Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello Boomers,

I want to wish everybody a Happy New Year. It has been awhile since I have been here but I am now back on track after the past holiday. Too many dinners and Cookies and I see that I have gained 3 pounds over the holidays. This holiday weight gain is the lowest of my life so I am thankful. I gave myself a few treats and did not work out like I usually do but I am back and focused so I can complete my weightloss journey.

I started to get my Water intake up today. I made a pitcher of Water and added the slices of 2 fresh lemons. I let the water set for almost an hour before I started and I must say it tasted great. I have also bought a bag of red grapefruit and will use that in my water tomorrow. And, starting tomorrow I will start my Protein liquids again.

Take care and it is good to be back,

Cheryl

I just have one question to ask to see if anyone else is experiencing the same thing. I had my surgery 9 months ago and for the past 2 months I have been told that I am short tempered. I also have been told that I get mean went talking to a few family members. This is not the person I used to be and I am not sure where all this is short temper and meanness is coming from.

Has this happened to anyone else?? Not sure how to handle this.

thanks again for your help.

CA I can tell you I am short tempered right now from pain. I have throbbing horrible gout pain in my big toe and I could chew a tree trunk I am so agitated. Maybe you are just stressed out, or not feeling right?

Since I can barely walk for the past week, I am glued to this laptop and anything else that can occupy my mind for the past week.

I looked at and joined a couple FB private groups, just to keep busy since i cannot walk right now. I cannot believe the number of young women who discuss things like

When can I drink alcohol

When can I have bread, pizza and Pasta

I am drinking my Coke no matter what

I have not lost any weight, I am gaining

I have been thinking how blessed I am to be 67 years old and be where I am right now, and not worrying about what I am missing. Only thing good about old age I guess.

I just have one question to ask to see if anyone else is experiencing the same thing. I had my surgery 9 months ago and for the past 2 months I have been told that I am short tempered. I also have been told that I get mean went talking to a few family members. This is not the person I used to be and I am not sure where all this is short temper and meanness is coming from. Has this happened to anyone else?? Not sure how to handle this. thanks again for your help.

Well are you starting menopause or already through it? As we lose fat, a lot of hormones get releases (at least that's what I've read here over the years). And we ha e to. Feel our feelings now instead of eating a bag of chips and eating a pint of ice cram. Could be one of those things.

Or it could be they see you differently now. Look into your own heart for the answer.

Lynda

Lynda,

Thank you for your response. I am not sure what is going on with me, I am 9 months post op and you could be right, I am feeling stressed for some reason or maybe I am picking up vibs that I don't like. I have lost 110 pounds and some of my family and a close friend have not said one word about any of my weight loss. I keep telling myself it does not matter I am doing this for myself. My friend is now trying to drop weight and wants me to be overjoyed because she lost 20 pounds. Not sure what to think. Thanks again Lynda.

Cheryl

CA I can tell you I am short tempered right now from pain. I have throbbing horrible gout pain in my big toe and I could chew a tree trunk I am so agitated. Maybe you are just stressed out, or not feeling right?

Linda I am so so sorry to hear this, I do know that some folks can have a few problems as much as 1 or 2 months post op. If you are still having trouble walking in the next few days I would call your surgeon's office and report this and see what they tell you. Please keep me posted, can you try to walk around the inside of your house a few times a day and see if that helps decrease the pain. Take care and let me know.

Cheryl, tomorrow is day 9. I called surgeon's office first on New Year's Eve, and the following weekday. They were not interested in this lol (not their "field"), but from what I read it could be associated following sleeving. I went to emergency care and was given steroids, antibiotic and tylenol with codeine. Pain is worse than ever today. If not for the liquid oxy my sleeve surgeon gave me, I do not know what I would do. I took no oxy following my sleeving and a small bottle with this toe. I am not one to take this type of pain med.

Will go to my primary tomorrow, for reassurance. No way I can walk. Thanks for putting up with my ranting.

Sure wish we all could sit in a room and chat and get to know each other better. I would love that. Linda

Linda, OMG so sorry that you are still in lots of pain. Let me know what your primary care doctor tells you. Who was the doctor that did your surgery? I had my done by Dr Fernandez at Brandon Hospital. Hang tough and let me know.

Good Luck Linda,

Cheryl

Hello Cheryl, 14 days today. Finally went to my Internist 2 days ago and he said the meds given by the ER would not help the gout in my toe = so 11 days of worthless meds and increasing pain and swelling. That despite the risk to my new sleeve, I must take Colcrys and Indomethacin (I was told this would eat up my new stomach). Two days on these 2 new meds and I am 90% better and not dead yet. Very scary and nerve wracking. I hope I never hear the word Gout again as long as I live.

I am relaxing a bit and ate as much as I dare, to have food in my stomach as directed, especially yogurt and ice cream thinking of it as a coating lol.

I had Dr. Uchal at St. Vincent's Jacksonville. I had to demand to speak with him to get a nurse to talk to me. I don't like being left to float around with this as I need a stomach to live.

Makes me think down the road if we get ill there are some heavy duty drugs that might affect us all. One day at a time sweet jesus. In the meantime I am drinking as much Water as I can get down. The foods they say cause gout are not on my food list.

Hope you and everyone are doing great!!!

Hi Linda, so glad you are doing better now! I have to agree that I worry about needing meds that are hard on the tummy, but like you, one day at a tine. I am taking some heavy rheumatoid arthritis drugs, but I also take Prilosec daily. All I know for sure is my health is 100% better since getting to a normal weight.

Lynda

Thanks Lynda, I am not so sure we should ever quit Prilosec because of medicines. Guess it is on my ask list with the surgeon in 2 months.

I thank God that I only have a toe issue. I do. My asthma is great, I can walk without panting, I am not peeing on myself everytime I walk, no that is a blessing and a cure. I am off the Metformin, I am off 2 HBP meds.

The neuropathy pain has lessened. I wold love to hear how everyone has been affected by their weight loss. I am counting the days to summer weather. I want to see if I can walk on the beach again........

Well for me, stress incontenence disappeared, I am down to smaller doses of two blood pressure meds instead of bigger doses of three, off my cholesterol meds, my joint pain is a million times better and I have much more stamina.

It feels fabulous to wear a regular size, fit in every chair and never feel like I am taking more than my share of space.

Lynda

That is awesome Lynda seeing you at 135. I know you are so happy. We have flown 1 time in 10 years and bought 2 seats for my husband, I could not bear to have him embarrassed. So fitting in a regular chair is a simple wish for us. I don't want people to stare at us, and watch the fat people eat (us) anymore. I don't think he will cure his leg weakness and instability with his back, and ever walk like a normal person, but I feel we can deal with more weighing less. Proud and happy for you and everyone who is a success story and inspiration here. We had the guts to do this thank God!!!!

Yes Linda I totally agree. I am sending good wishes your way for you and hubby. I know with the weight off, your health and his will be much improved.

Lynda