Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

LIVE from Mi Hospital with Dr. Garcia NOW!

Best of luck. Pictues are great. Let me have a better idea on what to expect when its my day.

Hey guys... Im ok and now on the other side!!

My only things after surgery was a little nausea for 1 day which had a little bloody dry heaving which is normal and totally gone by day 2, can throw you for a minute since it is not normal body function. Just hold a pillow over your tummy while throwing up and keep bathroom garbage can next to your bed and get it over with.... Once the IV meds stopped, the dry heaving did too.

Two out of the norm things have thrown me for a loop:

I have small veins and being stuck alot to keep an IV in me has been a pain in the butt my whole life, i currently have no iv for Fluid so I am on my own to keep fluid down because the IV did not work out but that was how my other surgeries in the past have gone too. So in a way I got lucky and did not need the IV for more than a day or so post op yet I had to start being hydrated all on my own faster, but its no problem and like teaching a baby to walk, baby steps.

Then, when my anesthesiologist was keeping something down my throat during surgery, i apparently bit down on it hard and chipped my wisdom tooth, my fault, not his, purely an accident....!

The dentist here at Mi hospital is not good at removing them, i let her try and decided not a good idea... at all, in fact she did more damage, I was not told by my doctors to go to her I found her by simply walking by , and she acted like " no big deal".

We it was a big deal and I didn't realize it nor did I realize how way over her head it truly was and she wanted $80.00 for making a simple chip go into my jaw and I declined to pay because after letting her "examine it", I knew she really screwed up and had made it worse, the worse pain of the whole trip, even over my major surgery. You could see the look on her face that she knows she screwed up after but all she cared about was 80.00 and I flat out told her that " I now have to go to an oral surgeon to fix what you did on top of the crack!!"

So I told my doctor about it and he made a call and told me immediately I would be going to the best dentist ever ...so today I will see an oral surgeon to fix it.... I cannot recommend the dentist at Mi Hospital at all, she had me in pain , but the oral surgeon the next day the doctor sent me to was amazing with such a gorgeous office, I can get you his name if anyone wants it, I would go to him over and over. He fixed the issue with no pain and I feel great now! He also told me the dentist at Mi Hospital, who is NOT affiliated with any of the Drs, just happens to have her office there, did not do a good job at all and he would not recommend her work at all! ( the oral surgeon was seriously good, spoke perfect English and took the job over like a rock star )

With all that going on, I forgot I even had gastric sleeve surgery... Very little pain at all With the sleeve after I left the hospital, just minor gas and other tiny twinges here and there.. Walking helped!

Today I move to the Marriott... Will keep you updated!

Welcome to the sleeve side sister. Congratulations! Its time to start this beautiful journey. God speed on your recovery.

Sounds like an adventure! I'm glad your surgery went well.

Amanda Rae

Hey guys... Im ok and now on the other side!!

Two things have thrown me for a loop:

I have small veins and being stuck alot to keep an IV in me has been a pain in the butt' date=' i currently have no iv for Fluid so I am on my own to keep fluid down because the IV did not work out but that was how my other surgeries in the past have gone too.

Then, when my anesthisiologist was keeping something down my throat during surgery, i apparently bit down on it hard and chipped my wisdom tooth doing so and the dentist here is not good at removing them, i let her try and decided not a good idea... at all ...so today I will see an oral surgeon to fix it....

With all that going on, I forgot I even had gastric sleeve surgery... Very little pain at all... Walking helped!

Today I move to the Marriott... Will keep you updated!

[/quote']

Nice to hear from you. I have wisdom teeth issues too! No fun!

Congrats. So happy everything went well and you are now on your way to recovery. All the best wishes!

Yay!!!!! Hope you get back to normal soon!!

I am in the Marriott now... Very comfortable now... Tooth fixed and so energetic yet trying to rest at the same time! I will say this has been an amazing experience, crazy yet amazing! Had my first bowl of broth tonight and added a bit of Unjury unflavored Protein to it, it mixed well, could only eat a few sips....and then had a pineapple Popsicle, which was sugar free and refreshing, mainly for Water intake. Other than a bit of restriction with ,anger sips and a few minor aches here and there, I feel truly awesome!

There is a GNC next to the hotel which I can purchase ready made Isolate drinks as well. These Marriott beds are so comfy!!

Tomorrow our driver Samuel will take us shopping and site seeing.

I had my staples removed with Dr. Luna tonight, and he addressed any concerns I might have and released me for full liquid diet. His bedside manner is very clean and professional for a hotel visit....this group of doctors runs a class act.

Any questions, please ask, I cannot say enough about Dr Fernando Garcia and Ready4Achange and if your on the fence, this is a great group of professionals who run a tight ship! Those who are already booked, you are in great hands!

Music to my already booked ears! Im getting anxious.

I was there and had surgery the same day as you except with Dr. Lopez. It was a great experience.

I was there and had surgery the same day as you except with Dr. Lopez. It was a great experience.

could you post your experiance? I am scheduled with Dr. Lopez in 2 weeks and would love to hear about your experiance!!! If you don't feel comfortable posting on the forum could you private message me please???

Wifi at Mi Doctor Hospital is on the back of all doors and is free and worked fine while we were there. The Marriott offers one code for 1 device per day so you will pay extra if your guest wants wifi on a seperate device.

Having a translator from English to Spanish already installed on my cell phone and ipad did come in handy, especially with the night nurses at the hospital, they were very kind but sometimes it made things a little speedier but for the most part the language barrier was no biggie, I just liked being able to be exactly sure what was said.

There were 2 cafes for guest to buy food, one in the main lobby and one on the 4th floor of the hospital.

The Marriott has room service which once you convert it, it the most inexpensive room service menu ever. You are given 3 broths, 2 Popsicles, and 3 bottled waters per day at the hotel via room service ( don't forget to tip), at least in my package I was thru Ready4 A Change.com

Tipping: have singles handy... I brought 50.00 in small bills, 5s and 1s and it was nice to tip the luggage guy, room service when my broth came, my drivers, and other assorted people and hey, it is part of their income and they are so cordial and take good care of you, I haven't even used all the 50.00 and I have been here 4 days. So I thought I'd throw that in.

Just because so many people, employees and guests are floating around the hospital, you do have a in room safe and we were encouraged SEVERAL time by many staff to use it, I'm guessing past issues,....? so all of our valuables went in the safe with no issues.

My biggest tip: I arrived early in the day to San Diego and opted for same day surgery and so, so glad I did.

With my package, I get 2 night hospital stay and 3 night hotel and after speaking with some people who had 1 hotel night first then 2 hospital then back to hotel.. They said they would have rather had 2 hospital, then 3 hotel.

My reason for this is because I went straight to the hospital, got checked in, got surgery over with, got the major medical issues out of the way and now I have 3 uninterrupted days in a relaxing hotel to come and go as I please, rather than get to hotel, then pack all back up then to hospital only to pack up back to the hotel...

So I had less hassle, less tipping, more relaxing time, surgery was out of the way and more like a vacation, hotel is much more comfy than hospital (which wasnt bad just much more comfy) so if at all possible, I would opt for the earlier flight in, my flight arrived at 11:00am and get it over with then relax in these amazing hotel beds, probably my biggest suggestion!!

No hair dryer at the hospital, on my second day I could have used one, but no biggie, certainly was nice to use once I got to the Marriott.

For the hospital, I recommend you bring a eye mask for sleeping, many rooms face the sun and since you have been up all night at the hospital from getting shots and being checked on constantly, which is good, you will want a sleeping mask for during the day at the hospital for naps, the rooms are BRIGHT, thin blinds and medicine makes you even more sensitive. Ear plugs were given to me for myself and my guest thru Melissa, the on site coordinator with Ready4Achange, they do not miss a beat!

The hospital sits near a major interstate, plan on wearing your earplugs to drownd out the ridiculous morning traffic honking which is uber obnoxious!! And so many car alarms will go off, crazy loud place even at the hotel, just get used to it, part of the charm of the town, :)

Sometimes things do not go on USA time crunch schedule, so be patient, we are in Mexico and they are on "Mexican Time" which many Americans I am finding could be a little speedier and I realize how spoiled we are. I have heard from other sleevers they do not think the Mexicans are fast, I can say this has been a very caring environment and I am realizing how Whiney some sound from the USA, just saying!

I have wanted for nothing and everything to me has come at great speed and basically within a time frame acceptable for what it was. When it comes to medicines and medical issues, they were way ahead of my USA schedule and perfect.

I have read where some people wanted room service faster, well most hotel room service is slow but when they did come, very cordial and friendly and everything was present. All I am saying is prepare for not as swift of a response sometimes for something's as we get in the US, I have had a great experience and embraced a new culture ( nothing like home though!)

Today we are going shopping....will post more ideas later.