Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

PEOPLE WHO ONLY DID 3 day liquid pre op diet

I

There is no American doctor that would do a BMI of 30.

Just FYI, there are several American Docs that will sleeve under under 30 BMI.

The reason you don't see it often is because insurance won't cover it, and most self payers will find "better" options.

So I'm gone a day, and look what you all have done, somebody is going to have to clean all this up or they are going to be in BIG trouble. (stamping my foot)

Rollagirl, you go do what you got to do. We all go down this road for our own reasons. I hear what you are saying and if it works for you, you go get it. I hope that you find what you are looking for at the end of the path. It sounds like you will do just fine.

Frank - its called tact, look it up

Laura - can't stay out of the goo can ya boo? :D

OTR - what Laura said...(about 3 pages back)

All the rest of you....hmmmmm

Love all you mutants :wub:

Happy Easter :) :) :) :) :) :)

This is my 500th post, but still not considered a "vet" here....heavy sighs....

I do think that 35 would be a better cutoff for insurance companies to pay and maybe 30 with co-morbidities. and if people at 30 BMI want to investigate and self pay or have a family history of obesity/diabetes sure it should be an option for insurance to pay as well. it is an elective operation so people should make their own choices.

if I had 80% of my stomach out at age 27 when I was at 30 BMI then maybe I would have been better off. I think most people just want to show concern not negativity as many of us may have a BMI near 30 as a goal. (myself included - from a 44)

it is a serious operation. at best it is live changing and wonderful and sadly at worse there can be deathly consequences and I am sure anyone who has posted on here has given it much serious consideration. the reactions on the thread were out if concern I believe not judgement but as many things on the Internet behind these screens that aspect gets lost in translation to digital.

and to answer the initial question, I lost 12 pounds on 10 Day liquid diet. a 3 day would probably be 5 lbs but low BMIers probably not as much. my insurance approved my surgery for a year timeframe. they didn't ask my weight again on surgery day to approve or rescind it. and people self paying then should not be an issue.

as for hunger. I am 18 days out and have none. but I *never* needed hunger to eat and this surgery doesn't fix that.

it is difficult not to have my "friend" to help me overcome stressful situations. it is a bit of a mourning process to give up my comfort food. it is nice not to be hungry but now I don't know when to eat and have to guess or follow rules when to stop. for me, it will be a long learning process like a baby taking solids first time but with a lot more emotional baggage. it is very introspective process.

A lot of people are still nauseated after they get home oh yes. I had a deviated septum that was worked on it was only a hour stay and for the next 4 days I was bleh the day I got home after a hour car ride I threw up and almost lost my nose stents ..since it was my first surgery I didn't know I got nauseous.

Just FYI' date=' there are several American Docs that will sleeve under under 30 BMI.

The reason you don't see it often is because insurance won't cover it, and most self payers will find "better" options.[/quote']

My dr in Nz was apprehensive to be honest. He usually deals in 35BMI and up but my GP sent him my info (she was on board right away knowing my history) and I pleaded my case and he said as you're going privately and not asking for any coverage it's your money and your choice. A few clinics I called in Nz weren't interested in even a consultation ... I just knew I needed to get my foot in the door. My reason for Mexcio is Nz 17000 vs mx 6000 ... Plus they do as many surgerys in a week as my dr here would in a few months ... So I'm very secure in my decision.

So I'm gone a day' date=' and look what you all have done, somebody is going to have to clean all this up or they are going to be in BIG trouble. (stamping my foot)

Rollagirl, you go do what you got to do. We all go down this road for our own reasons. I hear what you are saying and if it works for you, you go get it. I hope that you find what you are looking for at the end of the path. It sounds like you will do just fine.

Frank - its called tact, look it up

Laura - can't stay out of the goo can ya boo? :D

OTR - what Laura said...(about 3 pages back)

All the rest of you....hmmmmm

Love all you mutants :wub:

Happy Easter :) :) :) :) :) :)

This is my 500th post, but still not considered a "vet" here....heavy sighs....[/quote']

Much appreciated for your thoughts & happy Easter from Nz !

I do think that 35 would be a better cutoff for insurance companies to pay and maybe 30 with co-morbidities. and if people at 30 BMI want to investigate and self pay or have a family history of obesity/diabetes sure it should be an option for insurance to pay as well. it is an elective operation so people should make their own choices.

if I had 80% of my stomach out at age 27 when I was at 30 BMI then maybe I would have been better off. I think most people just want to show concern not negativity as many of us may have a BMI near 30 as a goal. (myself included - from a 44)

it is a serious operation. at best it is live changing and wonderful and sadly at worse there can be deathly consequences and I am sure anyone who has posted on here has given it much serious consideration. the reactions on the thread were out if concern I believe not judgement but as many things on the Internet behind these screens that aspect gets lost in translation to digital.

and to answer the initial question' date=' I lost 12 pounds on 10 Day liquid diet. a 3 day would probably be 5 lbs but low BMIers probably not as much. my insurance approved my surgery for a year timeframe. they didn't ask my weight again on surgery day to approve or rescind it. and people self paying then should not be an issue.

as for hunger. I am 18 days out and have none. but I *never* needed hunger to eat and this surgery doesn't fix that.

it is difficult not to have my "friend" to help me overcome stressful situations. it is a bit of a mourning process to give up my comfort food. it is nice not to be hungry but now I don't know when to eat and have to guess or follow rules when to stop. for me, it will be a long learning process like a baby taking solids first time but with a lot more emotional baggage. it is very introspective process.

[/quote']

Thank you for taking the time to read & respond! Lol

I really must google this but at 5'6 and 94kgs ...(I've Said 92 before but that's when I stopped getting on the scale) I was so uncomfortable, acing joints, depressed & tired. I never want to get back there (or past) again ... It's a very slippery slope and I can't do it alone any longer. I've waited for my Oprah "A-ha" moment and it never came ... 35 in November and I don't want to wait any longer. Yes, I'm sure some of you would love the body I'm in... But it won't be around in another year or 2! Also I have my mothers EXACT shape ... I call it the "mrs potato head" normal arms and legs and huge middle. She's looked pregnant for 20+ years. Having fat around your middle is the WORST place to carry as you all know... That's where I'm headed ... I look like I'm about 5 months along ... Yes I have been asked if I'm pregnant - I said "no, just fat" ... OP I luckily have the 1 day liquid diet - I'm so glad because I do not know how u all do these week long liquid diets! Power to you!!! X

A lot of people are still nauseated after they get home oh yes. I had a deviated septum that was worked on it was only a hour stay and for the next 4 days I was bleh the day I got home after a hour car ride I threw up and almost lost my nose stents ..since it was my first surgery I didn't know I got nauseous.

Hmmm I get motion sickness very easily I wonder if that means ill have bad nausea?

My friend who just flew Oz - mx got antibiotics ... I must ask if she needed them or it was a preventative measure for the long journey home.

How long did it take you to get to goal weight? A whole month? You say you're "a Christian" but you said some pretty idiotic and immature things in this thread. Not very Christian if you ask me.

You are entitled to your opinion. Thank you.

Roller are you trying to go incognito with that new picture ??? :P

Lol no I think by now id have to change my name and go full "witness protection" if I was trying to hide .. Just thought people might be more understanding if I didn't have the other photo from a "diet pill" period haha

And I was trying to find a "fuller figure" photo but between not wanting any photos taken then/that's when I was with ex hubby/I got rid of any .. I'm finding it hard. Also I hide 1/2 my body behind someone or I make people stand on chairs so I have a good chin angle lol ... I'm not joking

Lol no I think by now id have to change my name and go full "witness protection" if I was trying to hide .. Just thought people might be more understanding if I didn't have the other photo from a "diet pill" period haha

Lol!!!

It's a hard one right? I'm fat! I was really fat a couple of months ago but I'm still fat now...

A couple of weeks ago I put up this new picture and when I answered someone's post a couple of the guys made nice comments about it...

Well the OP right away got miffed (as she should of) about it being the story of her life.. That she said something and all the attention went to the prettier skinnier girl? Me?? I'm fat IM STILL FAT

I felt for a minute like I was being kicked out of a club! My name is laura and I am FAT

Lol!!!

It's a hard one right? I'm fat! I was really fat a couloir of months ago but I'm still fat now...

A couple of weeks ago I put up this new picture and when I answered someone's post a couple of the guys made nice comments about it...

Well the OP right away got miffed (as she should of) about it being the story of her life.. That she said something and all the attention went to the prettier skinnier girl? Me?? I'm fat IM STILL FAT

I felt for a minute like I was being kicked out of a club! My name is laura and I am FAT

But from your photo you have a very pronounced jaw line now and don't look "fat" ... That's when I know I'm going up again ... My face starts to look like Monica off friends high school days lol ... An I get that very deep neck like from where the roll is waiting to pop out ...

And I was trying to find a "fuller figure" photo but between not wanting any photos taken then/that's when I was with ex hubby/I got rid of any .. I'm finding it hard. Also I hide 1/2 my body behind someone or I make people stand on chairs so I have a good chin angle lol ... I'm not joking

Hehe I make both of my kids stand in front of me in photos and they still can't hide it all!!!