Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

17th here I come!!! I started at 254 in Jan....232 now....surgery in 46 hours! :) I'm ready to be skinny. Only 10 BMI points to drop! I'm 5'10. Here we goooooooo!

Hi everyone, i am new to this group. My surgery date in June 26, if i get approval... kinda waited to the last min to do everything. So hopefully they can get insurance approval in a week.

Hey ladies and gents....those who've been sleeved already I have a question. When u eat ur 1 to 2 ounces of food do u feel exhausted afterwards?

Not tired, just irritated because it takes so long to eat and my cold stuff gets warm and my warm stuff gets cold.

Hello my June brothers & sisters!!

Hope you all are feeling well as we are midway though OUR month. :)

I was sleeved on the 11th & stayed day of surgery & 2 days in the hospital. I'm not going to lie.. That gas pain is no joke. My dr was "very stingy" (as my nurses said) on the pain meds so I was hurting more than prob the average sleeve patient ( needed to be). Now that I'm home it's a clear liquid diet for 2 weeks, then Protein & strained Soups & liquids for 6 more weeks. Lets just say.. That chicken broth get real old real quick. Lol

Overall words can't express how happy I am that I am sleeved. Right now I'm healing & I know this is part of the process. It's just going to be a minor blip in hindsight compared to being healthy for the rest of my life. :)

As for my hospital stay I brought the robe I never used & my Kindle & heating pad & gasX strips all never got used. I barely barely even had the tv on at all. The hospital really does provide you with everything you will need. Just be strong & try to walk as much as you can. I wish you all

Preop's the very very best & praying for you all & my post ops... We did it y'all!!!!!! Now I am SO looking forward to OUR sharing of before & after pics!!

Ohhhh btw y'all follow your preop diets!! My dr remarked on how tiny my liver was! (Hands in the air). It sure wasn't easy but YOU CAN DO IT!!

I kept telling myself " I can have these foods, I just choose not to" and it helped me. I know you're hungry bc I was but it will be worth it!!

Hello my June brothers & sisters!!

Hope you all are feeling well as we are midway though OUR month. :)

I was sleeved on the 11th & stayed day of surgery & 2 days in the hospital. I'm not going to lie.. That gas pain is no joke. My dr was "very stingy" (as my nurses said) on the pain meds so I was hurting more than prob the average sleeve patient ( needed to be). Now that I'm home it's a clear liquid diet for 2 weeks' date=' then Protein & strained Soups & liquids for 6 more weeks. Lets just say.. That chicken broth get real old real quick. Lol

Overall words can't express how happy I am that I am sleeved. Right now I'm healing & I know this is part of the process. It's just going to be a minor blip in hindsight compared to being healthy for the rest of my life. :)

As for my hospital stay I brought the robe I never used & my Kindle & heating pad & gasX strips all never got used. I barely barely even had the tv on at all. The hospital really does provide you with everything you will need. Just be strong & try to walk as much as you can. I wish you all

Preop's the very very best & praying for you all & my post ops... We did it y'all!!!!!! Now I am SO looking forward to OUR sharing of before & after pics!!

Ohhhh btw y'all follow your preop diets!! My dr remarked on how tiny my liver was! (Hands in the air). It sure wasn't easy but YOU CAN DO IT!!

I kept telling myself " I can have these foods, I just choose not to" and it helped me. I know you're hungry bc I was but it will be worth it!![/quote']

Congrats to you! Sounds like a picture perfect surgery. My surgeon told me the same about my liver. In fact he told my mom after the surgery that I have the liver of an 18 yr old. I was diligent on the pre op just like you.

Congrats again, we were both sleeved on the 11th or like I think of it, reborn on the 11th.

Yes we were!! Happy birthday to us!! Haha!

We did it we did it we did it!! Now sip sip sip!! Haha.

Not tired' date=' just irritated because it takes so long to eat and my cold stuff gets warm and my warm stuff gets cold.[/quote']

I agree. ..I keep reheating my broth lol or just make a lot smaller portions. I ate yogurt and cottake cheese this morning...mixing them made them feel texture wise less drying since we can't drink with meals...meals that make ur mouth dry like the dessert make them hard to get down :-(

@takingback....im the 18th also...stay strong sleeve buddy...

@ vermion i was on some thread others used a babyfood Warmer plate where u add hot or cold Water in the bottom of the plate...i will check online again for myself since u mention this cause i had forgot...

Ok refried Beans for lunch not such a good idea even though they tasted good (mixed a little chicken brother in them to smooth them out) but just those 2 tiny ounces has me so gassy I cant drink my Protein shake....I feel way too full and I ate lunch 5 hours ago :-( can we use the gasX strips? I really dont want to call the doc for that lol

Hey ladies and gents....those who've been sleeved already I have a question. When u eat ur 1 to 2 ounces of food do u feel exhausted afterwards?

YES! I had surgery on 6-7 & I had my very 1st RTD Premier Protein drink today! I could only finished a little more than 1/2, it took me 3hrs & I had to take a 20min nap after that....Pathetic, I know.

YES! I had surgery on 6-7 & I had my very 1st RTD Premier Protein drink today! I could only finished a little more than 1/2' date=' it took me 3hrs & I had to take a 20min nap after that....Pathetic, I know.[/quote']

No im the same way. Ive managed to get down Water but it has to be room temp. And 2 of the 3 tiny meals....but wow am I exhausted after. I drank a 1/2 shake yesterday and a 1/2 of one today. Surgery was 6/12. Happy im not alone...I was told it get easier daily. I dont want to vomit so I refuse to push more in. As long as my urine is good output and not amber or dark im ok lol

Sounds like you're doing EXCELLENT!

Sounds like you're doing EXCELLENT!

Thank u....I am trying....just wont force it. Not a fan of vomit lol if ur doing the same then I feel confident that we will be great...just in due time