Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shopping for a Dr. in Mexico

I went to Dr. Arturo Rodriguez in Monterrey, Mexico, and it was great. His staff takes care of the patients the whole time they are there and the big hospital is better than any hotel I've every stayed in and I've stayed in some big name hotels. Everything is granite and marble with gold faucets in the bathroom. The nursing service is superb. So I also recommend Dr. Rodriguez. Make sure it's the right Dr. His name is Arturo Rodriguez.

Hello

I was wanting to talk to someone that went to Mexico for lapband.

Could you please help me?

Is Monterrey close to Texas?

I live close to Houston?

And I heard it is cheaper there? Please let me know thanks

Sweetfriend66@aol.com

A long time ago I took a personal friend to Dr. Ramos Kelly and now take all kinds of patients to him.

I feel really good about Dr. Ramos Kelly. He is a dual citizen, born in Michigan. He served in our Armed Forces as a proud Marine. He has done post-graduate fellowships at USC and LA County Hospital - TRAUMA and Michigan - TRANSPLANT. He is a VERY complete surgeon and has done about 800 bands. He speaks perfect English of course and uses the best hospital in Baja.

He is at www.obesitybusters.com

He has a wonderful bedside manner and is also very funny!

They specialize in EXCELLENCE.

Shanny

Yes,

Texas is just a 45 min. flight to Monterrey. Dr. Zapata and Dr. Sanchez's office have done more surgeries than anyone in the world. They've proctored 45 doctors in the United States. They have a hugh hospital, not clinic, this is very important. Lot's of surgeons are doing lapbands in small clinics and if you had any problems you'd be in a mess. Santa Agrasia is the same hospital our President goes to if he has an illness while in Mexico. They're very competitive price wise. It's 8500.00 and that includes everything. Hotel stay, all Hospital fees and doctor's fee, transportation from airport, to hotel, to hospital and anywhere else you'd like to go. food while your they're for the patient and juices, bottled Water, free phone use to the U.S. and as much as you want to talk and free internet. They are soooooo friendly. The doctor also gives you his cell phone number and his home number and I've called his twice with questions and talked to my surgeon, not a receptionist, try getting that here. I have pictures of the hospital, guesthouse and everything while I was there. I lost 50 pounds the first 4 months and I've had absolutely not the first problem. Please feel free to pm me or email me if you have any questions. Here is they're website. They are worldwide very well known surgeons. They've done over 7000.

www.ready4achange.com

Good luck and let me know if I can help you. :clap2:

I live in the Dallas area and flew to San Antonio. The patient coordinator picked us up (me and my sister) at the airport and drove us accross the border to Acuna. Dr. Rodriguez in Acuna did my surgery. It was a great experience and he is a great doc. I would do it over again in a heartbeat.

I couldn't be happier.

Hello

I was wanting to talk to someone that went to Mexico for lapband.

Could you please help me?

Is Monterrey close to Texas?

I live close to Houston?

And I heard it is cheaper there? Please let me know thanks

Sweetfriend66@aol.com

Yes, Monterrey is close to Texas. Very close to Houston in fact. I think the flight was only about an hour from Houston. If you go to:

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?formtype=address&addtohistory=&address=&city=Monterrey&state=Nuevo%20Leon&zipcode=&country=MX&location=uuMr8LtGpQzwE00UjDavYTu4kT8CzDMsa4ylJUaUuvPDW7fc9sa2u9bEfnb7Onzba9paqVolxkk%2fKlRHlM6pHxZCQIxvKx%2fp4xJpF8cmw2%2flWlr3XFSuvw%3d%3d&ambiguity=1 you can see where Monterrey is.

I know there are several doctors in Monterrey who do the surgery. I haven't heard bad things about any of them. My doctor has been awesome! He comes to the US to do fills a few times a year too, so that can help with the cost of getting fills done. In fact, he'll be in Las Vegas towards the end of February to do fills and to host a get together there.

As for cost, I paid $7900 for the surgery, and that included fills for 2 years, although I think he may have different rules about fills now -- not sure. Regardless, he's always been very good to me. I had to have my port relocated, and he only charged me $550 for everything -- hospital, anesthesiologist, 2 days of hotel, and taxis. I doubt any US doctor would be so good to his patients!

If you have any specific questions, please feel free to email me directly if you like. My email is kim@naturalfamilyboutique.com.

Hi Everyone,

I know everyone is talking about all of their doctors, I am so glad there are so many out there that help everyone. There is nothing better than to get the band. I am so excited, and its the best thing I have ever done for myself.

My surgeon was Dr. Javier De la Garza through www.litenfree.com I had an awesome experience and their price is only $8,000 and that includes everything even fills for life if you get your airfare back. They have an awesome patient coordinator, her name was Stephanie. She is the best part of the program. Everyone speaks English and everyone is SOO helpful. I wasn't scared at all when I arrived. The hospital is amazing, so clean and beautiful.

Mollie

Since Dr. Sanchez has passed away his partner Dr. Zapata is taking over and doing all surgeries. He's just as experienced and done over 4000 and trained several U.S. surgeons.

kwhenrykerr, I have enjoyed your posts. They are so encouraging. 2 days left...leave Sunday for Dr. Ortiz. I'm good with losing slowly after a June reunion, but I badly want to have 50 pounds off by then. Y'all keep me in your prayers on Monday. MY BIG DAY!!! New beginnings, a year to celebrate!

surgery 1/18/07, lbs lost 17 great doctor, hospital, staff thye all work as a team. he is havig a special now for $6,990. best money ever spent. call janet in the states she is a patient coordinator.

Alice

Yes,

Texas is just a 45 min. flight to Monterrey. Dr. Zapata and Dr. Sanchez's office have done more surgeries than anyone in the world. They've proctored 45 doctors in the United States. They have a hugh hospital, not clinic, this is very important. Lot's of surgeons are doing lapbands in small clinics and if you had any problems you'd be in a mess. Santa Agrasia is the same hospital our President goes to if he has an illness while in Mexico. They're very competitive price wise. It's 8500.00 and that includes everything. Hotel stay, all Hospital fees and doctor's fee, transportation from airport, to hotel, to hospital and anywhere else you'd like to go. food while your they're for the patient and juices, bottled Water, free phone use to the U.S. and as much as you want to talk and free internet. They are soooooo friendly. The doctor also gives you his cell phone number and his home number and I've called his twice with questions and talked to my surgeon, not a receptionist, try getting that here. I have pictures of the hospital, guesthouse and everything while I was there. I lost 50 pounds the first 4 months and I've had absolutely not the first problem. Please feel free to pm me or email me if you have any questions. Here is they're website. They are worldwide very well known surgeons. They've done over 7000.

www.ready4achange.com

Good luck and let me know if I can help you. :clap2:

Woo hooooo!!!! I am home and banded! I'm on my way to better things!!!! And never ever let anyone doubt Mexico. It was beyond a shadow of a doubt the best time of my life. The best Dr., hospital, service, etc. I will never have elective surgery in the states after this expericence!!! NEVER! And

Woo hooooo!!!! I am home and banded! I'm on my way to better things!!!! And never ever let anyone doubt Mexico. It was beyond a shadow of a doubt the best time of my life. The best Dr., hospital, service, etc. I will never have elective surgery in the states after this expericence!!! NEVER! And I promise you will all my being and God as my witness I was coming back here and telling the whole truth, nothing, NOTHING left out!

As with the states, I am sure there are dr. and hospitals out there that are not up to par, but to say OMG, MEXICO??? again, never.