Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lynda, I'm a little confused. You use 8 oz. of soy milk in your coffee, along with the vanilla Protein Powder? It sounds more like a milk shake than coffee. Kate

The Starbucks instant Decaf has a good strong flavor so the coffee tastes shines through. The Protein powder does thicken it a bit, but not bad. A latte has a lot of milk so they are comparable. For a more milkshake consistency, you could cut down on the milk and blend some ice cubes in.

Lynda

Welcome to anyone I missed last time around. This is a unique group that gives us of a "certain age" the opportunity to talk with our contemporaries or peers.

Congrats to Cindy and others who are on the losers bench and proud to share their weight loss stats. It helps those of us who are new to believe that if it can happen to you, it can happen to us.

I don't have a scale and don't know when I'll get one, so I have no idea what I weigh. The main reason I don't have a scale is because I carry my weight in my legs and haven't found a scale I think I can stand on.

Thanks for the kudos. I don't own a scale either -- it's just one more thing I am compulsive about. I weigh every couple of weeks at the gym. Works for me.

Lynda,

Thanks for explaining. Now, I see (light bulb turning on)! I do like lattes at Starbucks ... doesn't it seems as if they have a magic wand that makes all drinks just taste great?

No, I'm not looking for the milkshake consistency ... just wondered about all the milk. Absolutely love the idea of adding Protein powder -- anything that ups my daily Protein is a huge plus, since I'm getting 50 g on a good day.

CINDY !!!

You exist!! Thanks for replying. It just does my heart proud when one of our more latent members takes the time to respond to a post ... especially when it concerns me! Ha Ha

I'm not overly bothered by not having a scale, just very curious since I had surgery 1 month ago. Since I weigh over 300, I don't know if many scales can accommodate that??

CINDY !!!

You exist!! Thanks for replying. It just does my heart proud when one of our more latent members takes the time to respond to a post ... especially when it concerns me! Ha Ha

I'm not overly bothered by not having a scale, just very curious since I had surgery 1 month ago. Since I weigh over 300, I don't know if many scales can accommodate that??

LOL! I travel a lot so I am catch as catch can (there's a boomer phrase for you)! I'll try to keep up. Having gall bladder removed Wednesday, so I may be sleeping a lot for the next few days.

Hello to all, it has been awhile since I have been on this site. I have had some personal problems that needed taken care of and was out of town. I am happy to be back. I just want to say hello to Sassy and Linda. Linda I will send you a message in the next couple of days. I also see a few new names of the board that is great. We really need to help each other with the upcoming holiday and all that good food that will be available to us. Many temptations to overcome. I am just wondering how some of you are going to handle these temptations. I know we can make it thru the season and still have a wonderful holiday. What are some of the things you are going to eat and drink? If you have any to share please do so, I know I am not the only one looking for good ideas.

Blessing to all of you and I will be checking back tomorrow.

Cheryl

Back at home after having my gall bladder removed today. Same day surgery. I now have 4 more little scars on my tummy, so with the 5 from the sleeve surgery I am now hosting 9! What fun!

Anyway, same type of procedure, and the gas pains are so far the worst part. GasX strips and capsules are helping. Haven't taken the Vicodin yet. I'll see if I can get by on Tylenol.

I'll be just Laying on the couch for the next few days.

Cindy,

OMG, you poor thing. You're so brave. I'm gonna have to either write a poem about you or petition your town to name a street in your honor!

Do you have someone who can wait on you hand and foot? I might consider sending my Shiki to you. His kisses have magical healing powers. I know I always feel a lot better after he kisses me. Don't worry about him crushing you. He's only 7 lbs. and very gentle!

Don't be too brave. Gulp those drugs down. Nothing like being numb when you're feeling bad. I hope you're doing something productive while laying on the couch ... like watching your favorite shows and videos. I'm pretty much an expert on what's on TV, so lemme know if you need a detailed rundown!

Get better quick, girl.

Cheryl ... glad you got a chance to post. I know everyone here would love to get to know your sweet self and hear your encouraging and supportive words.

Sassy

RAISE THE DEAD

Okay. The group's gone quiet again. Is it just the holidays? I mean, how can I find out about all my aches and pains if no one Is posting?

Speaking of which, how long did you have pains for the gas? Just when I think it's over, another burst sneaks in and smacks me. Ouch! Just got hit on the left side.

Hey ,,, if you promise to post again, I'll tell you how I almost died on the table!

No discomfort after the first week... lucky me!

Having a pain in my right side, waist level and above. Just had gall bladder removed (5 days ago). No fever. Hoping it's gas, so I took some GasX pills and am trying a heating pad. But I fear that it's something more because it's been getting progressively worse over the last few days. Two surgeries in 6 months. Not interested in another.

Hey Arts,

Yes, you are one lucky dude. I've been doing pretty well since surgery, which almost killed me (details later). But for this nagging gas pain. It's nothing compared to what I've heard from others, and it usually strikes in my left shoulder. Now hitting the left side.

But the thing about it is when it does hit, watch out. Run for the rafters. It's like a zap of lightning. Very sharp, sudden and very painful. It hurts to breathe, and don't consider moving or even trying to get up.

Cindy ... whatever are we going to do with you?. You are getting way to sick, way too often. Do you have a really good doctor you can see? At times in my life, I've had some exceptional doctors. They either knew the answer or they immediately researched to find out what it was ... or in some cases, referred me.

This is what you need. You need a doctor you can partner with. I just got a new PCP because altho my former doctor was very sharp, I disliked her intensely. Other than asking me the time of day, there is nothing I would have discussed with her. My new doctor happens to be the head of the department and has my #1 favorite all time nurse. I hope he's as sharp as I want him to be. I've only seen him once, and it was 2 days before my surgery.

But I am optimistic that he'll be a great partner.

So what's your story, Cindy?

And, Arts, who do you see?

Anyone else out there that can offer some insight here on Cindy's pain and doctors in general?

Hello to all, it has been awhile since I have been on this site. I have had some personal problems that needed taken care of and was out of town. I am happy to be back. I just want to say hello to Sassy and Linda. Linda I will send you a message in the next couple of days. I also see a few new names of the board that is great. We really need to help each other with the upcoming holiday and all that good food that will be available to us. Many temptations to overcome. I am just wondering how some of you are going to handle these temptations. I know we can make it thru the season and still have a wonderful holiday. What are some of the things you are going to eat and drink? If you have any to share please do so, I know I am not the only one looking for good ideas. Blessing to all of you and I will be checking back tomorrow. Cheryl

Here are some low cal foods I enjoy for the holidays:

Heat milk or soy milk, add a little Splenda and stir in a dash of nutmeg.

sugar free hot apple cider mix (found by the hot cocoa mix)

Add a splash of milk or soy milk to coffee or Decaf with a couple tablespoons sugar free Torini pumpkin pie Syrup.

Spinach dip made with Greek yogurt instead of mayo and sour cream. Eat with baby carrots, sugar snap peas, and cucumber rounds as dippers.

Eat your favorite treat when not at home. If it's not bite size, share with someone else. (Newly post ops be careful when trying foods you haven't eaten post op)

And some non food ideas:

Burn holiday scented candles

Make crafts instead of Cookies with the kids

Get a new scented lotion and lipgloss

Lynda

These are great ideas Lynda. The smell of Christmas in my home is the sweetest smell, and I love holiday candles. I bought the SF apple cider and cannot wait to try it.

I found a Gingerbread Torani SF Syrup so I just might try it in the coffee. Creamer has been a problem but deciding to go with skim milk. We are not supposed to have raw veggies for awhile. I wanted to buy some hummus, but crackers? Not sure. I love the idea of taking the yogurt and making my own dip, using something to snack on though.

You could also use the yogurt, add Splenda and a Torani flavoring for a sweet dip to dip small slices of apple, or grapes in. There are so many options and a lot of things available to us.

My husband is finally doing great after 4 exhausting days in the hospital last week, so all is well. I keep looking at new sites, reading posts, gathering information. My take on most is that the younger generation are too focused on the scale, mad that they cannot eat a hamburger again, regretting their surgery, cheating on their diets, and complaining. I guess at my age, a few life tragedies, I am not in their frame of mind.

I want peace and harmony, I want to enjoy my new life, I want to make friends with you all and follow your journeys, and share your ups and downs. recipes are a Godsend, sometimes my mind goes blank.

I took my former son-in-law to lunch 2 days ago, checked out the menu online before we went, and enjoyed the sweetest experience, sipping on a seafood bisque while eating out. Something I was not sure I could do. I reverted to the same diet as my husband otherwise, so we would be on the same menu daily, and it is good that I don't have to think about cooking.

My next venture in about 2 days will be a crustless quiche I love, and it is good warm or cold. A good go-to for the holidays, and I use skim milk rather than half n half.

Thanks Lynda for inspiring me again. Wishing you all Happy Holidays, and praying for Dema as she recovers from her surgery. Linda