of sleeve because of my reflux and sugar out of whack. I hope I am doing the right thing!!

Good luck to you Jackie. check in at some point and let us know how it went.

Feeling nervous and scared is a normal thing-this is a big step- it alters our lives...seven weeks out from surgery, my life is so different! I am 40 lbs down, more energy, sleep better the pain in my knee is gone- today I worked in my yard all day!! I have a second chance, and I fully intend to use it. Surgery is scary, if you have a good doctor with alot of eperience, you will be fine. I came out of surgery with no nausea, minimal pain, was home the next day and back to work in two weeks. Keep the faith, keep the focus....

Fears are rational. make a list, and use the search engine on here to read previous posts.

The search engine is a really valuable tool! Go through and see people's posts from before the surgery, and go in and follow their topics after that - their progress and maybe see the highs and lows and get that it is natural to be afraid.

Prepare for all you can, and let the rest pass with a focus on impermanence. Impermanence will be a great friend for you for a very, very long time. You are not embarked on a goal - you are setting off on a jourrney.

:)

That feeling is all normal.. I cried right before they took me in.. I was really scared and nervous but yet happy that im gonna get this done.. when I woke up I was so relieved... thats all I asked of them.. was to make sure I woke up lol.. and its been a ride since then.. so many emotions... but in the ,long run.. so very good.. Only one regret.. I didnt do it sooner.. and Im not down 70lbs from dec20.. so great things on the way for you.. best of luck to you.. and congrats..

I am scared too. I got my date yesterday, April 17

I would love to be a bunny to anyone who is interested. It is always nice to have a friend to hold your hand.

Thanks for all the words of encouragement.It all means alot to me.

My surgery date is also 4/12/13 :D So you've got a surgery date buddy! I too am scared not about the surgery but of will I do what it takes to make it successful. I am sending you positive thoughts and energy ;) your way in hopes that it will help.

I'm April 12th also and I feel the same way! We can get thru this together!

My date is set for April 18, and I too am scared , but I know this is going to be a life's changing experience that I am so ready for! Good luck to you and I'm so glad I found this forum! :)

I had my endoscopy done the day before yesterday and I was very nervous about the anesthesia. It was no big deal after but I hate how I felt right before I knocked out. Now I'm having second thoughts about the surgery what if I regret it. I don't know why because I have wanted this for years and now I have insurance that covers it & I'm having second thoughts. At first I was super excited I still am but not like at first lol ugh I hate this my surgery isn't into August. Maybe I'm just overwhelmed because I'm feeling very stressed from work also and reading about people's negative things and not liking the shakes lol. I just don't know. I want to get back to super exciting feeling I had at first. I'm me to this I'm glad I found this app!!

To all of you April Sleevers, stay strong! It is normal to be scared of the unknown. While waiting in preop I had thoughts of what am I doing! I had surgery on 3/19. I am starting on eggs and other soft stuff and realizing this is so worth it! I will be able to eat normal foods again just less. It is about making good food choices. I am SO happy I did this for myself.