Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Seriously? One week diet and I haven't stuck to anything .

I'm ranting here. I know what I need to do..

Protein Shake for Breakfast

Protein shake for lunch

sensible dinner

DONE

Where has the soda and bowls of Cereal come into play. It's like this crazy urge to eat and eat. I know part of it is from the lack of carbs throughout the day and I need my seratonin fix, but SHEESH....FAILURE!

Four days to go and then three days of liquid

I need some support here. I know I'm not the only one that's gone through this. Any ideas, tricks, techniques to DO IT? Obviously my forte is NOT will-power.

Help...

Unless it is time to eat I have to keep myself VERY busy. Running errands, work, school work, talking to friends, exercising. Anything at all to keep myself busy and my mind away from food.

Keep busy, keep away from teh trigger foods, and watch the number of carbs in that "sensible" meal. If you are having a really difficult time, maybe you need to do three Protein Drinks to keep you full?

If you get hungry drink Protein drinks and drink a lot of Water. I was told you can

have suger free Jello because it is considered as a liquid.

It happens! I have a 3 months of insurance requirements that say I should be losing weight. For the first TWO MONTHS it was like I couldn't stop eating, it was so much worse than it had been before. Now rounding out my final month I have calmed down and actually lost a few pounds. I'm not sure if it's the same for you, but for me it was complete panic eating. food has been my best friend for most of my life and the thought of losing it was freaking me out. I made some simple adjustments, things that sound silly but really help me, I found alot of inspirational quotes and put them up in the office and at home so I see them several times a day, my favorite "Discipline is just choosing between what you want now & what you want MOST"...remember you are worth being healthy and happy. Other than that, I keep a glass of ice with me at all times and chew on the ice. It satisfies my need to be chomping on something (especially when I'm anxious) and no calories and helps with Fluid intake. Good luck! YOU CAN DO THIS :)

Personally, I would consider having your sensible dinner for breakfast or lunch, so you start out the day satisfied. Then you can keep ahead of your hunger for the rest of the day.

The pre-op diet is rehab!! It was the hardest part for me. Keep busy getting the house ready prior to surgery, make sleeve friendly freezer food, buy Gas X, start a great book, watch a great movie, walk. Read this forum alot so you are ready for all the variety of issues someone could have. Sugarfree popsicles, sugar free hot cider and chicken broth are usually legal. Pinterest your new clothes and house/garden things you'd love to do this summer. You will be so glad you went thru the carb deprivation prior to surgery, certainly don't want to mix that with surgery recovery. Bless you!