Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I must say I am so surprised by the people with less than a 80 lbs to loose that are opting for this surgery, This is not the easy way out this is very challenging both physically and mentally, I have personally lost 140 lbs three times ove the past 35 years so I know it can be done without surgery. My problem is that it was a 10 year cycle each time to loose and then gain the weight back, at 50 I dont have that many 10 year cycles left. Every time I lost the weight before the sleeve it was diet and exercise... Guess what sleevers it is the same thing after the sleeve... Diet and exercise!!!! Weight Loss Surgery Is not the Easy WEIGH out.

The way I interpreted what you said is you think people with 80 or less to lose should just lose it without surgery? And that they have no idea that losing the weight is all about diet and exercise?

Most people who are sleeved or thinking about it are experts, like you on losing the weight, it's keeping it off, like you.Most people don't use 10 year cycles to lose and gain. For me, I had about 100 give or take to lose. I lose without fail 30-40 pounds EVERY Jan-March, only to be back where I started, if not more by Dec. I mean every year. That is dangerous and I don't want to do that anymore. Like you, I know exactly how much work and and lifestyle change it is going to take, like most sleevers.

Yes, there are a small percentage of sleevers who do think this is a magic bullet. Not long ago, there was post by someone who has been sleeved several months ago but is no longer losing, when asked if they were following the plan the reply was I would love to but I have no self control, that's why I got the surgery. Sadly, this person will most likely fail, because all the emotional problems that lead to no control are still there. Good thing is that type of sleever is in the vast minority.

Most sleevers, without regard to how much they need to lose go into this well researched and educated about the lifestyle changes and the diet and exercise requirements. I have not seen a sleever on this site yet that has said it's the easy way out.

I must say I am so surprised by the people with less than a 80 lbs to loose that are opting for this surgery, This is not the easy way out this is very challenging both physically and mentally, I have personally lost 140 lbs three times ove the past 35 years so I know it can be done without surgery. My problem is that it was a 10 year cycle each time to loose and then gain the weight back, at 50 I dont have that many 10 year cycles left. Every time I lost the weight before the sleeve it was diet and exercise... Guess what sleevers it is the same thing after the sleeve... Diet and exercise!!!! Weight Loss Surgery Is not the Easy WEIGH out.

That’s pretty ignorant of you to judge other people like that. I like ALMOST EVERYONE else on this site has had the cycles and with every cycle you go up just 10 or 20 lbs. Many have medical conditions, many were athletes and know more about working our and their bodies then you do, many have suffered illnesses and injuries, many have chosen to do this so that they don’t have to be 50 and several "cycles" heavier. Don’t preach hard work and exercise to these people. Our Drs have gotten everyone’s backgrounds and made the decision that this surgery was necessary.

I did not get the easy memo if/when they were handing them out. But I gotta be honest, it has been EVERYTHING but easy!

Shame on you for judging anybody but yourself and your own situation.

I was sleeved on March 25th......... I have been at a 2 week stall also....... I am wondering if we ate more.. like every 3 hours even if it is a couple of bites of something.... will that rev up our metabolism to shed the weight.... I am assuming that we are all stalled because of " slow metabolism", due to starvation mode...... I don't know ???? just thinking of what might be the matter with these darn stalls.... they are really annoying ?!? bodyweight.png?ts=1367336671

I was sleeved on March 25th......... I have been at a 2 week stall also....... I am wondering if we ate more.. like every 3 hours even if it is a couple of bites of something.... will that rev up our metabolism to shed the weight.... I am assuming that we are all stalled because of " slow metabolism", due to starvation mode...... I don't know ???? just thinking of what might be the matter with these darn stalls.... they are really annoying ?!? bodyweight.png?ts=1367336671

thats what i did... ill let you know how it works out. the stall is killing me lol

Sleeved on 3-8 -13 as well. I lost 20 lbs right off the bat, then had a horrible stall that lasted nearly 3 weeks. The scales finally moved again and as of today am down 26 pounds. I wanted more but I'll take it anyway. Hang in there ladies - the scales will move again!

Oh - I failed to mention that I had less than 80 lbs to lose before surgery. Big deal. I'll choose whatever means I darn well please to lose weight and (hopefully:) keep it off. I suppose if you have an opinion about my choice or anyone else's - so what?? When I went into surgery I can honestly say that your opinion wasn't a factor at all and I don't give a rip what you think. F off.

It is so sad, some peopkes perception. This is suppose to be a support group. Most every one did the surgery to better their life and health. Myself included. I had the personal trainer and lost the weight on my own.. however due to multiple herniated discs I was no longer able to exercise without extreme pain. On top of that I developed a sever case of Psuedotumor cerebri and risked going blind if I did not have the surgery. It was not an easy decision. .. but yet one I had to make. It is not easy... will not be easy and none of this was done thinking it was a quick fix. Shame on you for being so negative when people on here need support and positive encouragement.

I can't break this damn stall! Its been 2 weeks!;( stYrd @ 240

To the person who can lose it easy...go for it. But we are all educated and have researched this lifestyle and change with research and much consideration. None of us here are blind or think we just took an easy way out. If you think this is easy...PLEASE do yourself a favor and exit stage door left...because we ALL work at this 24/7 we don't get cheat days to pig out. We know the seriousness of our choices and we all have our health and future with our families to keep us focused. We here help each other we encourage and motivate, we won't tolerate your negativity. Please remove yourself from this forum as you've taught us nothing but your crass and rude behavior.

To my fellow March post op sleevers....keep rocking on and love to you all!!

I had more than 80 pounds to lose for sure, but if anything I admire those who did this before they had more to lose and MORE health problems. Plus, the hard part is KEEPING the weight off. We all know that. This will help them do that! It sounds like you are just jealous that younger, fitter people are changing their lives and not wasting 10-20 years cycling. This site is for support an encouragement, not for hurting other people while you work out your personal issues. I have some great connections in the counseling field. Please feel free to message me if you would like a reference.

For whoever said whatever about having 80 lbs or less to lose... You must be talking about me!!! This is all I have to say to ya... "They see me rollin'... They hatin'..." Hahahaha love all the support and I didn't even hear you... This is positive and I'm gonna take over the world and WORK HARD all the way there!!

I can't break this damn stall! Its been 2 weeks!;( stYrd @ 240

Mine is two weeks also. I'm stuck at 202. But you know I'm not worrying about it. I eat like 5 times a day and now I'm exercising. It's got to break one day. If you see everyone has a stall. So as long as your doing right it's gonna start dropping again. Hell it has too.

Wow I cant believe the hate on this board I saw some one with 40 lbs having a consult about a vertical sleeve, and you haters that are lazy will not be successful it is still about Diet and Exercise!!! wether you have 10lbs to loose or 400 Lbs to loose. None of the people on this board know me or have walked a mile in my shoes and yet they are ready to ostracize me. well to all the lazy people looking for a quick fix the truth hurts dont it.

Mine is two weeks also. I'm stuck at 202. But you know I'm not worrying about it. I eat like 5 times a day and now I'm exercising. It's got to break one day. If you see everyone has a stall. So as long as your doing right it's gonna start dropping again. Hell it has too.

This is what I can't wrap my brain around......... I am a big girl and my basal metabolic rate was like saying I needed so many calories so that my organs can function properly.... I am eating sooo little and hit a weight stall..... I am assuming that we are all in starvation mode... it just doesn't make sense to me... everything I ate today was usually one snack for me on a good day.... sooooo what is up with that ??? I have a hard time talking to my surgeon because he was against the sleeve and gave a hard push towards the RNY until the very end... and I mean while I was about to be put under and I still heard.. not too late to change.... anyways... I don't know We must all be in starvation mode that is the only answer I can come up with.........We might have to eat small Protein meals a few times a day to break it.bodyweight.png?ts=1367353776