Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

LIVE from Mi Hospital with Dr. Garcia NOW!

I was just banded by Dr. Garcia on march 21st to. I met you on the bus to the hotel. I went thru ready 4a change with Alma as well. I am at my last night in the Marriott and head home tomorrow. I have to say that I'm glad I got past all my fears of coming to TJ alone. The nurses and staff (melissa' date=' samuel the driver, Dr. Velazco, Dr. Luna) were incredible and I'm am healing well because of their care and knowledge. The first day I had a lot of nausea which they said there are more complications when I have a revision from band. Today I am planning to go do some shopping on revolution street.

I still weigh the same as I did pre op, but I know that will change soon after so many days of liquids.

Good luck to those going soon.[/quote']

Which were you on the bus? Sorry I had a little tooth ache that day!

Yes I'm in Auckland! Going to Mexico may 8 - so excited !! Where are u?

I will be there at the same time too. I am getting sleeved with Dr. Garcia on May 7!!

Wifi at Mi Doctor Hospital is on the back of all doors and is free and worked fine while we were there. The Marriott offers one code for 1 device per day so you will pay extra if your guest wants wifi on a seperate device.

Having a translator from English to Spanish already installed on my cell phone and ipad did come in handy, especially with the night nurses at the hospital, they were very kind but sometimes it made things a little speedier but for the most part the language barrier was no biggie, I just liked being able to be exactly sure what was said.

There were 2 cafes for guest to buy food, one in the main lobby and one on the 4th floor of the hospital.

The Marriott has room service which once you convert it, it the most inexpensive room service menu ever. You are given 3 broths, 2 Popsicles, and 3 bottled waters per day at the hotel via room service ( don't forget to tip), at least in my package I was thru Ready4 A Change.com

Tipping: have singles handy... I brought 50.00 in small bills, 5s and 1s and it was nice to tip the luggage guy, room service when my broth came, my drivers, and other assorted people and hey, it is part of their income and they are so cordial and take good care of you, I haven't even used all the 50.00 and I have been here 4 days. So I thought I'd throw that in.

Just because so many people, employees and guests are floating around the hospital, you do have a in room safe and we were encouraged SEVERAL time by many staff to use it, I'm guessing past issues,....? so all of our valuables went in the safe with no issues.

My biggest tip: I arrived early in the day to San Diego and opted for same day surgery and so, so glad I did.

With my package, I get 2 night hospital stay and 3 night hotel and after speaking with some people who had 1 hotel night first then 2 hospital then back to hotel.. They said they would have rather had 2 hospital, then 3 hotel.

My reason for this is because I went straight to the hospital, got checked in, got surgery over with, got the major medical issues out of the way and now I have 3 uninterrupted days in a relaxing hotel to come and go as I please, rather than get to hotel, then pack all back up then to hospital only to pack up back to the hotel...

So I had less hassle, less tipping, more relaxing time, surgery was out of the way and more like a vacation, hotel is much more comfy than hospital (which wasnt bad just much more comfy) so if at all possible, I would opt for the earlier flight in, my flight arrived at 11:00am and get it over with then relax in these amazing hotel beds, probably my biggest suggestion!!

No hair dryer at the hospital, on my second day I could have used one, but no biggie, certainly was nice to use once I got to the Marriott.

For the hospital, I recommend you bring a eye mask for sleeping, many rooms face the sun and since you have been up all night at the hospital from getting shots and being checked on constantly, which is good, you will want a sleeping mask for during the day at the hospital for naps, the rooms are BRIGHT, thin blinds and medicine makes you even more sensitive. Ear plugs were given to me for myself and my guest thru Melissa, the on site coordinator with Ready4Achange, they do not miss a beat!

The hospital sits near a major interstate, plan on wearing your earplugs to drownd out the ridiculous morning traffic honking which is uber obnoxious!! And so many car alarms will go off, crazy loud place even at the hotel, just get used to it, part of the charm of the town, :)

Sometimes things do not go on USA time crunch schedule, so be patient, we are in Mexico and they are on "Mexican Time" which many Americans I am finding could be a little speedier and I realize how spoiled we are. I have heard from other sleevers they do not think the Mexicans are fast, I can say this has been a very caring environment and I am realizing how Whiney some sound from the USA, just saying!

I have wanted for nothing and everything to me has come at great speed and basically within a time frame acceptable for what it was. When it comes to medicines and medical issues, they were way ahead of my USA schedule and perfect.

I have read where some people wanted room service faster, well most hotel room service is slow but when they did come, very cordial and friendly and everything was present. All I am saying is prepare for not as swift of a response sometimes for something's as we get in the US, I have had a great experience and embraced a new culture ( nothing like home though!)

Today we are going shopping....will post more ideas later.

Just curious as my flight arrives at 11:30 AM. When did they give you the option for the same day surgery? I think I may like the idea of this.

Sorry, should be more specific, did they give you the option before you arrived or after you arrived to have your surgery the same day?

I will be there at the same time too. I am getting sleeved with Dr. Garcia on May 7!!

Oops ... I'm leaving for LA on the 8th my surgery is the 11th ... We might just catch each other at the Marriott lol

I arrived at 11:15-11:30am pick up time, had surgery 4 hours later.... Got it in and over with and the past 3 days have been much more pleasurable and relaxing...I just told Alma it is what I wanted to do so more time to recooperate after at hospital then hotel,seemed like a waste of a hotel night and not so much back and forth...much after 2 pm was kind of cut off...just need time for tests and paperwork and settling in, they prefer if you show up wearing basic compression garments from your flight but I didn't, forgot! Still did it, no issues.... And no eating or drinking 8 hours prior!!! Important!! (Passed up drinks on plane, even the water!)

What do meant by basic compression garmet. Can u give me example plzz. Sorry:)

Thank you for the photos! I'll be having my surgery at the same hotel in just over 2 weeks, so this is especially timely. Everything looks great. Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Which were you on the bus? Sorry I had a little tooth ache that day!

Medium Blond hair ..sat in second row, right side. I didn't say much...just listened to your tooth story. last in line at Marriott.

Okay i just spoke with Alma n pay my $500 deposit. I asked her about same day surgery she said it wont b a problem i just have to let her know ahead so she can reserve the OR and shedule the hotel accordingly. So its official i will now have my surgery on the 25th n the remaining 3 last days in the hotel. Thanks laserskingirl on that headsup.:)

LaserSkinGirl- this was great, thanks for sharing all this wonderful info!