Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shopping for a Dr. in Mexico

Sherry can you pm the cordinators number, I have all my paper work ready, and as soon as taxes come in I will have the surgery but if I can get financed I'd do it earlier

I went to Dr. Arturo Rodriguez in Monterrey, Mexico, and it was great. His staff takes care of the patients the whole time they are there and the big hospital is better than any hotel I've every stayed in and I've stayed in some big name hotels. Everything is granite and marble with gold faucets in the bathroom. The nursing service is superb. So I also recommend Dr. Rodriguez. Make sure it's the right Dr. His name is Arturo Rodriguez.

:clap2: Well gang - I am going to schedule my surgery for early March. - have to wait for the money part. I decided to go with Dr. Ortiz and I am really excited. I watched the Biggest Loser Finale last night and all I can say is I was motivated to look the way they looked!

:clap2: Well gang - I am going to schedule my surgery for early March. - have to wait for the money part. I decided to go with Dr. Ortiz and I am really excited. I watched the Biggest Loser Finale last night and all I can say is I was motivated to look the way they looked!

You will not regret choosing Dr. Ortiz.... I absolutly fell in love with his clinic when I had my band placed 7 weeks ago. They are all wonderful and Dr. Ortiz' mom, Mrs. Ortiz is a complete trip... great sense of humor!!!

You will be in VERY good hands, both at the clinic and at the hotel (Alonso, a bellhop at the Lucerna will help you go anywhere you need to go, he is great).

Good luck!!!:clap2:

Also, for those who would like to get more info on Dr. Oritz, I bought his book "Lap band for Life" on Amazon.com Reading that book really made me feel and know I made the right choice choosing him. How many other doctors actually have a book with chapters written by the maker of the lap band and other top surgeons around the world? I was impressed!!! Audree:clap2:

I went to Dr. Roberto Rumbaut who was absolutely amazing!! His staff spoke English and the hospital facilities and hotel were first class. Dr. Rumbaut has the best bedside manner of any doctor I've ever dealt with. His website is www.gastricband.com. Good Luck!

Hearing the good and bad about someone is a little like talking to a salesman. The salesman wants to sell his product and negtive things about others work to place dought in my mind. I try to check-up on negtive things becuse they are so often wrong. We have a responsabalty to report our feelings and impressions.

1. They inform others

2. They provide feedback to make the system better

I am glad to say that my trip into Lap-Band land has been great for me so far. It may change in the future, and if it does I will report it.

We all must make our own choices, even not doing anything is an action.

I went to DR. HUACUZ in Tijuana. He was awesome. From the moment I got there he greeted me at the door and got us settled in right away. He came and checked on us often. He is really down to earth and very professional and knowledgeable in this field. His staff is the greatest! I made the best choice for me and don't regret it all!

Banded 12/20/06

Dr. Huacuz, Tijuana,

Awesome doctor!

weight.png

I have readstats about some of the Mexico Doctors on this website. If I remember right Dr. Ortiz had the highest number of problems. He also had by far the most experience. I went to him after looking around at other Doctors and speaking by phone with people who had gone to him. I had my reservations about my outcome with any doctor, US or Mexico. The US doctors have a more formal system of reporting problems. I know from personal experience that the US system hides a lot of problems from the public. I went to Mexico and a very experienced Doctor. The results are great, I may have gone to a less experienced and more costly Doctor close to home, but I did not.

I went to Dr. Rumbaut and am extremely pleased. The poster who said he has a great bedside manner wasn't kidding. It's awesome.

:bananapartyhat: wow i have been doing studing for the last year for dr.s in mexico and dr. ortiz"s name came up over and over then i called the makers of the band and the said that Dr. Ortiz had done over 4000 bands him self so thats where i went.its been three weeks now and i fill great .the staff and dr.s where wonderful.and the clinc was incredable.it was the best med. care i have ever had i wish he and his staff could be me reg. dr. here in the states.

darrell:)